Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I never understood Breaking Dawn‘s cover…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009

During the HP vs. Twilight Debate Team Twilight explained them…

Twilight was supposed to be the fruit of temptation…
    New Moon’s flower represents her ‘rebirth’...
    Eclipse’s tearing cloth represents how Bella is torn between Jacob and Edward…
    And Breaking Dawn was something about how Bella got turned into a vampire… and turned into the queen on the chess board… or something like that. xP

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

So, by following that analogy, up until then she’d just been Edward’s pawn?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Mmmmyup, that’s how I understood it…

So I think the cover meant she had traveled across the board and turned into a beautiful sparkling Meyerpire Queen.

Um, um. What do you think of the Series of Unfortunate Events titles? The Miserable Mill, The Austere Academy ,and such? That weird space wasn’t intentional.

I was going to mention the a nice title, but I can’t remember it anymore.

I like them. I love A Series of Unfortunate Events. =)

They sound, erm, unfortunate.

^^They are awesome! Read them. Read them now.

Anyway, I like that the Catcher in the Rye title is completely based on the main character’s misinterpretation of a song.

I’m bumpan this thread, since it is a good idea.

I would also extend it to chapter titles, if you brook that sort of nonsense. I do, and it is hard. My first chapter is now titled “Terminal Inertia,” but I’m not all that pleased with it. For one, it’s probably too scientific-sounding for the setting, and for two, it could just as easily be read as “moving too fast to stop” which is the exact opposite of what I want it to.

I’ve got a chip-shot for chapter two though, which will probably be the earth-shattering cliche of “The Man in Black.”

I’m not even worried about chapter titles because I can’t get anything for the chapters themselves. Are the titles you’re discussing for your samurai wip? If so, ‘Terminal Inertia’ is definitely not the right tone.

I’m not even worried about chapter titles because I can’t get anything for the chapters themselves.

Probably a good idea. I didn’t even bother the first time through.

Are the titles you’re discussing for your samurai wip? If so, ‘Terminal Inertia’ is definitely not the right tone.

Yeah, it is bad and I should change it.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010

I don’t use chapter titles, because they’re not really right for the kind of writing I do; there again, I rarely use chapters either, so their titles are irrelevant. And I just used the three there/their/they’re variants correctly in a sentence. I am on a horse.

And I just used the three there/their/they’re variants correctly in a sentence.

What’s sad is that this is legitimate grounds for bragging these days.

I don’t use chapters as much as PoV shifts.

I use chapter titles if i can come up with good, consistent titles
    Otherwise… Chapter One, Two, Three…

Terry Pratchett doesn’t use chapters. I always thought it would be interesting to write that way, or read something that way, until I saw something like that, and it’s like, no. It’s too exhausting to read.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

I don’t use chapters as much as PoV shifts.

The way George R. R. Martin does it is just name the chapters “Jamie”, “Jon”, “Arya”, etc.

I don’t name my chapters, the “Chapter I, Chapter II, Chapter III” suits me just fine.

Well, the chapter names I have right now that I like are, in no particular order:

Sinners and Swordsaints
    White Lightning
    Outlaw Star
    Another Blind Swordsman on the Road
    Susano’s Thunder
    Pictures of the Floating World
    On the Verge
    The Sound of One Hand Clapping
    Ken ga Omoi
    Reflections in Falling Water

Ones I’m still considering:
    The Slaughterhouse Blues(It sounds like it should be a reference to something, but I just think it sounds cool)
    No Dice(If I work more about gambling in)
    Flashdance(It’s probably too fruity to use, regardless of how appropriate it is)

Yeah… I still have quite a ways to go X(

Flashdance

Uh…no.

But I do like ‘Pictures of the Floating World’ and ‘Reflections in Falling Water’.

Also, ‘Outlaw Star’ doesn’t seem to fit your samurai theme- makes me think of the Wild West for some reason.

I do want to make it feel a little more Westernish.

In that case, never mind.

I’m not very good at chapter titles. When I do come up with them, they’re either in the style of Diana Wynne Jones (“In Which There is [Something]) or something vague.

It’s been said before, but I like the Percy Jackson chapter titles. So sometimes that works.

Outlaw Star’s an animé, right? And what’s a swordsaint?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

I quite like the chapter titles from really old (or old-style) books:

Chapter VII: In Which Our Hero, Having Bested The Rogue, Finds Himself Lost In The Woods.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010 edited

Yeah, Outlaw Star is an anime. I’ve never actually seen it, but I think it has a cool title, and it fits the chapter in question.

A swordsaint is pretty much a fancy title for an especially leet swordsman.

Oh, also I’m also gonna use “The Magnificent Three.” Even though, as a relatively obscure Futurama reference, it would be wildly out of place if you know its origin, it’s a personal in-joke I can’t pass up. Also it makes its own sense in context of the chapter.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010

I had to come up with titles for chapter within 5 mins, and some of them were:

Blind to Beauty
    In the Summer Rain
    Back to Back
    Red Mist

and more lame titles…

Don’t ask what stories they were for. DX

Chapter 3 is now Dividing Wind, which is a really lazy title.

Resurrecting this thread to pat myself on the back.

Have 30/33 chapter titles. The only ones missing so far are the first and last, which I’m sort’ve at a loss for at the moment, but I’d like them to be related, and the new 8, which is mostly going to be new content I have yet to write inserted between the old 7 and 8, so I don’t know what all’s gonna be in it yet to name it good. Anyway, here they are:

02. The Man in Black
    03. Dividing Wind
    04. Rest for the Wicked
    05. Heaven and Earth
    06. Chanbara
    07. Crapshoot
    09. White Lightning
    10. Sinners and Swordsaints
    11. Street Royalty
    12. Seeing Red Blues
    13. Outlaw Star
    14. Great Predators of Greater Yamato
    15. Blade Borrower
    16. It’s Always Darkest
    17. Reflections in Falling Water
    18. Hard Knocks
    19. The Sound of One Hand Clapping
    20. Food Chain
    21. Words With Friends
    22. Shadows and Dust
    23. The Hard Goodbye
    24. Cicadasong
    25. Honeymoon
    26. Cloudburst
    27. End of the Road
    28. Pictures of the Floating World
    29. Sibling Rivalry
    30. Susano’s Thunder
    31. On the Verge
    32. Blood For Blood

Anybody who reads this post, feel free to point out any that sound stupid or silly or don’t make sense.

Ch6 may be renamed “Swordfight”(which is a translation of chanbara), I guess it depends on whether people I have test-reading it are bothered by not knowing what it means. 20 might switch to The Magnificent Three, if only so I can make a silly reference. 29 is potentially spoileriffic, so I don’t know that I’m keeping it, and it’s not terribly clever even besides.

Besides that, not totally sold on 21-23, 25, or 27.

6. I don’t know, I like Chanbara better than ‘Swordfight’ even if I didn’t know what it meant

20. Yes, I like The Magnificent Three better, though I don’t know what reference you want to make

29. That one you could probably change

21. is okay, I guess. I’m just neutral about it.

22. I like.

23. is potentially spoileriffic.

25. By Honeymoon do you mean that someone’s getting married and now it’s their honeymoon, or just that the moon is a particularly golden color tonight? (This confusion came up because of titles like Cicadasong and Cloudburst.)

27. sounds like it should be near to the last chapter, not in a place where there’s still story to get through.

Thanks, SWQ.

I’m glad you like Chanbara :x

The Magnificent Three is a relatively obscure reference to Futurama(it’s the name of the movie that Zoidberg and his uncle Harold convince Calculon to make with them, and is beyond terrible). It doesn’t really have anything to do with the chapter except having 3 guys slaughter ninjas effortlessly (or rather, 2 villains slaughter ninjas while the male lead just tries to survive).

I should say that the centerpiece of 21 is not actually a friendly conversation, but the female lead and another woman taking shots at each other under the veil of politeness. It still kinda sucks though as a title. 25 is likewise supposed to be an ironic title, since

27 is supposed to sound vaguely final, since it concludes the traveling portion of the book and kicks off the last act, all of which takes place in a single city.

23 is starting to grow on me, though. It is potentially spoileriffic, but said spoilerifficity could actually help make a fake-out at the chapter midpoint work better than it does.

Yeah, it helps to see why certain chapter titles are named how they are. In that case, keep ‘Honeymoon’ and ‘End of the Road’. Maybe ‘Words with Friends’ could be changed to ‘The Friendly Words’ or something?

I also like Chanbara.

I like The Magnificent Three. Obscure references are always fun. Just imagine the future Wikipedia page: “The chapter ‘The Magnificent Three’ is actually a reference to Futurama.”

I think that Honeymoon is really good for the chapter after you explained what it was about.

I like SWQ’s suggestion for “The Friendly Words,” thought I’m not sure if I like it better or the same as “Words with Friends.”

Maybe if you said what the first and last chapters are about, we could suggest titles.

Oh, and I really like the title “Reflections in Falling Water.”

Chanbara it is, then.

Oh, and I really like the title “Reflections in Falling Water.”

Hurrah, it’s probably my favorite title and my favorite chapter, and the title just happens to be wildly appropriate.

The first and last chapters are pretty parallel in terms of events, now that I look. In the first scene the female lead is hanging around on a castle balcony when the male lead shows up, and in the last scene she’s hanging around on the balcony of a different castle as he leaves(she jumps down to talk to him in the latter scene, though). I just haven’t thought of anything catchy that flips into something similarly catchy yet.

Yeah, if they are similar, they should sort of have similar/parallel titles.

the title just happens to be wildly appropriate.

That sounds extremely interesting then…

That sounds extremely interesting then…

It’s basically the leads sitting in a little cave behind a waterfall and talking after a near-death experience.

Anyway, I showed my cousin these(he was my first beta reader), and he jokingly suggested I name a chapter RETRIBUTION: Manifest of the Soul’s Lament. I’m not going to use that because it’s profoundly stupid/pretentious-sounding, but I laughed too hard not to include it somewhere. I decided instead to use it as the title of a currently running stage play none of the characters are interested in seeing.

RETRIBUTION: Manifest of the Soul’s Lament

Niiiice.

@sansafro187

It’s basically the leads sitting in a little cave behind a waterfall and talking after a near-death experience.

There’s just one problem: waterfalls don’t reflect.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010

Fortunately, the two leads are probably sufficiently reflective that the chapter name still makes sense. Binary opposition is also a nice, memorable poetic device for use in a title, especially when, as here, it directly references the events of the chapter in such a way that it can be completely understood by the reader only after the chapter is read.

Fortunately, the two leads are probably sufficiently reflective that the chapter name still makes sense.

Yeah, but they aren’t in the falling water.

“Reflections Behind Falling Water” doesn’t sound as cool though, and sounding cool is a key goal.

Yeah, but they aren’t in the falling water.

Maybe they run through it at one point. It could spray them.

“Reflections Behind Falling Water” doesn’t sound as cool though, and sounding cool is a key goal.

True, true.

Probably gonna change “Words With Friends” to “Civil Conversation” or something similar I think. Also “Sibling Rivalry” to “Family Reunion” since it actually manages to be less spoileriffic and more accurate to the chapter content at the same time.

• CommentAuthorDeborah
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011 edited

Here are my book titles, with a few short story ones as well:
    (this is the series in one world)
    The Black Galloper
    Elwen
    Thiswold Thyster
    The Jewel of the Northlands
    A Path Less Traveled
    Nimdor
    Sunset Sky
    The Outcasts
    I haven’t decided on all the short story titles yet, but here are some of them:

A Defiance of Flame
    Aldan and Sara
    Thardwel and Halla
    The Great Race
    The Blue Riders
    Taming Black Ghost
    A Heart for Any Fate
    The Battle of the Ford
    The Falcon Rises

And these are the other series titles:
    The Broken-Fingered Magician
    Terreha
    Wielder of the Twisted Sword
    Fire-bright
    Like a Firebird.

Holy crap, that’s a lot.

I have a grand total of one (1) story I’m working on intermittently. Title is tentatively ‘Manifestation’ but I’m worried that it sounds lame.

• CommentAuthorDeborah
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011

‘Elwen’ and ‘Thiswold Thyster’ are the only ones I’m working one right now. The only other ones already written are ‘The Black Galloper’, ‘The Great Race’ and ‘The Battle of the Ford’.

•  
      CommentAuthorThea

At least you have a lot to work with :) And I very much like ‘Thiswold Thyster’: it’s a great sound and just plain cool looking.

I still have no title for my … thing. I mean, I’ve got nothing.

• CommentAuthorDeborah

Thanks. Its the name of the charismatic, revenge-obessesed, and altogether compelling villain. He kind of carries the story, so I thought it was appropriate that his name be the title.
    You could try listening to songs, or reading poetry. I’ve found some titles that way. Victors in the Midst of Strife is from the hymn “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee”. A Company of Angels is from a Christmas song. Fire-bright is from a Switchfoot song, and “A Heart for Any Fate” is from Longfellow’s “A Psalm of Life”. When in doubt, I fall back on a character name.

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011

When I can’t think of a title for my short stories, I plug the story into wordle.net , you know, the pretty word-cloud generator. You can usually come up with some interesting titles from the words that come up.

Argh, I’m not very good at titles. XD;

I do have (in some cases tentative) titles for the three stories currently on my mind, though (and which I really should work on…):
    Dragon Candle (originally No More Dragons before I decided to change it; it’ll probably get changed again by the time I finally finish it)
    Nameless (both because I couldn’t think of a title for the story, and because the main character has no name)
    The Firecat’s Charge (old short story that I’m thinking of reviving and revamping to a more comic-ish thing…which, considering how my comics go, means I will probably never finish it even if I do start it)

Titles? who needs em?

For serious, though, I’m bollocks at coming up with titles. My doc titles are just very obvious so I can find them, but I never have a title for the story itself. I can only title something after I finish it, though, because I’m not sure where it’s going to go until the end. The current work in progress was originally titled Shoes because it involved a kid getting shoes for his dying mum (I was trying to re-write the Christmas Shoes story because I thought I could do better), but since then it has spiralled out of control and I’m on my third draft that has no title at all and has nothing to do with shoes.

I used to title everything, though. Like, when I was 12, I had a book called The Dragon Epic which was part of the Black Fox Trilogy. (which was the same book that had a character named Veil Dathe. Yes, it’s as bad as it sounds. Other titles from when I was young include ‘The Story of Shantais”, “Animalopolous’ and “One Hundred Kings” (honestly, I still kinda like the last one, but have no way to use it).

But I seldom title anything and I guess that’s a problem. I don’t title chapters, either.

•  
      CommentAuthorNinjaCat
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011

I feel like I’m getting into this a little bit late, but I’m always late, so…

I don’t have many good titles. Right now I have Bits and Pieces, which is going to be a story about this one day in my life that happened in 2008 (In which I had to clean bits, and my heart got torn to pieces); Give Me A Sign, a backstory of the future of another backstory; and I have a couple horse stories named Charismatic and Hooves of Fire (Just made that up, actually.)

I’m really proud of the titles I came up with for this one series though They all fit together, in a way, but the 1 and 4 have the same Main Characters, and 2 and 3 have different ones (though the setting doesn’t change and I think the time overlaps):
    Fire and Water (Because one of the characters can control fire, one is named Rainfall, and it rains a lot.)
    Past Reference (In which the new main characters free something from the past)
    Present Failures (The main characters come up with a play to defeat the antagonist, but it fails. Epically.)
    Shadows of Yesterday (The old main characters learn a crucial part about their past, and one of the main characters can control Shadows.)

They don’t sound as cool now, but oh well. They make more sense with the whole plot.

I like titles with themes, or ones that at least pertain to the book somehow. I also don’t like books where the main characters name is the title. Not doin’ it.

I think Fire and Water is a LOST episode, not that you can’t use the name, too. Your chapters and stories sound interesting.

So far I haven’t attempted to come up with any cool chapter names and I dunno if I want to. Mine are very straight forward and often start with “The” “A” or “An” with a few single word titles. Most of them are more placeholders though basically reminding me what each chapter is about. And the story has evolved from before so there might need to be some new or changed chapters. They’re things like “The End” and “A New King” and “War”.

As a joke a friend and I came up with an idea for some titles of a novel series. It shall be called “The Novel Series” with each book being called “Book 1”, “Book 2” etc. I really want to write it eventually but I dunno what it would actually be about. Either about a struggling writer like the TV show Bored to Death, or something about a fictional character realising he is fictional and tries to fight the author’s plan but I don’t know how that’ll make sense…

Yes, it’s as bad as it sounds. Other titles from when I was young include ‘The Story of Shantais”, “Animalopolous’ and “One Hundred Kings” (honestly, I still kinda like the last one, but have no way to use it).

I like One Hundred Kings, too. Find a use for it!

A few of my short story titles are

The Girl in the Silver Mask (yeah, I didn’t rip off Willow at all. o.O)
    Touch
    Life’s Like That
    Distraction
    That Kind of Day

As for the longer ones, most of which are still in the planning/draft stage:

Don’t Try This At Home
    All Anybody Ever Thinks About (I need to change this one: I like it, but it could be very easily recalled by a reader as something else)
    Done Running

Repost, but I’m thinking about calling my big ol’ WIP ‘Manifestations’. Too long and/or pretentious?

I’m also batting around a short story idea for my lit magazine with a title ‘Dream is Collapsing’. I know, it’s like the Hans Zimmer song from Inception, but the imagery was very influenced by the movie and music. Also, it’s actually relevant to the story (Steph knows the one I’m talking about).

And like I said to you then (you have to reply to that email, sometime, PLEASE!!), it’s a perfect title and you can’t copyright a song title, so there’s no issue there.

As for your WIP, I can’t comment since I haven’t read most of it.

(you have to reply to that email, sometime, PLEASE!!)

Wait, I never replied? I am so very sorry. I probably just saved it somewhere and forgot to reply back.

As a joke a friend and I came up with an idea for some titles of a novel series. It shall be called “The Novel Series” with each book being called “Book 1”, “Book 2” etc

That would be awesome.

I’ve got two new titles I’m thinking about:

1. Everyone Dies but the Cat

This would be a hilarious title.

2. Penciled Cats

This is in reference to a character who is incredibly poor and tries to make a living drawing cats. But he isn’t the main character, so IDK If I’ll use it.

Oh, I have a story titled “The Rabbit Always Wins in the End”.

At least, I haven’t written it yet, but it’s one of those that just flow when you get around to it.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

Here’s a few of mine.

For an Arthurian series (originally a trilogy, but I decided to add in another book between the second and third), I decided to go with place/battle names that serve as major events for each story. The first is Tintagel (Uther’s story), the second is Badon (Arthur’s rise to power), and the last is Camlann (the end of Arthur’s reign). Not sure about book 3, but maybe Camelot? Or is that a bit cliche? Thoughts?

I’m also working on a series of fantasy/comedy short stories that I’m calling ‘The Novice’s Guide to Adventuring’.

•  
      CommentAuthorNinjaCat
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011 edited

I’ve always wanted to write a big parody/science series, with the first book called ‘The Dark Reactions’, the second ‘Balanced Equations’ , and the third was something cool that I forgot. It’d be called The Calvin Cycle. My bio teacher thought that it’d be great, but I have no idea what it should be about.
    Edit. Now that I think about it, it’d be like a book version of Freeman’s mind. Just, minus Gordon Freeman.

Everyone Dies but the Cat

That reminds me of the song ‘The Cat Came Back.’ Or maybe a murder mystery, where the cat is the real killer.

For an Arthurian series (originally a trilogy, but I decided to add in another book between the second and third), I decided to go with place/battle names that serve as major events for each story. The first is Tintagel (Uther’s story), the second is Badon (Arthur’s rise to power), and the last is Camlann (the end of Arthur’s reign). Not sure about book 3, but maybe Camelot? Or is that a bit cliche? Thoughts?

That sounds really cool. Personally, I like Camlann better than Camelot, not just because it’s cliche, but I like the word better.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

I’ve had a thought recently to make my story-on-hold more about the god-king and less about the other characters. I simply wasn’t interested enough in the same old fish-out-of-water, moving-to-new-city/school/culture-and-trying-to-fit-in coming-of-age crap. But my god-king character, I’m interested in. He’s got an interesting story and an interesti9ng perspective.

I’m thinking of calling it With Conviction In His Voice, but would that make it sound too much like a wimpy romance or pulpy airport novel? It comes from a line I dreamed up yesterday, “He looked out over the city he had built with only the conviction of his voice and a thousand whispered rumours”, referring to his ability to convince others to be loyal to him. The story will largely be about his growing sense of mortality and weakness as everythign he’s worked for spirals out of control as clashing tribes/cultures increasingly fail to work and live together harmoniously, and tribe, religion, and social differences tears his dream of a singular united people apart.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

That sounds really cool.

Thanks!

Personally, I like Camlann better than Camelot, not just because it’s cliche, but I like the word better.

Well, I’m planning on Camlann being the fourth book in the series, with the title referencing the battle of Camlann, where Arthur kills and is killed by Mordred. Book three would cover everything between Arthur’s continental campaign (against the Roman empire, of all things) and the breaking of the Round Table by Mordred.

With Only Conviction might work better — it does sound like an airport romance.

Why not A Thousand Whispered Rumours?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Because that sounds even more like a shitty Oprah-book-club memoir.

I don’t really want to have any made up words in my title (or as few as possible), and I don’t want to use the character’s name or an “and the x of x” approach. At the same time, I don’t want to fall into the cliched fantasy title-mould.

Why the hello am I worrying about titles at this stage? I need to write the thing, and then worry about what to call it.

Because that sounds even more like a shitty Oprah-book-club memoir.

Damn, you’re right. :P

At the same time, I don’t want to fall into the cliched fantasy title-mould.

That’s pretty much anything with sword, quest, dragon, wizard, etc. etc. in there, right?

Why the hello am I worrying about titles at this stage? I need to write the thing, and then worry about what to call it.

Because titles are fun to think about? :D

Unfortunately, they are also difficult. Maybe if you write it you’ll find a phrase that’s important enough to use as a title.

I generally end up with the titles of my stories by about a quarter into them, sometimes even with the first sentence.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2011

I’ve always wanted to write a big parody/science series, with the first book called ‘The Dark Reactions’, the second ‘Balanced Equations’ , and the third was something cool that I forgot. It’d be called The Calvin Cycle. My bio teacher thought that it’d be great, but I have no idea what it should be about.

I would love you for ever and ever if you wrote that. Caveat being it must be awesome.

In sharp contrast to some of you, I have titles galore! My pet novel project has regular chapter titles and alternate chapter titles. The regular titles are of the normal type. The alt titles are more humorous in nature. Things like “Letters to the King” or “Operation Desert Sock” and “Letters from the Overlord” or “Dear Sock Thief…”.

The alt titles are always fun to come up with since I get to let loose with a lot of puns and irony. Mmm. Delicious irony.

My short story titles tend to be short but revealing of the story. “Wolfskin” is a tale about werewolves and wardrobe changes. “Glompy the Slug” stars the eponymous Glompy as he quests to heal his tail and protect his mutant garden home from humans. “The Dragon Stone” is about a giant diamond in the middle of a river delta that is rumored to summon dragons, the efforts of a king to acquire it, and the dragon that guards the stone.

•  
      CommentAuthorThea
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2011

I would love you for ever and ever if you wrote that. Caveat being it must be awesome.

Quite. But I think the title alone would be enough for me to pick it up in the bookstore.

I never have titles, except on anything I turned in as an assignment or otherwise made public. And even then they’re terrible. I finally called my NaNo ‘The Unkindness of Crows’ because there are Creepy Crows. And I saw it on a list of collective nouns, that’s all.

@ Inspector, woot! But there’s other stories higher in priority and like I said I still dunno what the books would be about, especially a whole series of them.

The cat stuff sounds interesting. And I dunno anything about Athurian stuff.

• CommentAuthorDeborah
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013

I have a few new titles:

Shadowhawk
    Terreha got changed to The Dryad’s Daughter.
    Hayden’s Gate: A Tale of the Elandorian Revolution
    No Man’s Pawn.

Other recent short story titles are:
    The Askan Brothers
    A Letter from the Cheswicks
    The Tale of the Twisted Sword
    The Prince’s Ghost
    A Disaster of Epic Proportions

Other random titles floating around in my head generally have to do with character names, like The Exile of Jonathan Mackworth, Nicholas Holden’s Return, or The Last Days of Arthur Elmoor.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013

Seeing as this thread has arisen from the dead just in time for Halloween, here’s the new set of titles I’m working with:

Similar to this sort of thing, the first book will be Lysogeny (the process of viral reproduction/spread), the second book will be Dissolution (one substance dissolving into another), and the last book will be Cytolysis (process of cellular explosion by overwhelming internal pressure). SDtill centred around the one city, but in stages through its inception, expansion, and inevitable collapse.

I write fan fiction on deviantArt, so I know that titles should be based around an important, nearly-omnipresent part of the story. Here are tiles for fics that I've actually started, as well as fics that are only mere ideas at the moment.

*Started:*
    _Eletroid Omniverse Project_ (A crossover that started out as a four-way between Elebits, Metroid, Ben 10, and Touhou, but also has the main antagonist of _Digimon World Dawn and Dusk_ as a character, with more characters from Digimon and other series planned to appear)
    _Poke'min_ (A crossover between Poke'mon and Pikmin where Silver gets sent to PNF-404 by a mysterious Poke'mon named Ambutante)
    _Heck Yeah! X and Y_ (A crossover between Wrath of the Dead Rabbit and Poke'mon where the prince of the Inferno, Ash the dead rabbit, is somehow in Kalos, meets a character named Relex, and decides to challenge the Poke'mon League)

*Ideas:*
    _Digimon Cosmic Chronicles_ (A Digimon fic with OC Digidestined that are all from different worlds)