Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010

Practicing descriptions.

Somebody will post a picture, it’s up to other people to describe it as best as they can using words. Simple as that.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Also, maybe without pointing out the obvious ‘he wears a green shirt’ but more of a ‘what does this say about a character’ type thing.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Right, try to give information that will make it visual, but don’t infodump.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I salute you, good sir.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited

4 men falling through the air. 1 of them rode in a giant pig, its eyes bulging, mouth open in a silent scream. The small wings sprouting from its torso quite useless as it plunged towards the earth.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited

The woman sat silently, hands on her lap. The man was silent as well, his fists clenched with anger. There would be nothing for these two tonight. They slouched, disappointment filling their minds and their hungry bodies.

The woman inhaled slowly. The apartment smelled of cigarettes. They had smoked companionably, sitting on the bed and looking out the window. But not now. The fire had gone out, and all that was left was smoke.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

Ignore that description, here’s the serious one(probably still not too dreadfully serious. ).

Looking over my shoulder, I saw a man who positively made my skin crawl. Between the raised eyebrow, senseless lip piercings (what does it do anyway? Button his mouth shut?), oiled back black hair, and smug grin, it made me really want to run. Add that to the nondescript black clothing and a chain around his neck, you had ‘gangster-murder-who’s-after-me’. Yeah. I ran.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

• CommentAuthorDanielle

Paint dripped from the ceiling, shades of red, black and yellow. Over this, the friendly-looking text stated “Stop hotlinking, dear friend. Please upload the image on your server.” Despite the admonition to “Design your way,” the voice was all too clear. No, you cannot design your way. You must use ours.

@helvengurl

That’s a girl, and you seem to have missed the window into her mouth.

Anyway…

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

I didn’t have on my glasses. I looked like a button. And I was so freaked out by that, I didn’t look closer. I should have squinted. Or put on my glasses.

• CommentAuthorDanielle

My parents always told me it was some funky birth defect, but I couldn’t help pinning it on them. When your body is growing out of your nose and you have to push your head in a cart, you can’t help but find someone to blame. And I’m sure my parents deserved it. I’m pushing my head in a cart, for Pete’s sake! No, I’m sure my mom did drugs when she was pregnant.

•  
      CommentAuthorFaux

...I think I gagged at the MOUTH piercing there. And then I went and summoned one of my roommates and ended up being flicked off. Justice is sweet. <3 Wow.

Sometimes you just don’t need words.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010

stares at mouth piercing

I don’t have any brain bleach. May I have perhaps a drop or two of brain bleach pretty please?

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

shares hers

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Everything was black, white and gray. Blurred and disoriented, like a old memory. The woman, or women, stood, almost fading away into the background. Her hair black, her dress white, the only hint of color was on her cheeks, a pale pink from the cold darkness. Black, gray, and white.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

•  
      CommentAuthorAdamPottle

The vegetable Elizabeth found growing where there should have been only potatoes was most emphatically not a tuber. It was glossy, bulbous and withered, looking more like a chipped fibreglass-and-wood-paneling mockery of a Christmas ornament with a partially cat-digested Troll doll head pasted to its aft. But to her, the most horrifying thing about it was the gaping maw, lined with wire-thin porcelain shards for teeth.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

•  
      CommentAuthorAdamPottle

It is what it is.

Yummeh.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010

Thanks, helvengurl for the brain bleach.

I wonder…

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010

The human’s outline was faded. From the other monstrosities I had seen here, I wondered if his seemingly human-appearing silhouette was incredibly deceptive. Between the ominous blue-green light and my commander yelling at me to hurry up, I gave him a look, touched my hand to their’s, and went to walk away. Looking back I saw His hand on the glass. “YAAR!” I yelled as I brought the butt of my gun down, “Come on!”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited

Like a Valkyrie from the old tales, she led us into battle, our flag trailing behind her like a ribbon of hope, binding us together in our cause. The blue and white of it matched her dress and made her like our angel, leading the charge with an imperious gesture to move forward, always forward.

In that instant, I almost loved war.

•  
      CommentAuthorRed Sky
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010

It was then that I saw the weapon, and it was then that I knew we had lost. The rumor was true: her skin bore the color of moonlight. If that was myth, not fact, then what of the other tales? She stole a man’s life with her kiss, she hid a demon beneath her robe, she summoned a storm to smite an army- were those stories true as well? I trembled as she drew closer to my troops. As she grew nearer, the clouds darkened and the wind howled, sweeping up the grass, sweeping up her hair, sweeping up the flag that carried the blue and white of the army that would win this battle.

And despite the black sky, light shone down on her, as if God had decided to take her side.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010

is dazzled

Wow… I like your description…

•  
      CommentAuthorRed Sky
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010

Thanks. :D I put a lot of thought into that one; description doesn’t come naturally for me. I usually have to add it in when I go back to revise.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Ooh, that was great, Angel and Sky.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited

In the lonely windswept land of snow, two trees battled together against the howling wind. Void of colours, the land was guaranteed to make you miserable the moment you step a foot in this forsaken country. Empty of life with nary a thing to change its bland scenery, it presented a gloomy atmosphere.

Sheesh, descriptions doesn’t come easily for me. Had to work on it. Still, at least that’s something.

The shrunken trees were bent from the constant buffeting of the wind. Lonely twisted shapes in a barren field under an empty sky, and I wondered if they would have been better off broken.

God, that was emo.

The smoggy, neon-lit Los Angeles street, thrown into sharp relief by its artist’s use of chiaroscuro and emblazoned with both English and Japanese signage, did not belong on the cover of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? – it may have been inspired by the book’s extremely loose cinematic adaptation Blade Runner, but it hardly fit the original novel, a story replete with mind-controlling drugs, technology-driven cults, and altogether more daylit (though no less polluted) settings.

The power lines criss-crossed the neon lit skyline like scars across a particularly unfortunate swordsman’s face, cutting off all forms of beauty by cutting through the scene. The smog in the city was a cologne wearing date going straight to third-base without giving first or second a by-your-leave; overpowering, oversexed, and overdone. The hovering car in the background must have been operating on faith alone, as even its high-powered lights barely made a dent in the pollution’s oppressive presence.

It was then that I decided that perhaps the country was just the right fit after all.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010

On these dusty, tattered remains of a mansion, there lay a wooden chair. The fabric had been ripped and the seat definitely wouldn’t survive another sitting. But for all of its faults, it would be the sole reminder that someone used to live in this wreck of a house.

•  
      CommentAuthorRed Sky
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010

I would like to say that I clicked this topic the exact time Jeni made a post, and so by Jeni’s name it says “0 seconds ago.”

He woke up shivering on the floor. Cold, so cold. Did he forget to close the window last night? Had his blanket come off as he fell on the floor? And when was the last he mopped? It was so grimy; he could feel the dust and slime rub against his face.

Get up, he told himself. Get up and off the floor and clean it up. The man opened his eyes and then jumped up in shock at what he saw.

A battered, torn up chair, in front of a wall with its paint peeling off. Dirt and rocks on the floor, filthier than an outhouse. It looked like the bedroom of a ghost in an abandoned mansion. As he backed away from the scene, his entire body shaking, he bumped into the wall behind him, causing dust to spray all over him.

I just want to say that I laughed so hard at the Ultraman picture I ended up throwing up a little. That is a first for me.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010

Cute quadruplets stood in a line, ready to do battle. Dragon Ball kid stared at me, bemused. Doraemon kid raised his tiny fists, about to land a whopper. Momorenja kid indicated that he/she wanted to negotiate with me. Ultraman kid stared at my friend, amazed by the sexiness of my awesome friend.

Scuse my poor description, I’m wiped from school.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010

To call Madame Wellington strange would be to make a severe understatement. This was, after all, a woman who carried a mirror that had her own face for a back, a woman who wore pilot’s goggles despite not being an aviator, and a woman who was fond of collecting scarab beetles and putting metal circles onto them.

Claire thought that maybe it was time to get her head wound checked before she went back to the island.

OR

“Bob, I’m not sure ‘blood’ is going to be that popular of a makeup this year.”

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

O.O

I would advise you to start uncapping those jugs of brain bleach.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

They said spongebob dried up with old age…
    I just didn’t believe them until I saw it.

brain bleach

The red-striped girl walked across the checkered floor. Then, she stopped. In front of her was her shadow, her familiar, and her only companion on this land. And in that shadow, she could see the abyss of stars.

Marquis, I was going to go with:

“My god! I’m full of stars!”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

She looks like Alice from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland…

The little girl began to wonder exactally what had been slipped into her soda.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

Marquis, are you even going to try and vaguely take this thread seriously as a useful tool, or just use it to post crappy-old pictures from /b/?

This is not a random picture thread.

Sorry if the pictures are random or offensive in any way. It’s just that I don’t really want to post conventional stuff.

just use it to post crappy-old pictures from /b/?

Actually, they’re crappy-old pictures from Warren Ellis’s blog.

@ Puppet: It is Alice.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

I thought so. xD

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

I stared unbelievingly at my screen. An email had just come through from some small-time artist. Was this guy nuts, I asked myself. His grammar was appalling, and there was far too much information. Vigilante dead heads, violent hippies, tomahawk hellbillies… what was this guy on? Wait a second. I read back over. Tomahawk Hellbillies. It was obvious he’d typed wrongly, but that gave me the spark of an idea. Hell-billies. Hillbillies from hell. Carrying tomahawks. Aww yeah. The comic world would rock when I unveiled them. With a dismissive snort I deleted the numbskull’s email, grapped a sheet of draft paper, and began to sketch.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

Centuries had dressed the ancient aqueduct with tropical moss and vines.

It had been ages since the columns had felt the presence of mankind. Instead, they found comfort in the moss.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010

as a hardcore comic junkie- there are no words. :D

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited

Amid the chaos of superheroes and supervillians (I assume), a face of power glared at me. His gaze pierced my soul and ripped my soul, healed it then ripped it again, like the incessant drumbeat of the Master…

I give up.

Oh. Um….

[hide]if you want a laugh, check out where i got it from

...is that a cat or a rabbit?

That’s a cat.

In a courageous bout of insanity, Vader leapt atop a giant cat and raced his way toward the rebel base.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited

That just about describes it accurately.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010

XD

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010

An old scratchy film played in front of me. I saw a shadowy figure puffing away at his pipe, his malevolent eyes looking right at me. Batman, I thought, What the heck are you doing in a suit? That was my first thought. Then: You look different.

I decided this film must suck, so I moved away from the theatre.

Desk, I believe.

For the love of God, hide that thing or put it behind a link!

Or at least have the decency to add an MS Paint censor bar over that… vagina. It’s the one element that pushes the statue over the line between merely bad and completely horrifying.

I was going to add on to this thread until I saw that monstrosity. Can I write about the pretty arches instead? PLEASE!!??
    Also, please tell me that is not a real person!!!

For the love of God, hide that thing or put it behind a link!

Done.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

haha. I am unsure why I find the outcry so hilarious. The description:

horrified stare

XD

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited

A penis. Yay. You suck Marquis. Did you know there’s underage kids here? You will be corrupting their innocence.

But mine was corrupt since I was 8, so…

Off I go!

The bronze/gold man stood proudly in front of the public, showing off his penis. Light bounced off his muscular body and highlighted his donger at women, begging them to stick his precious sausage up their naughty bits. He hopes that when women pass by, they will find that overwhelming urge to allow him to fertilise their precious eggs. He puffed away at his cigar, waiting ever so patiently with his gold tattoos drawing the eye to his relaxed stance.

Or:

In an fit of insanity, the man jumped out of his clothes, rolled in some gold paint and danced about in public showing off his set of plums, sausage and worms. With a cigar in his mouth.

That was no penis.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

Thank you, Dan.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

My nerdliness dictates that I add that it is in fact a space station.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited

This is the only way to simultaneously sum up my reaction to that statue thing AND move the thread away from it.

Edit for the space station pic:

A majestic column rose, glinting majestically in the majestic starlight, from the majestic ring of machinery, like a grandiose phallus being rubbed at by a tiny suited man. Two noble solar panel arrays, like the wings of some majestic dragonfly, swung outwards from the column’s neck like two horrific Frankensteinian neck-bolts.

It is ze polar opposite of thesaurus abuse.

The tiger gazed in fear and let out a scream that would scare any sort of animal in a ten mile radius.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Come on guys, let’s get serious here.

sighs

Okay, here’s a valley. Knock your socks off.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

The valley stretched below him, lush green grass and trees, a few houses here, mostly farmers, but the valley was mostly undisturbed. A long winding road went down and down until it was out of sight, in the distance he could see the snowy mountains against the blue sky.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Come on guys, let’s get serious here.

Sirius sat while in black jeans and a dark yellow-striped jacket. His expression was as stiff as a corpse. So much so, that I tried my hardest to resist saying “Why so Sirius?”

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

Those aren’t jeans. They’re pin-striped pants.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

ahem. Trousers, thank you very much.

Sirius sat slightly hunched in his pinstriped coat. The dining chair seemed to be the only object in the room. Why had the photographer requested this pose? he wondered.