Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Welcome to the II Asylum. Due to the Flying Castle falling into disuse, a new system has started in its place.

Prepare to make yourself known to the doctors, nurses, and guards of our humble organization. And remember that in the madhouse, no one will hear you scream…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009

Why is a new topic needed? Seriously… its right there.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited

Geez, you love attempting to scare people, don’t you?

So… what does this building look like? another castle?

Yep, but with padded cells.

Why is a new topic needed? Seriously… its right there.

Boredom, and to make sure new members don’t have to binge through comments to know what’s going on.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Ha-ha, so we claim new parts of this castle now?

Hey, when are users active on this forum? Morn, noon, night….

Sure, why not?

• CommentAuthorNo One

‘kay….

Torture chambers, weaponry and anything involved in fighting, I own them. ^^ I love fighting.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Dibs on the West Tower!

• CommentAuthorNo One

Oh WW! You’re the baker here aren’t you?

Yes, the fifth floor of my tower is a very large kitchen. Why do you ask?

Let it be known that No one. is Head Torturer, Willow is Head of the West Asylum, and I shall be Head of the North Asylum.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’m going to live with Spanman in her cottage, see ya.

Are you sure, Marquis? Generally putting me in charge of things is a bad idea…

Ooh! I declare that the West Asylum shall have weekly movie nights, with popcorn, cookies, pizza, and all other kinds of delicious artery-hardening foods! Also, on Saturday afternoons the West Asylum shall celebrate the weekend with Tea Time (tea, crumpets, clotted cream, scones, jams, petit fours etc. abound)!

Yes, but the food shall be laced with sedatives to make sure the inmates don’t go wild.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Oooh, Head torturer!! XD

@WW: I asked because I sometimes bake things… you don’t mind if I pop into the kitchen to make myself something every now and then?

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I request a room with a laptop, an iPod that never dies, endless coffee, and endless books. It also must be big enough so I can take the entire Firefly crew and Joss Whedon captive, so they can create more seasons at my whim.

That is all.

• CommentAuthorNo One

BTW watch out for my pack of Elemental wolves… they will not hestitate to kill.

For more info on Elemental wolves (aka E-wolves), just ask me! ^^

Even if the laptop doesn’t have internet access, the iPod only has an extensive library of Rick Astley songs, the coffee is always scalding hot, the books are all Twilight, and Joss Whedon is left unable to speak or use his hands?

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Good parts about your scenario:

No internet, therefore I’ll write more. The books can be fuel that I can set on fire to keep me warm. Twilight is my motivation. I shall fight against it by writing more.

And Joss Whedon can learn to type his ideas with his toes, or I’ll just steal his brain in a complicated surgery.

Plus I still have the whole crew of Serenity, and they’re unharmed.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009

If its not too much to ask, can I be the official Drawbrige Operator?

Yes, but you are also obliged to hire, feed, and train the guards to the entrance.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

Hire, feed, and train the guards to the entrance.

Righty-o, Marquis. Consider it done.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

I, of course, control the Gibbering Wing, a.k.a. the Babel Tower, for all of the weirdoes like me who babble in nonsense language.

No one, can I visit the weapons room on occasion? I have a (locked) cabinet in there for my own use and storage.

Torture chambers, weaponry and anything involved in fighting, I own them.

Um, no, no you don’t because I HAVE DIBS ON THE DUNGEONS. SO THERE. crosses arms Also, I get the stench of waste and the mold that grows on the walls. And, obviously, I also get an ENORMOUS — no, make that THREE ENORMOUS bookshelves filled with books, and a wardrobe with pretty executioner outfits inside. See, I have this all planned out…
    And Taku, since you asked politely… Yes you can visit. But only during visiting hours.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009 edited

Please make sure my cabinet stays locked, RVL? Some of the victims things inside can be… noisy.

No One, it looks like you’ve been demoted to Igor to RVL’s Dr. Frankenstein. The Harley to RVL’s Joker. The… Kid Flash to RVL’s Flash. The Buckey to RVL’s Captain America. The Munsters to RVL’s Addams Family. Et cetera.

• CommentAuthorNo One

@Taku: Oh yeah you’re welcome to enter my weaponry. Just don’t touch any weapons of mine, thanks.

@ RVL: I didn’t know dungeons are part of fighting things. Anyhow, if they are, can we compromise? (First, find proof that dungeons are part of the fighting materials.) However, even though I said something about dungeons somewhere else in this forum, you’re totally welcome to the dungeons, I’m actually not a big fan of them. Just… don’t try to steal my other areas, or I swear, I will come after you and drag you to my torture chambers and test a new torture on you. (It involves screws and candles)

Please make sure my cabinet stays locked, RVL? Some of the victims things inside can be… noisy.

Of course, Taku. Iron vaults it is!
    No one., I suppose we can share the weapons… I get the most lethal ones though! As for your screws and candles… I SCOFF AT THEM. My torture chamber consists of Iron Maiden’s, among other primitive medieval torture devices. So don’t go stealing my dungeons.

Question: who are we torturing and why? Because I can assist if you like by donating their food rations…. bahahahaha. Heard of that chili that will literally burn a hole in your tongue?

}:D

WW, mostly characters that are very disagreeable (they are alive in the Castle, as well as ALL THE OTHER CHARACTERS IN THE WORLD OF BOOKS) (I KNOW, IT’S AN AMAZING THOUGHT) but occasionally the people who try to break in. After all, out accommodations are quite desirable, are they not? ;)
    Oh, and your food rations would be most welcome. :D

Somebody stick Bella in the iron maiden NOW.

Hmm, what to do with Edward….

If diamond is the hardest rock, shall we made an iron maiden out of that and stick him in it? Even then he wouldn’t die… I think we’d have to pour boiling pots of oil on his head and then burn him after putting him through the iron maiden. Now I need someone willing to make me a diamond iron maiden… Anyone?
    Oh, oh, as a reward you can help me kill him!

Maybe if we borrowed Gleipnir from Odin we could chain Edward down, then light him on fire. Who’s our liason to the Norse Gods?

Dibs on the garage! Maybe I can string up some high-speed wireless while I’m in there…

•  
      CommentAuthorRed Sky

I call the secret library that none of you will ever know about, because you never read this post.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Since the dungeons have been taken already, I’ll go with the tower floating above the main hall.

Moldorm, you can come and visit during visiting hours though. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

That sounds like fun! How much is the entry fee?
    Can I pay in rides on the various flying beasties living in the nest atop my turret?

If it’s not too much for which to ask, may I please have the northsouthern level and the easternwest wing? And may they be stocked with electricity, much paper, books, shelves and such? And a phone?

The electricity shall only be used for electroshock therapy, the paper shall be entirely in the size of square millimeters, the books shall all be Atlas Shrugged, the shelves will all be crooked and easily breakable, and the phone will produce an ear-piercing, hissing sound whenever someone calls you. Also, the phone-number for it shall be given out to all of the inmates.

Erm.

In that case, I’d like the rooms completely empty, not including air.

• CommentAuthorNo One

I’m away for one night and find this.

@RVL: I’ll help. Although you’re NOT getting the most lethal weapons. If you insist on having the most lethal, I’m afraid we’ll have to battle it out.

Scoff at screws!? You, madam, (it is madam, right?) obviously don’t know the torture that involves candles and screws. First, you heat up the screws with the candle flame, which is mild enough not to melt it. Then, you drill the heated up screws into the victims head. Then, you grab the screws (with pincers or wench or whatever) and yank it out. The screws’ grip will make it harder to pull, but hearing the victim’s scream will be worth it. It’s quite painful and will leave scars behind.

Since I’m still somewhat of a beginner, RVL, will you be my mentor in tortures as I can see we have the same interest?

Oh and if you’re seeking some torture for Bella and Edward, must it be the iron maiden? Why not the iron virgin or some other torture techniques? Why choose the iron maiden?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

...I have no words.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009

I disapprove of torture.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

What’s the point of this thread?

How much is the entry fee?

Maybe a few candles… There really isn’t much light down here…
    No one., I WAS HERE FIRST = I GET PRIORITY. Plus, I’d totally beat you if it came to a fight. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Plus, I’d be backing RVL up. Loyalty, and all that.

brandishes a hundred-foot-sword

• CommentAuthorNo One

smirks. Brings up bow and arrow and shoots at RVL then breaks TakuGifan’s sword You should know that the longer a sword, the heavier and weaker.

Aaanyway… where can I find the toilet?

Rocky! Thrae! Shadow! Light! Come over here… got a task for you guys.

@Pearl: Yeah, it IS against the Declaration of Human Rights… so I guess torture’s out… unless II doesn’t follow Human Rights…

Didn’t I mention? As I live in the dungeons, I’m a vampire. I can’t die. smirks

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

RVL, No One, I see you have a little skirmish on your hands. I’d like to point out that I can provide very effective weapons or mercenaries, for, shall we say, a small fee.

so I guess torture’s out… unless II doesn’t follow Human Rights…

But Edward isn’t human! And, apparently, nor is RVL. I’m also sure that she’s not the only one of questionable humanity among us.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009 edited

Torturing Bella and Edward just makes us Antis look bad.

Valid point. No torturing.

If you insist on fighting though, I’m totally backing RVL.

• CommentAuthorNo One

How come everyone’s backing RVL???

Since RVL isn’t a vampire, time to bring out wooden stakes and garlic! ^^

No torturing. RVL, wanna make a deal?

I give you my torture chamber and Book of Tortures, including the door guard. (A Metal Wolf, the name’s Steel. I’ll give you more details later) In return, I get nothing. OK? Is it fair? Or you could always decide what to give in return.

If you insist on fighting though, I’m totally backing RVL.

WW, I am honored that you’ve chosen me. :D
    No one., the deal seems pretty fair, but not really a deal… Shall we call it a surrender? ;)
    Puppet, OK, OK, I’ll try and be a little more mature… sigh
    Anyway… DUNGEONS ARE MINE!
    Heheh.
    ;P

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

Surrender? Are you trying to insult me?

Hell, forget it. How about I give you what I listed above and you give me the ownership of ALL the weapons in the weaponry? Is that fair? Even the most lethal weapon, I own it. Deal?

Can you just move to another place? Or, how about this, BUILD YOUR OWN DUNGEON SOMEWHERE ELSE. And leave me alone to brood.

• CommentAuthorNo One

I don’t want a dungeon. Never mind. Move to another place? Gladly. Sorry this all turned out so bad.

Hmmm…

Security. Yeah. Hey, if anyone hasn’t claimed it yet, I’ll take over security of this castle! Wahahahaha!!!

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I’m not sure I’d trust you with the keys/guns/cameras/turrets/swarms of remote-controlled robot guard gerbils.

...I concur on that point. Also, No one, the reason I’d back RVL is 1) known her longer and 2) think she’s more deadly than you :P

Heheh… ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

think she’s more deadly than you :P

By this Willow means that RVL is a mod.

oh crap, the post of head torturer is taken. Dammit. Do we already have a chief of security? Cause if not, I have “sight as a falcon” !

Ouch! My hand just moved on its own and slapped me, I dont know why…

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

You know, normally I’d keep out of this sort of thing…

But, what the hey. I’ll stake a claim on the storage/supply closet.

Word of warning: grab a map at the door, and don’t loose it.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

As it is a storage closet, would a mop be more appropriate?

sets up telephone pole Can I set up a nest here? I still have my kitten (grown up now) and a fleece blanket. ?

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010

Oh. Hey, I got my own army of wolves to protect/guard/attack/defend etc….

What can I do to prove to you that I’m trustworthy!? T^T

RVL’s a mod? Oh. I didn’t know that. ‘Kay.

What, I have to compete for position of Chief security? Well, since my hearing’s poor, to make up for that I’ve got a stronger sense of smell, powerful eyesight and a more sensitive touch! ^^ And my wolves are my ears.

No one – you wanted the spot first, so have it.

And should I take it that the post of head torturer is now vacant then? First thing I will do if I get the job is to move the torture chambers to one of the towers. It would be nicer that way. Plus, everybody would be able to hear the screams of my unfortunate victims, I mean, patients, through the windows. Wouldnt that be lovely?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

No one: what sort of poor hearing are you talking about? Because if we have to compete for position as Resident Deafie, so shall be it. What?

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

Security. Yeah. Hey, if anyone hasn’t claimed it yet, I’ll take over security of this castle! Wahahahaha!!!

And all the rest of you “head security” types, I’ve got complete control of the drawbridge. But I’ll hand it over if you can get me something better.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Hrm. So is the roof still free? Because dibs on that.

• CommentAuthorNo One

@Taku: Well, if no one else here is profoundly deaf, then I claim the Resident Deafie!!! Yeah, that’s the “poor” hearing I’m talking about. It’s VERY poor without hearing equipments, ehehehehe…

@falconempress: Why thank you!!! You can be my assistant. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

No one: I guess you win, I only have moderate bilateral congenital sensorineural hearing loss, not profound. I have aids, but I could feasibly survive without them. Very uncomfortable and confusedly, but there are different levels of survival.

Just out of curiosity, is your loss congenital (born with) or aquired? sensorineural (nerves, etc) or conductive?

Ooh, do your aids have the telecoil setting? Have you tried using it while passing under high-voltage power lines? Freaky.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010

I was born with it.

And yes, my aids have telecoil setting. LOL I haven’t passed under high-voltage power lines YET, but when I was in Sydney, I was able to hear radio waves and what they were saying. Definitely freaky alright. ^^

Yeah, I can survive (barely) without my hearing aids (and cochlear). Can you lipread?

Conductive?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Conductive is when the sound waves don’t reach your inner ear at all, either due to blockage, malformed eardrum, midssing/malformed bones, or so on.

I can’t lipread too well, but I do rely more than I think I do on body language and lipreading (it’s just that it’s not a skill I can consciously employ, but trying to hear somewoine when there’s a light behind them is somehow much more difficult than when I can see their face).

Down here in Melbourne, the trams sound like electric guitars on telecoil setting, and the train sounds like… really high-pitched whalesong? It’s difficult to describe.

do they know what caused it in you? As far as I know, mine was either genetic or mercury poisoning.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Mercury poisoning!?

If they do know what caused the deafness in me, they didn’t tell me. I’m going to ask my parents tonight anyway. ^^

Wait, you live in MELBOURNE!? really? really?

Electric guitars, eh? I’m yet to hear that. Telephone on telecoil setting sound like someone burping really quickly. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

ah, you get the telephone thing, huh? Say, do you remember analogue mobile phones? Those things were crazy, even on the normal setting.

Yes, I live in Melbourne. Yes, it’s much better than Sydney :P

Anyway, we are in danger of deraling this thread.

I have claimed the Babel Tower, with its lovely soundproof walls and lack of sharp edges. I also claim the electroshock room, just because nobody else has, yet. (Hey, it’s an Asylum. What sort of asylum doesn’t have free electric shocks whenever and to any portion of your anatomy you desire?)

What other towers are left? I want one for my torture examination room

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Oh, we all assumed you’d want the falconry tower, Lenka. I haven’t touched it, myself. Perfectly equipped for all your raptors’ needs.

I bags the Hobbit Hole on the twentieth floor. (Just so you know, I didn’t read any of the 77 other comments.)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Hmm, so if I’m Lord (Lady?) of the Rooftops, do I get the tower rooftops, too, or do those belong to the tower owners? And why is Puppet holding a giant syringe toward me?

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean

If you’ve seen him with it, it’s too late for you. That’s why I hide out in a closet in the back during the day.

I want the Falcon Tower! Thank you for mentioning it, Taku:)

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010 edited

I was brought here against my will! I SWEAR I didn’t murder Stephanie Meyer!

NOT THE SHINY BLUE PILLS!

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010

Can I have a closet? With a shelf? I truly don’t ask for very much.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Sure, Harry Potter, have your closet.

But the shelf costs extra, and the mops were there first.

Oh, and if I find out you’ve been using my Narnia portal in the back wall, there’ll be words to be had.

@helvengurl – blue pills? blue pills? giggle you will be lucky if they only give you blue pills and not entrust you in my care. pulls out a soft, fluffly feather my procedures only produce permanent results>:3

Stephanie Meyer

It’s StephEnie Meyer!

WEDONOTSHAREANAME!!!

Anyway, as always, I request the nonexistent nineteenth storey, with a perch for Jeremy the Crow.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

Cowers in corner

I think I should attack.

I just soiled myself.

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean

@TakuGifian: Narnia portal? Oh, you mean that Narnia portal? The one that I have been secretly using never found? Sure.