Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Because they’re so hilarious. My favorite is probably the Battlefield Earth movie, with Starcrash not far behind. TURKISH STAR WARS TURKISH STAR WARS TURKISH STAR WARS TURKISH STAR WARS TURKISH STAR WARS

Flash Gordon.

Flash! Aaah aaah! Savior of The Universe!

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009

Granted I never finished it, but Lost Boys was hilarious.

A Knights Tale. So inaccurate, but sooo much fun to make fun of. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorRT3

Hard Ticket To Hawaii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBbmdJTLdE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fflawlessplasticcork.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F03%2Fhe-must-be-smoking-some-heavy-doobies.html%3Fzx%3D1c6828f299a67629&feature=player_embedded

Plan 9 from Outer Space. I haven’t seen that many “bad” movies, but I remember that as being particularly hilarious.

So, you make fun of a movie that makes fun of itself. I suppose you know it’s not supposed to be “accurate”?

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

Heh, I remember that movie. That’s totally how being a knight works.

Are we going with movies by themselves are with riffers/MST3k crew attached?

Former – anything Godzilla
    Latter – Manos, Final Sacrifice, Brain/Head that wouldn’t die.

Sly, completely. And love works like that to, most men are submissive to their courtier girlfriends, right? *giggle*

@Nate Winchester

>Are we going with movies by themselves are with riffers/MST3k crew attached?

Without commentary.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited

Eragon.

Still can't stop laughing when I think about Eragon with his fat lips shouting "BRISSINGIR!!!!!"

“I’m the Rider, and I say we go!”

•  
      CommentAuthorZombie Devin
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited

"Granted I never finished it, but Lost Boys was hilarious."

That's a great movie, and it's something of a classic around here, as it was filmed in this town. You know the bridge the vampires jump off of for fun? I walk across it all the time, lol.

ā€œIā€™m the Rider, and I say we go!ā€

Yeah, because, you know, they are totally equals!

Yeah, because, you know, they are totally equals!

“Yeah, shout at the giant lizard that can bite your head off.” -Mike Nelson.

Without commentary.

Definitely Godzilla then. Or any movie with Kaiju.
    The Final Destination movies are also some of the best comedies I’ve seen in awhile.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Hackers! The best awful movie ever. Such horrible special effects, such terrible “technology”, such sweet awesomeness otherwise.

I like the part where they hack the traffic lights.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

Dragon Ball: Evolution. That is all.

@Puppet

That’s also my favorite hated movie. Hell, I hated it back when I was in middle school and a total Eragon groupie. It is officially the worst movie adaption of a book ever- if Holes is the best, Eragon is the worst. “We fight as ONE!”

Holes was a good adaptation, but The Princess Bride is THE adaptation.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

Oh I really didn’t like the move adaptation of Holes. The way everything in the book was put together was perfect, and it didn’t have that quality in the movie. Except that Shia Labeouf was in it, and that was good. :)

And they replaced the Gila monsters with frilled lizards. FRILLED LIZARDS.

Super Mario Bros. That movie was so hilariously bad.

The Wizard was even worse.

“I love the Power Glove. It’s so bad.”

• CommentAuthorGolcondio
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009

I actually liked George of the jungle: the best Brendan Fraser so far, IMO

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009

Power Glove ftw.

•  
      CommentAuthorAmelie
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009

STARCRASH

What in the universe is that?!

• CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009

Joe Versus the Volcano

I’m sure they wanted the characters and the movie to be hilariously ridiculous, but it was so stupid. Still, it makes me laugh.

•  
      CommentAuthorAmelie
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited

@ Dan Locke— Starcrash is a complete rip-off of Star Wars with a embarrassingly low special effects budget. It’s spectacularly awful, and I highly recommend it. I think you can find it somewhere on youtube… here’s the trailer.

Oh, and did I mention that it includes David Hasselhoff with Jack Sparrow-style eye makeup?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009

Oh, and did I mention that it includes David Hasselhoff with Jack Sparrow-style eye makeup?

You had me at The Hoff. <3

@Amelie

“What in the universe is that?” is a line from Starcrash. Also, read the OP.

•  
      CommentAuthorAmelie

Oh, right. I feel silly now. It’s been a while since I watched Starcrash… but I still love it dearly.

If you liked Starcrash, you’ll love War of the Robots. It’s even worse than the movies that came before and after it.

•  
      CommentAuthorAmelie

I’ll have to check that one out. Have you seen Jason and the Argonauts? It has these really creepy claymation skeletons...

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009

But Jason and the Argonauts is a good film…right?

•  
      CommentAuthorAmelie
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009

Well, I suppose it was good for its time... but now it’s kind of easy to laugh at.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009

I enjoyed it more than a home-censored version of Terminator 2 when I was 5.

So I saw Turkish Star Wars today. Watching it was like having a bad dream, and I mean that in the most literal sense. Seemingly random clips shown for a split second at a time in large groups, being played backwards and forwards, the camera pointing directly at the sun, familiar settings and music (stock footage of the Pyramids and the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme) juxtaposed with bizarre props and costumes, grainy, desaturated colors, people saying things urgently in a strange, consonantal language, and, over everything else, an air of total incoherence.

In other words, my new favorite bad movie.