Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Um, so, hi! My name is lookingforme--kinda silly, I know, but it's also my fanfiction penname on fanfiction.com (that was totally NOT a shameless plug for my writing...), and as I am a high school senior, I don't have the brain capacity to remember a ton of usernames and passwords. I actually joined the forums before they were renovated, which was almost a year ago...just call me lazy! I want to be a writer, so the advice here really helps me when I'm blocked, or when I feel like I don't have time to write--besides making me laugh. Really loudly sometimes. I also think that spreading the word is very, VERY important (the word being that Twilight is a misogynistic ball of crap), and I love that I have people who are kind enough to go watch the movies for me, so I don't have to spend the $9 it takes to get into the movie theater, plus the $4.50 for the totally fake, totally wonderful monster popcorn tub.

I should probably mention that I'm RVL's sister...although I'm not sure if that will help my popularity or not...

Oh, and I read this terrible book lately...it's called "Shiver," and I would be more than happy to rant about it...if you post NOW!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited

Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay, because you won’t be leaving. Ever.

Woah. You’re her sister? I think my brain just asploded. Nice to see another writer around here, though. :D

I should probably mention that I’m RVL’s sister…although I’m not sure if that will help my popularity or not…

Shhhh, they mustn’t find out!! And anyway, of course that’ll help your popularity! My God woman, have some trust in your wonderful, gorgeous, talented younger sister. ;) THANK YOU FOR FINALLY JOINING. Even though I knew you were, cos, you know, you’re sitting right next to me… I suppose I shall leave you with my usual hello:
    And no, no you can’t have the dungeons BECAUSE THEY’RE MINE!
    Cheerio!

I’ve mentioned her at least a million times before, Puppet. o.O

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009

My God woman, have some trust in your wonderful, gorgeous, talented younger sister. ;)

Younger sister? I think my brain just asploded, two times.

How old do you think I am? Someone wasn’t paying attention in the sibling thread. tsk tsk

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Er…I dunno, but I’d have guessed you were the older sister in a pair, not the younger. Maybe 20? Apparently not, so my new guess is 16.

Welcome, lookingforme! I approve of your username. Make yourself at home. The North Tower is mine, and thus offlimits. Feel free to build your own tower/battlement/etc. Dungeons are, as RVL said, taken.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I do pay attention, I have a habit of remembering things that aren’t supposed to be remembered. And you never did tell us how old you were…

Welcome, lookingforme! I approve of your username. Make yourself at home. The North Tower is mine, and thus offlimits. Feel free to build your own tower/battlement/etc. Dungeons are, as RVL said, taken.

Are we still doing this? II Flying Castle hasn’t been active for months… In the case that it is I have underneath the floorboards, in the walls and up in the ceiling.

Well, just because it isn’t active, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist anymore…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

What dungeons? I am a liiitttle concerned now...

Anyways, you guys posted back! Good job!!! So, I said I was going to rant about this book, so here it goes: I actually got it as a Christmas present from my Taylor Lautner-obsessed friend. I read the flap thingie and smelled disaster in the making. You see, I had had a similar story idea, but it soon became a way of putting myself to sleep, because it was sooooo crappy and cheesy, it didn't deserve to see the light of paper. If you read my fanfics (SHAMELESS PLUG HERE, and please do review!), you will see that I'm not the most practical of people, and I like my purple prose as much as the next person, but even I had the common sense to let the plot die it's death. Apparently, Maggie Steifvater has less sense than I do.

So, here's the plot--a girl named Grace is obsessed with the wolves in her back yard, even though they attacked her several years ago. She is concerned when one of her classmates, Jack, is supposedly killed by these wolves, and she tries to protect them. There is a shooting party, and one of the wolves, after being shot, drags himself to her door step, and somehow morphs into a sexy John Lennon-type with yellow eyes.

This does not sound familiar at all, does it?

Anyways, she is horrified, cleans up his blood, takes him to the hospital, where the orderly hits on her. In fact, almost every boy in the story so far has hit on her.

Again, this does not sound familiar at all.

So, she takes Lennon (Sam is his name) back to her house, and they have sooo much chemistry that they kiss like almost immediately. This annoyed me intensely--ok, so they had an intense relationship. AS WOLF AND GIRL!!! They don't even know each other, and yet, they start tonsil-hockeying on the couch. Even SMeyer had more development in the Bella/Edward relationship than this little gem.

You know what? I think I will write a fuller review later. Because apparently, a lot of people have posted, and I'm missing all the fun.
    Oh, and I claim the library in said castle!

I think it’s already been claimed… But you can have the second one. ;)

I will have one built just for me, by my millions of love slaves!

Question, how many libraries do we have? I know there’s one in the North Tower (it covers two floors).

Ugh, you romantic and your imaginary Russian insert nationality here boyfriends…

Welcome to the II Asylum, with no mass murderous breakouts in the last 8 2 days.

Well, it only seems fair that while we're still in planning mode for the castle, everyone should have a say--though, to tell the truth, I wouldn't mind sharing a library. But it would have to contain Austen and Tolkien.

Of course it does! We even have the leather-bound special hardcover editions with the gilt inlay on the cover.

She wants those for her birthday.

OH MY GAWD!!!! How did you know that that's what I want for my birthday!!!??? I have been dropping hints since August, when I saw my friend's copy, and my birthday is months away...

Anyways, I approve. I will share if someone else is willing to.

Do we have rooms in this castle? Because I want the tower room, with canopy bed

For future reference, lookingforme, here is the thread about our castle Insane Asylum. Have fun :)

Back off, lookingforme! North Tower is mine. I don’t remember who/what owns the other towers… there’s the South Tower, the East Tower, the West Tower, and a few others.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I own the castle… remember? Rent costs approximately 3/8ths of your Life™.

Forget it--real estate is in dire straits, but I'm sure that there's someone out there who can give me a better deal...

No, it’ll be fine, please, move in

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

You completely misunderstood my post. I’m not charging you anything to stay, you’re wasting away your life staying here, because you won’t be leaving. Ever.

Oh, ok!!!!! Is this like a better version of the Hotel California?

Oh, and I have decided to build a South Tower. So there!

Oh, that makes more sense, Puppet.

Looking, we already have a South Tower, it’s just unoccupied. Feel free to move in :D

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

A vampire badger? Really? It's going to take more to scare me off.

And thank you to everyone for the welcome =) Has anyone read the book I'm talking about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Anyways, let’s not derail lookingforme’s intro thread.

It's cool--but has anyone read the book?

I'm sorry to harp on, but I am doing so for several reasons:
    1) My friend usually has good taste in books
    2) It SO does not remind me of another book =)
    3) It was soooo badly written
    4) IT'S BEING TURNED INTO A TRILOGY, AND POSSIBLY A MOVIE, AND SOMEONE MUST WARN THE WORLD

So it would behoove you to listen, lest I become a Cassandra. Yes, I love Greek myths.

Is listening

Yes, Puppet, no derailing. But just FYI, the vampire badger wasn’t meant to scare you, looking. You’re more than welcome here :)

OK, now that you are listening...what does everyone think of a LotR critique? (The movies--I just don't have time to read the books, and I just watched the movies, and bawled my eyes out during the third one...) PLEASE SAY YES!!! My sister and I went out to the Champs-Elysees tonight, and we spent the entire time mocking the people lining up outside Louis Vitton and planning our AWESOME article.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I’d like to hear your rant about the book. One of my friends was reading it. I was mocking the book because it sounded so unoriginal, although I haven’t read it yet. And she usually has good taste in books.

I think a LotR film critique would be awesome. Although, I am now tempted to kill you and RVL after another reminder of where you live >.<

@ Wise Willow: I am truly sorry, though RVL will rub it in your face more than me, promise!

@ Diamonte: I ranted about it already, but here it is again:

So, I said I was going to rant about this book, so here it goes: I actually got it as a Christmas present from my Taylor Lautner-obsessed friend. I read the flap thingie and smelled disaster in the making. You see, I had had a similar story idea, but it soon became a way of putting myself to sleep, because it was sooooo crappy and cheesy, it didn't deserve to see the light of paper. If you read my fanfics (SHAMELESS PLUG HERE, and please do review!), you will see that I'm not the most practical of people, and I like my purple prose as much as the next person, but even I had the common sense to let the plot die it's death. Apparently, Maggie Steifvater has less sense than I do.

So, here's the plot--a girl named Grace is obsessed with the wolves in her back yard, even though they attacked her several years ago. She is concerned when one of her classmates, Jack, is supposedly killed by these wolves, and she tries to protect them. There is a shooting party, and one of the wolves, after being shot, drags himself to her door step, and somehow morphs into a sexy John Lennon-type with yellow eyes.

This does not sound familiar at all, does it?

Anyways, she is horrified, cleans up his blood, takes him to the hospital, where the orderly hits on her. In fact, almost every boy in the story so far has hit on her.

Again, this does not sound familiar at all.

So, she takes Lennon (Sam is his name) back to her house, and they have sooo much chemistry that they kiss like almost immediately. This annoyed me intensely--ok, so they had an intense relationship. AS WOLF AND GIRL!!! They don't even know each other, and yet, they start tonsil-hockeying on the couch. Even SMeyer had more development in the Bella/Edward relationship than this little gem.

You know what? I think I will write a fuller review later. Because apparently, a lot of people have posted, and I'm missing all the fun.

So, anyways, I think I might write a fuller review--it's been a long time since I've read anything that terrible. And IT TOTALLY DOES NOT REMIND ME OF TWILIGHT!!!!! My dad and I were talking about it, and he thinks the Twilight craze, along with the SMeyer wanna-bes will die out soon. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I've been waiting for it to die out for nearly FOUR FRIGGING YEARS!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I apologize, I totally skimmed over the rant. =) Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Thank you! Does the book not sound terrible?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Welcome. RVL’s sister. You will forever be known as RVL’s sister.

>:D

NOOOOO!!! And that's ironic, considering that I'm RVL's OLDER sister. So I guess I deserve it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I’m the youngest of our clan, sweet revenge is all kinds of awesome. >:D

Hehe, I've never been the youngest...well actually, freshman year, I was the youngest in the school's Wind Ensemble--but that was cool because everyone was really impressed that I'd made it in!

Although, I am now tempted to kill you and RVL after another reminder of where you live >.<

Heheh, gloat gloat gloat
    :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Guys, being the youngest (ish) is totally awesome.

And you being RVL’s sister is blowing my mind. Don’t you know that siblings on the same forums causes the internet to implode? It already happened with Puppet and Sly, and a true disaster was only averted when Sly became much less active.

Anyway! Welcome, you. I am one of the few who does not think that living in the II Flying Castle is worth three eighths of my Life TM so I’m usually hanging about somewhere around in a cottage making cookies and such. If you need an adoptive grandmother, HERE I AM.

•  
      CommentAuthorRed Sky

Hey there! I don’t have a signature greeting yet!

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009

Welcome! And since you appear to already have made yourself at home, please offer me a cookie, or some lemonade, because I don’t have a tower or dungeon or any such thing yet.

But, as a housewarming gift, here is a Get Out of Jail Free card, just in case your sister happens to accidentally lock you in. :)

Guys, being the youngest (ish) is totally awesome.

AMEN!

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Not as good as being the middlest.

Also, wilkommen to le Chateau d’Impish people, RVL’s Older Sister.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Not as good as being the middlest.

What Moldorm said.^^

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Well. I’m not really the youngest or the middlest. Er. What do you call it when you’re the sixth of seven?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

fine, fine, I lied. I’m the second oldest.

>>
    <<

I’m youngest :)

I did not read the entire thread—I will later, really—but for now, allow me to say welcome.

Ominous thunder I am the one who haunts the Nonexistant Level and Wing. I play the organ and grand piano, depending on the situation. When your chains (what keep you here, obviously) rattle at night and you hear a haunting and awesome melody, I am the maker.

I’m not that arrogant usually, I swear. :D Slushy?

• CommentAuthorNo One

No you’re not the youngest, I am.

Hi, I’m liking you already. ^^

Thank you, No One! I will assume that was directed at me.

@ hmyd.windmere--so you're kind of like a less angsty Phantom of the Opera? Also, I love Lady Windmere's Fan!! Great play--though Importance of Being Earnest is slightly better, and funnier. But where does the hmyd part come from?
    Also...does the slushy come with a chocolate chip cookie?? Because then I'm all set!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009

No you’re not the youngest, I am.

We’re talking about age in family, not age on II.

Like I said, I've only ever been the youngest in my freshmen orchestra. Although, I am still the least mature of all my friends--I chase fireflies and the like. Hehe. So people sometimes when they first meet me don't take me seriously, and treat me like a little kid, which is sometimes fun. Oh, and for some reason, people really love to dress me up--probably because my idea of "high fashion" are sweats and my sneakers. If I had my way, I would wear my pajamas all the time, with a sweatshirt if it got cold. My pajamas, by the way, have cats on them, and come with a matching head band. : )

Sorry. I don't want to work, so I'm stalling...Anyways, it is very nice meeting you all. Though I've heard a lot about all of you already...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I’ve decided that my family rank may be referred to as Sixthest.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

Welcome to this forum, lookingforme!

• CommentAuthorNo One

@ Puppet: I AM the youngest in my family as well!!! ><

What did you hear about us?

Hehehe, I was hoping someone would ask!!!
    Don't worry, it was mostly good stuff--and actually, when I would be too brain dead to work, I would read the forum stuff, though I was too lazy before now to apply for membership...

@Spanman: The sixthest? Wow, that must be fun! Or horrible, depending on your relationship with your siblings...

Well, off I go to study Bio. Ewwww.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

In fact, it’s totally awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

So many other people with similar interests to talk to/do things with/take advantage of…

@ lookingforme – Yes. I wish.

I love both Lady Windmere’s Fan and The Importance of Being Earnest, although I don’t know which one I’d say is the better. I’d need to reread The Importance of Being Earnest to judge. And yes. hands cookie

Well, after reading more posts, I look forward to your contributions.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010

Hi, lookingforme! I’m late here… but in my defense, I just got back after being away for eight days…

So yeah. I’m Swen. Welcome and all that.

Welcome. I’m extremely late.

Hay thar, RVL’s sister. I am sorry I am late, but heroes are never allowed to show up on time.

Hello, lookingforme! Nice to know that we’re roping member’s family to join as well.

This is all part of the plan.

Thank you! Anyways, ummm...Read any good books lately?

YES!

Allow me to recommend: Neverwhere, Good Omens, The Bell Jar, and Fight Club. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

RVL’s sister huh..

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I thought it was an iffy idea from the beginning. And I quote:

Don’t you know that siblings on the same forums causes the internet to implode?

So that’s where that black hole in the North Tower of the asylum came from.

RVL’s sister huh..

Everyone’s recruiting now. First Willow’s roommate, now RVL’s sister.

siblings on the same forums causes the internet to implode?

What about Sly and Puppet? The Internet has yet to implode.

What about Sly and Puppet?

Hence the black hole in the North Tower of the asylum. We better get some maintenence on that or else the whole flying castle will be swallowed up.

But that black hole is so useful! I’ve been using it for time travel.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010 edited

Guys, why else do you think Sly’s hardly active on the forum anymore? He’s sparing us a great tragedy.

EDIT: Plus, that black hole is really wonky and unpredictable. I don’t recommend trying it for anything unless you’re interested in losing several brain cells and a limb or two in the process.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

So that’s what happened to Willow…

HEY! The bionic replacements are really advanced, not to mention cool.

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010 edited

Welcome to II (again)! I’m ZeeZee.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I’ve had sneaking suspicions that Willow was a Borg ever since…

Run away.

How do you know she’s one of the Borg? She could easily be a Cyberman.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

HEY! The bionic replacements are really advanced, not to mention cool.

Do they come with a “TURN OFF” button?

...no, of course not. It’d be really inconvenient if any idiot could switch them off, now wouldn’t it?

And I’m not a borg, per se, it’s just that after my trip to Tudor England, the damn black hole stole my left hand. I replaced it as best I could.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Ooo! Ooo! Do you keep your hand in a bubbly glass container to freak out random British girls who travel in time with you?

Um, no, because the black hole took it. I’m hoping that I’ll eventually find it in there someday, in which case I’ll hop right back in, time travel to the future, get it reattached, and come back.

Uh, that wasn’t a black hole. That was the Gate.

Sly and Puppet can’t come in contact with one another here, because it counts as the same object being in the same place at the same time, which we all know is against the rules in Time Cop.

Or they got separated by the Gate and Sly is now in pre-WWII Germany.

waits to see who gets that reference

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

Sounds like FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa.

Hi there, lookingforme :) You’re a lot more hyper than RVL... I believe I’ve heard of you on ff.net. I might even have faved one of your stories, but I“m not sure. Welcome!

You’re a lot more hyper than RVL...

YES, YES SHE IS. And a lot less mature too, but that’s a good thing; if she wasn’t, I’d probably never smile. ;)

@ Steph--have you really heard of me on fanfiction? That is so cool!! What's your pen name? If you don't want to tell me, I understand, but I would love to read some of your work!! Actually, (and this applies to anyone), would you like to read my new story? It's called "Learning," and I've only gotten five reviews, and only two from people I don't know...it's under "Lord of the Rings," and choose Eowyn and Faramir as the two characters...Wait, let me just get the link...OK, here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5640028/1/Learning. I will not claim that it is a great work of art--I know the plot's rather obvious, but I wanted to point out that even Faramir isn't always as perceptive as we would like him to be. And yes, it is fluff. I needed a way to break from the studying. But please do read and review!!

Actually, I checked my traffic stats, and a lot of people read my work, and then didn't review. That makes me sad =( But if you're not into cutesy stories, I totally get it.

Sorry if I'm rambling. And sorry if I'm breaking up the discussion you guys were having. I would contribute, but Marquis, je n'ai pas compris! (I have no idea what you're referring to!) And I am strangely hyper for someone who has a LOT of studying to do for semester exams. Wish me luck (and please read and review my story?)

Aw, a Faramir+Eowyn fanfic! The first real story I ever actually wrote (never got finished, actually) was an LotR fanfic about Faramir, Eowyn’s daughter and Aragorn and Arwen’s son. It was extremely bad and unfaithful to canon, but still, I like to think that I’ve come a long way.

It actually sounds like a pretty probable story, considering that this would join Ithilien and Gondor even closer--although they are technically part of the same kingdom. The problem is, Eowyn and Faramir only had a son, I believe--but I like the idea of them having a girl too. I don't kn ow why, it just seems to fit. Do you still write fanfic? I'm always looking for good fanfic, to help me procrastinate--you would think that four years in high school would teach me this skill, but I have a very unfortunate work ethic. As in, I spend all my time studying. It is very sad. But, I must get better at procrastinating before I go off to college, so any good books/fanfics/movie recommendations would be much appreciated!

Nope, no more fanfic for me. I might stage a return, now that I know enough about writing not to totally rape the series I’m fanfic-ing…I had an idea about a Twilight one (which would really be more of a hate-fic) described on the Twilight thread, but I’m really trying to get some work done with my original stuff, considering I have so little time to write as it is, and I end up wasting most of it on the internet. XP

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010

and I end up wasting most of it on the internet.

That darned internet. How much of our lives must it consume?!