Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Hashing out an article on how to discuss writing without being a douche.

•  
      CommentAuthorThea
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2013

I’d love to see more non-sporkly articles on here. I’m simply swamped or I’d contribute, but Ursula K. Le Guin is visiting my school in about a month. If I could get my hands on a recorder, I could try to transcribe her speaking and post it to the website.

If I could afford a recorder I would send it to you just to get that! I love Le Guin :D

I’ve thought about writing an article, not spork, for here, but I’ve never thought of anything I’m ‘expert’ enough at to write convincingly.

I’d love to see more non-sporkly articles on here. I’m simply swamped or I’d contribute, but Ursula K. Le Guin is visiting my school in about a month. If I could get my hands on a recorder, I could try to transcribe her speaking and post it to the website.

Does your cell phone have a recorder feature? A lot of non-smart phones have recording capabilities. (No pressure, just if you wanted to record it, your phone might work.)

I’ve thought about writing an article, not spork, for here, but I’ve never thought of anything I’m ‘expert’ enough at to write convincingly.

This. Also, school eats all of my time at the moment.

Does your cell phone have a recorder feature?

Not one that I trust, anyways. I’ll ask around if anyone on my floor happens to have something.

•  
      CommentAuthorAzure
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013

I’d love to see more non-sporkly articles on here.

Well, I’m currently working on a tounge-in-cheek “guide” titled So You Want to be a Love Interest? It started out being serious and then slowly turned into satire. I’m glad to see this discussion — I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to post these things here.

Well, I’m currently working on a tounge-in-cheek “guide” titled So You Want to be a Love Interest?

That sounds fun.

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013

Hm, I’m thinking of writing something about that Lang’s Syndrome thing that I mentioned in my Marked review.

Tiger’s Curse Spork: Introduction

by new contributor Forest Purple, who has an author bio

Tiger’s Curse Spork: Part 1

by Forest Purple.

Bad YA romance fits nicely with Valentine’s Day.

•  
      CommentAuthorAzure
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013

BlackStar’s article is up but right under Forest Purple’s, and I swear that it wasn’t there a couple of hours ago. Did something happen?

I think she posted hers a couple minutes/seconds before I posted Forest’s (though I didn’t notice it until a little bit after Forest’s had been posted). Two articles were not supposed to be posted at once like that, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013

I was sick all day yesterday, so I’m just seeing this now.

For future reference, there’s a Timestamp module in the lower right corner of the article editor. Changing the date to the next day (the last box) will set the article to reappear on the homepage the next day.

Everyone who can submit articles can use the Timestamp module to schedule articles for days when you’re not necessarily here, but there’s still articles to be posted.

For future reference, there’s a Timestamp module in the lower right corner of the article editor. Changing the date to the next day (the last box) will set the article to reappear on the homepage the next day.

I didn’t know that was as thing. Hope you’re feeling better.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013

Lily Sporks Modelland — Part 14: The Diabolical Divide, W.O.W., and One Bee-yotchhh

by lilyWhite

This one has been waiting a while. I’ve been super busy (still am in fact). Sorry about that!

There’s another one pending too if anyone with publishing powers has the time to look at it.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013

And from earlier, Tiger’s Curse Spork: Part 3

by Forest Purple

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013

The Scorpio Races

by new contributor The Dragon

The Dragon Archetype – A Rotten Rant by Silfae is generating a lot of discussion.

•  
      CommentAuthorSìlfae
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013

Thank you, I’m glad of it. Let’s hope the second one about morality and first fanfiction chapter are equally appreciated.
    I’m writing a third one about magic right now.

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013

Are we so low on material that we don’t even have stuff for a daily spork update?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2013 edited

Feel free to write something, Orlando. :wink

I have four articles lined up at the moment: a few points about fantasy; “Kairosis and Inheritance”, a discussion of how Paolini’s side-characters show greater development as individuals than the characters in centre-spotlight, a short piece about the “straight man” in fantasy (i.e. the innocent or naive transplanted into a world about which he knows nothing, e.g. Harry Potter/Luke Skywalker/Frodo Baggins archetype); and a revision/rewrite of an old essay that was never posted to II, about constructing languages.

I just need time to write them.

@Orlando

No. The editors are so low on time, that we don’t have time to proofread and post articles often.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2013

I’ve got a good chunk of the next CoB sporking done, I just need to finish and proofread it. I’ve been really busy with Camp NaNo this month, so I haven’t had as much time to work on the sporking as I’d like. But I should have it done by the end of next week, and then get back on track. Sorry.

•  
      CommentAuthorSìlfae
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013

Well, I had another two articles I was thinking about writing, a second one about magic and one about endings, and the rest of the fanfiction which is all ready, but I was taking it slowly, since I have already four Pending texts, didn’t want to overflow the waiting list.

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2013

You are awesome. :)

Haha, I just posted the links, not the articles. So… less awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2013

If I were less lazy, I could have at least posted links to my own stuff. Alas, it is not so.

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013

^^I moved it to be posted later because there were a bunch of articles ahead of it that are set to be posted every couple of days. If it needs to be posted right away, you could change the sides l dates the other articles are supposed to post because there is one scheduled for today.

minus. review part 1

by Brendan Rizzo

minus. review part 2

by Brendan Rizzo

I made a news update.