Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I’m going to see Brave. I’m not expecting to be wowed, as I’ve heard decidedly mixed things. Which is really disappointing, because a) Pixar seems to just be on a bad swing lately when I’ve come to expect better and b) I’d really hoped that their first female lead would have a kickass movie comparable to Nemo or Ratatouille. We’ll see how it goes.

EDIT: I really liked it. I think I’ll go so far as to say I really liked it, and don’t understand why it’s getting a lackluster critical rap. It’s not an instant classic like some of the other Pixar movies, but I think Merida, the protagonist, was done very well. Not to mention her mom- Disney/Pixar finally had a movie with a mom in it who does stuff! (I guess Andy’s mom was around, but she was so marginal she doesn’t really count.) And the animation was gorgeous! The opening shots were photorealistic, and the nature was just wonderfully rendered.

There actually wasn’t anything big I’d change about the story at all. The villain was a bit underbaked, maybe, and it felt short, but those are my only criticisms. In short, I definitely recommend seeing Brave.

•  
      CommentAuthorLeliel
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012

I have a feeling we’ll be seeing some sort of director’s cut for Prometheus, Leliel.

I have a feeling you’re right :)

What was cut from Prometheus?
    A lot. According to Collider there is about 20 to 30 minutes of deleted scenes Ridley wants to include in the DVD release.

There certainly was a lot of stuff they could have added in parts to flesh things out, and I’ve heard great things about the DC of Kingdom of Heaven, soooo…

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012 edited

I liked Ridley's response to the question about the movie's opening, because the ambiguity brought me to the same conclusion.

I'm sort of mesmerized at how this movie has created such a stir of speculation, and it really comes down to analyzing the all details of the film itself--visual and otherwise. I've trawled a few Prometheus-centric forums and there isn't a splinter of the film that isn't being analyzed, and yet no definitive conclusions have been drawn in any way. There are more highly-detailed theories about specific aspects of the film than I have fingers and toes. Honestly, I found the sum of _Prometheus_ and its unanswered questions more tantalizing that that final shot in _Inception_.

The ending of Inception was a cheap trick. It was a dream.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012

I’ve gone back and forth on that one, and I have to say, I completely disagree. It’s reality. If it’s not, then the entire movie is moot, because his wife isn’t actually dead.

On the other hand, it doesn’t ultimately matter, as the thematic point is that he’s gotten over his wife’s death and doesn’t care whether he’s in a dream or not.

On the other hand, it doesn’t ultimately matter, as the thematic point is that he’s gotten over his wife’s death and doesn’t care whether he’s in a dream or not.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I took away.

I saw Prometheus. I liked it, but I agree about the plot holes. I’m glad that some things might be clearer with the deleted scenes on the DVD. I thought that most of the acting was good too, but it bugged me that the characters did some things that were just stupid and that I didn’t buy that people in their positions would do. It was a much better movie than I was expecting, though.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012 edited

bq. ...it bugged me that the characters did some things that were just stupid and that I didn’t buy that people in their positions would do.

The two big ones for me:

bq. It’s not an *instant classic* like some of the other Pixar movies....

Unfortunately, that's become the expectation with Pixar, and thus the lackluster appraisal for 'Brave'. I haven't seen it yet, so can neither confirm nor deny, though I think Disney may have negatively impacted. Methinks they threw all their dice in with 'The Avengers' and just let their other releases flounder (i.e. 'John Carter').

@Nomad

@Brave
    I haven’t seen it either, but from the previews, it doesn’t really look like a Pixar movie to me. It looks more Dreamworks for some reason.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012

@ Platypus:
    • CommentAuthorNo One

On an unrelated note, I watched Salt last night. When I first watched it, I didn’t like it and left the movie 1/4 of the way through. Now that I’ve seen the whole movie, it’s not too bad, especially since I was watching with my brain switched off. Aside from the few inconsistencies in the movie (e.g. Salt somehow becomes miraculously clean in the car when before, she was covered with dust from the crypt explosion), it wasn’t too bad, and I liked the story of kid-raised-as-Russian-spy-turned-American-double-agent-spy. There was a couple of twists that I didn’t see coming, but the movie was mostly predictable.

It’s a nice movie if you want action, twists, trickery and spies set in two different worlds, with an interesting background that heavily influences the actions of all the characters, but I think the movie could’ve been better in some way.

2001: A Space Odyssey.

Well, THAT was a confusing movie. I really liked most of it, but the end was baffling.

The novel really helps understand what’s going on. It’s been years since I read it, though. But the original script includes the cut narration that explains A LOT of things.

And regarding Inception’s ending:

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

What I really liked about Salt was that, to my memory, there was about zero exposition in the whole thing. It helped it keep a very good pace and intensity.

•  
      CommentAuthorLeliel

Salt was all right, but I remember wondering how Ebert found it four-starrable. I may not agree with the man all the time, but I can usually at least understand his reasoning for liking something that much.

Full Metal Jacket

It was rather distressing and horrific, to be honest. Though I expected as much, considering the subject matter.

The novel really helps understand what’s going on. It’s been years since I read it, though. But the original script includes the cut narration that explains A LOT of things.

Oooh, thanks for the link!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012

2001: A Space Odyssey was a fairly trippy book, especially with the end, but never having seen the movie, I’ve never gotten the whole “sooo confusing!” thing. What was confusing about it? What didn’t they answer?

Then again, I read the entire series, so it’s all mushed together in my head, and the answers you’re looking for might have come up in a later book and I just don’t remember which book they’re from.

What didn’t they answer?

Everything. There’s a lot of showing, but no telling at all. Like, what was the trippy coloured sequence? Why did he turn into a baby-thing? What exactly were the monoliths?

Watched The Princess Bride with my family at the Movie Tavern tonight. It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen it, but I remembered pretty much every line except for a few of Fezzik’s more garbled ones. It’s funny seeing just how much of that movie leaks into my writing. Also the food was awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012

Re: 2001: I guess some of those things weren’t totally explained in the book either… the baby thing was him ascending to a higher plane of existence, triggered by the beings who created the monoliths, as I recall (did they leave in the hotel room bit?), and the monoliths… I guess those weren’t really explained. Except they can turn gas giants into mini-suns (but that’s like book 2 or 3).

Everything. There’s a lot of showing, but no telling at all. Like, what was the trippy coloured sequence? Why did he turn into a baby-thing? What exactly were the monoliths?

Yeah, this.

It pretty much made sense (except for the unexplained monoliths) until the trippy coloured sequence…

And we don’t know anything about who created the monoliths….after the trippy coloured sequence, he’s in this room and in each shot he’s older, until he’s that baby thing.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Ahaha, I’ve got a story to tell you guys.

I believe I read this in the author’s prologue to Rendevous with Rama, or maybe a Clarke short story collection, or an anniversary edition of 2001.

The person writing the prologue knew Clarke well in private life, and went to dinner at his house once or twice. At one point, he says he asked him the ‘question everyone always wonders: what did the ending of 2001 (the Kubrick movie) mean?’ (paraphrase)

Arthur responded: I have no idea.

Pressed for further detail, he says that right toward the end of the shooting, there was a lot of tension on the set regarding various artistic decisions. He’d been brought on as a consultant, since it was his story, but he was starting to get sick of the constant fighting between the producer and Kubrick. They began a furious argument with Clarke present that went on so interminably that he just left and never came back, and the movie’s shooting wrapped without him. So even the author of the original book has no idea what it means.

I love telling that story. I forget where I read it, but I remember it quite well.

There’s an Anna Karenina movie coming out in November?! I was not aware of this. Anyway, not sure how I feel about Keira Knightley as Anna. She has an obvious British accent and it’s kind of weird.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@Inkblot – that is a pretty great story. The two were written at the same time, but I never knew that the endings were done separately!

@Inkblot hahaha, that’s awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012

Magic Mike has a Metascore of 71.

What.

What.

What.

• CommentAuthorRocky

"Shirtless Channing Tatum" is the new "Shirtless Taylor Lautner".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

“Shirtless Channing Tatum” is the new “Shirtless Taylor Lautner”.

But Taylor Lautner didn’t get good reviews.

Hey, it was directed by Steven Soderbergh. It’s entirely possible that it’s a decent movie.

• CommentAuthorRocky

They've acclimated, which should be our cue for retaliation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

Hey, it was directed by Steven Soderbergh. It’s entirely possible that it’s a decent movie.

The fact that it’s getting good reviews is my cue to think it might be good, but still. It’s a movie about male strippers. That’s good.

What.

Maybe it’s self-aware and runs with the ridiculous-ness of the whole idea. I could see that happening.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

"RIP Andy Griffith":http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/03/showbiz/andy-griffith-dead/index.html.

Anyone see the new Spiderman movie?

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012

Watched _The Hunter_, which I quite enjoyed. Willem Dafoe is infinitely watchable and very apt at carrying a silent screen presence. The photography was gorgeous; would definitely like to visit Tasmania someday.

I saw the Doctor Who movie. Meh, I say. Meh.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012

I saw the Doctor Who movie. Meh, I say. Meh.

Which one? Or is it a new one?

/confuzzled.

The one with the CGI snake and cool-looking TARDIS.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

The one with the CGI snake and cool-looking TARDIS.

...Oh.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

The Amazing Spider-Man.

It was… ok?

• CommentTimeJul 11th 2012

Sorry to double post. BUT NEW HOBBIT PHOTOS.

Please excuse me, I’m going to go freak out now.

Please excuse me

no

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

I like the variety of weapons being shown. In LOTR all the cultures were really sort of stereotyped weapons-wise, all the elves had the same style and design of sword or dagger, Gimli only ever seemed to have axes, all the orcs (understandably) had the same mass-produced machete thing, and all the humans had pretty much the same type of sword. I like the fact that in The Hobbit some more thought has been put into dwarvish warfare and weaponry, and the fact that no culture anywhere only has one or two types of weapon. I’m interested to see Nori’s staff-mace in action.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012 edited

Well, at least Gimli was always described as using an axe, while Thorin was described as using the sword Orcrist, so they had to at least have that much variety. And I believe they got bows from Beorn?

The flaming fir trees are pretty excellent, but I’ll be honest, my favorite part is Beorn. Because Beorn is just cool.

See, Beorn is kind of like a less pointless Tom Bombadil (I actually like Tom Bombadil, thankyouverymuch, but you have to admit, in the long run of things, his contribution to the story was relatively minor). He’s something that can’t really be explained by everything else you know about the world. He’s human, apparently, but why can he shapeshift? The Silmarillion offers no answers, and as far as I know, none of Tolkien’s other writings do either. He’s just sort of there, hinting that the world is even more complex than previously thought, even if he does only appear in the lighter, more random Hobbit instead of LotR. And that’s what I love about Tolkien’s world, because there’s no nice and neat pinned down explanation for how everything works. Most of it is a total mystery, even to beings as wise, old, and powerful as Gandalf or Saruman.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012 edited

No, I was talking about the movies. In the books there are a wide variety of weapons being described, but in the movies, as I said, all the elves had the same three weapons (curvy sword, curvy dagger, bow and arrows), all the humans had pretty much the same style of longsword, all the uruks had the exact same scimitar, and I’m pretty sure all the Easterlings and Haradrim had the exact same kit, as well. Now, I’m not complaining too much, because at least three of those examples were professional armies, and the thing about armies is that they all have the same standard gear, but it’s nice to see a little more variety when it comes to personal weapons.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

OK, I see what you meant now. It’s a good point. I like how distinct they made the dwarves anyway, so weapons would be an excellent addition to that.

• CommentAuthorRocky

!http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Matt-Damon-Elysium-Gun-570x336.jpg!

_Elysium_
    1 March 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

OooOOooh, what a very nice gun you have there, sir.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012

Jackie Chan’s Chinese Zodiac Trailer

A globe trotting, treasure hunting adventure. Written, directed, produced, and action choreographed by Jackie Chan.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012

That looks amazing.

Nolan Batman marathon at the movie tavern. Badass.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012

_The Dark Knight Rises_

Spectacular on nearly every level. Go see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012 edited

An American Tale on DVD.

OMG, Fievel! D:

•  
      CommentAuthorTheArmada
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012

Anyone else here marveled at The Dark Knight Rises yet?

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach

I was underwhelmed by it, actually.

• CommentAuthorRocky

I was satisfied overall, but I found a few bits and pieces underwhelming.

Spoilers:
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheArmada

Agreed on the Bane point.

I just saw it tonight!

I agree with the Bane point as well, but overall I rather liked it.

I mean, I know nothing about Bane, being only familiar with movie!Batman (both the 80’s ones and the new ones, and none of the animated canon).

I kinda want to see it again, and I feel like I need to re-watch Batman Begins because it’s been a few years and I completely forgot about stuff.

Also that guy from Torchwood was in it. Weird.

Spoilers:

But I can say that I liked it. Quite a bit, actually.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Spoiler:

Le Spoiler:

•  
      CommentAuthorTheArmada
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012

I cried during that scene, and when they told us Bane’s backstory (before the reveal)

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012

I have to say, what surprised me most of all is how Nolan has raised the stakes as high as he did. _Batman Begins_ started with a sturdy, action-punctuated character study and it built all the way to a full-blown battle in the third act of _The Dark Knight Rises_. And, to me, it doesn't feel forced or cheated.

By the way, I was practically shaking with adrenaline during the third act. That hasn't happened to me since the train battle at the end of _Batman Begins_.

I just saw Batman again!

Couple a things bugging me:

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012

Inspector:

• CommentTimeJul 24th 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

I felt like the entire movie was a slow, slow process of my heart being dragged from my chest into my throat, and then released through my tear ducts.

• CommentTimeJul 25th 2012

Something that must be mentioned: Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman kicked an unholy amount of ass.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012 edited

Not having been terribly familiar with Bane's backstory, I decided to dig up some details and found something really interesting between his comic book origins and Hardy's Bane. Apparently, in the comics, Bane eventually discovers his father is a character called King Snake, aka Sir Edmund Dorrance, an English mercenary. Methinks that was used as the basis for Hardy's not-so-Latino performance.

bq. Something that must be mentioned: Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman kicked an unholy amount of ass

See, here’s my thought. If Bane is supposed to be from anywhere other than England… a lot of non-native English speakers, who have learned from English people (not Americans) tend to have an English accent. So… I’m ok with it.

• CommentAuthorRocky

It didn't bother me one bit, but after having gone through the source material Chris Nolan, Jonah Nolan, and David Goyer used for the previous films, I thought that was far too cool to be coincidental.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012 edited

The Dark Knight Rises, first impressions:

First of all, that was a good movie. I concede The Dark Knight is probably better and that the Joker is the best villain of the trilogy, but it was still a seriously enjoyable movie.

Now for the spoiler stuff:

I wrote all of that without reading other comments (much), so now, having read them all, I would like to devote a second hidden section to Catwoman.

In short, I take back every single possible doubt I had about Anne Hathaway and Christopher Nolan pulling off Catwoman, because they succeeded beautifully.

@Rocky – ohhh, you know, I had totally forgotten about King Snake until you brought that up! I read those issues, but it’s been forever.

EDIT: Also @Rocky:

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012

@swenson

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012

@Rocky

Okay, I’m going to swim a bit against the current here and say that I’m kind of disappointed with The Dark Knight Rises. This may be because I didn’t have subtitles (which are, for these kinds of movies, absolutely essential for me to understand anything) and need multiple viewings to fully appreciate it. I didn’t understand the significance of a lot of the characters (who were those two old men in the pit? For that matter, what was the deal with the pit?) and felt that others were developed sketchily, if at all.

I realize I’m in the minority here, and my opinions may change with another (subtitled) viewing. But for now, I think I’ll stick to loving Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012

bq. I think I’ll stick to loving _Batman Begins_ and _The Dark Knight_.

That's probably why you were disappointed with TDRK, and that's not a bad thing. Those two films combined can unconsciously set sky-high expectations for anyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheArmada

TDKR had potential to top TDK. Bane could’ve been smarter than the joker, more physically impressive, and worst of all; had an army to do his plans. He fell so short. Also, was anyone disappointed there wasn’t an actual earthquake?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Meh. Did there need to be an earthquake? I think everyone just assumed there’d be one because of No Man’s Land.

sky-high expectations

Eh, I’m not sure my expectations were sky-high. I wasn’t expecting Bane to top the Joker or for it to be THE BEST MOVIE EVER, but I was expecting a tightly-plotted, logical, compelling storyline, which I don’t think is too much to ask, especially of Nolan.

I mean, I liked it, and maybe it will grow on me, but I found it unsatisfying on the whole.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012 edited

I think I've gotten about as close to a full-blown geek out as I'll ever get. Prior to a one-time airing on AMC and its release on a 50th anniversary blu-ray collector's set, "the 4K digital restoration of _Lawrence of Arabia_ will be re-released in theaters for a limited time, starting 4 October":http://collider.com/lawrence-of-arabia-directors-cut-release/181806/.

bq. Meh. Did there need to be an earthquake? I think everyone just assumed there’d be one because of No Man’s Land.

• CommentAuthorDeborah
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012 edited

I just saw Beauty and the Beast and Mulan at my grandmother’s house. They were great. I think I liked Mulan best.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012 edited

Aw yeeeah, Mulan. She is super awesome and arguably the best Disney girl, because she’s both badass and not an idiot.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

Mulan is awesome.

LET’S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
    TO DEFEAT... THE HUNS!
    raaaah!

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

Mulan did spawn That Man Song, which remains a revered bro meme/rallying cry.

AS FURIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE

OF THE MOOOOOOOOOOOON

When we watched Mulan in Calculus (it was after the AP exam, okay?) the entire class sang along to that song. My teacher got kind of annoyed at us because other people had classes but gave up, because it’s that song.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012

Just finished watching The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas.

sadface forever. ;_____;

I saw TDKR for the third time.

This time in IMAX.

I could see all the fibers in Gary Oldman’s mustache.

it was amazing.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012

Abe? That you?

!http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/08/daniel-day-lewis-lincoln-640x449.jpg!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012

I saw The Dark Knight Rises today. I can’t exactly say I was underwhelmed, but the film bothered me for a number of reasons. I’ll put some in list form, because lists are fun.

-The length was unnecessary and since the first half dragged out so much, I had a hard time sitting still for the second, more thrilling half. Because of the pacing, some of the social commentary I think Nolan may have been trying to get across was obscured by the strange passage of time and other odd things (how do 3000 policemen spend five months in sewers and come out looking like they just spent the night in the woods?)
    -The sound. My God, the sound. The music was so epic, all the time, and so loud that a lot of the time it really covered up a lot of the dialogue, especially Bane’s and Batman’s because their voices were so affected already.
    -The female villain, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, wasn’t fleshed out or compelling and her sneaking up as the baddie at the end didn’t feel like a twist so much as a contrivance.

However, I super loved other things, like all the cameos (Quinn from Dexter, Owen from Torchwood, Littlefinger from GoT, Ramona, etc.) as well as actors from the previous movies like Cillian Murphy and Liam Neeson. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a badass. Anne Hathaway is pretty cool too. That scene in the football game where the guy is making a touchdown while the field collapses behind him was deliciously ludicrous.

It was a pretty nice touch that Gordon read Sydney Carton’s last words in A Tale of Two Cities at Bruce Wayne’s funeral.

Overall I’d say I enjoyed it but I definitely never want to see it again.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012 edited

Littlefinger from GoT

I think you mean Tommy Carcetti from The Wire.

Also Bunny Colvin from The Wire was there, as the first army guy during the takeover.

That scene in the football game where the guy is making a touchdown while the field collapses behind him was deliciously ludicrous.

That guy was Hines Ward. There were actually a bunch of Steelers players in that scene(and the field itself was Pittsburgh’s field). Hines Ward has never returned a kickoff in his life though, which damaged the verisimilitude of the scene a little.

Overall I’d say I enjoyed it but I definitely never want to see it again.

Mm, yeah, your issues were pretty much the same as mine. I agree with you on Talia al Ghul but I also found Joseph Gordon Levitt’s character underdeveloped (but I love JGL, so…).

•  
      CommentAuthorTheArmada
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012

JGL is a boss, if anyone else had that role it would’ve failed. Talia al Ghul was unsaveable, though I give Marion credit for trying.

Just got Wrath of the Titans on DVD. It wins my awards for most improved sequel and most underrated film of the year.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012

bq. -The female villain, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, wasn’t fleshed out or compelling and her sneaking up as the baddie at the end didn’t feel like a twist so much as a contrivance.

The more I think about her character, the more I wish they hadn't used her at all. I would've preferred more Bane.

The more I think about her character, the more I wish they hadn’t used her at all. I would’ve preferred more Bane.

Yeah, that would have worked out better. Or they could have had Talia in the background through all three movies, which would have allowed her more development and made her reveal more meaningful than ‘hey, the chick Batman banged is a bad guy’.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2012

I have to confess, I'm actually really wanting to see _Expendables 2_. There wasn't much about the first one that interested me, but throw in a grizzled Van Damme, a snarky Schwarzenegger, a perturbed Willis, and a stoic Norris, and I'm pretty much sold.

It won't be any shade of brilliant, but it looks like loads of fun.
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012

Expendables was fun, I thought. Of course, I went in thinking “Okay, this is going to be really stupid, isn’t it?”

And then came out of it going “HOLY SHIT THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS EVERY CLICHE IN THE BOOK HOLY CRAP WHAT DID I JUST WATCH I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH TESTOSTERONE BEFORE HOLY FUCK THAT WAS AWESOME”

...yeah. Second one looks equally fun/ridiculous, so I’m good :D

Saw The Bourne Legacy. Hard to follow (I haven’t seen the previous three) and some of the actions scenes were spazzy/crowded, but I liked it.

Of course, it is now headcanon as Hawkeye’s origin. Until we get a Hawkeye movie, anyway.

• CommentAuthorRocky

I just want to hear Chuck Norris quote a Chuck Norris fact. _Any_ fact. My year will have been made if that winds up in the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Better yet, act out a Chuck Norris fact.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

They remade Total Recall. WITHOUT Arnie.

>:(

• CommentAuthorRocky

It's worse than that, actually. No Arnie, no Mars, no whit. Just all straight, no-nonsense, CGI-drenched action fare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFell_Blade
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012

Hunger Games DVD coming out this weekend….....Oh yeah!!!