Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Okay, a general reference thread for books that you remember part of — eg, a character, plot, or title, but have no idea what it was and are trying to track it down.

First on the list: a character named Tom Lynn or Lynne. Possible reference to Tam Lin? I don’t know. That’s all I remember. It’d be great if you guys could help.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010

Fire and Hemlock?
    That’s basically a modern retelling of Tam Lin. I also really enjoyed it.

I wikipedia’d it, and I think you may be thinking of ‘Red Shift’.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Shift_(novel)

Sorry, SWQ. Yes, Moldorm, Fire and Hemlock is EXACTLY the book I was thinking of. I’ve browsed it a couple of times and it obviously got stuck in my memory…

Anybody else, ask away!

• CommentAuthorWitrin
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Fire and Hemlock is an awesome book… I’m just saying.

oh, okay. Cause I’ve tried to start it a couple of times and couldn’t get into it.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

OK, there’s some movie that I only remember seeing a little bit of… there was a little girl who always had animals around her, and I remember the bad guy tried to poison the good guy, and that’s about all I remember.

I know this is really vague, but if it jogs anyone’s memories…? I’m pretty certain it’s a recent movie, like within the past ten years.