Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSilivren
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

So, for a long time I have been interested in writing creative fiction, and a few years back I created many characters in a vampire/were-creature setting. I was mainly inspired by Laurell K. Hamilton (NOT Stephanie Meyer... just to clear that up because I've been accused of that before.) However, lately I realized that I would like to take a serious approach to it, and take it away from Laurell K. Hamilton's verse. So here is my re-vamped (pun) vampire-ness:

My Vampires:
    -Their true form is their dead/decaying (the decaying is only that from the 3 days before resurrection) corpse. Mind powers allow them to project an image/scent of their former selves (Vampires with stronger mental abilities can even tweak their appearance). As vampires grow in years (they don't physically age), the deadness begins to show through, thus inducing milky eyes, pale skin, hardened/darkened fingernails etc., They have heightened strength/speed, they need to drink blood in order to survive. If they go too long without blood, they're mental abilities suffer and their image/scent projection wavers. They also have quick healing abilities.
    -Any mortal object can kill them for a period of 3 days, when they will become resurrected again if not disposed of properly. In order to properly kill them one must cut out their heart and cut off their head. The head and heart must be buried on consecrated ground, then the body must be burned.
    -Holy water rips a permanent hole in their magical aura-ness, thus the decaying/dead of their actual form permanently shows through, and it causes PAIN. Crosses have a similar effect. They cause pain, and when thrust into the flesh, also cause a permanent hole.
    -Their fangs can be retracted to a normal length, and extended when they are ready to bite.

The basic overview of the story is this:
    -Supernatural (just vampires and were-creatures for this story) beings have never had any formal government, but as their numbers are increasing it becomes necessary to establish one. There are two different parties in major contention for leadership. Basically good vs. bad. Good supernatural creepies want to protect/maintain the human race which they have sympathy for (because of their weaknesses), stop the spread of vampirism/lycanthropy, and exist peacefully. The "bad" supernatural creepies feel that they are far superior to humans, and that they have the capability to take over everywhere. They believe that supernaturals should continue to grow in numbers, and rule, and that humans are just weak and in the way.

I have it a little further developed, but the bell's about to ring at school, so I'll leave it there and post more later. Please give me constructive feedback. Whatever your opinions are, I want them. Feel free to be brutal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSilivren
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

Gr, posted this in the wrong place, sorry =/

If you want to delete this thread, just whisper it to yourself. :)