Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Scrivener. Have you got it? Is it good?

I don’t know about you guys, but just looking at it makes me want to abandon Windows and switch to Mac.

I’ve heard of it, but I don’t think I’d purchase it. It looks cool, though.

Have you heard of Liquid Story Binder? It looks so shiny and good. From what I’ve read on the NaNoWriMo forums, it’s very complicated and packed with features, but I think I’d like that.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

Hmm. Looks much better than StorYBook, which has no flexibility whatsoever… drives me crazy.

I don’t know about you guys, but just looking at it makes me want to abandon Windows and switch to Mac.

Noooo steph! Don’t go to the dark side!

Go 3rd party!

Huh. Stupid penguins.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

Huh. Stupid penguins.

GASP!!
    Oh, you did not just say that.

*waddle waddle*

I like Word just fine. While that software looks cool, it also looks like it would overcomplicate things. Plus, Macs are evil, as is Apple. Apple wants to take over the world and eat our brains.

And I don’t want Linux either. I want something that will run pretty much anything without needing a “special” version.

Plus, Macs are evil, as is Apple. Apple wants to take over the world and eat our brains.

True.

I guess one of the features I liked was the ‘corkboard’ thing, buuuuut… I like my stuff to stay in one place because I have a bit of a photographic memory and I work best that way. If you can scroll down the corkboard, that one place is lost. What’s the point?

I discovered something on Microsoft Word 2007 ed. You can highlight things and then make comments about it out to the side, and the thing will be highlighted in a red “balloon.” I can’t believe I didn’t discover this earlier. It will make editing so much easier whenever I get to that stage.

I know you can get that when you merge documents, but how do you do it otherwise?

Stupid Microsoft 2000…I’m lucky it has Word Count, let alone anything else.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

Oh, the commenting thing has been around for a while, actually. In Word 2007, look for “Insert Comment” on the Review ribbon, and in Word 2002, go to the “Insert” menu and then click “Comment”. It’ll insert the comment wherever the cursor is. Or you can highlight a section and it’ll put in the comment for the whole thing.