Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEmil 1.4021
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited

.... Okey-dokey, so it's -15°C outside (daytime) and 20 centimetres of snow. I'm currently starting to regain feeling in my legs and feet again after having been outside some 30 minutes ago.... What else...? Oh, right. How's the situation where you guys live?

Heard conditions were much, much worse in parts of Asia, and my Finnish friends are calling me a wuss, so....

It’s been between 20°-30°F around here for weeks. Gets even lower at night. Not too bad I think. Cold, but manageable. It’s been snowing since Thursday, and we’ve probably gotten about 8 inches so far. I love snow, it’s so pretty.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

Lat night it got into the negative numbers (F), and we’ve been stranded in 8-10 inches of snow for nearly a week. Hooraaay. I think the high for today is 7 degrees! How very toasty.

It is cold in Texas.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

It’s somewhat chilly over here in Monterey, but not cold enough for anything to freeze.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Daytime temperatures where I live have been hovering around -15 to -6°C while nights are much colder. The forecast predicts that there’s a cold front moving in, so it’ll probably get even colder.

There’s not much snow, and overall, it’s been a typical winter where I live.

Oh yeah. We had a pretty decent snowfall in early-mid autumn (about 8cm), and it was really pretty to see the orange leaves on the trees covered in snow. I wish I’d taken pictures. D:

It’s snowed about 7 inches in the good old WV. We haven’t had school all week. :D

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010

Aw, we’re cranking up to 40-43*C here and if history’s anything to go by, we’re gonna go even higher to 45, if not 48*C here in Australia.

How do you get that little symbol for degrees?

Meh, -7 to about 5 here. (Celsius, of course. ;P) AND SNOW! ‘Tis nice.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

How do you get that little symbol for degrees?

Copy-paste? That’s how I did it. XD

70 (Fahrenheit, because I’m an illogical American)

:D

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

70 (Fahrenheit, because I’m an illogical American)

Or 21°C (Because we American science majors are always converting from imperial to metric. XD)

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

It’s been in the single digits (in Fahrenheit) all week, which means that the weather is not warm enough for packing snow. Therefore there are no snowmen built by me yet. :(

43 degrees Celsius on the Nullarbor coming home. Five suckers on bikes were riding across it, whilst I sat in a nice, comfy, air-conditioned car. Then we had a great big storm yesterday when we got home.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Wow, a massive drop from 42 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius…

What happened? Did someone manage to freeze Australia?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Dunno ‘bout you mate, but it’s still hot over here. Our cool change isn’t due ‘til tomorrow.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited

Yayyy it’s like 15 degrees Fahrenheit here. sarcasm And we have like six inches of snow. I hate winter.

I don't get it (Remember, I'm a dumb turnip), but how can you have snow if it's on the plus-s.... No, wait, now I remembered how fucked-up the fahrenheit system is.... *Ears bleeding from mental meltdown*
    • CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited

WHOOOOO!!!! Rain!!!! And cool weather!!!!! Praise the Lord, it’s RAINING!!!!

Rain, rain, pouring down,
    Make me jump for joy!
    Fresh air and wet ground
    Making me dance for joy!

Yeah I know, I’m a bad singer. Reaaaally bad singer.

Don’t hate on Fahrenheit, Emill. It has character. You euros and your metric system are too sterile.

Yes, soon we will be part of the grey, communist, brain-washed system that disallows all sorts of characterization. Then you Fahrenheiters will be the last shred of hope for humanity, who will have to beat down the evil entity of a population!

But at least we have logic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010

Bah! Who needs logic when you’ve got plain old (uncommon) common sense!

Us unimaginable Kilogrammers do! (Because common sense is boring.)

Okie-dokie, to revive a dead thread…..

I’m buried in a meter of snow right now…. And it just keeps coming down

it’s impossible to get out of town, because the trains are canceled and roads are blocked by crashed vehicles. The western coast of Sweden wasn’t really ready for this, since, well…. We mostly don’t get snow in the winter, but lots and lots of mush. And now we suddenly have the most snow in the country, the most since they started measuring in 1905…. Cracks me up.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

Aouw, wou~dn’t it be loverly?

Still mostly hot, but with some condensation in the mornings (YES! runs out at night and sucks on the grass).

We might get snow today or tomorrow, although I think it’s kind of a long shot. I know it’s snowing again back in north Texas.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

It’s snowing where Iive. Been snowing since early morning, actually, and hasn’t slowed at all. It actually sped up. XD

I’m hoping for class cancellations tomorrow. >.>

•  
      CommentAuthorEmil 1.4021
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited

We’ve been snow-covered for well over two months now, though it’s only in the two recent weeks that it started getting out of hand. Before there were several very cold weeks, which meant that the snow that had been laying on the ground never melted during the day. Two weeks ago, though, oh boy…. Glad I’m not going anywhere all too soon (So-called sports-break… Heh, all skating rinks are closed due to some roofs crashing in around the country, and no-one can even get to the slopes outside of town, I assume.)

Was afraid I’d lose my darling out there…..

d’awwwwwwwwwwwwww

That is an adorable dog, Emill. Is that you in the picture?

•  
      CommentAuthorEmil 1.4021
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited

Yup… She was getting annoyed by me hugging her and taking pictures. I shouldn’t actually be afraid of her getting lost in the snow, since whenever we go out she just begs to be let in again. (And it’s shameful to even mention that she’s a Samoyed…. If you’ve heard of them?) xD

The other day she lost a toy however, and was depressed the whole day after that….

• CommentAuthorNo One

Aarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

I’m a human popsicle when I wake up in the morning, then I’m a melted human puddle in the afternoon.

AND, I always catch a cold in the mornings! It’s so damn freezing!!! Then once I get to school, my cold’s gone but I still have a somewhat sore throat.

I hate this sort of thing. I want a nice, crisp, cool day ALL THE WAY THROUGH not freezing in teh morning and BOILING in the afternoon!!!

At least there’s a nice cool breeze all day long. That’s nice. relaxes in breeze Ahhhh…

By the way Emill, such a cute dog!

•  
      CommentAuthorEmil 1.4021

CC, where to you live?

Finally I have a fellow complainer about the weather…..
    ....No, that is not a grin on my face

I can only feel you pain. Yesterday I found out I have some mild frostbites on all of my toes. Not to having too thin shoes outside, no, but from walking indoors with three layers of socks on my feet.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

DAFFODILS. SPROUTIN’.

Even though everything else is frigid and dark and various shades of dull brownish-grey, the sprouting daffodils make me happy. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010

Snow to my waist. YES. I’m so happy. :‘D

Unfortunately, it’s powder snow, so no epic tunnels, snow fortresses, or snowball fights. sadness

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010

Unfortunately, it’s powder snow, so no epic tunnels, snow fortresses, or snowball fights. sadness

I hate that. D:

All the snow is melting here. :D

It’s really windy today. And there’s no snow. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorpickaboo7
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

the sky looks to sad :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

It’s been snowing constantly at my place. At this rate, there’s no way we’re covering everything since we’ve lost two weeks worth of classes. On the one hand, free and extra study time is lovely. On the other hand, I paid for a full semester. If I don’t get a full semester, I’m not getting my money’s worth.

That makes me angry.

A majority of the schools in my hometown are closed due to the massive snowfall last week and flat roofs deemed unsafe when packed with a meter of snow. My school, in the neighboring town, is open though, since there the town shoveled all the roofs. Now all the snow is melting into mush, though, since the temperature is rising and we have the same storm coming in as the one that flooded France, now weakened of course.

•  
      CommentAuthorAdamPottle
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

finally the snow is gone, because unlike you fools I hate the stuff and actually have to shovel.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

I shovel(ed). I still love snow, though. :P

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010

The weather’s a flip-flopper. First it was raining cats and dogs this morning (the roads were pretty much half-flooded) and now it’s bright and sunny outside.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Tornado season! Yeeeeah.

• CommentAuthorNo One

TORNADO SEASON!? YOU SERIOUS!?

I wanna storms! I wanna see them tornadoes!!!!

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Well, yeah. I happen to live in Tornado Alley.

• CommentAuthorNo One

sticks out tongue Gotta be lucky, living on danger and thrills of the power of Nature…

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010 edited

Lucky, maybe. And yeah, it is thrilling at times. The times when the wind is blowing so hard that is feels like it’s going to blow down the house, and dad wakes you up in the middle of the night to tell you to get down to the basement and fast so we can watch the TV for the tornado paths until the power goes out and we end up getting blankets and pillows and camping out in the basement for the rest of the night in the dark with a candle listening to the rafters creaking and the sound of quarter-sized hail hitting the windows and skylights.

Yeah! It’s great. D:

• CommentAuthorNo One

Yeah, sounds like fun! I find that the thrill of being in danger can be quite fun sometimes.

Earthquakes yesterday.

Facebook in an uproar.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Earthquakes? Where? Were you there?

Well, the epicenter was in Baja I believe, and I’m in San Diego. So it wasn’t really that bad, but there was definitely a big shaking.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2011

Muahahaha… necromancy work

Weather in Australia is incredibly fickle whenever we enter and leave winter.

We’re gonna get a hurricane today. hides under bed

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011

Oh no! Sounds decidedly un-fun.

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011 edited

Just heard about Hurricane Irene…. stay safe my Yankee friends.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011

^^Seconded. WIthout the yanky bit; just stay safe, my II friends.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011

Yeah, if anyone’s on the East Coast, stay safe…

I was thinking II East Coast people (I thought there were several) when they were talking about Irene. Stay safe, everybody.

I’ll gather two of each animal…

Still summer in Colorado.

Turning into summer in Australia. Slowly.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2011

Hahah, sucks to be you.

WINTER IS COMING. <3

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

stay safe my yanky friends.

Yank yank yank!

‘tis spelled Yankee. ;) And if I disappear for a week, it’s probably due to the hurricane knocking out my power. >.>

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly

Well that’s embarassing…

• CommentAuthorMegaB

Jeni, you actually like Winter?!

To all you East Coaster, be safe and considerate. Hopefully we’ll see you when this whole thing blows over.

...I hope they don’t delay the US Open….

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

As someone who lives in an East Coast State, thanks.

However, as someone who lives a good long way from the coast, I’m not too worried. At worst, I’ll be getting some nasty storms, but probably nothing life threatening.

• CommentAuthorDeborah

Worried about Hurricane Irene.

Jeni, you actually like Winter?!

I love winter; it’s my favourite season. :D
    I also live on the East coast, but I’m not too worried, because, apparently, around here we’re only expecting a few days of heavy rain, which isn’t very unusual anyway. Thanks for the kind thoughts, though. :D

The rain’s started.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2011

^Don’t make it sound so ominious!

@Jeni: I like winter too, although I prefer autumn. Summer and spring – not so much.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Hooray, Spring! Flowers are blooming, skinks are basking, the last reluctant autumn leaves are shoved off our oak tree by the new growth, and the shops are all gearing up for Father’s Day “bargains”!

• CommentAuthorNo One

Hayfever ahoy! Pollen count rising and allergies kicking up like there’s no tomorrow.

But yeah, spring’s pretty nice. :)

It’s still raining and very windy. Our backyard is covered in leaves and branches, and a telephone pole is supposed to fall soon, so they’ve blocked off part of the road. People keep turning around in our driveway.

And I just heard sirenes. According to Dad, there’s a firetruck and an ambulance on our street now. I hope nothing terrible happened.

Crazy stuff. I’m not worried about my house, though.

• CommentAuthorMegaB

How fragile are we?

Should the heavens decide, our whole lives would be destroyed, we insignificant few.

It’s cold and rainy and dark, and I love it. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Wind. Lots and lots of wind. And rain, but rain’s pretty normal.

Somehow I still have internet and power, though power is a bit finicky at the moment.

I wish there were more thunder. Thunder = AWESOME AND I LOVE IT! :D

Well, the worst it over. We didn’t even lose power, and there was no thunder.

I am disappointed.

• CommentAuthorMegaB

My Aunt in Maryland is not responding to our attempts at communication.

Any news from that part of the state?

My Aunt who lives near DC texted me yesterday saying things weren’t nearly as bad as she had thought they were going to be, but I haven’t heard anything since…

• CommentAuthorMegaB

Ominous news RVL. I’m not quite sure what to think.

On the one hand, everyone’s saying it’s just a power outage, on the other…I can’t help but worry what with the falling trees and flooded streets. Anything could happen in an environment like that.

I hope you get in contact with her soon. I hope my aunt calls or something as soon as she can.

•  
      CommentAuthorNinjaCat

I’m I the only one who thought of the new Pink Panther movie (the one with Steve Martin) when they saw this?

“Lovely weather we are having. I hope it continues to stay this mild…”

Staying on topic (and if I sound a bit… uncaring, it’s because I’ve had about 2 hours of sleep in the past two days.), it’s actually nice here in Wisconsin, though I hope people on the east coast are doing alright. The closest I’ve ever come to a hurricane was a 60 M.P.H. wind sheer at the end of July, and that was bad enough. I almost had two trees land on me while trying to make sure the horses were safe.

That storm knocked out our power for three days, and my friend from the city didn’t understand why it was taking them so long. She was worried about the food in her fridge spoiling (which it won’t, as long as it’s kept closed and the power comes on before five days pass.) Anyway, saw on the news this morning that some town’s power was still out, and had been for a day. And the news reporter sounded surprised!

I know that power outages can be bad, especially in cities, but come on. The town was flooded, trees were down everywhere, and there was nobody there. These kinds of things take time!

So, I hope the best for everyone out on the coast. And if cell towers and telephone lines are knocked out, along with power, that can down both cell phones and corded phones. Keep that in mind.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2012 edited

IT’S RA-A-A-A-INING IT’S PO-O-O-URING LA LA LA DE DA-A-A-A!!! does crazy rain dance

Can you tell I’m a little crazy about the fact that we’re having a thunderstorm right now? gasp I HOPE WE GET FLASH FLOODING :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2012

SOMEONE ELSE LOVES THE RAIN?

Seriously, I so much love grey, drizzly, dark, cold days. They are just so awesome.

bq. They are just so awesome.

AGREED.

Here we have snow on the ground, but it's clear in the woods so you can walk around and explore and ambush Haradhrim and there's not a cloud in the sky. :D

ambush Haradhrim

That made me lol.

TORRENTIAL RAIN AND THUNDER!

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2012

GAH! HEATWAVE!!!

Has Kyllorac ever heard this song? It was memorably covered by Linda Rondstadt in 1975.

More tornadoes expected in the next day or two. Grand.

• CommentAuthorSen
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012

D:

Don’t die, ‘kay?

I’m not planning on it anytime soon. The storm cell already fucked a bunch of shit up in Oklahoma today, but it might grind down before it gets to us. Hard to say with storms sometimes.

Possible tornado-producing storms are heading this way.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

:( I hope they don’t produce any, NP.

Nothing happened near where I live, thankfully. Though it was dreary and stormy all day.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Oh good.

• CommentAuthorSen
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012

Three whole days of blue sky, full, white clouds and warm sun. And for once I’m actually happy about it ‘ cause it can get so damn hot around here and it’s a real pain. But the weather’s just been perfect.

It’s strange as, usually, it gets pretty cold around this time of year, but I’m not gonna complain about the unexpected pleasantness. Also, the leaves are turning! :D Every morning on my way to campus, I pass by long lines of red and bright yellow all along the street. It’s just beautiful.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012

It is really intriguing me how you and I are precisely opposite. You are in fall, I am in spring, when it’s dark there it’s lunchtime here, etc. etc.