Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009

I knew it. I just knew it. They couldn't go that long without one. What the heck are you supposed to do in that game anyways?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

It will just be a reskin of Second Life it seems.. ‘nonlinear’ isn’t a term you just throw around in an MMO, all of them are non-linear.

Still, it's Forks, the most boring and rainy town in the universe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

At least I stopped seeing those dreadful Forks advertisements.

What ads?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

EPIC FACEPALM

WHY????

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

What ads?

Just like states our countries would advertise themselves like common whores, around the Twilight movie you saw those for Forks.

Yeah, wtf.

Where is the Harry Potter MMO? The series has so much depth and locations and… just so much one could go into! A game set during the first war against Voldemort would be epic. Imagine trawling 1970s UK, having wizard duels in public, then wiping the memories of anyone who seeees… And there’s loads of branches to the magic that just opens loads of opportunities for the class builds, and wouldn’t it be awesome to be in a Quidditch team and just imagine, it’s be an amazing way for Rowling to explore that section of HP backstory.

I mean, really, outside of a couple srs bizniz roleplaying LJs and a few text based sites, where is our HP MMO?

...back on topic though, the time travelling journal sounds an interesting concept, but otherwise, meh. I mean, what racial attributes do the three races get? What classes would they have? Humans are absolutely pansy, werewolves are pansy except for once a month (unless there’s some speshul bullshit with meyer’s werewolves) and vampires are overpowered godmoding fuckers with no weaknesses. What would the plot be? What sort of quests would you have? Why would you want to? Seriously, could a game get more pointless?

If I can roll a vampire and then go kill Bella (NPC boss leader of Forks Washington) this will be the GREATEST GAME EVER!

The potential for this to turn into a 3d dating site though… that’s creepy.

Ugh... I bet desperate guys will act like Edward and girls will fall for it.

Consider the demographic: 10-20 year old girls, 15-25 year old trolls.

Where’s the Paedophile Patrol? This is a red alert!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

What? The female demographic is something like 7 – 45. The older you are the more pathetic it is.

...Really?

45?

Proof. :-/

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

What? No, just look at those pics of hordes of women in every stage of their menstrual cycles, there’s your proof.

If a 45-year-old woman could be a part of Twilight Moms and encourage her daughter to read the books, I'm sure she could join this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

This calls for jihad.

Ugh… I bet desperate guys will act like Edward and girls will fall for it.

No we won’t. I mean uh… I’m sure some desperate guys I know won’t do that.

This calls for jihad.

Yes! We must all form a guild called “impishidea.com” and raid the HELL out of the server

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited

That sounds fun… [the impishidea clan, not the game itself!] I think if it’s free, I’ll join. As long as I get to be vampire and kill people. =) And if I can choose a good name from the Buffyverse.

Dibs on Angelus

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Damn you. Maybe I’ll be Drusilla.

I’d say I’d be the Spike to your Drusilla but I think I’d much prefer to be your Angelus to your Drusilla.

(a test of how hardcore a Buffy fan you are is how much you get that ;-)

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I wish I could say that I fully got that, but I’ve only seen the first three seasons of Buffy. I started watching this summer. I’m only 16, so yeah, a bit too young to watch Buffy when it first aired.

But wait a few months, and I will have watched all of the seasons. =D

I say we call ourselves the Imps. Only slightly less easy to connect ourselves to a raiding party. Also, descriptive of what we plan to do.

Who wants to be River? ;)

Not me. I’m Blade.

Maybe I should watch Buffy so I know what you all are talking about. I'm pretty young too, so I wouldn't have seen it when it first came out.

Wouldn’t that make you Bella’s & Edward’s child then Dan?

And dammit people, stop making me feel so old!

I call being Zoe. (Yes, I know this is Firefly and not Buffy. I don’t care.)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

In that case…^^

I’m River. :P

Awesome. I’m counting the minutes until it opens.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

So, who’s Jayne?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Jayne Cobb! The Hero of Canton!

Is that a proposal, Virgil?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Ah.. see now I realize that Puppet was asking who would play Jayne, not who Jayne is.

In that case I pick Wash.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009

Can I be Inara?

WWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THIS CANNOT BE

Stop wasting precious resource on a god-forsakenly ugly, and with very little background story to explore besides, and get on with making Harry Potter MMO!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

That discussion is in the Computer Games thread.

Or better, let’s create a seperate thread. I think the idea of Harry Potter MMO has been discussed several times before.

• CommentAuthorTourniquet
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009 edited

—Is creeped out—

I thought about whether they would go so far as to make a Twilight video game, with all the hype right now…this is creepy.

EDIT: Not a video game, but this is close enough

Breaking Dawn video game… There are no words to describe the thoughts running through my mind…

Dear god.... I seriously hope they wouldn't do that. The only thing that would happen in that game is the birth. Nothing else.
    • CommentAuthorTourniquet

@ Curious: And the wedding prep.

Honeymoon they’d skip over…it’d be cool to be a wolf though. But only because wolves are cool. :D

The wedding part is true. But still, that's not much of a game, unless they did let you run around as a wolf.

Running around as a wolf would be fun!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

It also got worse because now they are invading our webcomics.

I can’t imagine anyone pulling a video game off Twilight. What can you even do in that game? It’s not as if you can derive an interesting action sequence or a puzzle to be solved out of 300 pages of Bella drooling over the statue-ness of Edward.

Or it could be a romance game. One of these that Japanese are so fond of.

I refuse to elaborate.

I believe I mentioned that once already Butterfly.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

It will sell well for the same reason the Transformers and HP games sell.

I believe I mentioned that once already Butterfly.

Ah.

squrims

I think atheists can use this quite successfully as the ultimate evidence of the non – existence of God

I’ve said that D:LT has been the greatest challenge to my faith ever.

Though I am 100% convinced now that Satan is real.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009

D:LT?

Dragons Lexicon Triumvirate.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009

Ah, never read it.

Well it’s only the greatest book ever Virgil!

Here, read a sample.

I know I made jokes but now cracked is making me really wonder if their writers are hanging out here.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009

I love Cracked. So much. That article was great.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

That article was so hilarious. I loled several times.

• CommentAuthorRocky

A Twilight game was something of an inevitability....but an MMO?

How the heck will that even work? What could you possibly do in an MMO like that? Hotkeys for twelve different types of sulking? Quests to increase your XP and become a Master Whiner? Hunting parties for vampire strip clubs? Duels for staring down the Statue of David?
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

Anywhere teenage girls congregate online, so too will the 45-year-old men.

I’m wondering why anybody would choose to be a human. They pretty much… suck…

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I’m wondering why anybody would choose to be a human. They pretty much… suck…

Bella83, Bela4, Bell41, xBellax, xXBellaXx, IIBellaII, Bellla8, Belaa, ad infinitum.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

I know I made jokes but now cracked is making me really wonder if their writers are hanging out here.

Holy shit. If those transcripts are genuine, it appears that human beings (or at least adolescent girls) may have an even greater capacity for stupidity than I thought.

^^Absolutely. Would someone actually type stuff like that?
    • CommentAuthorRocky

Never doubt the depths to which human stupidity can aspire...and what scares me is that they actually seem like they're _trying_.
    O.o

@Rocky

>Never doubt the depths to which human stupidity can aspire sink.

Fixed.

I repeat:

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
    At least Einstein never lived to see Twilight.

Considering the above quote (and escaping the holocaust) he probably wouldn’t have been surprised.

That “Einstein” quote is fake.

I agree with the Einstein quote (fake or not).

Alright Dan.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. -Nate Winchester”

There fixed.

But you just got it from somewhere else.

Well I’m taking credit. lol

Or here I’ll adjust:

“Only two things are infinite: God and human stupidity. Sometimes I wonder about the former.”

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”

Unknown

Fixed.

Awwwww, NP took away my fun. =(

I typed that before you updated again. It was after Dan’s last response.

• CommentAuthorRocky

>>>"Never doubt the depths to which human stupidity can -aspire- sink."

Ah, but then I alluded to them trying, which would qualify as an aspiration.

No, that makes no sense at all. Stupidity can’t “aspire” to “depths”. It isn’t even grammatically correct; you have “human stupidity” as the subject, “aspire” as the verb, and “depths” as the indirect object. “Aspire” is an intransitive verb, and your usage is contrary to the word’s definition. It’s basic grammar, and you have murdered it.

My head hurts from reading that. Grammar was never my greatest subject.

OK, maybe it isn’t basic grammar. It was still murdered, though. I saw the stab wounds myself.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009 edited

And I tend to be quite generous with that sort of wound when it comes to Grammar Nazis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009

Prescriptive Grammarians ftw.