Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009

...is dead. 0_o

I just saw it a couple minutes ago. Going to be a million MSN articles in a few hours.

Good riddance. What a creep.

:O

My dreams of making Thriller a true story either just took a huge step back or forward :|

Too soon? :P

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

My dreams of making Thriller a true story either just took a huge step back or forward :|

Haha.

Yeah I really don’t care.

Eh, I thought Thriller was a good song. So, RIP MJ.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited

Ditto Virgil. It’s just so sudden and weird though. :P

Much like the man(?) himself.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

It’s just odd. Out of absolutely nowhere.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

It’s just odd. Out of absolutely nowhere.

Agreed. But I was actually kinda sad / disappointed when George Carlin and Bernie Mac died last year. I loved them. But the MJ.. I never really looked into him.

Well, and this is just third party hearsay, but I heard that he was going into an operation to become a hermaphrodite. You should probably check this to see if its true, though

I’m sorry for the people who knew him, for their loss. But Michael Jackson was a big step in turning the music industry into the soul eating extortion machine it is today, so I can’t say I ever liked him, or the music he made.

Oh man.

Fuck.

That’s like.

And just before his comeback.

And.

Like, everyone I know except for me had bought tickets for his comeback show and everything!

And.

But.

Damn….

...Let us not mourn, but remember what he brought us.

Thriller.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Good riddance. What a creep.

Exactly my thoughts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

Sounds like an overdose.

Hey now, I may not agree at all with his personal life (and who would?) but there’s no denying his musical brilliance.

Alli are you ok? Are you ok? Ok Alli?

:P

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Hey now, I may not agree at all with his personal life (and who would?) but there’s no denying his musical brilliance.

Ditto.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

May he rest in peace, and never come back as a Zombie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Amen.

His spirit will live on in Plants vs. Zombies.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

His spirit will live on in Plants vs. Zombies.

Lols.

MSN already has a couple articles. Also, I heard earlier in the year that he had a major staph infection.

The first time I ever heard about him was when I saw the 60 Minutes documentary, and I spent half that time thinking he was a girl.

When they called him “Michael”, I sent a very confused look to my parents, and an even bigger one when they showed this black kid who had nothing to do with the story on the screen.

(Although he was very cute when he was twelve. What happened?)

• CommentAuthorCodeWizard
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited

NOW WHO WILL WE CALL A PEDO AND CRACK PEDO JOKES ABOUT?

WHAT CAN I BELIEVE IN ANYMORE? MY WORLD IS CRAAAAAAAAAAASHING AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh. My. Gosh. He’s been a part of popular culture (in a perverse type of way) for so long and now he’s gone!

(seriously, a tiny part of me is echoing what CB said, and the other part is going, that poor guy!)

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

I liked his song "Remember the Time". Not really crazy about him otherwise.

Still, RIP MJ.

There’s always Jacob Black to make pedo jokes at.

He’s dead. How can he be resting if he’s dead?

Were you resting before you were born? Now just pretend he went into that empty place we all came from.

who

Aw, but I like Jacob. He’s the Murtagh of Twilight!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Aw, but I like Jacob. He’s the Murtagh of Twilight!

Lets hope Murtagh doesn’t end up like Jacob did then…

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

This is the goddamned MJ thread.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Anyways, yeah, I felt like part of me died today. :(

Mary Jane looks pretty hot.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Wow… it’s kinda weird, because earlier today I saw in passing something about him going to a hospital… and now he’s dead. Freaky. Death is creepy.

Death is the natural conclusion to life.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

what if life is the conclusion to death?

dun dun dun

Guess I’ll be finding in the next few decades.

•  
      CommentAuthorRT3
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

He was a great musician, and he did all kinds of charity work you never hear about… It’s sad that his legacy will be marred by the imbeciles that are more concerned with his face than his music and more concerned with the bad things he was accused of doing than the good things that we know he did…

He had serious problems, though, you have to admit that.

Frankly, who doesn’t? (Well, the range of seriousness varies, but still…)

I never liked him much. He sounded like a girl.

Heh, I get where that comes from… ;)

I love how up to a few minutes before his death he was a monster and then when he’s not around to feel a damn thing he’s a hero.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited

That’s done for everyone. When you’re dead we will sing songs* and cheer, and make speeches about how you were an exciting and wonderful person. A Mother Teresa among the unworthy. Then six weeks later we cross out your name in our phone books and move on.

*Probably Michael Jackson songs.

I am taking this opportunity to be as disrespectful as possible to his grave to stay consistent.

I love how up to a few minutes before his death he was a monster and then when he’s not around to feel a damn thing he’s a hero.

Actually, a lot of people I know praised his music and set aside his questionable private life since well before his death.

One of my schoolmates thinks he was inconsiderate because he didn’t wait until after the opening day of his tour that she had a ticket for before dying.

And apparently, MJ’s death got MTV to mostly play music again.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

A lot of people I know didn’t even think he was a pedophile. They just thought (or said that they did) he was…eccentric, and explained away his changes with that.

•  
      CommentAuthorAmelie

Well, it was never proven that he was a srsbzness pedo. He got taken to court but never convicted. Still, his Neverland ranch place looks like Disneyworld. One can’t help but wonder… Yeah, he was weird, but I feel kind of bad for him. He was the media’s bitch.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

He was a great musician, and he did all kinds of charity work you never hear about… It’s sad that his legacy will be marred by the imbeciles that are more concerned with his face than his music and more concerned with the bad things he was accused of doing than the good things that we know he did…

Damn straight.

I hate tabloids.

It just goes to show you, people who go with the flow are full of shit. I hope they all feel like dicks now.

Weren’t you the one trying to be as disrespectful as possible to MJ?

I respect him for putting up with that, but I’m making fun of him on principle. Also it’s funny to see former haters act butthurt when you continue what they began.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

This reminds me of what happened with Jade Goody. No-one cares if you criticise people, until they die, at which point they are all great and wonderful humans and you are a heartless wretch.

Not quite true. To quote a friend of mine, “Thank God she’s dead! Dear lord that woman’s been on the cover of every tabloid and magazine for months, she’s goddamn annoying! Now she’s dead I can finally have some peace!”

Then again, he is a complete bastard.

Only in America can a poor black boy die a rich white woman.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

True. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

I wouldn't demean the upper class, the Caucasian race, and the Female sex by putting Michael Jackson in the same category as them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRT3

Okay well if nobody else wants him, I hereby claim Michael Jackson for the Irish.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I wouldn’t demean Michael Jackson by putting the Irish in the same category as him.

He wasn’t pale enough to be Irish.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009

I kinda feel sorry for him. Apparently his father was abusive. Can you imagine being thrown into show business at five years old? The pressure, the weird life, no stability... he was talented, but he went pretty damn crazy. He had serious psychological issues. He ended up pretty much defining the word tragedy, as his flaws consumed him.

That being said, he ended up damn creepy. And what kind of parents leave their kids alone to sleepover with a grown man?

He would be a terrifying zombie/ghost.

Thriller kind of creeped me out.

That’s the point.

Yes, I know. I’m backing up what a terrifying zombie-thing he’d be. Especially with all the other zombies dancing in perfect unison…shudder

If ever I get the chance to dress up as a Thriller-zombie and dance around like that, I am so taking it.

Next Halloween…post pictures.

You’d be insane to call Michael Jackson a “grown man”. It is quite clear his psychology retrograded to that of a 10 year old.

I doubt he was a pedo pedo just a “pedo” pedo.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited

So Death Notes do really exist…A new Kira has been born, this time he’s killing celebrity singers. ;)

Theres a club?!?!?

Important question: Do we get club jackets? :D

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

Billy Mays is dead too…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yeah, I just heard that. :P

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009 edited

That guy was so annoying…

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009 edited

@ puppet - Death Note is awesome. And they do exist because you can buy them at animey storey places.

I didn't like Michael Jackson's music that much, but I acknowledge the fact that it was great even if it wasn't my kind of thing. As for his personality, some of his actions (even if the pedophilia accusation was false) and his post-black appearance, well he was a freakin' freak.

When someone dies they are always treated as a saint no matter how horrible a person they were in life (not that Michael is a horrible person, but he certainly was weird and creepy), so I will all refer to you to the eulogy song from The Chaser's War On Everything - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkM9cDiWJ6o
    If only they had written the song after Michael's death because it would've been good to include him in it, too. Some of celebs are Australian though so most of you might not get some people such as Belinda Emmett.

Didn’t she have cancer or something? I saw her sing before she died at the Carols by Candlelight thing a few years ago.

Britney Spears isn’t dead, btw.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009

Well, on the bright side, at least I no longer share a first name with a creepy, creepy son of a bitch.

Michael Quest III, most epic video ever?

Thriller kind of creeped me out.

“I’m not like other guys”...

•  
      CommentAuthorRand
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009

I was in a dumpy little restaraunt in DC when I heard the news and at first, I thought it was just a publicity stunt. That night when I got to the hotel, every single channel was talking about it, and CNN went all out so I’m pretty sure its true now. (But what if it is a conspiracy?!)

Other than that, though, I am quite heartbroken. Michael Jackson is a musical amazement. I mean, fame did some funny things to his head/nose but still, I love his music. And that is that. Unforunately, I never really got into him until the last two years. I really like that song ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ and of course, Beat It. I don’t like Thriller that much. Uhm, ok, that’s it.

I feel kind of bad for all the other celebrities that died and are getting no attention because of him. I don’t like Michael Jackson. I don’t mind his music, but I’m tired of hearing from reporters who are standing in front of his house. I watched this one news show where they kept coming back to a reporter that was standing in front of the caution tape. He just said the same thing over and over again. “We think it was an overdose, but the toxicology report will take weeks.” That’s all he said, every time they showed him. His personality and actions are the reasons that I don’t like him, though.

Oh, and I found this.

What annoys me most is all the “his music will live forever!” and “we’ll miss you, MJ!” and so on. I mean, come on! In forty years, few people will listen to his music. How many people still listen to Bing Crosby? And he had actual talent!

Michael Jackson had an interesting voice, and was skilled in profane dancing, but…

There are many better singers. Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Pavarotti…

And for dancing? Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly could dance circles around him. Synchronized thrusting and twitching is just not that impressive.

“Synchronized thrusting and twitching is just not that impressive.”
    Haha.

I agree. I’m tired of the obsession with him. Most of the people who “miss him” will have forgotten about him by next year, or next month. I don’t mean family member; I mean people who have decided to be rabid fans all of the sudden.

Yeah… and it’s really bugging me, all the “this will be the funeral of the century, bleh bleh bleh”

Are they SERIOUS?

Honestly, all these people the media rave about that are attending his funeral? People like Mariah Carey, Brooke Shields… they don’t matter. They are celebrities, most of whom will have fifteen minutes, after which no one gives a damn except morning talk shows. For a true funeral of the century, look at Winston Churchill’s. He was given a state funeral, hundreds of statesmen from around the world came to pay him tribute, thousands upon thousands of Britons stood by railway stations in silence just to watch the train carrying his body go by.

Churchill made a difference in the world. He helped save Britain from Nazi Germany (and, by extension, made it possible for the rest of Europe to be saved. Can you imagine having to reclaim Europe without Britain as a base of operations?), he wrote books that were invaluable to historians, he gave profound speeches.

Michael Jackson? Until he died, his music was mostly forgotten, as was he.

John Lennon sucks.

John Lennon sucks.

How very relevant that is…

@WiseWillow
    I agree. He was mostly forgotten. Most of attention lately had come from his criminal issues not his music. And the whole day is devoted to him today. It’s so very annoying.

• CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited

Most people think John Lennon is a hero. But he’s just another useless musician.

I mean Napolean was a french revolution general who took a crappy army and won battles for once. What did Lennon do?

I do not know. I guess it is moderately relevant, since we’re basically asking, “What did MJ do?”

Well, even though I don’t really like his voice or music (if I wanted to listen to people who sound like girls, why can’t I just listen to girls in the first place?), he did revolutionize music videos and stuff, didn’t he? Credit where credit is due.

All my posts are relevant. You just have to think for a while.

Ok, I got the second post, but the random mentioning of John Lennon was a bit off-putting.

Well, even though I don’t really like his voice or music (if I wanted to listen to people who sound like girls, why can’t I just listen to girls in the first place?), he did revolutionize music videos and stuff, didn’t he? Credit where credit is due.

Yes, that’s true, but I don’t think he should get a full day of coverage or that he should bump everything else out of the news. I agree about listening to girls to hear people who sound like girls too. =-)

Because you can’t think outside of the matrix youngun or lack knowledge about useless pop culture.

Where do you suppose my username comes from?

It fits you nicely, and I said that I get the John Lennon thing now.

...And to think that I always thought your username referred to your warm and cuddly nature, CB.