Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010

I quite enjoyed that poem. It made me realize that if I hadn’t been speaking English my entire life I would find it very frustrating indeed. XD

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

I like the poem. But try saying the whole thing without messing up.

Holy crap that’s a long poem.

Very long, but very funny. I liked it :D

lol. But it’s funny, isn’t it? I can’t imagine what non-speakers have to deal with when they learn English…

ZIVA: American idioms drive me up the hall!
    TONY: ...

XD Sorry, couldn’t resist an NCIS reference. It’s not completely relevant, but close.

That’s really amusing to try and read aloud. I was bumbling by the second line.

What I find most difficult with English is getting a decent flow in my sentences, since Swedish is somewhat monotone-sounding, whereas English is certainly not. Though I had the luck of coming from a country with more letters and sounds in the alphabet than in the English one, so at least I didn’t need to learn new ones…. Poor, poor French….

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

I’ve made a huge mistake trying to read out loud the whole poem.

I gave up somewhere near the end, as my teeth felt like they were gonna break soon.

A warning for you all: If you value your sanity, teeth, vocal chords and tongue, do not attempt to read the poem out loud. Believe me, it ain’t nice at all.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

Now I have this crazy urge to do so and record it….

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited

I wouldn’t do that if I were you. But then, I’m not you.

Feel free, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.