Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Apparently, there are Trek fans in the II Asylum (whether or not there are Trekkies is debatable). Thus, there shall be a thread for them.

Here is your first piece for discussion.

Let’s talk something REALLY controversial.

In the Pale Moonlight.

One of the best episodes of all television ever?

Or one of the worst?

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

HATE I hate with a firey pasion of burning hateful… hate

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010

Aw man, I hadn’t watched that backrub scene in so long. Now (to me, at least) it’s just hilariously, hilariously obvious and much too funny.

I am possibly slightly hysterical.

I have to say, I’m slowly warming up to Kirk/Spock, mostly because I’m defrosting to slash in general. Something about Spock is appealing to the fangirl in me – yes, Spock! Tell me how fascinating I am! – and Kirk is such a playah.

This actually does a pretty goo breakdown of the slashy moments, even if it does run into the conspiracy theories a bit (as in, Gene Roddenberry was a closet slashficcer and most of the writers were in on it).

I have to say, I’m slowly warming up to Kirk/Spock, mostly because I’m defrosting to slash in general.

NO! NO! YOU MUST RESIST!

Apparently Roddenberry said this…

“Yes, there is certainly some of that – certainly with love overtones. Deep love. The only difference being, the Greek ideal— we never suggested in the series— physical love between the two. But we certainly had the feeling that the affection was sufficient for that, if that were the particular style of the 23rd century.”

So here you go shippers. Kirk/Spock is canon.