Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAmelie
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009

This is funny.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009 edited

Uhg, I just got Breaking Dawn from the library. And that picture is really annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAmelie

Yeah, that summary for Breaking Dawn was gross… but then it was just what actually happens in the book. I mean, who would even want to think about all that crap, let alone write a book about it knowing that 11-year old girls are probably going to read it? WTF, SMeyer?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Actually I didn't read past new Moon since I haven't read the books. :P

That is silly.

I’d forgotten about that article. Epic as ever, Cracked. The conclusion is hilarious. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Ahhh, Cracked. What could we ever do without it?

Puppet — SAVE YOURSELF. Don’t read the next two; especially not Breaking Dawn. Truly, cracked does a pretty good job of summing it up for you. Well, that and you’ll wish you didn’t have the ability to picture things in your mind… grimace

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009

I don't think I'll have the time to read them, I have to return War and Peace in 3 weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009 edited

Double post.

I'm...done with anything written by SMeyer. 0_o, because god she is a messed up @%$@*. Really I read everything on Cracked.com and WTF was she thinking? And I hope RB ditches the 3 movie.

Robert Pattinson

Unaware of the popularity of the book series or the insanity of its fanbase, the young actor signed on to play Edward Cullen in a three-movie contract deal in order to hit on to the lead actress. When he found out his mistake, Pattinson took to insulting the book and its author in interviews and appearing in public after long periods of not showering in order to avoid his fans. Of course, this didn't work. There is widespread speculation as to what Pattinson will try next, including possibly gaining 200 pounds and smearing his face with human excrement. We assume that Pattinson's agents are currently negotiating a deviation from the book in the second movie, in which Edward Cullen is unexpectedly killed by Lord Voldemort.

But really, How the $%^& can any human being like that series, it just says you should surrender your life to your abusive boyfriend.

I am glad that Alice and Jasper left, they seemed the most normal of all of the Vampires.
    • CommentAuthorTourniquet
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited

I am glad that Alice and Jasper left, they seemed the most normal of all of the Vampires.

@ Puppet: Carlisle and Esme seemed pretty normal too, but that’s just me.

Carlisle was too much of a pacifist for my liking. ;)

Carlisle was too much of a pacifist for my liking. ;)

At least that guy uses his powers for good, doesn’t he?

For all of Twilight’s faults, it at least let people know Spunk Ransom is actually a pretty cool guy. I’m sure that comes as cold comfort to him, with having to play a character he hates in a few more movies, but at least there’s a bright side.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

Spunk Ransom?
    Is that his real name?

At least that guy uses his powers for good, doesn’t he?

Meh, villains are more interesting. ;P

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

Spunk Ransom?
    Is that his real name?

I think she’s using that to refer to RPattz. Spunk Ransom is, for some reason, the name of a RPattz fansite.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited

Spunk Ransom?
    Is that his real name?

The way I understand it, it’s a nickname Pattinson gave himself arbitrarily.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited

Ah. That makes considerably more sense.
    Thanks for the knowledge!

Heheh, Spunk Ransom. If I ever need a pen name…

Lol. he hates that name apparently. He let it slip once, and the media (and fangirls!) jumped on it.

Puppet, I so would have loved to see that librarian’s face when you got Twilight out.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009

Puppet, I so would have loved to see that librarian’s face when you got Twilight out.

? I just picked it off the hold shelf and checked it out at the scanner. That way I avoid a rather uncomfortable and awkward situation. :P

• CommentAuthorMorvius
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited

Oh no...the things about her spine breaking etc. ...they actually happened?
    • CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009

Uh huh. Fun, no?

? I just picked it off the hold shelf and checked it out at the scanner. That way I avoid a rather uncomfortable and awkward situation. :P

Oh, sweet, you have those. At our library, you have to deal with REAL PEOPLE. SHOCK HORROR lol.

Morvius, everything you hear about Breaking Dawn is true. People take a perverse delight in not making anything up.

Her spine breaks? Owie.

Hold on a minute. Just how many people here haven’t read Breaking Dawn?

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009

I have. Unfortunately.

I have a PDF of it if anyone wants it.

...I read some of it.

Why must you sound so accusative? I LOST THE FILE. Wait, whoops crosses out.

Her spine breaks? Owie.

And then she’s a cripple forever! At least in my version she is…

I haven’t. That’s why I only comment on the first three books, and whenever the fourth comes up, I always mention that I haven’t read BD, therefore all my comments might not be accurate.

PDFs... that's kind of stealing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009

PDFs… that’s kind of stealing…

I’d‘ve just borrowed it from the library otherwise. I, personally, dislike reading things on computers (ow my eyes), but Breaking Dawn…wasn’t worth the effort.

<<
    >>

And it’s not as if I’m selling it. D:

No, but you’re taking away royalties from the author by not buying the book. And somebody else probably has it out from the library, making that argument null and void.

/het-up piracy rant.

Aww, come on. You’re acting like stealing from Stephenie Meyer is a bad thing.

It’s the concept of theft, I suppose.

Consider me neutral on the subject, but I thought that was the … problem Steph was ranting about.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009

No, but you’re taking away royalties from the author by not buying the book. And somebody else probably has it out from the library, making that argument null and void.

hides in shame?

._.

Meh, villains are more interesting. ;P

They really are. Villains are usually more screwed up too. Screwed up people are interesting.

I have read half of Twilight. I plan to read the rest of them because I like to see things for myself.

Have fun evil grin

I don’t really have a problem with getting media off the internet, so long as you actually go out and purchase said products after you’ve used a pirated version. If it’s something you like enough to download, it’s worth supporting the person/people responsible so they are able to make more.

Of course, that assumes that you’re the sort who stops reading/watching/playing something when you realize it’s not for you. I don’t really know what to think about getting stuff online just to snark about it.

I don’t really have a problem with getting media off the internet, so long as you actually go out and purchase said products after you’ve used a pirated version. If it’s something you like enough to download, it’s worth supporting the person/people responsible so they are able to make more.

I agree.

I agree with this. I was reading a forum where people were buying pirated copies of a TV show that hadn’t been released to DVD (nor was there a scheduled release date), and they all said that they would still buy the official DVDs when and if they came out.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009

Like with manga/anime- it can take years for some to show up translated into English, particularly if it’s not a hugely widespread series.

I agree with this. I was reading a forum where people were buying pirated copies of a TV show that hadn’t been released to DVD (nor was there a scheduled release date), and they all said that they would still buy the official DVDs when and if they came out.

I’ve said that about one of my favorite shows. I bought a bootleg DVD from someone but you better believe if the show was ever released in official, high quality format, I’d wait outside the store at midnight for a copy.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009

Yeah, there are some terrible cam versions of movies out there… if I did watch one of those (actually, I have tried… and found it virtually impossible. I’ll wait for the DVDs), I’d definitely be rewatching a proper DVD.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009

I usually download books as a substitute for the library because (a) I don’t have easy access to a library, and (b) the nearest library is tiny and has a very limited selection. If I like the book enough to reread it, I’ll go out and buy it. If not, I delete the file.