Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009

Its the most insane, sado-masochistic 8 bit game on the planet.

How far can you get?

Personally, I’ve never beaten the second boss, Mecha Birdo.

Hint: If you’re stuck on the first level, look up at the start!

Actaully, it’s a 32-bit game.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Isn’t this the game where the moon falls on you?

In the second room, large apples (or apple-like fruits) will strategically fall down to squash The Guy just as he’s passing under them.

Later in the same room, you’re crossing over those same trees from above. And the apples fall up.

The apples fall up and kill you.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

EVERYTHING is trying to kill you.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

The apples fall up and kill you.

According to the offical FAQ, they are more like large cherries. But yes, they do fall up and kill you. And yes, everything tries to kill you.

Guys, they’re delicious fruit. Get it right.

everything tries to kill you – this game sounds suspiciously like Silver Surfer

• CommentAuthorFenix
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009

I’m both stuck on the start and on the screen with the home sigh, after 15 min of playing I simply had enough, I’ll continue later.

Go up.

As in. Double jump. From where you spawn.

Good luck.

NVM, if you can’t figure out the first room in 15 minutes, IWBTG may not be the right game for you.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

NVM, if you can’t figure out the first room in 15 minutes, IWBTG may not be the right game for you.

Yeah, no kidding. You’ll kill yourself before the first boss, garunteed.

• CommentAuthorFenix
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009 edited

lol Virgil, anyway alligator, I advise you to read my post again carefully, if you don’t know what I’m talking about then maybe you should play IWBTG again :-).

edit: is the first boss a red robed figure with some sort of skeleton bottle standing next to him?

• CommentAuthorFenix

The saving is bugged. I’m now saved while falling and getting killed by an airplane.

I advise you to read my post again carefully

Oh, so I guess I was wrong. I thought you meant you were at the very first room… Woops. Sorry aboyut that.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009

...... sigh.

Ok, so for a while this game provided just annoying parts that were hard to bet by. But then I beat Mecha Birdo and was at the fan room. I went up to the broken staircase, couldn’t do it, so came back down and went to the right.

Now I have to restart the entire fucking game all over again!

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited

You could try it on easy mode. It has extra save points.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited

I am on easy mode. But its fine, there were no bosses and I sped through to almost back where I was within a few minutes.

Update: I am now on Dracula.

I am hopeless at this so could someone please tell me how to get across the cloud & spikes room after the apple/cherry room?
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009

If I understand you correctly, its the second room not counting the one you jump up from, yes?

Jump onto the first cloud, then jump to the far edge of the second. As it drops, jump to the near edge of the third cloud. As it rises, drop and jump to the left to reach to the third cloud, and quickly move to the left so you don’t get crushed.