Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010

Please leave birthday alone. :)

Tequila straight is kind of delicious. It has this warm burning feeling going down…

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Most alcohol has that actually.

Vodka doesn’t. Foul stuff. And wine still bothers me. It tastes lovely to start, but the aftertaste is vile.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

The whole burning sensation is the reason I don’t like alcohol. XD And wine’s aftertaste is vile, unless you get a really good wine, but those good wines tend to be the really expensive ones, like the wines they serve at rich people weddings. The only alcoholic beverage I actually enjoyed was a wine I had at a wedding.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Ehh.. I’ve had tastes of different wines, and a bitter Cabernet I’ll enjoy if my granpda is visiting (like right now ^^) but even then just a little. Expensive wine is expensive for a reason..

•  
      CommentAuthorTalisman

I like the sweeter wines, but I can’t stand dry wines. Bleah. It’s not the burn, either; it’s the taste.

I liken really dark beers, like stouts and porters. Chocolate stout is awesome., as are oatmeal stouts. Oddly enough, I like bitter beer but I don’t like other things I eat to be bitter (don’t even drink coffee).

Oh, and pumpkin beer is terrific if it’s made right.

I had a seaweed beer once. I was disappointed that it was neither awesome nor terrible, just…okay.

•  
      CommentAuthorAdamPottle

I only drink straight vodka. It is relatively quick and does the job well, even though it tastes horrible. Worst drink award goes to peach schnapps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I have a few drinks I want to try, namely a martini (doesn’t matter what kind), a screwdriver, and a few others.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I’m not really well-versed on alcohol, but I’ll drink and enjoy pretty much any wine I come across, white moreso than red. Beer… not so much. I enjoy darker beers. My brother-in-law brews terrific beer, and his holiday batches were so goood. In my narrow experience. XP

I only drink straight vodka.

Not so much. D: Except my dad made this cordial with cherries and vodka. I tasted it after he’d let them soak together for a few weeks, and it was like a sleeping potion.

I like vodka mixed with Dr. Pepper, or good old Irish whiskey. Not much of a beer drinker, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited

Martinis and Cosmos are disgusting. I love rum. I approve of screwdrivers, and sloe screws are most excellent. white wine is delicious, and red is good when you’re eating meat, methinks, but I dislike it generally. I love vodka. I spike my stuff with vodka, not beer. Beer’s disgusting. The only mixed drink that’s super-girly/weak/kind of gay that I like are Mojitos. Yummy stuff. I’m making a nice rose wine with my grandpa now. It should be all nice and ready in about three months. That’s enough time to finish off the orange and apple wine we have! Oh, and I have a deep professed love of Irish cream.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalisman

Beer’s disgusting.

Blasphemy! Unless you’re speaking of that pale yellow Miller/Coors/Bud “beer,” in which case I agree with you.

The only mixed drink that’s super-girly/weak/kind of gay that I like are Mohjitos.

Mojitos are delicious. Of course, I love both mint and lime.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

I don’t like beer at all.

I had a tropical one. It was delicious. Mango and pineapple. NOM! Mint and lime is a given! happy sigh my first drink was a moijito. So lovely! In fact, I think I’ll have one now!

My beer-drinking friends and acquaintances(read: all of my friends and acquaintances) have told me that beer is an acquired taste and nobody likes it at first. Myself, I just don’t see the use in it, since I’d rather be totally drunk or totally sober and beer accomplishes neither.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

Blasphemy! Unless you’re speaking of that pale yellow Miller/Coors/Bud “beer,” in which case I agree with you.

Wait, they’re called beer?! Wow, I’ve been calling them piss water all this time.

Myself, I just don’t see the use in it, since I’d rather be totally drunk or totally sober and beer accomplishes neither.

I do actually like it, but yers, it is pointless in using it to get drunk.

•  
      CommentAuthorAdamPottle

Spanman: your cherry/vodka thing tempts. I shall consume in two weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

There’s also blackberry/brandy, but in my opinion the taste just isn’t as nomful.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalisman
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited

Myself, I just don’t see the use in it, since I’d rather be totally drunk or totally sober and beer accomplishes neither.

I have never been totally drunk and have no desire to ever be so. However, a couple of high-alcohol beers (say, 10%) give me a nice buzz, which is all I want from an alcoholic drink. I drink ‘em for the flavor, mostly.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010

Because no one else has said it:

Don’t mix your drinks, and drink a glass of water inbetween.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Why?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Because hangovers are bad.

• CommentAuthorNo One

What, drinking water in between will give you serious hangovers?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

No, the opposite I believe. Mixing drinks is a no no.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

“Stick to beer you’re in the clear; beer then liquor ever sicker”

It’s the exact opposite, according to Mythbusters.^^

• CommentAuthorNo One

Ha-ha, I don’t think I have seen that episode yet.

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited

I saw an episode of Mythbusters about mixing drinks, in which mixing the drinks gave the test subjects less of a hangover than the same amount of alcohol by drinking just beer.

edit: left II in a tab and got beaten by four minutes. XD

Anyway, strawberry daiquiris aren’t very manly but they’re pretty good.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Daiquiris are ossum.

Yeah, I remember once when I was in high school, I was watching a football game with my old man, and he turned to me and said, “Make sure you never mix your drinks.” Of course, I was a law-abiding teenager and that command came with no context or segue whatsoever, so I was totally bewildered. He then went on to explain that mixed drinks caused hangovers, and I filed it away as a post-21 ground rule.

It was good advice, but I never did find out what prompted him to say that.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited

Asked Swenson:

So basically, while alcohol (in moderation) may not have all that many noticeably bad effects on you, it still is bad for you because it’s not something our bodies are designed to digest in the first place?

Exactly.

And the reason why drinking a glass of water in between shots is a good idea is because alcohols dehydrate you; your body uses a lot of water to metabolize alcohol. In addition, consuming large amounts of alcohol results in nausea, which in turn results in vomiting, which in turn results in a lot of lost water. As a result, hangovers are caused primarily due to dehydration. Another common cause is the presence of nonalcoholic toxins present in the drink. In this case, having plenty of water in your system allows your body to more effectively flush these toxins out of your body.

And the moral of this story is: water is good. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

He then went on to explain that mixed drinks caused hangovers, and I filed it away as a post-21 ground rule.

Specifically vomiting hangovers. At least, for me. Sticking to one drink normally results in a “uunnnggghhh” hangover, rather than a close, personal relationship with the toilet the next day.

• CommentAuthorsimian
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Water is good … UNTIL IT DROWNS YOU!

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010

I swear by prairie oysters. They’re disgusting, but work beautifully.