Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Oh, dear. Rock: It’s Your Decision.

Oh, dear. Rock: It’s Your Decision.

That’s the one!

brilliant piece of cinema.

Just watched a terrible, terrible Christian film about how rock music is evil.

....then what about Christian rock groups? Or are they just trying to infiltrate the genre from within and thus destroy it?

....then what about Christian rock groups? Or are they just trying to infiltrate the genre from within and thus destroy it?

CHRISTIAN ROCK IS INFLUENCED BY THE DEVIL.

They are in the service of Satan!

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2013

Oh wait. They Sold Their Souls was released in 2004?
    Rock: It’s Your Decision at least has the excuse of being originating in the 80’s.
    But goodness some of the dialogue…

• CommentAuthorDave
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2013

Just watched a terrible, terrible Christian film about how rock music is evil.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013

Just watched Cellular.

Chris Evans was fan-fucking-tastic. My god. Plot was a leeeetle contrived, but it actually made sense, for the most part. Really recommend it!

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013 edited

Couple films I have seen since December.
    Hugo Who know a movie about movies would be interesting. I quite enjoyed the story, but the history lover in me was absolutely fascinated and I spent some time after reading around to see how much was about the film-maker was true.

The Descent Meh.

So unfortunately, I was a little distracted when watching, but I feel it was just kinda average. I am willing to watch some pretty fantastically flawed films if there is something in it I find intriguing (Dreamscape for instance- clearly technically limited, but there is something in it that allowed me to ignore its limitations and simply enjoy the story.) This one- Just kinda whatever.

William Tyndale God’s Outlaw. This is no major block-buster with slick production, but I felt it was competently and simply told. I rather enjoyed this one- only an hour long.

MirrorMask Yes! Neil Gaimon is perhaps my favourite storyteller that I have never read a single book of his (also watched Coraline.) This is one of those films that has something intriguing about it that carries me all the way through. Maybe there’s flaws in it, I don’t know. But I really like being carried away into another world with bizarre rules, dream-like or otherwise just a little on the psychadelic side (Brazil amongst others.)

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013

"Plot details":http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/johnny-depp-starrer-transcendence-explores-nanotechnology-singularity-exclusive-68286 have emerged for _Transendence_, Wally Pfister's directorial debut.

It's now officially confirmed that "JJ Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII":http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/disney-jj-abrams-direct-star-wars-18321001.

Rear Window. How I love that movie. (And now my dormmates love it too!)

A Serbian Film. Not particularly disturbing, but not particularly enthralling either.

Finally got up my thoughts on Brave, sorry for the delay.

Just watched a terrible, terrible Christian film

Isn’t that redundant? (nah, j/k, there are SOME that are starting to improve, but i still offends me how often people think the “right religion” can cover for things like “plot” or “story” or “quality”)

It’s now officially confirmed that JJ Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII.

Hmmm… so the death star’s beam will now shoot from an apple logo? (actually, not sure how I feel about it yet)

Finally watched Time Bandits on Netflix. Seems like a lot of the movie was an excuse for cameo fodder (that was awesome – at least Sean Connery was in one decent sci-fi movie*). Although the final battle did show a lot of imagination and how good practical effects really can be. Didn’t find it as funny as some people implied it was. I don’t know, Terry Gilliam is just like Tim Burton (or at least, classic Burton) to me. I don’t regret watching the movies, but they never affect me emotionally.

Oh, and on Chuck’s recommendation, watched the Hogfather tv movies. (aka the British do Nightmare before Christmas) I did enjoy that a lot (helped that Death’s granddaughter is freakin’ hot) and… yeah the match girl bit may be a little cheesy, but it still works, dammit!

Ho Ho Ho

*highlander is canceled out by highlander 2.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2013

Nate, you ever read the book? Of Hogfather, I mean.

No, but based upon SF Debris’ recommendations, I may have to add Prachett to my 2-read list.

Yes, please do.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2013 edited

bq. Hmmm… so the death star’s beam will now shoot from an apple logo? (actually, not sure how I feel about it yet)

Well, stay dubious, but there are likewise a few things to take into consideration. Abrams isn't rebooting the movies and he isn't helming the entire new trilogy, so I wouldn't get nervous about lens flare madness and such. He's also not writing the script, and neither are Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. That means Episode VII probably won't turn out like _Super 8_, _Star Trek_, or _Mission: Impossible III_. That's all of his directorial films, by the way.

Don't forget that Lawrence Kasdan will be sort of overseeing the script, and Lucas will be serving the production as a creative consultant--more or less what he did on _Empire_ and _Jedi_.

Most crucially, to me, is that we're going to get either John Williams or Michael Giacchino for the score. Maybe both.

A Serbian Film. Not particularly disturbing, but not particularly enthralling either.

90% boring, 10% squick.

Like….it was gross, yeah. And unpleasant. But not even as shocking and disgusting as it’s supposed to be. And it’s completely predictable. IT WAS JUST REALLY STUPID OVERALL AND A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2013

we’re going to get either John Williams or Michael Giacchino for the score. Maybe both.

I’m okay with this.

What I’m concerned about isn’t the visuals. We all know Abrams can do gorgeous visuals, and no matter what you think about the prequels, the designs did look like Star Wars. So that stuff’s all fine. I’m purely worried about the story. It just needs to be great, is all.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2013 edited

The story is the real wild card, mainly because it's going to be a collaborative effort. Michael Arndt is writing it, Lawrence Kasdan will be consulting on script details, and Lucas will be the main creative consultant dude. Even without feeling cautiously optimistic, I can't see it being any worse than Return of the Jedi or even A New Hope.

I'm more leery about Abrams double-dipping from his Trek cast.

I also want to point out how much I'm devolving into a fanboy over all this. As a kid, Episodes 7-9 were rumored just as heavily as Episodes 1-3. Once the prequels were underway, 7-9 slipped into obscurity; they sort of became a myth of Star Wars fandom and the film industry in general. To have them not only announced, but definitively dated for release within the next few years....it's turning me into a six-year-old all over again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I first heard about 7-9 several years ago and always thought it was a pity that, you know, they never were going to actually get made. It does seem very surreal to be told that yes, they really are getting made.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2013 edited

And so soon. Lucas was a monumental tease for decades. Rumor was, he had up to 12 episodes planned at various times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Nate, did you read the one about how the non-Lucas sequels are a very good thing?

But it’s from Cody Johnson! (lol j/k, he’s totally right)

You know, I used to be kind of cold to Wall-E.
    Leave it to SF debris to change my mind:
    http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/wall-e-review-part-1-6516184
    http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/wall-e-review-part-2-6516198

I’m wondering what the official, Lucasarts commissioned, extended universe works are going to become. Like Heir to the Empire. Screw the rest, what about Zahn’s stuff?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Lucas has always said EU wasn’t quite canon. I doubt they’re going to make much effort to make them align… sadly.

On the plus side, all this discussion has gotten me to reread the Thrawn Trilogy. Which I maintain is great.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013

There are three pieces of EU fiction I'd love to see hit the bit screen: Shadows of the Empire, the Thrawn Trilogy, and anything with Kyle Katarn.

But, yeah, I don't see any of the upcoming episode taking much, if anything, from the EU canon. I'm with swenson: Lucas pretty much views it as Parallel Universe Star Wars.

KYLE KATARN FOR THE WIN!!! (seriously I loved the dark forces series)

His beard destroys planets.

Actually I’m hoping they would do the Star Wars Legacy route and just have the stories take places a generation or two after the first 3. (in SW:L case, it’s story is with Cade Skywalker, Luke’s grandson and luke shows up as a force ghost)

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013

Well, let's see. The two current trilogies are separated by, what, thirty-some years? That's pretty close to real-world territory for Hamill, Fisher, and Ford. Plus, I think it'd be cool to catch up with a wizened Jedi Master Skywalker, decked out with an Obi-Wan-esque beard. But that's just me. I also don't know how much control Lucas actually has over these movies. Unless I missed a tidbit in the news, he's only named Kathleen Kennedy as his successor and sold Lucasfilm; it was Disney that opted to move forward with the new trilogy. I'm also not sure if he'll be taking on an active role in production, or if he'll be filling in on a "call if you need me" basis. I mean, keep his hands off the script and his keester out of the director's chair, sure, but Star Wars sprang from his imagination.

But, man, I've been hoping to see other directors take a stab at Star Wars lore. Joe Johnston directing a Rogue Squadron movie, Sir Ridley Scott directing a Republic Commando movie, Guillermo del Toro directing a Yuuzhan Vong movie, Christopher Nolan directing the Thrawn trilogy, Martin Scorsese directing a Coruscant underworld movie, Peter Jackson tackling the actual Knights of the Old Republic era.

/fanboy

Rocky….

I endorse your ideas.

Hmm… did we have a comic book thread once upon a time?

Anyway, a riddle.

http://cheezburger.com/7008008960

Brilliant, or F’N brilliant??

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013

I feel like we did, and then it fell into obscurity.

I’ll start a new one, but it will be about anything with a combination of words and pictures. Comic books are comic books, regardless of their subject matter.

That picture was weird, Nate.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2013

Now it looks as though "Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will be working on standalone Star Wars films":http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-standalone-films-lawrence-418421. Apparently, these will be spinoffs inspired by characters from the mythos. No specific characters were mentioned.

Now that I'm thinking of it: a Boba Fett movie scripted by those two, directed by Ridley Scott. That'd be a midnight opener for me.

I don’t know… Bobba always seems to work better when he’s kept as guest star, not main feature.

Although the Bobba Fett holiday special…

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2013 edited

Heh, well, get ready. Entertainment Weekly is saying the two standalone films are going to focus on Boba Fett and young Han Solo.

Huh.

Going to try and get to a movie this weekend: Hansel & Gretel, or Silver Linings Playbook?

• CommentAuthorDave
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2013

Go with Hansel and Gretel. SLP is . . . well, it’s almost good.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I keep hearing the title of Silver Linings Playbook, because it’s a very neat title, but I have no idea what it’s actually about. Sounds vaguely… inspirational? If that’s a genre of movie.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

It’s the “indie drama with funniness derived from interactions” type genre. Which is odd, because all the trailers and the poster make it look like a film about a stalker or something.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Huh. Doesn’t really sound like my kind of movie. I still love the title, though.

Going to try and get to a movie this weekend: Hansel & Gretel, or Silver Linings Playbook?

Everything I’ve heard says you’ll get exactly what you expect out of H&G.

Which is why I’d love to go see it.

And look, this is SLP in 10 minutes. There, I saved you a twenty.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

Unless Film Crit Hulk lied to me, and he never has before, Silver Linings Playbook is a romantic(I think?) movie about characters dealing with mental illness, and the ending is insincere/contrived in a way that might frustrate you if it’s important to you that films remain thematically consistent.

Hansel & Gretel is the dullest-looking movie I’ve ever been made aware of by advertising.

So the real question is whether or not you have other options besides these two.

I’m really interested in both, honestly. SLP has Jennifer Lawrence, who I’ve heard very good things about but never yet seen. H&G looks absolutely hilarious, plus has hunky Jeremy Renner (yes, I dragged a cousin and his friend to see Bourne Legacy for this reason. Shush, they thought it was because I was being considerate and taking them to a movie with car chases).

I’m really interested in both, honestly. SLP has Jennifer Lawrence, who I’ve heard very good things about but never yet seen. H&G looks absolutely hilarious, plus has hunky Jeremy Renner.

And Gemma Arterton in it for the guys. =D

I heard SLP was pretty stupid and involved less Jennifer Lawrence and more Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper is only average on the Hollywood scale of Hunkdom (almost unattractive), but Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous and a better actor. His character also sounds like a self-involved moron who shouldn’t take up so much time in the movie, but his bullshit makes the heroine do stupid things.

EDIT: It also features Robert De Niro in another one of his stupid old men roles. When is he going to be in something halfway decent again?

EDIT: It also features Robert De Niro in another one of his stupid old men roles. When is he going to be in something halfway decent again?

His funeral?

Just watched Jesus Christ Superstar for the 100 millionth time

How the hell did this movie get away with a G rating?

Because Jesus + music = Supposedly wholesome?

nothing says g-rated like flogging, crucifixion, and suicide!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2013

I finally got around to seeing V for Vendetta.

It was okay.

How the hell did this movie get away with a G rating?

Ratings were a lot looser back in the day. The 1968 Romeo and Juliet was originally rated G despite Juliet’s underage boobs and Romeo’s approximately 17 minute long nude scene.

WOW. Seriously? How/why is naked for so long???

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

approximately 17 minute long nude scene

I don’t think it’s actually that long, it just feels like it’s that long.

No, not seriously. I was exaggerating for effect. I probably should’ve picked a bigger number, though. Romeo’s ass is still onscreen for an uncomfortably long time, though. It’s Roadhouse-esque.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

God, I remember that scene. Half a second of Juliet topless, but an agonizingly long time staring at Romeo’s pasty white ass. That was not what I wanted to see as freshman in high school.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

As my English teacher put it, “Don’t worry, it’s not frontal nudity. Just really ugly man butt.”

Man butt is not inherently ugly. Leonard Whiting was young and firm. Man butt can be cute, just like woman butt can be cute.

My freshman English teacher said he had a cute butt. Most of the teachers at our school day fast-forwarded through the butt, but not mine. I believe that movie is still only PG because PG-13 was not around yet.

...We’ve discussed this scene before on here.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013

Saw Oz the Great and Powerful. Really good movie, and in adds some interesting depth to characters in the original film. There’s also some nice shout-outs as well.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Really? Oh, that’s nice to hear. I was concerned it’d be stupid by trying to add all sorts of things to make it more “adult” or something that wouldn’t work at all.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

There is one bit where they start doing a musical number, only for the main character to pretty much go, “No, please stop. Seriously, stop.”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Haha, that sounds pretty good.

I saw it on Sunday and thought it was pretty solid. I didn’t love some of the dialogue(it got really on the nose at points), but some of the performances elevated it.

Also there’s a scene at the end of the climax that’s pretty much Sam Raimi going HEY MOTHERFUCKERS DID YOU FORGET I WAS DIRECTING THIS MOVIE and it owned.

• CommentAuthorGryphtalon
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013

I saw Oz last night; it was better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed it, although I wasn't that fond of the Wicked Witch's reason for turning to the Dark Side.

Also, I liked the soundtrack, but that's probably because I tend to love minor-key music boxes...

^ I heard it was really bad, but the fact that you guys seemed to like it is heartening.

I wasn’t that fond of the Wicked Witch’s reason for turning to the Dark Side.

Yeah, from what I’ve heard, it sounds stupid.

I bought it because Mila Kunis made me buy it.

I saw "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" the other day. It was great mindless fun that I could just switch my brain off and enjoy.

I finally saw Pulp Fiction.

I’m wanting to watch H&G. Then see a crossover with it, Van Hellsing, and that brothers Grimm movie.

Perhaps they all decide to fight C’thulhu.

•  
      CommentAuthorlilyWhite
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013

Just watched Wreck-It Ralph and loved it. Laughed a lot, and the plot, while cheesy and formulaic, was good. (A lot of the laughs were slapstick, though I like slapstick—especially one scene in particular with Calhoun that still makes me giggle. Though I do wonder what my opinion on it would be if I wasn’t able to recognize 90% of the characters from real video games; I had to explain a few to my girlfriend, like the use of:

Heat is really, really long and rather confusing. Characters not played by Al Pacino and Robert De Niro lack nuance.

Batman: Year One wasn’t bad. Bryan Cranston voiced Jim Gordon, which in retrospect is kind of interesting when you consider his current starring role. It followed the comic book to the letter in a manner that was very impressive, but ruined any suspense. I was surprised they went through with the Detective Essen subplot.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013

I was surprised they went through with the Detective Essen subplot.

Did they really? I thought that was an important part of the original story, to be honest (it adds a lot of depth to Jim—he’s no more an angel than anybody else, just he takes responsibility for his misdoings), but it seems like the first thing to be lost if things were being cut.

I did hear it was a good adaptation, though, so I guess what they thought was important was the same as me. :) And a ruination of suspense is almost inevitable when it comes to any direct adaptation.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013 edited

The Call. Sufficiently stressful, though the ending did stray out of character. Halle Berry is a babe.

•  
      CommentAuthorAzure

lilyWhite, I just watched Wreck-It Ralph too! I was expecting good old cheesy comedy, but…wow. Nobody told me that it would break your heart. I can add this one to my “almost cried” list.

Also, I totally agree that if you don’t understand the references, it’s not funny. My friend’s not a gamer, so she didn’t get many of the references.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiel
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013 edited

Been wanting to see Cloud Atlas for a while now, but not sure if it’s worth it. The reviews are highly polarized, and it’s ~3 hrs long, but I would gladly sit through that if it’s actually a decent art film. Anyone here seen it/recommend it?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I saw it last week. I’d never heard of it before watching it and had no idea what it was about, but I ended up really enjoying it. It’s quite long and difficult to see any significant relationship between the separate storylines until nearly the very end, but each of the threads is interesting and thought-provoking in it’s own way, and the characterization is super interesting considering the six or eight main actors were recycled into an amazing variety of roles in each respective time period. I’d recommend it.

Note – I watched a Russian bootlegged version of it with Korean subtitles, so I feel like maybe I missed some of the storyline that might have actually had English subtitles in the American version (the parts where someone’s speaking a foreign language and the parts set in the future where the English dialect is super super hard to understand). So you’ll probably be better off.

Kurosawa movies are streaming for free on Hulu this weekend. They are better than anything else you’d be seeing instead.

• CommentAuthorDave
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013

They are better than anything else you’d be seeing instead.

Really? (Not being sarcastic, I’m just curious).

Most probably. Kurosawa owns.

• CommentAuthorDave
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013

Most probably. Kurosawa owns.

To Netflix I go.

Batman and Robin.

I’m not a comics fan, so I guess I wasn’t as offended as others might be…but if the purpose of the movie was entertainment, then boy, did it succeed with flying colors. I haven’t laughed so hard in ages.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013

But did you see the… BAT CREDIT CARD???

Snow White and the Huntsman.

Meh. They didn’t give Chris Hemsworth enough to work with, Kristen Stewart was ok, Charlize Theron was WHAT THE HELL SO VERY HAMMY. The creepy brother was pointless, the dialogue was cheesy, and the action didn’t feel like it had any purpose or significance. I am disappoint.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

First review of The Host I’ve come across. In short, it’s shit. But you already knew that – it’s based off a Stephanie Meyer book.

If you live under a rock like me and haven’t seen Lincoln yet, do yourself a favor and watch it with subtitles. It helps.

Anyway, I’m a sucker for musty history movies, so I quite liked it, except the end. I was kind of ticked off by how obviously they treated the assassination, though. They could have done that so much better. Also, JGL’s facial hair would have been historically inaccurate if it weren’t there, but damn it was distracting.

Also, the quality of insults in the House has markedly declined. What a shame.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013

I watched Up in the Air last night.

It was very disappointing. It reminded me of The Life of Pi in that it tried to use its “quirkiness” and “life lessons” to distract you from how lackluster, empty and flat the plot and story is. George Clooney was excellent, of course, as was Anna Kendrick, but the story was boring and the ending just felt like a slap in the face.

Would not recommend.

Saw The Hunger Games. It felt kind of awkward and clunky in chunks, but overall liked it. Much better than the book.

•  
      CommentAuthorThea

I saw the newest Die Hard movie last night. At first, I was confused about what was going on plot-wise, and then things started blowing up and everything made sense again. But I’ve never seen so many cars destroyed in such a short period of time.

Just watched the version of King Lear with Ian Mckellen

Dear God that ending….

sobs

I think I have a new favorite website.

(now if I can just get my internet fixed)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013

I re-watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon for the first time in years tonight. It’s my second favorite film of all time behind Seven Samurai. Such a masterpiece. It will hold a special place in my heart forever.

It felt kind of awkward and clunky in chunks, but overall liked it. Much better than the book.

Yeah… i complained about how there were a few culture notes that really should have been ironed out first. It’s not a bad movie, but some plot details needed more work.

But I’ve never seen so many cars destroyed in such a short period of time.

You’ve never watched Blues Brothers?

•  
      CommentAuthorThea
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013

You’ve never watched Blues Brothers?

I’m guessing “what’s Blues Brothers?” is a stupid question. But I don’t really watch many movies.

Ah.

103 cars were wrecked during filming. At time of release, this was a world record, not beaten until 104 cars were wrecked in filming ‘Blues Brothers 2000 (1998)’.

source

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013

Once more cancelling my absence to say that 'Jurassic Park 3D' was _awesome_.

I've actually seen, for the first time, a movie in which 3D makes sense and is striking in its sense of depth. Get a film where the director isn't terrified of _keeping the camera still_. It works best when the cinematography isn't slapdash and the action isn't frantic. Spielberg and the conversion artists did an outstanding job. The T-Rex paddock scene actually made my hair stand on end, especially that final shot of the Rex roaring right toward the screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2013

I was just having a conversation about that movie today, coincidentally enough, and the very thing I mentioned was that I hoped the 3D would be done well! Glad to hear it was. :)

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2013

The highlight for me was the T-Rex attack scene. There's an unbelievable sense of layering and depth: the foliage, the fence, the cars, the rain on the windows, the actors, the seating. In fact, that shot where the Rex leans down to peer inside and Lex's flashlight shines in its eye and its pupil shrinks--that was actually a bit unsettling because of how effective the 3D was.

And then there's sound. They retooled the sound to make it just as three-dimensional as the visuals and _boy_ does it work. Watching the three-dimensional Rex roar as a challenge to the flare-waving Grant was intense, but to hear an immediate and just-as-loud echo of that roar behind me? Woah.

Awww, I’m glad it’s good. My brother went to see it yesterday and he was really excited about it, because he used to be OBSESSED with dinosaurs.