Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

For my blog. I think I’m going to spork my way through this list. I’ll skip a few (like Twilight; I feel like that’s been thoroughly dealt with already), and I’m only doing the first of series. I’m working my way through Marked now, which is fortuitous, and I’ll probably skip Evermore because Potatoman’s doing such an excellent takedown of it already. So next would be Fallen. Thoughts?

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013

Sounds like a plan. Though you can also probably skip City of Bones (#11).

I’m actually kinda surprised to see Hunger Games on that list.

Yeah, I’ll skip City of Bones. Also skipping books I actually liked, like Hunger Games.

• CommentAuthorPotatoman

Good idea! I am loving your sporking of Marked, so a Fallen spork would be pretty cool to read :)

•  
      CommentAuthorResistance

You’ve got to do a sporking of THG (or I will)

Haha, I think I’ll let you have it, Resistance. I liked the first book, was indifferent to the second, and HATED the third. I don’t think I could do a good spork of the first book, but I might do a series review at some point.

That actually doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. If the book’s already on a terrible book list, people already know it’s bad. While there’s plenty of fun in tearing apart things people already dislike, you’re probably better off going out and finding less infamous books to spork if you want to stand out from the crowd on your blog. Though if you’re just doing this for fun, then go for it.

You’re probably right about standing out from the crowd, organiclead. But I’ve read most of these books, and having a list would give some structure to the blog. And while I’m thrilled that people are actually reading the blog, it is basically a hobby. My real-life job is very demanding and I’m actually quite passionate about it, so I don’t have a whole lot of free time. The blog is my stress relief. So sporking/reviewing my way through a list of books I’m mostly familiar with (and which, by and large, really do deserve the sporking treatment), would be easier on me. Replying to your comment helped me flesh out my thinking here, so thanks.