Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpeppercake
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011

Hi guys, Script Frenzy’s coming up in less the a week and since I’ve seen quite a few writers on here, I wonder if anyone’s taking part. So if you are taking part, it’d be cool if you could post about what kind of script you’re doing or how you’re going to survive through screnzy or anything really.

So here are my thoughts: I’ve been trying to eup with a cool script idea since nano ended (I failed terribly) and haven’t really come up with a concrete idea yet. I desparately didn’t want to write something about vampires because Twilight and House of Night have scared me off bringing another Mary Sue into the worl. But I feel I’ve come up with a good(ish) idea which i just need to refine.

Hi, peppercake! I’m not taking part in Script Frenzy, mostly because a) finals and AP exams are sucking up all my time and b) I have no idea how to write a script.

It sounds like a very cool idea, though- hopefully I’ll do it someday!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

SWQ’s “b” is the reason why I’ve never done it. I keep thinking about doing it, but the format is what scares me off.

Good luck, though! Maybe this year will be the year I actually try…

•  
      CommentAuthorThea

My brother signed up last year and found the account I made last year and never accessed, so we’re set there. Otherwise we want to, but he won’t sit down and actually plan it with me, so who knows how it’ll work :P

I hope we do make it though…after all, it couldn’t be any worse than what they used in the last local play (shudder).

•  
      CommentAuthorpeppercake
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011

Good luck with your screnzy Thea. Snow White Queen and swenson, you really should give screnzy a try one day, the last time I did it I totally failed but I kind of want to try a different format than i usually write in.

I kind of want to write a One Act for my school next year, so Screnzy would be good practice…but I’ve already got so much going on!

I kind of want to write a One Act for my school next year, so Screnzy would be good practice…but I’ve already got so much going on!

So your school would actually perform a play written by a student? That would be pretty boss.

I’d love to do Screnzy for fun, but at this point I really can’t justify seriously working on anything that isn’t my novel. Also I have no clue how to pace, or even how to format, a script.

So your school would actually perform a play written by a student? That would be pretty boss.

They have a contest and about 4 student-written plays are picked. Student directors and actors then actually perform it- it’s a really cool idea. I should have gotten involved much earlier.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011

I never got the appeal of script writing. As far as I’ve seen, 90% of the time is wasted on correct formatting, and there’s no lovely description.

That sounds awesome and you should do it. If you do it and need feedback at any point, you have my email(disclaimer: I tend to be a deadbeat about that sort of thing[as you know], and also I know nothing about theater).

Thanks for the support, sansa. I really do want to submit a play…it’s just that I need to come up with an idea for one. If I ever actually do it (and I will make myself do something) I’ll probably be shamelessly taking you up on your offer.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011

Okayyy… so I was definitely, totally, entirely NOT going to do Screnzy this year, but for some reason the mood struck and I ended up writing eight rambling pages of more or less properly-formatted script yesterday after going on a reading binge of Screnzy’s advice pages.

...so you might have pulled me into this thing after all, although I have literally no idea what I’m going to write about (or even the format) and even less idea how to actually write a script. And I have two days to pull things together if I’m going to try this.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011

Wow, I’m actually doing this. Wrote 8 pages so far.