Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Exactly what it say on the tin, talk about comics, whether it be DC, Marvel, IDW, Dark Horse, Image, indie stuff, manga, Franco-Belgian, manhua, etc.

We also have tea.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited

Yay, tea! sips pretentiously

I was a big fan back in the day of Tintin and Asterix.

Alo, the X-Men, but I didn’t come across very many of those comics for some reason.

My mum’s Phantom collection is huge, and I used to love flipping through them. Kit Ghost-Who-Walks is awesome.

Blackest Night – rules.
    I liked Kingdom Come and Alex Ross’ artwork.
    Spider-Man selling his marriage – sucks!

Morrison used to rock but since Final Crisis? He sucks.

Alan Moore is a great writer if he keeps politics out of it. (even then he’s still pretty descent)

I’m ticked Barry Allan and Steve Rogers have returned. Why can’t they stay dead and let Flash & Captain America be legacy heroes? (indeed I’d say Cap should be the essence of a legacy hero)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

Meh. Maybe it’s just because I haven’t read any of Blackest Night except the main Blackest Night stuff and the Batman issues, but I’m not completely bowled over by it… I mean, it’s good and interesting and all, but I dunno. I’m just not obsessed with it.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

I was a big fan back in the day of Tintin and Asterix.

Hurrah! I’m a big fan of both. :D

Meh. Maybe it’s just because I haven’t read any of Blackest Night except the main Blackest Night stuff and the Batman issues, but I’m not completely bowled over by it… I mean, it’s good and interesting and all, but I dunno. I’m just not obsessed with it.

Well it’s not as good as Sinestro Corp (which was AWESOME) but it’s still a prime example of awesome comics.

Really you should read GL, GL Corp and the main BN to get the story. The rest is just fluff.

Got a GN of Sherlock Holmes by Leah Moore and John Reppion (Alan Moore’s daughter and son-in-law, respectively).

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited

I saw that at my local Boarders. Here was my response:

Hey, is that a Sherlock Holmes comic?
    And it’s by Alan Moore?
    Oh, wait, no it isn’t
    Nevermind.

Now I’m thinking I should have bought it anyway…

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

Yay, Batgirl #5 came out! I love that series so much. I knew Damian and Stephanie would hate each other.

Who here is a fan of Damian? I’m… not really getting it what little I’ve seen.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

I don’t mind him so much, but if I knew him in real life… he would be THE most obnoxious spoiled little brat of all time. So in the story, I hate him, but in general, I’m relatively ambivalent toward him.

I’m neutral toward him. While he’s certainly a brat, he really doesn’t annoy me that much.

And for anyone who’s interested, here’s a list of CBR’s favorites of 2009.

I haven't read the Punisher comics but I like the artwork and the concept.

Are they worth the money?

The MAX comics by Garth Ennis? Certainly. Warning though, since one of its arcs is arguably the darkest thing to have ever been done in mainstream comics.

Meh. Dark doesn't bother me and I have no problem with violent/brutal characters.