Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009

How did the Potter fans argue for Twilight though? Did they actually attempt the effort?

Maybe they just copied it down from places like this.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

The debate actually hasn’t happened. I just went to a informational meeting. I’m on Team Potter, though I was tempted very, very much to join Team Twilight. :P

The debate actually hasn’t happened. I just went to a informational meeting. I’m on Team Potter, though I was tempted very, very much to join Team Twilight.

You should have. Then your entire strategy could be:
    “We don’t have edward???” Then proceed to jump off the table.

I don’t think that Eve spent much time going on and on about how hot the forbidden fruit was.

“I looked at the apple. It was so ripe, so luscious, and yet so inedible, as if carved from marble. I licked its scintillating curves, sucked on its sparkling stem. It was so cool, so smooth, so delicious.

And then I bit it and got kicked out of Eden. BUT I STILL DID IT WITH THE APPLE!”

So, if Edward is the fruit, is Jacob Adam?

Re: the debate

Seventh’ed on filming it. FILM IT, FILM IT!

@ Puppet

Ah. Well, thanks for keeping us posted.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Maybe Charlie’s Adam. Who’s Satan/the serpent, then? Carlisle?

I dunno how much this helps.

But both men miss the allegory that is the heart of the Gospel that Mrs. Meyer is smuggling — the Fall of Man story retold in Edward and Bella’s romance — and that her Latter-day Saint perspective on the Fall is one of the great heresies that undermines Christian faith. In brief, the Fall according to Joseph Smith, Jr., and Brigham Young was not only a good thing (the Pelagian error) but a necessary and salvific thing because it forced Adam and Eve out of Eden and to begin their reproductive, married life.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

So being forced out from a paradise where no one had to work and bad things didn’t happen was a good thing?! I need to get my head checked.

Then again, that sort of logic does sound rather like Bella…

Question: What did they do in there?

According to the Bible, they just sort of walked around and ate, like animals or very small children. Like,

This is their brain: FLUFFY BUNNIES! And squirrels! And fruit, lots of fruit! I like the animals, we hug a lot.

This is their brain on apples: Eve is actually very attractive… no, this is BAD! We must HIDE!

According to D.H. Lawrence, they went at it like rabbits.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Yeah, but according to the Bible, sex had nothing whatsoever to do with the curse… where did that idea come from, anyway? Certainly not Genesis.

• CommentAuthorWitrin

The Amber Spyglass?

TEAM TWILIGHT BITCHES!

OK, no, sorry, just wanted to shock you… In any case, thanks for the info Puppet. :D

>Yeah, but according to the Bible, sex had nothing whatsoever to do with the curse… where did that idea come from, anyway? Certainly not Genesis.

Don’t forget that Eve would have “pain in childbirth” because of her sin. So why bother mentioning it at all, if there was no sex – and therefore no childbirth – to begin with?

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009

No, it was increase her pangs in childbirth. So there was already sex! Just no babies yet.

Yeah, but according to the Bible, sex had nothing whatsoever to do with the curse… where did that idea come from, anyway? Certainly not Genesis.

Well, to paraphrase Genesis: “And lo, they saw they were naked, and became ashamed. And so they sewed clothes for themselves out of fig leaves, and hid in the bushes, for they had done a terrible thing.”

It’s the transition from child to adult. When do we say a person has “become a (wo)man”?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009 edited

Wheeeee! Harry Potter won the debate! :D

I couldn’t really record it, but most of the Twilight argument was like “Twilight is better because it has good vampires.” I was rolling my eyes at most of their arguments. At the end they had the audience vote on which series they thought was better. Twilight: 19, Harry Potter: 44. They wouldn’t say how many of the 3 judges voted for Harry Potter. I kinda regret I didn’t read Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. They had a trivia contest and one of the prizes for Twilight was the cardboard Edward. They also had a band play a original song about Harry Potter vs. Twilight, it pretty much bashed Twilight and praised Harry Potter. I love HP fans, they were LOLing that the Edward Stalker and Jacob Pedo parts. I’m so glad I added those. :D

YAY!

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009

Mmmm… this would be an interesting debate for my school. I’m going to talk this over with my schoolmates and see if we can get a debate organized. We don’t have a cardboard cutout, but I think I could come up with something.

I kinda regret I didn’t read Eclipse or Breaking Dawn.

Don’t. Trust me, you know all you need to concerning the Twilight Saga. AND HARRY POTTER WON! YIPEEE! is happy that humanity has not yet died

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

Apparently the HP vs. Twilight debate was video recorded… there goes all my work on the article. :P

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

Whoa, Puppet looks different from my mental image. I don’t know if my mind can take the shock.

Why don’t you embed and post it on the front page Sly?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009 edited

Yeeah, I’m a bad debater.

<<
    >>

Why don’t you embed and post it on the front page Sly?

It will probably be up by tomorrow…

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Puppet is on Youtube! You’re famous now, of course.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

D:

But… but… I don’t want to be famous.

Ha, Hennepin County.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Here you go.

You are a horrible person. :D

(And thanks, saved me having to bully it out of him).

Thank you, Sly. You saved me from having to beg “Link it link it link it.”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

You are a horrible person. :D

(And thanks, saved me having to bully it out of him).

I hate you. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Oh man, you ruled. XD

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Not really… All of my teammates did the work of HP, I did all the Twilight work… so yeah. Didn’t do that much.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

That wasn’t on the video. :P

But the amount of laughs? Yeah. Ruled.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Oh, wait, there’re more parts? Good grief. I’ll watch those tomorrow later. The sound quality isn’t great.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yeah… the sound quality is pretty terrible. And I think Part II is actually Part III... because I couldn’t find Part II.

Somebody screenshot Puppet just because I’m a stalker and have no access to youtube.

I’ve got the audio to it working, though, and I’m giggling because you all have American accents.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

* Runs and hides *

._.

No, wait, it’s working partially. You DO look different, Puppet! I knew your age already

but in my head I always saw you as older.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Ummm, thanks...?

You’re actually bigger than I expected for a 12 year old AZN. Also, way to be a slick pimp and help the girl next to you with the mic in the opening. You were killing with the audience at the end of the first clip, too.

@Steph: Minnesota accents are typically closer to Canadian than whatever the stock “American” accent is. Puppet doesn’t really have a noticeable one from what I can hear.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Aw, Puppet. You make me so proud.

*tear*

@ Puppet: That is a compliment—you’ve always been quite mature on here.

@ sansa: but he’s AMERICAN!

But that’s like saying Americans can’t have Mexican accents, because they can. I spent all day with ones that had just such an accent.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Also, I’d like to thank all of you Imps here, I put in all the Twilight parts in the Opening and Closing speech. In other words, I wouldn’t have put in those parts, or participated in this debate had it not been for this site. xD

@ sansa: Point taken. Shut up.

Actually, I think I have to thank II for this as well. Not necessarily debates, but for giving me a leg up into the Twilight-sucks world.

I could have lived my whole life in ignorance.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

Me too. Twilight and Inheritance, actually.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Oh, and here’s the HP vs. Twilight song I was talking about a while back.

Someday, when I get a computer that can actually handle youtube, I’m going to go back through the II forum archives and watch EVERY SINGLE THING you guys have put up.

I’ll have to watch this later- it’s 11:41 and I should have been sleeping twenty minutes ago.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

@Steph – haha, my friend just got fast Internet… and has been spending almost every waking moment working her way through the entire Youtube archives.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Yay, seeing what internet people look like. That’s always fun. Puppet reminds me of someone, but I’m not sure who. Grrr, is too quiet to hear properly.

I always imagined Puppet with glasses, for some reason. o.O

Like this, right?

Yep. We should totally make a thread where we post pics of what we think other members look like. It might be funny.

Unless it’s stupid and a waste of time.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

Well I only come on II for purposes of productivity, so probably we shouldn’t.

Well I only come on II for purposes of productivity, so probably we shouldn’t.

Well I only come on II for purposes of limiting my productivity, so we probably should.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

I think sarcasm may be my weak point.

Yes, I think we should make said thread also.

Yeah, well, I think recognizing sarcasm may be my weak point.

That would be an interesting thread.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009 edited

We had one of those threads back at DEM. Somehow I ended up looking pretty mean most of the time.

@Steph – haha, my friend just got fast Internet… and has been spending almost every waking moment working her way through the entire Youtube archives.

DONOTTORMENTME!!!

We should totally make a thread where we post pics of what we think other members look like. It might be funny.

We should do this. I want to know what I look like. Unfortunately, I can’t draw, so…

You don’t really need to draw anything. Just find pictures on the internet that approximate your mental image the way Detective Conan does for Puppet.

It does, actually. That’s the scary thing. And the not-drawing sounds cool.

Ok…I guess I’ll start the thread?

Thanks, I was too lazy to do it myself.

So was I. ANd everybody else.

Lol, everyone’s going to come back and be like, “What the heck happened here?”

Puppet, you look much smaller than I thought. And the fact that everyone on Team Twilight was wearing twilight shirts made me laugh. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Hahaha, I saw one girl wearing this shirt:

Except, you know, minus the pedo bear.

Edward looks like he’s about to throw up and Bella looks like she has three legs.

Can’t they design a better poster?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Yeah, I mean for starters, pedobear should be Edward.

Shoddy workmanship.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Is it me, or does that fissure make it look like Bella has a tail?

They should both be pedobear(s)
    And don’t get me started on how silly RPayz looks….

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

They should both be pedobear(s)

Why? Jacob’s the same age as Bella.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Well, Jacob pedowolfs on Nessie, and keep in mind, Edward is 108 years old. Bella is 17. Pedovamp!

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Hah, yeah, but that’s not until Breaking Dawn… he’s positively dreamy in New Moon. <3

It really DOES look like she has a tail! LOL.

Yeah, for a second there I couldn’t figure out which was her leg and which was the fissure.

I still cant get over RPattz hair…. ahahaha