Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    You should write it under the pen-name I. R. Reptile. Which, come to think of it, is pretty much true.

Are they even called Ninja Turtles anymore? I could swear I saw something that called them the Hero Turtles, and that’s just terrible.

As for the thread topic, I’ve considered using a pen name because my real name sounds too fake.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009

I think they were originally Hero Turtles, but became Ninjas when the producers realised how cool and marketable they were.

@ sansa: what, is your name Jeremy Crow?

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited

I think they were originally Hero Turtles, but became Ninjas when the producers realised how cool and marketable they were.

I dunno about that. I remember reading the comic book(I think) the show was based on in the library in elementary school. It traumatized me.

what, is your name Jeremy Crow?

Nope, just a Gaelicized version of a name already synonymous with the Irish, and an Irish surname people manage to mangle into a Polish name, even though it is also belongs to a county in TX and a major jazz musician.

*Takes a stab* Padraig?

Takes a stab Padraig?

o_O

Off by one letter.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009

Padraeg?

Which is undoubtedly a cool name.

Padraic?

Dang, so close the first time....toughie since susposedly Padraig and Padraic are both gaelic. At least, I've seen them both used.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yer, my last name’s extremely Irish. It could only be made more stereotypical if one added an O’ on the front of it. Hmm.

lol, or in your case a "Ni' " to the front (since you're a gal, if you wanted to be true to gaelic form, you add a "ni" on instead of an "o")

In other words: LUCKY! My name is one of those weird but normal names that everyone thinks is Celtic (which it is....sort of), but is actually rather boring.

My last name is German with a suspicious tendency to look Polish and is, therefore, virtually unpronounced to the unschooled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

My name is Italian all the way.

My name is…um, Indian. Yeah. And no one says it right. It’s so annoying, since it’s just basically a lot of ‘a’s.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yeah. And no one says it right.

I get that, I don’t have a cool Italian name, but an obscure one.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009 edited

Padraic?

Dang, so close the first time….toughie since susposedly Padraig and Padraic are both gaelic. At least, I’ve seen them both used.

It’s all starting to add up now, isn’t it? The guessing people’s names with little to go on, the levitation, the evil book reading, them cream cookies you always eating. You a damn witch.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

@SWQ: Me toooooo, but rather, no one ever spells it right because it’s similar to an English one, so they spell it that way instead. D:

Ok, now I’m curious.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Reading this thread just makes me want to know what these names are…

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

My last name is very obviously German, and there’s 114,479 people living in the United States with the same last name.

I probably would not invent a pen name, since I think Kaitlin Schneider sounds decent. Something with a little more pizazz would be nice, but whatever. I’ll worry about getting published first.

My middle and last names be Italian, and my first name be French.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Stephanie Bella... Viani. Er. First French-Italian-Italian names that popped into my head. >>
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

P.S. My middle name is an emotion. Beeeat that! I was named for an emotion.

*emotes*
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Which one? :P

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Three guesses. It's easy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Joy.

Remorse.

Embarrassment.

Okay the last two are just poking fun, Joy seems like the only logical one for a name.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Definitely Remorse. Then I’ll name my kid Regret, and he’ll name his kid Shame, and on and on will run the tradition of bad parenting.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Woooah.. deja vu.

Yes, funneh. So your name?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Oh, I dunno. Choose your own adventure.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Meh. I’m just writing my stuff for the club. I’ll do that.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Okay fine, be boring, you. It’s Joy. Hooray.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yes!

I knew it.

Stephanie Bella… Viani. Er. First French-Italian-Italian names that popped into my head. >>

ha ha, I thought you were psychic for a second, and then I realised… it’s my username.
    Actually, my middle name sounds Italian, but I just realised it’s probably not. facepalm

@ Spanny: You’re not Destiny Hope Cyrus are you? >.<

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

But I am psychic!

Um.. Michelle? Neh, that doesn’t even sound Italian. I’m give up.

Yeah Virgil, real good guess, real good. The last person who tried to guess guessed Love first. Hah. That would be humiliating.

Is hope an emotion?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I don’t think so.

Yeah Spanny, I wikied emotion and looked at ones possibly used for names.

@ hmyd.nightmare: shut up. It’s Miley Cyrus’s birth name.

It’s Miley Cyrus’s birth name.

How the hell do you get “Miley” out of “Destiny Hope?”

She got nicknamed ‘Smiley’ because she smiled all the time. But she was so young she couldn’t say it properly. Hence, Miley.

@ hmyd.nightmare: shut up. It’s Miley Cyrus’s birth name.

I know. It’s a really idiotic name, in my opinion.

I do not appreciate these biting insults. They bite and sting.

In pain,

Me

I decline to reply. And yet, I do. Oh, the irony.

The irony burns like the glowing sun.

I h8 u sut up u h8r

ur so lame u rj ust jelosu of my skll.

u cnt even rite prpli lyk wif enuff ajektivs n stuf so sut up u h8r

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Take this to the Lulz thread, or stop. It hurts my brain. D:<

i dun need ajectifs cus heyr 4 pp,l who cant rite gd

no u sut up cz u11! dunt ctrl me

yeh u cnt cntrl me ethr!!

...okay.

I had way too much fun doing that.

me 2

Heh heh.

Quote SansAfro: "It’s all starting to add up now, isn’t it? The guessing people’s names with little to go on, the levitation, the evil book reading, them cream cookies you always eating. You a damn witch."

Ha. Deduction and cleverness always looks like magic to the uninformed. *looks dashing and brilliant in a snappy smoking jacket*

Ha. Deduction and cleverness always looks like magic to the uninformed. looks dashing and brilliant in a snappy smoking jacket

...You win this round. shakes fist.

I swear I could count the number of people I’ve encountered who were already familiar with my variation of the name with one hand. I still think it would look like a made-up name to people who aren’t, though.

I should just use my nick and a random last name.

Sansafro Jones.

Sorry, I happen to be fairly well-versed in obscure gaelic spelling of names as I have an unnatural interest in said things. XD And how the heck to they mispronounce Padraic? I mean...for gaelic pronunciation it's pretty straighforward. I can see why most people don't go: "oh, Patrick, DUH!" but it isn't like you're saddled with Caoimhin or the like.

Sansafro Jones has a very dashing ring to it, I might add.

And how the heck to they mispronounce Padraic?

Lots of “Pa-DRAY-ic” and “Pad-REE-ack” and such. It makes first days of semesters not so much fun. TBH I prefer the professors who wouldn’t even take a stab at it. One TA that mangled it during the initial roll-call didn’t look up when I raised my hand, and followed it up with “Is she here?” There was really no valid response that didn’t somehow incorporate a facepalm.

Also, I give fake names at restaurants to avoid having to explain it. Thanks, dad. At least the English will know I’m not one of them, right? – _ –

LOL!
    Yeah, my last name has the lovely eastern European tendency to sequester "t," "z," and "k" all right up next to each other, which makes such things fun.

It's "Pa-Drake" right? (at least for gaelic, if my memory serves moi)

I feel ashamed, because I thought it was ‘Pa-DRAY-ic’. Sorry. I do like it though. Sounds…unusual.

This is a dead giveaway for anyone who bothers to research it, but Skye Sweetnam had a song that described me perfectly, plus the title of the song was my name. The only problems were that a. it was a very annoying song and b. SHE SAID IT WRONG!

Not so very shocking, but irritating when it’s butchered like ten times in a row. Long A, is that SO HARD TO PRONOUNCE?!

(Rant over.)

I feel ashamed, because I thought it was ‘Pa-DRAY-ic’.

You shouldn’t be. It isn’t very intuitive.

The second A is silent, for me at least, so it’s just like Patrick but with a D. I don’t actually know anybody else by that name other than the golfer, so I can’t compare, and his ends in a G and has an “ah” sound for the first syllable. I should just visit Ireland with a nametag and see how they say it, I guess.

This is a dead giveaway for anyone who bothers to research it, but Skye Sweetnam had a song that described me perfectly, plus the title of the song was my name. The only problems were that a. it was a very annoying song and b. SHE SAID IT WRONG!

The power of Wikipedia leads me to believe your name is either “Sharada” or “Billy S.”

On a related note to that, I have never heard of Skye Sweetnam, but she is pretty cute.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009

She got nicknamed ‘Smiley’ because she smiled all the time. But she was so young she couldn’t say it properly. Hence, Miley.

I am slightly concerned that you know this, Steph.

However, I will now look good when I profess to already know this info when talking to my Hannah Montana-mad friend.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

At least Jeni has a reasonably guessable name.

I do watch it sometimes, you know. Saturday mornings are when you forget everything you hate and just settle down to watch Disney cartoons. Or live action, as the case may be. The presenters had that little tidbit.

What I don’t get is why sheep dip is advertised at the same time they run Saturday Disney…

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

At least Jeni has a reasonably guessable name.

I do?

<<

>>

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

What is this ‘sheep dip’?

you stick it on sheep so they don’t get ticks and pesky little parasites and stuff. And also maggot-prevention I think.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Why is it called dip? Sounds like a side dish for lamb. :D

Eww, because sheep dip is blue.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Blue, huh?

Sounds yummy.

@sansafro: one of those is right.

XD

No prizes for guessing which one.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

...sadly, I will have to confess to knowing this as well.

hides in the corner

No prizes for guessing which one.

Don’t be so stingy, Billy S. I deserve something for the ten seconds I spent googling.

Elanor: all together now… “You get the limo out front!”

I will join the ranks of The Shameful Who Know Too Much About Miley Cyrus.

Sadly, I knew this all before hand.

I know it merely because I read reviews (which end up oozing information about her past) merely to see what educated people think of her. It is like an offset.

I know it because I am a connoisseur of data, be it trivia, gossip, actually useful information, and/or all or none of the above.

Why IS it so shameful to know about Miley Cyrus?

equation as follows
    Given: Miley Cyrus
    Teen population <3s Miley Cyrus (ZOMGOSH!Luv!)

Teen Population <3s Twilight (ZOMGOSH!Luv1!)

Twilight = Evil.

Due to equivalency: Miley Cyrus = Twilight
    Therefore
    Miley Cyrus = Evil

(No offense to Miss Cyrus intended. More the hordes of fans. :) )

I actually know a lot of people who enjoyed Twilight but are very conscious of its flaws. Same goes for Miley Cyrus. The few good episodes of HM are actually worth watching. The rest of the time I hate it :)

Although I can’t talk because everyone’s always going on about Zac Efron, when to me he will always be the kid who played a large role in a Disney franchise I grew out of before I could contemplate watching it.

I never said Twilight Fans = Evil. And by Teen Population I mean Teen Population of Mindless Fans....
    :)

I know several lovely people in love with Twilight.

Thanks, because I = teen.

Lol, your equation actually makes no sense.

Which is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

*sniffs* it does make sense. Things on the opposite sides of signs are equal...in my world.

Two pounds of either...

And, let me guess, you live on Pluto, right?

Anyway. Pen names.

I actually know a lot of people who enjoyed Twilight but are very conscious of its flaws.

Same.

Thanks, because I = teen.

Same again.

Yeah, pen names. I’ve got a really common surname that which most people do not associate with Spain. Not that I’m Spanish, but that’s the origin of the name. I’ve been toying with the idea of using my full name, but that would just be a hassle. After all, are you going to remember the writer of the book when their pen name is “T. Erica V. Madrid?”

Pure example, by the way. My name’s initials are “HMYD.”

Gee, never guessed.

Helium Montifiore Yei Diego?

Holy pineapples, you actually got the first and third ones right! :D

Holy pineapples? But I thought pumpkins were higher up…

Ew, pumpkins.

What is there redeeming quality, other than their overall usefulness and funny name?

Well, they make magnificent carriages.

Give me a mango any day.

Mangoes last longer. Doesn’t that mean I’d get to keep the carriage even after midnight?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

Why IS it so shameful to know about Miley Cyrus?

Because every time I have ever watched something with her in it, it’s so cliched and syrupy that I feel like I’m drowning in a vat of honey.

Which would actually be an awesome way to shuffle off this mortal coil.

Very sticky, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

But it would taste glorious!

Who cares? You’d be too busy choking.

And I hate honey, anyway.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

D:

Er, anyway, yes. Pen names.

What do you think of “bleep?”

I personally think it sounds too “Danielle Steel”-ish.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

It does sound just a little too impossibly dashing, like “Perdita X. Dream”, although it does roll off the tongue nicely.

@ hmyd: I know where you found that name…. I agree with Moldorm, sorry to say.

I’m thinking of Olivia Carmine Craig for mine. It’s a play on my real name. I told it to a friend and she was like, “Yeah, it sounds all strong and stuff” and I personally like it, but I’m worried it’s a bit too slippery.

(I’m paranoid, so don’t mention the name in any further posts because I’ll come back later some time and delete it.)

And I can shorten it to O.C. Craig or something, because people always think that initials=guys and more people would read a guy’s book than a girl’s.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

O.C. Craig is rapper name.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Steph should be a rapper.

Yo, I’m OC Craig, let me tell you my name
    Let me tell you it and tell you it and tell you again
    It aint hard to assume
    A nom de plume