Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited

Hmm, I have to admit, I like Eyeshield 21 so far. Especially since it’s comedy.

Also, do we get an explanation of why Hiruma looks like a demon?

Yeah, there’s actually good reasoning behind his behavior. He’s a really complex character for a shonen sports manga.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010

Haha, I can see he’s complex enough already.

Yeah, he’s pretty much my favorite. Considering how stagnant and follow-the-leader manga authors tend to be, I’ve never really seen another character like him.

How far are you?

• CommentAuthorNo One

Up to chapter 11. Dunno what volume, I’m just reading off the internet.

Hiruma’s the main provider of comedy IMO.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Got Berserk #12 and 13 yesterday. Now I’m almost to the point where the anime cut off, so I can find out what happens next.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

Up to chapter 11. Dunno what volume, I’m just reading off the internet.

Hiruma’s the main provider of comedy IMO.

Ah, you’ve still got quite a ways to go. All the teammates they add in the future have their own unique comic uses(except for the three brothers, whose jokes typically involve them as a unit).

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

Are You Alice?

Holy. Mother. Of. GOD.

• CommentAuthorNo One

@ sansa: Hey, spoiler. ;P

My bad X( I thought that had already happened by the game against the White Knights, but I am wrong. Clearly I need to reread it again.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Well, I dunno if the new team mates you’re talking about are actually the ones that played against the White Knights… but meh, all will be cleared up as I read further. Hopefully. :D

Oh, no, they recruit more players for their team instead of just relying on Hiruma blackmailing other clubs’ helpers. That’s not really much of a spoiler, though.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010 edited

Yeah, I just found out.

Does Sena’s hair remind you of anything? Particularly a certain manga about a giant gorilla, full moon and a lot of fighting?

EDIT: The three brothers you mentioned, are those the Huh huh brothers?

Oh, that’s just main character hair, not Goku hair specifically.

The three brothers you mentioned, are those the Huh huh brothers?

You’ll see.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010

sansafro, I am in great debt to you. Eyeshield 21 is awesome.

Glad you like it. You probably haven’t even gotten to the really great stuff yet, unless you’ve been absolutely burning through it.

I actually think I’m gonna reread it again, seeing as how it’s my favorite manga ever.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Really? That’s great.

Plus, the Apollo video = LOL

Oh, you’re moving along at a pretty high clip. I love that whole Aliens arc, both for the quality and because I was born in Houston. That said, the team is really, really white given the city’s demographics, but there’s actually a reason for it, so I don’t mind that much.

• CommentAuthorNo One

You were born in Houston?

stalker alert

Personally, I thought it was a little weird having an alien/space obsessed team, but I don’t really mind. :P

I like Panther.

Well, the writer/artist duo love their theme teams, and I guess the thing most outsiders would associate with Houston is NASA.

Panther is a cool character, though, and he surprisingly manages to avoid a lot of the condescending Japanese stereotypes of black people, aside from making silly faces occasionally.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010

Poor guys… the Death March is indeed hell. Plus, wow, Hiruma is really complex alright. He’s probably my favourite character out of the whole lot.

Yeah, for me it’s probably a toss-up between Juumonji and Hiruma.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010

I’m halfway through the series now. :D

Now it’s a toss between Kekei (Kakei? Damn, I forgot) and Hiruma as a favourite.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited

The ace linebacker for the Poseidon?

You are burning right along, jeez.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010 edited

O_O Hail Mary pass? They also know about Hail Mary?

Of course, I shouldn’t be surprised.

LOL. Juumonji’s also been added to my favourite characters.

Is Hail Mary that famous?

EDIT: Wait, Hail Mary or Hail Devil?

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

A Hail Mary is a pretty common football term, actually. It comes from a desperation pass Roger Staubach threw to Drew Pearson to beat the Vikings in the 1975 playoffs. It’s basically used to describe throwing the ball as hard as you can when you’re in a hopeless situation and and praying one of your receivers comes down with it. /football nerd

And yeah, Hiruma’s pass was actually a Hail Devil(which is pretty much impossible in real life thanks to physics), since, as he said, demons don’t ask God for favors.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010

Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

The rest of the tournament is looking suicidal, after reading the part where Banba is mowed down by that monster.

Gaou is the awesomeness. And yeah, with one exception, they pretty much play nothing but top tier teams from here on out(and even the weaker team is unconventional enough to be dangerous, and has an epic intro).

• CommentAuthorNo One

That’s the monster’s name, Gaou? I didn’t see it.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

Wait, how far are you now? I thought Gaou wasn’t until after the Shinryuuji game or so.

Wow, never mind, for some reason I thought the Hail Devil was against Seibu. Yeah, the Shinryuuji game was epic, and I was sure that would be the peak of the series after I finished it, but somehow the remaining games keep getting better.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Right now I’m at chapter 260, in the match against the dinosaur team (I’m not very good at remember names.)

It was very surprising when Hiruma got out. It was even more surprising when Sena took his place. Seriously… what about the suggestion on the letter Ishimaru? Wasn’t there a reason why Hiruma wrote him down or something…?

I guess I’ll find out as I read more. But I want answers now.

Don’t tell me.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010

Wait, there’s a female quarterback? Is that actually allowed?

It’s not against the rules, but it would be real tough to find one who could actually play the position. The few female football players I’ve ever heard about were all kickers.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010

I feel satisfied (and somewhat sad) that I’ve now completed reading Eyeshield 21 on my last day of term break.

At least I can say that I’ve read an awesome series in the school hols. Again, thanks, sansa for giving me a manga to read!

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited

No problem. Now that you’re done, I can tell you I don’t think the ending was that great, at least compared to the rest of the series. I hate Chuubou or whatever his name is. The last arc has its moments though, no argument there(Agon’s little moments of humanity are probably my favorite part).

Also, it contains what might be the greatest single picture in all of manga:

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010

Haha, yeah, that was pretty cool. My favourite part though was Hiruma’s sad face. The only part where I couldn’t stop giggling.

Chuubou was a little bit awkward, like he’s just been thrown in for some new blood IMO.

I think the wrap up of the story was not top-notch as usual… the ending could almost be called pathetic but yes, it did have its good parts. Still…

Well, what bugged me about it was that it felt like the ending of the Christmas Bowl just got glossed over so they could do the world championship thing, and the Christmas Bowl had been the goal since the beginning. I wouldn’t have probably minded it as much if there had been a little more time for the whole thing to sink in.

Chuubou was just a waste of space. He just took away pagetime from the more interesting characters.

Also, there was the whole “MVP gets an NFL contract” even though you’re not eligible to play in the NFL until 3 years after you’ve graduated high school, but that’s just another research thing I guess.

I actually liked the ambiguity, since having America win would’ve felt like a letdown when the Japanese are the protagonists, but it would’ve felt forced/overly nationalist to have the Japanese win.

I mean, it was still a really good arc, but I can’t put it up there with classic stuff like the Naga or White Knights or Dinosaurs games.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010

And again, I agree with you. Plus, all the trick plays by Hiruma somewhere in the middle were pretty cool. Especially the ones in… which game was that? “‘Damn it, damn it!’ is what you think I’d say?” or something like that.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010

I wonder, is it actually possible to run like Sena?

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010 edited

Run like him as in run a 4.2 in the 40 yard dash? Not a chance. That’s Deion Sanders caliber speed, and he’s the fastest to ever play the game pretty much, and he was a grown man.

I think the fastest 40 time in the NFL right now(to my knowledge) is the Titans RB Chris Johnson, who IIRC ran something like a 4.24, and he’s the best RB in the league right now.

So yeah, a Japanese high schooler being able to run a time like that is pretty absurd. It was just one of those parts where I suspended my disbelief, though.

/footballnerd

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010

Oh, I meant in techniques. There was something about keeping your feet at a right angle and using your calves muscles instead of your thigh muscles.

Ahh, I see. Well, you can always try it and see how it feels.

•  
      CommentAuthorTANSTAAFL
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010

The soundtrack from the original FMA pwns the crap out of Brotherhood.

^^Yeah, I miss hearing that Brothers theme.

And for some reason, I watched a couple episodes of Clannad. It feels like an anime written by Nicholas Sparks.

I just want to reiterate how kickass Fairy Tail’s soundtrack is. Download it right now.

DO IT.

Seriously, I’m trying to use it as a soundtrack as I edit right now and I can’t decide on which song to use because there are too many badass ones.

ARE YOU DOWNLOADING IT YET? DO IT.

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2010 edited

I don’t know why but I did it. And listened to it all. I’ve got all the episodes downloading it weekly but I gave up on actually watching it after maybe 10 episodes? I can’t remember. Doesnt matter because I’ve read it all and am following it weekly. I’ll watch all the anime eventually otherwise I wouldnt be downloading it but it is much easier to watch a series weekly than all at once so I shouldn’t have stopped. I was just disappointed by the bare minimum animation, magic circles they added and bad fights akin to Sailor Moon ones where they seem to just do the same attack animation and thats it.

Anywayz as for the music, that was the most enjoyable part of the series from what I remember. And I’ve seen all the opening and ending themes. It’s all very Irish isnt it? But I’m not sure if I’d make that big a deal out of it. As long as the music fits the anime it is for then it’s good, which is usually the case. But my favorite anime soundtrack is probably for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

And FYI, sansafro187, I might read all of Eyeshield 21 soon since you make such a big deal about it. Maybe just so I can validly tell you that it’s not very good. Or maybe I’ll like it but I’m not into sports, especially Gridiron which I find idiotic compared to similar sports such as AFL, soccer and rugby. Right now I am trying to finish Dragon Ball up to where Z/Kai starts because I am following Kai and don’t need to read it, too.

EDIT: Does a Volume 2 of the Fairy Tail Soundtrack exist on the net? Some sites said something about it but I cant find a good torrent or direct download.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiel
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010

Oh my.

I feel like I did when Eri Kawai died. I loved Satoshi Kon’s work. It’s hard to believe that he’ll never make another movie now.

Rest in peace, Satoshi Kon. You were brilliant.

What the hell happened to Ash’s eyes?

•  
      CommentAuthorMiel
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2010

I’m watching Kobato :3 I’m not a huge CLAMP fan, but I’m loving this series so far. It’s funny, touching, maybe a bit overwrought, but it feels like that’s on purpose.

I know nobody/hardly anyone in this forum cares about One Piece, but IT COMES BACK AFTER ITS MONTH BREAK IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO!!! So excited. There is spoilers out and everyone is discussing the chapter already but for once I have sworn not to read them to keep the chapter pure. A tiny bit of non-important things have somewhat been ruined for me though. The bastards.

So yeah, this is such a huge moment for One Piece since there’s been a timeskip and the crew will be entering the second half of the Grand Line soon. So to all of you who dont see the brilliance that is its author Eiichiro Oda, you really should give One Piece a try and get up-to-date with the series because it only going to get more epic from here on out. READ IT! Or watch it, but majority of the time reading is better.

ONE PIECE COME OUT after being delayed by quite a while and still no one in this forum cares!!!!!! Thats ok I am just excited and have actual manga/One Piece forums to talk about it in.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010

Um, I care about it a little.

I only read up to a certain point, I can’t remember where. It was brilliant, yeah, but I stopped because my library didn’t have any more volumes.

However, now that I’ve discovered online manga for free, I plan to start reading One Piece in the summer holidays.

I would read One Piece, but the titanic length of it is dissuading me.

Also, I took a glance at some of the anime this season. Other than Bakuman and Iron Man, I’m not exactly interested.

Yay No One. Took you quite a while to discover online manga for free.

Marquis, well the longer you put off reading it the length will only get longer… I dislike it when people who have read like 300+ chapter series at once say they dont want to read One Piece. Because does another couple of hundred on top of that really make much difference? Damn the Naruto fans who complain about One Piece’s length saying it also gets old when they dont even realise Naruto is only like 95 chapters behind it and is gets so so so so so much older. I have struggled to get through some long series but I made it. I suggested a friend of a friend to read 50 chapters a week for 12 weeks. So 7 chaps a day but you could make that a round 10 to account for new chapters. But the guy didnt wanna do it :(

I watched the first episode of Bakuman (I’ve read it all) and while there was some lols to be had, I dont think Im going to bother following it in the anime. Its not like some action thing where its good to see fights animated. So theres no need to watch it too. Plus I dont think its that great of a series. All this bullsh*t romance crap and not that exciting or different plot twists. I just liked it cos it showed you how WSJ worked but even then a manga about mangaka only really makes sense as a manga.

Here’s something for Nate.

I watched a bit of a show called Sola, and when the main girl of the show had to reveal that she wasn’t human, she put her hand toward the sunlight… resulting in it sparkling.

•  
      CommentAuthorRandomX2
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011 edited

Just finished watching Code Geass, and that was a damn good ending. I don’t know if I’m happy or sad (EDIT: aw, now I’m starting to feel apathetic again…).

Why do you toy with my emotions, Japan? Rather, why can’t western entertainment toy with my emotions as well as Japan can, however temporarily? Argh….

•  
      CommentAuthorSharkonian
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011

Anyone in America remember Outlaw Star on Toonami?

God yes. That show was the fucking shit back in elementary school. Though sadly, it pales in comparison to the other two of the Sci-Fi Western Anime Trinity (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun).

•  
      CommentAuthorSharkonian
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011

I loved those, too. Those are some of the only animes I watch. T~T I like Outlaw Star the best just because of nostalgia but I thought it was good in its own right. I loved Harry MacDougall.

...My brother made me watch Chi’s Sweet Home. It is digustingly cute.

Egads. I have finally bothered to make a list!

1. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    2. Fullmetal Alchemist
    3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    4. Baccano!
    5. Monster
    6. Yu Yu Hakusho
    7. Gankutsuou
    8. Ghost In The Shell: SAC
    9. Paranoia Agent
    10. Death Note

WHERE IS GURREN LAGANN, MARQUIS

I DO NOT SEE IT

I liked it, I just didn’t like as much as these 10 shows.

WHAT.

What indeed.

And what’s your list, Sansa?

A FINE QUESTION

Hmm… that’s actually kinda tough. Anime only, or can I sub in manga in places where print is superior?

Anime only, or a separate list for manga.

Well, that eliminates Eyeshield from contention, since the adaptation was so turrible. Lemme think.

1. Gurren Lagann
    2. Rurouni Kenshin(manga is better)
    3. Cowboy Bebop
    4. Samurai Champloo
    5. FMA:B
    6. Heroman
    7. Monster
    8. Regular FMA
    9. FLCL
    10. Death Note

I probably forgot something awesome and I’ll feel dumb about it, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2011

After 2 or 3 attempts I’m finally getting into Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. Previously, I had only watching Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

While Mobile Suit Gundam Wing‘s animation is nostalgic and brings back a lot of memories, I must admit I prefer the more modern animation of Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Nothing is more satisfying than watching Exia slice through mobile suit after mobile suit. It’s just so smooth.

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011

Read my first manga ever (kinda behind on all this Japanese stuff) about a week ago, Uzumaki by Junji Ito. Freaky but still pretty good. And some of those scenes with the pregnant women (anyone who’s read it will know what I’m talking about) will definitely stick with me.

Today’s the 12th anniversary of Digimon. Can’t believe it’s been that long ago.

@Puppet You’ve seen Gundam Unicorn yet?

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011 edited

The name Gundam Unicorn sounds so silly... What's the unicorn part about? I am not TOO into robot anime but I will watch them. I watched Gurren Lagann and Code Geass. I might watch Gundam. What's the best series of it?

I can believe it's been that long. I haven't checked out any of the new seasons since when I watched it. I think the last one I watched had those special eggs and there was a red t-rex digimon or something who would use the egg to become this awesome electric thing. I dunno... I should so rewatch the entirety of Digimon!

I recently went out and bought my first manga. I usually read it through *ahem* legal means... but this time I thought I'd support my favourite series - One Piece. It's good to read the early stuff again and there are so many amazing quotes. For my fantasy novel idea I really need to learn how to come up with epic little bits of dialogue. Like:

"I'm not the kind of fool who hunts rabbits with a cannon" when this guy was talking about how much of an amateur his opponent was that he could beat them without his main weapon.

and "I'm going to become such a great master swordsman that my name will be known even in heaven"

Though One Piece and anime/manga in general might not be the best example for epic dialogue. I watched Game of Thrones and have been reading the second book and I really liked lines such as "There is only one true god, and his name is death. And what do we say to the god of death? Not Today."

Maybe epic quotes will just come to me when there is a need for them.... hopefully.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011

@Puppet You’ve seen Gundam Unicorn yet?

No. All I’ve seen or heard about it are through those annoying ads they added to the beginning of every episode of Gundam Wing. :|

What’s the unicorn part about?

It has a horn on its head.

Well that was fairly obvious but I thought there'd be more significance/explanation.
    • CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011

sniff So cool!

I love Whistle! That manga actually inspired me to play soccer last year.

• CommentAuthorMegaB
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011

Gintama is absolutely. Damned. Hilarious.

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011 edited

I have finally bothered to finish Skyward Sword (a videogame if you don’t know) and my holidays are sadly pretty free so instead of doing something productive like what I mentioned in the goals thread, I think I will try to finally force myself to watch all the anime I have obtained through illegal magical means ages ago but never watched or randomly stopped halfway through. That was a long sentence. I think I will finish Trigun. Then Cowboy Bebop.

Any suggestions of what to watch after those? Even though I should watch what I have I will magically obtain other things. You can suggest films.

From memory this is what I have watched or read minus what I already mentioned:

One Piece – read/watched
    Naruto – read/watched a decent amount
    Bleach – read/watched a tiny bit
    FMA – watched including film
    FMA:B – read/watched
    Death Note – read/watched a tiny bit
    Fairy Tail – read/watched a tiny bit
    Afro Samurai – watched including film
    Code Geass – watched
    Dragon Ball Kai (sigh why didn’t they redo the Buu saga?) – watched and read the Dragon Ball manga
    Elfen Lied – read
    High School of the Dead – watched
    Ninja Scroll film (can’t find the series sequel) – watched
    Samurai Champloo – watched
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann – watched
    Golden Boy – watched (do not judge me!)
    To Love Ru – read (again do not judge!!)
    Claymore – read about half
    Air Gear – read about half
    Bakuman – read about half
    Toriko – read until it apparently went on hiatus or stopped getting fansubbed
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Howl’s Moving Castle
    Laputa
    Princess Mononoke
    Whisper of the Heart

That’s all I can really remember right now. I started some things but stopped very quickly so they’re not worth mentioning. Also I obviously watched all the classic anime as a kid like Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Beyblades, YuGiOh, etc. But if you think it’s cool to watch them in Japanese and see the seasons I never saw them suggest them.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

And how have you not watched Trigun or Cowboy Bebop yet??? SHAME!

Yes, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. And shame.

I said I started them!! Then randomly stopped for no reason. Ok that’s more shameful. I am in shame :(

ok let me look up this Galactic Heroes thing.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011

Toriko? It’s still ongoing. You can get the latest manga chapters online at 7manga.com.

If you like sports, read Eyeshield 21 (American football) and Whistle! (soccer).

Oh then mangastream gave up on Toriko so I stopped. That’s the same reason why I stopped Bakuman and Beelzebub which I forgot to mention.

I tried Eyeshield 21 but didn’t give it enough of a chance. I am not too into sport, especially grid iron which I find kinda stupid. Very start and stop with people just lining up and running into each other a lot trying to play out strategies. Meh. I don’t mind soccer though.

i am gonna ignore what you said about football and agree with no one to give eyeshield another chance because it goes from kinda silly to good to very good to outright fantastic and you dont really need to understand football to enjoy it

and obviously the lack of bebop is shameful

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2011 edited

Well I’ll put lots of things ahead of it I ever read it. Yeah yeah I’m working on Bebop. Might start it from the beginning. Argh why do they have to waste an episode on a recap in series that are so short? I was considering watching the recap episode in Trigun but I skipped through it and seemed to remember everything. Then I watched the end that had the interesting reveal of what Vash’s body looks like. I hate recap/filler that has some important information in them.

Well I finished Trigun. Was good. First half a little eh but it paved the way to a great second half. Sometimes I wouldn’t really give a shit about the one-off people who were in trouble for an episode and didn’t pay my full attention to what the plot was actually about. But then when it became more about the real story it was awesome.

Now I’ve got the movie and I found out it was a manga first like almost everything but I dunno if I can be stuffed. I almost always prefer original source material cos its the “correct” story as the author intended.

Well that’s Cowboy Bebop done. Was pretty awesome. Animation and action was way better than Trigun’s. Did I miss something or was Faye’s past and the gate incident never really properly explained? The movie was okay but didn’t really add anything to the world or characters. The show kind of reminds me of Firefly but I think Firefly did the whole random group of people on a ship all with secret pasts and stuff thing better.

Now I think I’ll play Arkham City before going on to another anime.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013

Wow, it’s been a long time since anyone posted here.

Finished watching Madoa Magica, and wow. For a show that went some disturbingly dark places, the ending was surprisingly sweet.

If you haven’t seen it, look it up.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

On the subject of anime…

This is what is sounds like to people in the next room.

Why am I getting distinct Monty Python vibes?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013 edited

That reminds me of that song sung by that one Italian singer that’s supposed to sound like English to non-English speakers. And if you aren’t really paying attention, it does almost sound a little bit like English…

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

Google is so good. I’ve found a bunch of old shows and games I forgot the name of by Googling keywords. On that note, I’m off to watch that Italian song! I loved it the first time but didn’t expect to be able to find it via Google.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

This isn’t exactly an anime, but I’m super-excited because the first episode of RWBY just came out, and it’s pretty great.

RWBY’s an animesque web series from Roosterteeth (the Red vs. Blue/Achievement Hunter/various other things guys) created by Monty Oum (the Dead Fantasy/Haloid guy). We don’t really know much yet, but it’s like a modern day plus magic sort of setting, starring four girls (Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang—that’s where the title comes from) at an academy for training fighters. It’s kind of pulled from fairy tales (Ruby is Red Riding Hood, Yang is Goldilocks, etc.) and it’s got a very pretty stylized look, so… yeah. You guys should check it out. :3

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

Looks pretty interesting. I’ll keep my eye on it.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2013

Started rewatching Code Geass. I had forgotten how good this show was, and just how interesting some of the characters are. I feel like I’m catching a lot more of the subtle stuff the second time through, too.

I have a masochistic relationship right now with Monogatari Second Season. I try to figure out why other people like this show, and the characters just don’t flow naturally to me.

So I have to know, am I the only one here watching Kill la Kill?

Kill la Kill spoilers

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014

I started watching Sailor Moon (don’t ask, it’s a long story). I’m a few episodes in, and I really have to ask—does Tuxedo Mask actually ever do anything other than show up once an episode to tell Sailor Moon to believe in herself? Because he looks cool and all, but then I realized how completely useless he’s been so far.