Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalling
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009

The last article writer hold out from Anti-Shurtugal, Warthorde/ Thor Axegrinder has packed it in. After Anti-Shurtugal's domain name was let run out, it's forum Dog Eared got attached to Axegrinder's on website Stuffed Head. The articles that Axegrinder wrote also migrated there. But now that too is deleted, leaving the forum free floating. It truly is a passing of an era. I feel rather sad about it, but I guess it was inevitable given the lack of activity in the community.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

Long live Anti-Shurtugal.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling

I just wish I had the presence of mind to copy some of the old articles. I did copy the Epistles fortunately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

The livejournal group is flourishing, on the other hand.

The articles are gone? Wow.

Anti-Shurtugal lived well. It/they taught me much and provided me with entertainment and good points for writing.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Lenny’s keepin’ the board going.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Oh, Smalien, how I love thee.

I used to check anti-shurtugal every week for updates…..

...it was like a brother to me… ;__;

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

Thor was the last of a great line… I wouldn’t have find II if it wasn’t for them.

:-(

The DE forms are the last direct desendant of AS.

Can Sly get the articles from AS?[

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

Dog-Eared forums are shutting down too, according to an e-mail I got on Sunday.

They’ll be gone on the 22nd. They were such a great resource – tomorrow I think I’ll have to go through and pull some info off of there before all that wealth of knowledge is lost.

Wow. I was never really with AS, but I’d love to see more of what they (you) all got up to.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling

As Jeni mentioned the forum will remain open because Lenny stepped up when Warthorde stepped down. However, it will be an orphaned forum, cut off from the wider internet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni

However, it will be an orphaned forum, cut off from the wider internet.

It was like that as soon as AS went down.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Like the old forums? (Uru’baen or whatever they were called) How long do y’all think it’ll last on its own?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Eh, unless Lenny actually does something with it… I don’t know, honestly. The members there aren’t the most active (lawl, point of fact, this includes me).

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

Sad day. As soon as I heard A-S’s domain name was only registered for two years I’ve dreaded the day when it would expire. I’ll see if I can’t recover some of the lost content, but I have some other things on my plate currently (Read: New Moon). ImpishIdea, if it’s any comfort, is registered for four more years, because I went ahead and bought five years.

I never posted on AS, but I checked it religiously.

I checked STuffed Head religiously, too. It is gone? That makes me sad. :(

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Yay! ImpishIdea will never die!

...for four more years, anyway. If you want it to last longer after that, I can send you my fifty cents to help…

How much does that cost, anyway?

your soul

your face.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

One arm and one leg, preferably from your firstborn child.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

Actually, checking through some of my folders, I actually have some of their earliest essays (from that hard-on-the-eyes black background website).

However, it will be an orphaned forum, cut off from the wider internet.

It was like that as soon as AS went down.

True, it just felt a little better that it was attached to a website however obscure.