Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

Does anybody else here miss the articles on the main site? The forums are nice but personally I would rather have articles on the main site then just the forums. There have been a lot of commenter’s on the main site who have wanted new articles bashing Inheritance, Twilight and just about writing. It would be nice if we took some of the discussion from the forums and put it into a article. I’m already working on one… but it would be nice to have more.

That’s actually a very good idea, Puppet! What are you working on now? I’m not completely sure how one could turn a discussion into an article; could you clarify?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Sounds all right but personally I’m not much of a one for writing articles.

Well I agree but…

Didn’t we have an article on the main site that’s disappeared?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Yes, Kyllorac’s When to Accept Criticism.

Anyone know where it went?

^^I wanted to know that too.

And I’ve been wanting to write an article, but I can’t think of anything to write about. I too miss the articles. =(

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited

That’s actually a very good idea, Puppet! What are you working on now?

I’m working on a overview of the HP vs. Twilight debate.

I’m not completely sure how one could turn a discussion into an article; could you clarify?

I was mostly referring to the writing threads… There are a lot of interesting writing articles that could be made, you could just use some parts from the writing threads, or just use them as ideas for articles.

However, I wouldn’t be opposed to writing a review of New Moon on Friday after I go see it. If that’s okay.

I don’t think we’re (We as in Imps in MN) going to New Moon, so we’re counting on you, grandma!

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Spanny, if you want to collaborate on the article or something, let me know, since I’m going to New Moon also.

The name’s Spanman.

I just quoted from the future right there.

I agree. I almost….ALMOST submitted my stupid “love” letter for the main site but decided against it. Someone needs to write something worth posting…

I think it part of the reason for the lack of articles is because sporkings are now on the forms rather than the main site.

I miss the action on the main site too, no doubt about it.

I wrote an article on Finishing First Drafts and sent it to Sly for approval, but nothing ever happened. I assume that he’s been as busy as the rest of us. I can resend it if you want.

Yes, try resending it. I think it took a few tries to get my article up, too. If memory serves me, it got lost/jumbled/accidentally misplaced because Sly and Co were in the middle a a big overhaul/just plain busy. I’m sure if you try again it will work!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Hmm, now might not be the best time because Sly’s got H1N1, but its nice to see some people are writing articles. :D

I’d write one, but I’m both lazy and have nothing article-worthy to say.

Oh, poor Sly! I’ll wait til he’s better to bombard him with any articles I may decide to write. :D

Hmm, now might not be the best time because Sly’s got H1N1, but its nice to see some people are writing articles. :D

Wait… you serious? You’re not exaggerating and it’s just a regular flu right?

(because if so, we’re going to make you keep us constantly updated and we’ll have to get a site-wide get well card to him)

Get better soon, Sly! We need you here!

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited

I might try to pick up my Twilight series again over thanksgiving or christmas break. With school going on, I’ve had almost no time for this site. It makes me sad.

Edit Gah, Poor Sly! Hope he gets better soon.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009

I don’t think we’re (We as in Imps in MN) going to New Moon, so we’re counting on you, grandma!

Aw thanks, sweetheart.

Spanny, if you want to collaborate on the article or something, let me know, since I’m going to New Moon also.

That would be most welcome. I’m not very good at being funny so any help would be greaty appreciated. :D

P.S. The name’s Spanman.

P.S. The name’s Spanman.

See, I went back in time after I read this and quoted it.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009

Man, sansafro, I never knew you were a time-traveler.

I salute you.

But my name’s still Spanman.

Let the record show I never shortened your name for any reason.

At any rate, all time-traveling aside, I have to sub tomorrow, so I might have time to give an article a go if the gatdam kids aren’t acting up. No promises, though.

An article about time traveling, I hope. I do envy that particular super power.

That would be quite useful. I would very much enjoy some tips on time travel (for example, never stop your own birth, perhaps?).

Lol, well, I’ve got that article on children idea thing floating around in the general II consciousness.

PS. hmyd.windmere? I’ve gotcha covered

I’ll look over that rough drafts article over Thanksgiving Break, k?

Hrm, so I got a decent chunk done today, mostly trying to expand upon/elucidate some of my longer comments on the boards. Is there any sort of word count I should be shooting for?

Steph, you’re awesome. Thanks.

Huh. I still haven’t said that I agreed. I used to check the main site for new articles all the time, and now I don’t check it as much. My mentality has become “Well, someone on the forum will mention the new article and then I’ll know about it.”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009 edited

There have been two new drawings from Kitty… Not really articles, but there’s something. :P

Yeah, every 40 days or so, I end up with an ‘I really should check the main site’... hang on, moving an idea to the feedback thread. Chime in if you like.

Hrm, so I got a decent chunk done today, mostly trying to expand upon/elucidate some of my longer comments on the boards. Is there any sort of word count I should be shooting for?

Nobody’s going to go back and look at them, you know.

Let me say that when I saw the new drawings, my thoughts were like this: There will probably be no new articles—hey, a new—whoa, whoa. It’s a Kitty contribution. Drawings! YAY.

Nobody’s going to go back and look at them, you know.

I know, I just wanted to sound less productive. I have a self-image to maintain.