Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009

...What is this? oO

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited

Yes, it is context. And yes, this is even more squicky than the original. The original was, of course, squicky beyond all reason. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. Also, from the original article…

And it’s the same character in a different guise who has ensured brooding, fist-fighting, love-smitten Daniel Craig has been able to outdo Sean Connery and create the sexiest Bond ever.

Whaaat? Aw hell no. Sean Connery is James Bond. This lady already demonstrated no taste in literature; obviously, she also has none in movies.

Because in a real world of bad chat-up lines and fickle internet dates (or, for married types, the mundanity of mortgage repayments, childcare and work), doesn’t every woman dream of being the girl next door who can snare that noble, cultured, all-protecting man: passionate, dangerous and utterly devoted all at the same time?

Um… no? I’m sorry, but there’s a chinese curse “may you live in interesting times”. I actually kinda want the mundane, routine life. Why do people ignore all the fun stuff? Seeing kids smile when you praise the picture they did at school, feeling pleased with yourself for meeting a deadline, having fun deciding what deliciousness to make for dinner. Why is being human so boring? Do you really want to worry about psychotic undead beings? REALLY?

Yes, but she is only a year younger than he is.

Still! Urggggg. Creepycreepygetitawaynow!

I need a flamethrower to purge the unholy contamination away.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

You’re going to need more than that. I suggest finding a pair of priests and performing an exorcism.

I see what you did there.

I don’t CARE. I’m coming out with it! I’m in love!

Grabs a crucifix Back off, creep!

Juniper = creep

Edward = creep

Juniper = Edward!

I have to salute Juniper here.

Um… no? I’m sorry, but there’s a chinese curse “may you live in interesting times”. I actually kinda want the mundane, routine life. Why do people ignore all the fun stuff? Seeing kids smile when you praise the picture they did at school, feeling pleased with yourself for meeting a deadline, having fun deciding what deliciousness to make for dinner. Why is being human so boring? Do you really want to worry about psychotic undead beings? REALLY?

That’s the reoccurring theme of Supernatural – especially the latest episode. (one of the reasons I love that show)

Isn’t one of our saints a character from that show?

No, no, no! Juniper, COME BACK TO THE LIGHT!

And that article = major CREEPY.

Isn’t one of our saints a character from that show?

Who? THIS ONE?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

Why the wolf?

I don’t know why she did that.

That article is pretty disturbing, and if you really compare it to the real article, then he would be in love with Lizzie instead of Hillary. The actual cougar article has in love with the character that RPattz plays, so this person would be in love with Lizzie McGuire, which makes it even more creepy.

Yes, but I am afraid of the haterz so I was playing it “safe.”

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited

Why the wolf?

Because I’m Team Jacob, obviously, just like our dear St. Mark.

Thank you, by the way. :)

Oh, and thnk you, Juniper, for pointing out the hypocrisy of Twilight. If a lonely housewife lusts after a young male fictional character, it’s normal. If a lonely old man lusts after a young female fictional character, it’s creepy.

Unless said old man is Edward Cullen. Then it’s romantic.

I’m Team Jacob

^ Me too! (Until I heard that he ends up as a practicing pedophile in the third book.)

I’m Team Harry.

I’m Team Rocket.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’m Team Harry.

Psshh, Weaksauce. I’m Team Potter Puppet Pals. ;D

I’m Team Venture.

Psshh, Weaksauce. I’m Team Potter Puppet Pals. ;D

I’d like to join that team.

• CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

I’m Team Snape- he’s the best (written) anti-hero!

No whiny vampire boys for me, and no pedowolfs!

Snape is pretty awesome, especially with what we find out in the end about him.

Team Faramir!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I just had another “What the hell are we doing™?” moments.

Puppet, you can’t edit it away… you tried to dibs Snape!

Well, you’re a boy, and Snape is straight! MINE!

Growls

Team Faramir!

Silly fool, Figwit Lives!

Team Raoul!

“Of course!”

Or was that the wrong Raoul?

Wait, Raoul or Raoul?

The first one.

EDIT:

“Of course!”

Which Raoul was that?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009

Team Rocket’s rocking!

Well, Raoul de Chagny in the movie is pretty handy with a sword, but he’s a wimp everywhere else. So I’m going with Raoul of Goldenlake since he killed a giant and they named a fortress after him, which you gotta admit, is pretty cool.

So I’m Team Raoul either way anyway.

And I’m so glad to have given II one of its saints.

Which Raoul was that?

Um… the best one!

I was out of town when those were in vogue. Sorry.

Team Faramir!

YESSS! HEAR ME RAWR!

I cried when he went into battle and Pippin was singing and Denethor was eating his stupid tomatoes all apathetic and….bawls

I really need to stop thinking about this.

You realize the only way to solve this rivalry is to have a massive slashfic orgy crossover?

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

Team Alice?

Team James!

Now there’s a real vampire.

Nobody’s a part of Team Alucard?

Alucard looks demented in a crazy way, which is only less bad than Edward who is demented in a creepy way. James is best because he’s demented in a cool, alluring way.

If it was the Castlevania Alucard, I would be, but I never cared much for Hellsing, so no.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

If you’re going to go there, you might as well go to Team Cthulhu.

If you’re going to go there, you might as well go to Team Cthulhu.

Then we’d have to add tentacle pr0n to our massive slashfic orgy crossover.

Team Alice?

Heck yeah! (and this article pretty much demonstrates why you root for her)

Ours? It’s yours, lady.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

After I read he origin I had to take a cold shower. shudder

The pictures did burn. :D Especially when they were soaked in petrol.

Sly taking a cold shower while suffering the flu? DARN YOU II! YOU’VE KILLED HIM!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@OP – HURGHURGURK.

Juniper, you win OVER NINE THOUSAND Internets. Thank you so very much for putting this into context.

Everything with Twilight needs a good dose of real world and context. It is VERY VERY CREEPY that someone over 100 years old is obsessed with a minor. It is VERY VERY CREEPY that this creepy old man stalks her. It is VERY VERY CREEPY that this minor’s creepy old stalker is controlling and abuses his powers on several occasions to control her. It is VERY VERY CREEPY to begin with that 37-year-old married women are obsessed with Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen, and it’s VERY VERY CREEPY for 37-year-old married men to obsess over Hilary Duff.

/off-topic, sort of.

I lol to know that Nate reads make-up articles. I dunno, though, I don’t really like Alice’s “little girl” haircut in the movie. I wish she could have long hair and just outhawt Bella.

Thanks, Swenson. Where can I pick up these nine thousand internets? Can I have them before Friday?

Did I get the right link?

I dunno, though, I don’t really like Alice’s “little girl” haircut in the movie. I wish she could have long hair and just outhawt Bella.

As hawt as Kristen Stewart might be… Alice is still hotter than her, with or without long hair. (I’m not going to complain either way)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

I’ll ship them to you through the series of tubes (almost wrote “serious tubes” there!). Is that OK? According to the Onion, fiber optic cable doesn’t exist, but I’m sure we can still reverse the polarity of the neutron flow and apply some phlebotium to get them there on time.

• CommentTimeNov 19th 2009 edited

Aww, I liked Alice’s pixie spiky haircut. Actually, she ended up looking kinda like how I picture Tonks in my head.

That is not bubblegum pink and spiky! Also, she’s too tall and unTonks-ish. But if you look to the riiiight… just turn it pink, spike it a little, give her a smile and voila!

/tangent

I liked the haircut. I thought it was nice.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

Actually, she ended up looking kinda like how I picture Tonks in my head.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

SECONDED!

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited

Definitely. Lordy, I would go gay for Alice.

Edit: Nate, your make-up article is seriously wrong.

I have to be honest when I saw Ashley in the first Twilight film, her Alice look did not scream HOT MAMA to me but this picture sure does!

Lies.

I’ll be in my bunk.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

Manny loves you, Nate.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I have to be honest when I saw Ashley in the first Twilight film, her Alice look did not scream HOT MAMA to me but this picture sure does!

I actually think the exact opposite…

<<
    >>

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Precisely! That amazing hair style? The quiet, understated, un-teen-like kookiness? The only hawt boyfriend?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

There is no other Team.

(Apart from Team Tyler's Van, of course).

You Juniper… you could have achieved ultra-mega win if you had went with Hannah Montana instead of Lizzie.

I WAS GOING TO. I swear, I truly was typing her name out, but then I realized that she’s younger than Pattinson so some people would use that to ruin my point.

After reading that article: I LOVE MILEY CYRUS

......wait.

What? Was that me?

I’m sorry, Miley did not redeem herself. Finding something stupid to be stupid does not absolve her from her crimes.

Which are….

Pattinson has been center stage for so long I’m actually finding Zac Efron to be a fresh face

holy crap. You have enlightened me. Thank you.

Zac Efron looks better with red eyes. That just had to be said.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

So is he actually playing Light now, or was that just a hoax?

Pretty sure it was a hoax, but I can’t help but make the reference anytime somebody mentions him. Plus, it actually made sense this time.

What hoax?

When Death Note was really big, a bunch of internet people kept floating the idea that he’d be cast as Light Yagami in an American adaptation movie. Hence Zac Efron’s nefarious plans to become the god of this world, plans which you walked right into !!