Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009

Firefox – I start using the middle mouse button to try and close windows and delete files.

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited

Impish Idea – when you are so into it that everything else, including food and sleep, is on hold because “someone posted something three seconds ago and I have to reply!”

Impish idea - when you reply to subjects even though you have no idea what to say.
    • CommentAuthorCodeWizard

Trolling — when you constantly post stupid questions on Yahoo Answers.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Trolling — when you constantly post stupid questions on Yahoo Answers.

Hear, hear!

Twilight when…

... you read it (the whole thing or just a scene) more than once.
    ... it’s all you think about.
    ... you throw a hyperfit when you see a silver volvo
    ... you want Bella’s truck so badly, you’d trade a Porche for it.
    ... you want to be a vampire.
    ... the covers of the books are your desktop, cellphone background, binder (plastic) cover, etc.
    ... you start thinking 80 miles/h is slow.
    ... you stalk the actors and actresses that are in the movie.
    ... you start to like/watch MTV again (bc of Twilight Tuesday)
    ... you go crazy when someone asks what its about, but you arent coherent because you’re distracted by the thoughts.
    ... you start loving the rain and cloudy days.
    ... you get gold contacts.
    ... you charge at someone who mentions something negatively to Twilight.
    ... you start doing chores and cooking dinners to be like Bella.
    ... you start being clumsy to be like Bella.
    ... you claim that you smell blood, to be like Bella.
    ... you make long lists like these. :)

-You call your boyfriend Edward, forgetting that you’re not actually Bella Swan

-Whenever someone is over at your house, and you get cereal, you say, “Watch me hunt”

-You’re constatly talking/thinking about the difference between Edward and Jacob

-Everytime you eat an apple you say, “Remember in Twilight, when…”

-Everything you say is Twilight related

-You ask your parents for a red Chevy truck from sometime in the late fifties to early sixties for your 16th birthday

-Your dream vacation is to go to Forks, Washington.

-You take an instant liking to anyone with the name Alice, Jasper, Edward, Emmett, Carlisle, or Esme. (notice how there’s no Rosalie ;])

-You take an instant DISliking to anyone named Victoria, Laurent James, Aro, Demetri, Jane, Alec, or Marcus.

When you are convinced every insanely good looking guy with pale skin is a vampire…. and you try to jump in front of a car to see if he will save you

you raise your standerds in boys to sparkles in the sun, vampire, and hard as stone.

When everytime you eat a red apple you think of the book

when your standards for guys goes higher.

someone says i own a volvo you turn your head

(Answers courtesy of Yahoo! Answers. )

Once upon a time… there was the greatest game ever made.

Thief.

I played it a little too much (sometimes I still do).

How much?

As you drive into the parking lot you find yourself examining the local grocery store for ways to break in. Yeah, a rope arrow just there…
    You remove all light bulbs from your home.
    The word “Taffer” is a permanent addition to your daily vocabulary.
    You start walking down back alleys on your way to and from work because there are too many lights on the main road.
    You quote hammerite scripture at church.
    It becomes very difficult to do homework because when you go to pick up your book it doesn’t glow…(same thing with doors, I haven’t been able to leave this room since I got Thief. Luckily the computer is in here)
    While attending a funeral, the crowd becomes horrified as you go to remove the deceased from the coffin and carry him down the hall. When the police officer asks you what the hell you thought you were doing, you calmly explain to him that you couldn’t allow the corpse to be laying out in the open for everyone to see.
    You drive with your headlights off, so that no one else will see you comming.

Ah well… must just be me.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009

Ah well… must just be me.

Dude, totally not you. I love Thief, and Metal Age is on my top five favorite games of all time. And you forgot one. When sneaking around you look for your light gem to tell you if you’re in complete darkness.

Virgil, I missed a lot. (there was like… a thousand listed at one time)

What was your play style?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I usually poke around as best I can, but I’m not neurotic about exploring every nook and cranny, but I would scout out all the possible ways to finish something and potential exits before I actually did it. And I would use the Blackjack whenever possible.

Coldplay, when you listen to their newest album three times in a row. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Baldur’s Gate II—When you’ve beat the game 8 times.

When you are convinced every insanely good looking guy with pale skin is a vampire…. and you try to jump in front of a car to see if he will save you

You know… I kind of want to encourage that.
    (ah natural selection…)

you raise your standerds in boys to…. hard as stone.

So, so very wrong.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited

Left 4 Dead, when you walk into an airport and the first thing you do (totally unconsciously) is start scanning the room for where the rush will come from, what areas to avoid, where you might be likely to find ammo/weapons/health packs… etc. I has also just completed Ravenholm at the time, so I was VERY jumpy!

DragonFable, when anyone who dares so much as touch the computer on Friday nights is liable to get their hand bitten off. I’m waiting for the update, you fool! Leave me in peace!

Red vs. Blue, when you see a guy with a shotgun and the very first thing in your mind is “Hey look, it’s Sarge’s shotgun!”

EDIT: @first post – I always click files with the middle button to try to open them in a new window. :eyeroll:

You know you’re addicted to TV Tropes when

1. You talk in tropes.
    2. You talk in potholed tropes.
    3. You have 2347583 browser tabs open at any given time.
    4. You’re up at 1:30 changing all of the “Nighmare Fuel Unleaded” links to “High Octane Nightmare Fuel” links.
    5. Visiting your favorite blog, you wonder why you can’t correct the grammar in other people’s comments.
    6. When you watch a movie, read a book, or play a video game, you only notice the tropes.
    7. You’re up at 1:30 adding those tropes to the movie, book, or video game’s article.
    8. You actually have a TV Tropes account.
    9. You link to TV Tropes wherever you can.
    10. TV Tropes ruins your life.

HSM – when you know that it is beneath your age and intelligence… and then have a fangirl seizure when you see Ryan and Kelsi in the same room.

1. You talk in tropes.
    4. You’re up at 1:30 changing all of the “Nighmare Fuel Unleaded” links to “High Octane Nightmare Fuel” links.
    5. Visiting your favorite blog, you wonder why you can’t correct the grammar in other people’s comments.
    6. When you watch a movie, read a book, or play a video game, you only notice the tropes.
    7. You’re up at 1:30 adding those tropes to the movie, book, or video game’s article.

The above disproves the below.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Cave Story – When you’re Hell speedrun time is 3,27,6.

I still can’t get through Hell. That one boss in the really tiny room with the lasers always gets me.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

You know you’re addicted to Wikipedia when…
    ...you see an error in a page and try to fix it, only to realize there’s no edit button.
    ...you never click on red-colored links because you think it means it doesn’t link anywhere yet.
    ...you try to add an edit summary to forum posts.
    ...you briefly consider homicide every time someone says Wikipedia isn’t a valid source.
    ...you’ve spent hours trying to track down a single reference online to cite an insignificant line of an article that you know full well doesn’t even need to be cited.
    ...you make it your goal in life to beat Cluebot to reverting vandalism. (I did it like twice!)
    ...you believe capital punishment is justified in the case of repeat vandals.
    ...your account has over 1000 edits in under six months. (or it just as 1000+ edits period!)
    ...you’ve changed your monobook.js file to help you edit more efficiently.
    ...you know what a monobook.js file is.

Falconry – when you see a flying bird and wonder what kind of falcon would be perfect to kill it :P

Empress, I assume you’ve seen the video where a falcon (or hawk) is used to take down a deer?

Thats a Golden eagle on that video, she is owned by a good friend of mine, he actually was my master falconer during the years I was still an apprentice. The whole thing happened about 30km from Prague:)

You know you’re addicted to World of Warcraft when…

• You punctuate your sentences with “FOR THE HORDE!!!”
    • You attack humans on sight.
    • You attack dark-skinned elves, dwarves, and gnomes on sight.
    • Conversely, you attack orcs, trolls, cows, and undead on sight.
    • You haven’t seen the sun since before the Burning Crusade.
    • You answer to your main toon’s name, but not your legal name.
    • Your legal name is your toon’s name.
    • You got married online in WoW to a person you’ve never met.
    • You look around for people with bright red lights hovering above their heads.
    • On a good day, you slaughter hundreds of furry woodland creatures…and wonder why they don’t respawn.
    • Or drop loot.
    • You wear patches and clothing corresponding to the toon you’re leveling.
    • You keep a sample of Corrupted Blood in your basement.

You Know You Have Played Too Much Magic When:
    Most of them are just random references to cards, but here are a few gems:
    24)…you can no long afford your crack habit.
    45)…you think bounced checks are counterspelled. (Which is silly – everyone knows they’re Rescinded.)
    107)…your friends tell you to go see a Shrink and you say you already have one in a deck.
    138)…the IRS requires you to note the money you made selling your cards as taxable income.
    164)…A guy runs a stoplight in front of you, and you scream “HE CAN’T DO THAT! I HAD PRIORITY!”
    315)…you begin to learn how to differentiate between the colors of cards based off of the gleam in the opponent’s eyes.
    415)…you believe that cards can talk to you…and they do.
    427)…your friend says “main deck” and you don’t say, “Why in the hell are you talking about boats?”
    446)…you hear on the news about the Ephedra ban, and you check to see which set it was in.
    465)…your idea of hitting the clubs is finding the nearest comic shop and hitting on the ugly girls that, while ugly, play magic!
    734)…your jokes go something like: “Your momma such a fattie she’s 7/7 and has trample.”
    854)…you take a bullet to the arm rather than let it hit your magic deck.
    924)…you have a deep-and-meaningful conversation with your girlfriend and can’t help mentioning how many magic cards she’s named while talking with you.

You know you’re addicted to World of Warcraft when…

I suddenly feel a persisting urge to get outside…

1. You talk in tropes.
    X

Man....I do at least half of those things....

You know you're obsessed with the Beatles when you start talking in a Liverpool accent, even though you're American.

Thats a Golden eagle on that video, she is owned by a good friend of mine, he actually was my master falconer during the years I was still an apprentice. The whole thing happened about 30km from Prague:)

If you’re ever on match.com or some other site, you should totally put that down as a plus. (well that and “have trained falcons to bring us dinner at the table”)

By then you’ll be fighting the boys off with sticks. (and raptors of course, the bird and reptile variety)

465)…your idea of hitting the clubs is finding the nearest comic shop and hitting on the ugly girls that, while ugly, play magic!

Please, every gaming/geek girl get’s an automatic +2 attractive modifier for awesomeness.

924)…you have a deep-and-meaningful conversation with your girlfriend and can’t help mentioning how many magic cards she’s named while talking with you.

I had that happen once.
    ...still don’t know what she was talking about with “Phyrexian Dreadnought”.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I like Giant Growth puns.

@ Nate Winchester – I honestly wish it would work that way, most guys are intimidated by the falcon sitting on my arm:(

@falconempress – then train the falcon to fetch guys.

lol seriously though, if guys are too stupid to grab at the pick up line potentials of you with a falcon, they’re not worth ya anyway.

Guys who use pick up lines are not worth much to begin with.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yeah, its better if they just skip right to groping. Gets things out of the way.

Yeah DrA… but if you don’t use pick up lines they call it rape.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

You know you’re addicted to Yugioh Abridged if…

-Seeing money gives you an irresistible compulsion to screw the rules. – When you lose your voice, you hold auditions for a new one. – When you bend over, you wonder how many fan-girls are taking screencaps. – You tried to sign up for child-grabbing classes at school. – You think the egyptians invented light-sabers. – You have won a game by threatening suicide. – There’s something perversely funny about destroying the world. – Kids these days are the source of all the world’s problems. – All of these problems may be solved by the correct application of children’s trading cards – You’ve checked the obituaries to see if you’ve died. – You threw away your iPod because Steve Jobs designed it. – You’re convinced that Dan Green did the voice over for Walker: Texas Ranger and MacGyver.
    (In America)

more to come

Protip: The best pick up line in this world is “hi”.

You know you’re a freak of nature when you speed up algorithms in a doctorate’s thesis.

Please, every gaming/geek girl get’s an automatic +2 attractive modifier for awesomeness.

Thank you.

D&D:

-when you wonder what various literary character’s saving rolls are like
    -when you must roll a Bluff check every time you lie
    -when, conversely, you must roll an Insight check to make sure they are not lying to you
    -when you fail a Perception check, you are positive that there is no Ancient Red Dragon in front of you, and say so in a stupid voice
    -when you obsessively collect the money from all your loot to save for retirement and/or ressurection
    -when you create a real-life shrine to Tymora in order to roll well, and make offerings of candy, marbles, and figurines

More coming soon!

In addition to the above:

-When you try to summon Satan with a Harry Potter book while listening to rock music backwards.

Baldur’s Gate: When every time you walk to the bathroom, you hear “You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth. You must gather your party before venturing forth…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Lol. ^^ I hate that. :P

It’s what I would say in 4th edition when I move off battle map :D

I could never get farther than the 3rd town, though…

-when you fail a Perception check, you are positive that there is no Ancient Red Dragon in front of you, and say so in a stupid voice
    More coming soon!

Another sign, You create one of the following…
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0003.html
    http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=616
    http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0274.html

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Firefly, when all you do is quote it in some thread on the internets.

You know you’re obsessed with LotR when you’re discussing decoration options and you tell the designer that you’d like your house to be a fairly faithful replica of Bag End.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

You know you’re addicted with II when you refresh the page every 3 seconds looking for a new post.

I want a house with a round door!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Scratch that, I want a house like Howls moving Castle. :P

SWQ – How much peripheral LOTR gear did you have? Any cards or miniatures?

Order of the Stick: when you recognize the url and remember exactly when you read that particular strip.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

Order of the Stick: when you read the first panel and remember what the rest of the strip is about, joke and all.

Programming when you almost orgasm thinking of it.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Programming when you almost orgasm thinking of it.

I vomit if I think about programming, unless its Python, which I can manage by gagging only a little. But some good ol’ C++ well get me hurling.

I programmed in pure machine code as an exercise once. It was fun.

@ Nate- well, I don’t have any cards. My brother, however, happens to own practically every LotR character action figure in existence except for Arwen (because she’s totally useless on the battlefield). He also has multiples of several characters, because he breaks them a lot.

Aw, thank you, Nate, that was very sweet of you:)

Sailor Moon Abridged when you shout out quotes in the middle of the street like:

“I can sacrifice virgins twice as fast as she can! No thrice!”
    “Ahh, the screams of children!”

Etc… you get the point.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009

Anything when you drop as many quotes and references as possible into everything you do, regardless of context and appropriateness.

^^ I call this Princess Bride syndrome.

Inconceivable!

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

But I only said it once. I know exactly what it means, and I’m deliberately misusing it.

YOU FAIL.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Just finishing your quotation, while making an inappropriate and unnecessary reference to show my addiction.

Locke Fails
    Moldorm wins.

Now if only we had a wheelbarrow…

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

As you wish.

...I’m out of here.

Good luck storming the castle!

Do you think it’ll work?

It would take a miracle.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Or true love.

Or a nice BMT.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Luckily, though, your friend here is only mostly dead.

Rodent of Unusal size? I don't think they exist.

Now I have to rewatch the movie so I can stock up on quotes!

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. Would be a pity to damage yours."

Mawiage.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

Warhammer 40K, when you begin praying to the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, and are currently devising a means to make an operational chainsword.

Quest for Glory, when you find yourself narrating your own life in the voice of John Rhys-Davies.

Lord of the Rings, when you read the Silmarillion.

Star Wars, when you have Wookieepedia bookmarked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor

I’m not a witch, I’m your wife!

Any one else think that ITZ FUN TU TYEP LEIK TIHS??/?

:D

Ah dunno; ah alluz did but not no mo’.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

I don’t understand why you would use the z anyhow, s is easier to reach.

Personally, I think it’s so annoying WhEn PeOpLe TyPe LiKe ThIs.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited

r u crzy? u r jus jelus u tlk 2 much

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

r u crzy? u r jus jelus u tlk 2 much

I will find you and perform acts of unimaginable cruelty on yourself.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Just kidding, I hate it when people talk like that. :P

I’m sorry to bring it back to this subject, but I must.

“You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!”

and also

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

and also

“No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley!”

and still also

“HUMPERDINK! HUMPERDINK! HUMPERDINK!”

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Oh, god.

“inconceivable!”

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

“You are using Bonetti’s Defense against me, ah?”
    “I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.”
    “Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with Capa Ferro?”
    “Naturally…but I find that Thibault cancels out Capa Ferro. Don’t you?”
    “Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa…which I have.”

“You are wonderful.”
    “Thank you; I’ve worked hard to become so.”
    “I admit it, you are better than I am.”
    “Then why are you smiling?”
    “Because I know something you don’t know.”
    “And what is that?”
    “I… am not left-handed.”
    “You are amazing.”
    “I ought to be, after 20 years.”
    “Oh, there’s something I ought to tell you.”
    “Tell me.”
    “I’m not left-handed either.”

Who are you?
    “No one of importance.”
    “I must know.”
    “Get used to dissapointment.”

Have you ever considered a career in piracy?

My name is Guybrush Threepwood, and I am a mighty pirate!

Best episode ever: Princess Bride meets NCIS.

I am not making this up.

What?!

What episode is this?! TELL ME!!!!

Season 5, episode 4. Identity Crisis.

NO KIDDING! I must see this!

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009

“That Vizzini, he can fuss.”
    “Fuss, fuss… I think he like to scream at us.”
    “Probably he means no harm.”
    He’s really very short on charm”
    “You have a great gift for rhyme.”
    “Yes, yes, some of the time.”
    “Enough of that.”
    “Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?”
    “If there are, we all be dead.”
    “No more rhyming now, I mean it.”
    “Anybody want a peanut?”
    DYEEAAHHHHHH.”

XD

Love Fezzik. And Inigo. They’re an even better Dynamic Duo…than whoever the original Dynamic Duo was supposed to be.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009

I admittedly often wanted to punch Buttercup in the face. But she delivered her most melodramatic lines with such a deadpan face I couldn’t help but laugh.

They’re an even better Dynamic Duo…than whoever the original Dynamic Duo was supposed to be.

I believe the original was Batman and Robin.

Well, I like Batman but Fezzik+Inigo is pure win.

• CommentAuthorAri
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

Tv Tropes - when you start using the language in real life to describe things.