Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I am writing this measure for my Sociology class, for my end of the semester project about Broadway musicals. There are two parts to this. The first is personal information, which I collect solely for demographic reasons. I’m not trying to stalk you or anything, I just need to see if there are any kind of patterns. If you don’t feel comfortable answering a question, then don’t answer it. Also, if you have any questions on why I’m asking a certain thing, feel free to ask me.

Also also, I will not be using your name in conjunction to this, but if you say something interesting, I reserve the right to quote you in my paper (Using only a made up initial and some demographic information).

Demographics

What is your gender:

How old are you:

What race do you identify yourself with:

The Survey

Do you like musicals?

If you answered no, why not?

If so, which musical is your favourite?

Which musical is your least favourite?

Other comments:

I will whisper my answers to you.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011

Same here.

thank you both! hugses

•  
      CommentAuthorRandomX2

Whispered my answers as well.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Exactly what correlations are you looking for? What’s your working hypothesis?

She’s proving that guys hate musicals. XD

She’s proving that guys hate musicals. XD

Haha, not all guys. I actually personally know a bunch of guys who like musicals. I’ve roped me little brother into it, but he violently denies liking CATs in front of dad. :)

Exactly what correlations are you looking for? What’s your working hypothesis?

This is actually part 2 of a project, cos my Soc professor thinks giving us two ten page essays is cool. The first part looked at what kind of people have roles in musicals, and I found that it was largely white males that get the lead (YES, I know there are some deviations, but for the most part that’s what it is).

For my second part, I’m just seeing who likes what and seeing if there are any patterns. (seeing if the same musicals pop up for the same type of people, seeing if the same type of people hate musicals, etc).

So really, I have no hypothesis. I’m just counting now and concluding from that. (backwards way to write, I s’pose. But it’s how I work.)

Since I got whispered in this thread..

I already turned it in. I got an A. So hurrah.

Yay! Now all participants expect some compensation for that A. Uh…. like a pen!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Congrats! Glad I could contribute, even if in a small way. :D