Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Still, I doubt she was serious about the demands, just bitter over Simon’s oblivious nature.

Probably, yeah. Scratch that one out.

Engines make her hot. She didn’t pick him, she liked Serenity. Her poor taste in men is excused.

Does that statement not strike you as a little weird?

Thank you Steph!

I never understood why everyone loved Kaylee so much. I mean, I get it. She’s a cute little engineer who you want to put in your pocket. Yeah. What, other than that, is so great about her? Everyone else on the show has has such great backstories. . . but not really Kaylee. And she doesn’t really have any conflict, either, except for mooning/moping over Simon.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010

Everyone else on the show has has such great backstories. . .

I beg to differ. I love every single character in Firefly, but not all have terribly interesting backstories.

Wash just shows up, looking for a job. Thats it.

Jayne has the short end of the stick as a lowly criminal and gets sweet talked into joining the crew (an epic scene).

Inara is a Companion and just rents out the shuttle.

And she doesn’t really have any conflict, either, except for mooning/moping over Simon.

Apart from that being a contradiction, its also not true. She gets shot right in the first episode, has to defuse traps, fix the ship from killing everyone, and probably one more I have forgotten.

Okay, I concede that first point. :) Most have terribly interesting backstories.

And meh. I suppose I was thinking of internal conflict, not so much bangbangsavetheshipRIGHTNOWfromreavers conflict. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, I have yet to see Serenity, so maybe things happen there that I can’t judge.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Kaylee. I was just a bit put out about, yeah.

• CommentAuthorMrHyde
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

You guys have the longest fucking threads I have ever seen. I come back after ~forever in internet time and I see threads where only half of the comments are unread by me. wtf?

Inara’s Companion training is interesting, imo. Jayne certainly had plenty of adventures, like Jayne’s town (sp?).

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Hey, welcome back, MrHyde.

Welcome back, and yes. The threads get a bit lengthy.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

Fox is EVIL and should die for its transgressions.

‘nuff said.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Fox is EVIL and should die for its transgressions.

Yeah, like the worst one of all: airing the show in the first place.

• CommentAuthorMrHyde
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010 edited

Yeah, like the worst one of all: airing the show in the first place.

Stone the unbeliever!

And not sure I really rate the “welcome back” bit. Wasn’t really here much in the first place, then entirely disappeared. But I stormed out of my last social network, so here I am again…

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Stone the unbeliever!

Not really. I do hate Fox for cancelling it, they get a shred of redemption for airing it in the first place.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Because they were on a high from Buff— wait, I’ve said this before, haven’t I?

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

You know, Dollhouse got ridiculously good towards the end. Pity it was canceled and all that. At some level I feel like Whedon just has to be better at pitching his shows to the networks. I think it’s absurd that Lost is on its upteenbillionth season and Firefly didn’t even get two.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

At some level I feel like Whedon just has to be better at pitching his shows to the networks.

There are rumors he may be going to cable next instead of faffing about with regular networks. We’ll see what comes of that.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010

He ought to. As I recall, Angel was aired on cable networks for quite a long time.

It still is, though only on the mornings.

They reckon it was canned because it was anti-establishment.

Excuse me Sly, Lost is awesome.

Also, I watched (Firefly, that is) until Hulu had no more to offer me, and I LOVED what I saw. Mal’s swordfight was especially funny/cool.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010

Angel, keep watching.

Links

You are just the best kind of person.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited

Firefly > Twilight.

Also, I’d be gay for Wash.

I loved Wash in War Stories. The ending of that episode is priceless.

I’d be straight for Wash.

• CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

...did I miss something?

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

I’ve forgotten the end of War Stories. That’s the one where Zoe has to choose between him and Mal, isn’t it?

Mmhmm. It was a sensible decision, though, Wash would’ve broken had she left him there any longer. Mal was going to be alright for at least a little while longer.

Steph is gay? Huh.

Uh, no. Sorry to disappoint you. I was kinda just being ironic.

On the bright side of things, I just finished Serenity.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Double post

I would so watch that.

How about River Tam Beats Up The Fox Execs Who Ruined Firefly?

You might have something thar.

I’ve only just been introduced to Fireflly, and I’ve been watching it on Hulu. Tis epicful. And Nathan Fillion = hot.
    Though I think I like Jayne the best.

I’m watching the episode Safe right now.

The end of Safe made me cry and then laugh. Simon would do anything for River.

Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
    Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir!
    Mal: Ain’t we just?

The end of Safe made me get all warm and fuzzy inside.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010

“She’s a witch!”
    “Yes, but she’s our witch.”

I love that whole ending exchange.

Even the part before it, where Simon climbs up beside River. It makes me go all teary :)

And I know I’ve already said that.

I’m watching Our Mrs. Reynolds now.

Mal’s reaction to being married is hilarious.

Well, isn’t that… special.

“How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?”

That just popped into my mind.

So I saw Jaynestown. I adore Jayne, and the part where River fixes Book’s Bible made me laugh pretty hard. It wasn’t the best episode, though..

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010

Maybe not the best, but certainly in the top 5. It has the awesome song of awesome!

hidden rant.

Anyway, what are your top five episodes?

Mine, in no particular order, would have to be

Trash
    Shindig
    Safe
    Ariel
    and Bushwhacked.

Hmmm….

War Stories
    Serenity
    Out of Gas
    Shindig
    Jaynestown

I love that ^^, by the way.

Watching War Stories and fangirling over Wash.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010

Eeeee! So I was in Walmart while I was gone when I discovered the Firefly box set for just $20! I’d never seen it that cheap anywhere else, so of course I bought it immediately. Very exciting!

I’m watching it right now. It’s the episode where they barricade the whorehouse. and OMG NAKED MAL. hehehehehehe.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010 edited

There’s a bigger dosage of naked Mal in Trash. The best episode ever.

Plus bonus! Christina Hendricks

There’s a bigger dosage of naked Mal in Trash. The best episode ever.

Is that the one where he’s sitting on a rock at the beginning? I only saw like half of that. But…OHMYGOD HE’S GORGEOUS! I want him.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010

Should have seen the end where he walks nekkid into Serenity… All the way.

I preferred shirtless Simon in Objects in Space. I’d only seen it once, so I forgot about it. Then I was sick this morning, so I went to watch it, and HOLY WOAH. I had to watch that section of it twice to catch the plot o.O

I’ve never really gotten the whole shirtless Mal thing—why Nathan Fillion when you can have Sean Maher??

• CommentTimeAug 10th 2010 edited

Blasphemy? No, nono… why just Nathan Fillion when you can have Sean Maher too?

(Any love for Adam Baldwin (Jayne)? He’s pretty hot, for an asshat. And what about Alan Tudyk (Wash)? Really, people, so much yum. Oh, heck, I’ll throw in Summer Glau, because, well, damn. And Morena Baccarin. And Jewel Staite. And Christina Hendricks. Okay, fine, the ENTIRE CAST pretty much. )

Honestly, Nathan Fillion and Sean Maher are way more appealing than Adam Baldwin. Adam Baldwin scares me…probably because I know him from Chuck, where he plays a HARD-ASS CIA agent. Scary stuff.

Blasphemy? No, nono… why just Nathan Fillion when you can have Sean Maher too?

I’m… I just think, despite his awesomeness, he looks funny naked. Okay, there, I said it.

(Any love for Adam Baldwin (Jayne)? He’s pretty hot, for an asshat. And what about Alan Tudyk (Wash)? Really, people, so much yum. Oh, heck, I’ll throw in Summer Glau, because, well, damn. And Morena Baccarin. And Jewel Staite. And Christina Hendricks. Okay, fine, the ENTIRE CAST pretty much. )

Anyway, I totally forgot Alan Tudyk. How could I? But Adam Baldwin… I don’t know, he just seems really generically good-looking, and more gritty than hot in any case. So, I guess in order of hotness, I’d go Sean, Alan, Nathan, Adam.

And, Willow, darling, it’s called television for a reason. They are chosen because they are pretty and can act.

(...It has struck me that most of my comments on the internet recently have been about shirtless guys. What is wrong with me?)

• CommentTimeAug 10th 2010

But Adam Baldwin… I don’t know, he just seems really generically good-looking, and more gritty than hot in any case.

But gritty is nice. Also, he’s tall. I’d say Nathan, Sean, Adam, Wash. Mm.

And, Willow, darling, it’s called television for a reason. They are chosen because they are pretty and can act.

Not true. Points to the casts of King of Queens, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Community, Scrubs, etc.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Well, if you want more Nathan Fillion watch Castle.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Whaaat, no love for Adam? I think he’s hot. And I just recently started watching Chuck, where he is also hot, but slightly less so because I don’t like his hair.

But Sean’s pretty hot too. They’re all hot. I’d agree with Willow’s ranking, I think, although I might switch Sean and Adam around. I really like Adam Baldwin.

concedes to Willow on the pretty front

@ swenson and Willow:

Adam Baldwin is pretty cool, but… I just… never thought of him as hot until Willow posted that. It seriously never entered my head.

I stand by my assertion that Sean is the hottest.

I think that Sean is the prettiest, but Nathan is the hottest.

Lyk OMG, guys!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I could almost agree with you about Sean and Nathan he still looks funny naked.

Maybe we should add a disclaimer to all guys reading this, something like: we don’t expect you to be like this in real life.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010

Yeah, we expect you to sparkle.

I think that Sean is the prettiest, but Nathan is the hottest.

Sean’s too pretty. He reminds me of zac effron.

But omgNATHAN. Naaaathann.

I love Adam Baldwin, too. And Summer Glau. (I’ve got a bit of a crush on her. And I’m straight.)

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010

Coincidentally, Young Simon in the prologue of Safe is played by Zac Effron. I was surprised.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010

Wait, really? I did not recognize him at all…

That would’ve been before his HSM fame, though, right? So that’d be why I didn’t recognize him.

The first time I saw that I was like ZOMGZACEFF—-WHAAAAaaaaaa? Then after my brain exploded, I put it back together, and Zeff rose about 60 000 respect points in my estimation.

I beg to differ. He’s pretty in a good way.

double post, but guess who just found an Australian-region version of Firefly and is very very excited about it?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010 edited

Taku? :D

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010

Hey Steph, I got to buy this puppy: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/784707

/bragging

hates you nicely