Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Yeah, figures you would since GLASS IS A DELICIOUS MANFOOD OMNOMNOM

my gosh, sansa. I think we have our own II recycling bin.

Anyway, moving on.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d call you lot Twilight fans. To be honest, I’m somewhat embarrassed. With the amount of time collectively spent bashing and criticizing the books and subsequent films, I’m shocked at how you’re all willing to bolster their box office earnings.

Well, I wait until the movie is out on DVD. That way I can support my local video shop, which has ordered the not the franchise.

But thanks for speaking up, Rocky.

I sound so patronising. It wasn’t meant that way.

Also I talked to a girl who is writing a research paper on the bad effects of Twilight on the teenage population.

WIN.

I, however, would do rather a lot of things worse than simply paying to see a crappy movie before I’d eat glass. But to each his own.

Haha. I agree.

You guys are such girls.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

You’re right. My esophagus is simply not manly enough to handle ingesting broken glass. I should bow out of this conversation before I make more gender-related mistakes.

We all know that the male esophagus is made of steel and is nearly impossible to damage.

I bow to your superior throat power.

Too late! Everyone knows girls can’t eat glass because their teeth aren’t powerful enough to grind it down. Get with the program, Spanman.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

See? I’m too dumb to even get the process right. My apologies, O Manly One.

Move it to the Gender thread.

It’s part of my plan to direct more lulz there.

It’s alright. I can’t really expect everyone to to understand Manchanics on the same level a man like me does.

There’s a world record for how fast someone can eat a plane. Could you, sansafro, eat a plane?

Who exactly do you think you’re talking to? A better question is “how many planes?”

Well, fine, how many planes?

I don’t know for sure, but I’d guess somewhere between four and seven, depending on how manly I’m feeling at that particular time.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl

I think there should be a Roleplay for the story of Twilight after Bella jumps off the cliff, dies, and becomes a zombie. But I don’t feel up to the task of setting it up, and I wonder is anybody else interested?

Who exactly do you think you’re talking to? A better question is “how many planes?”

I lol’d.

I think there should be a Roleplay for the story of Twilight after Bella jumps off the cliff, dies, and becomes a zombie. But I don’t feel up to the task of setting it up, and I wonder is anybody else interested?

Is this as described in the comments thread of New Moon Predictions?

Late, but I love this line:

What Twilightverse vampires do in direct sunlight. No, really. No, really

Hee hee hee. ;)

Where’s this from?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Bella doesn’t seem to have a problem cheating on him with Jacob.

I’m not surprised, have you SEEN Jacob? ohboy! [drool]

Aw, now I want to go see it. <3

Steph, it was this link: http://cleoland.pbworks.com/Twilight. WiseWillow put it up.

Oh, that one.

Lol, the New Moon trailer just came on TV and it actually looks exciting.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in all my years, it’s that movie trailers lie. For example, the trailer for The Seeker: the Dark is Rising gave me the impression that it would be entertaining. It lied. That is the only movie that I came out of without feeling somewhat satisfied, and I’ve seen some bad movies.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009 edited

Trailers always either show all the exciting scenes, give away too much of the plot or both.

Or for comedies, they show the funniest parts in the trailer, and then the rest of the movie sucks. Or, and this goes for all movies, they show parts that look really funny/excited/awesome in the trailer, but those scenes are not actually in the movie. Deleted scenes do not belong in trailers.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009 edited

Well, spill.com has their review of New Moon up. The first half is before the movie, the second is after.

EDIT: Also, here’s MovieBob musing on why Twilight is so popular.

Some interesting pictures:

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I prefer Shinga’s second Twilight comic. Heh.

I heard that New Moon was supposed to be good, as opposed to the horrible Twilight adaptation. But this was all from fans, so maybe it’s biased.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

It has a 29% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so….yeah. Might be biased.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Every review I’ve seen says that it’s even worse than Twilight.

Really?

Wonder what the Twilight fans had against the original. (Other than the crappy special effects and stuff.)

Nono, it’s fanfervor. “OMG, IT’S EVEN BETTER THAN TWILIGHT!”

Wonder what the Twilight fans had against the original. (Other than the crappy special effects and stuff.)

The movie makers improved on the book.

The movie makers improved on the book.

Well, they did make it funnier… unintentionally, but still.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009

I'D JUST LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO WENT TO THE MIDNIGHT PREMIER NOT ONLY FOR ADDING TO THE OVERALL GROSS EARNINGS, BUT IN HELPING IT SET THE NEW RECORD FOR A MIDNIGHT OPENING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Guh?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’D JUST LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO WENT TO THE MIDNIGHT PREMIER NOT ONLY FOR ADDING TO THE OVERALL GROSS EARNINGS, BUT IN HELPING IT SET THE NEW RECORD FOR A MIDNIGHT OPENING.

Quit whining, even if nobody here had gone it wouldn’t had made any difference. And you can’t stop us from having fun, bad movies are the bes ones to laugh at.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Well, the Spoony One has posted his review of New Moon. Be aware, it’s about 45 minutes long.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

That was… brilliant.

I hate using the word… bu t-t-t-that was ep-p-p-epic

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I’D JUST LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO WENT TO THE MIDNIGHT PREMIER NOT ONLY FOR ADDING TO THE OVERALL GROSS EARNINGS, BUT IN HELPING IT SET THE NEW RECORD FOR A MIDNIGHT OPENING.

Well I’m glad you feel so strongly about it.

• CommentAuthorRocky

The previous record holder was 'The Dark Knight'. THE DARK KNIGHT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Somehow I knew it would be that…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Well, the Spoony One has posted his review of New Moon. Be aware, it’s about 45 minutes long.

XDDDD

That was… amazing. 45 minutes of Win™. :D

The previous record holder was ‘The Dark Knight’. THE DARK KNIGHT.

The Dark Knight will always be the better movie whether more people spend money to watch it or not. Sales are not always an indication for quality.

Rocky, calm down. New Moon will only hold the record until Deathly Hallows Part One comes out.

^^This is true. Deathly Hallows will more than likely beat the hell out of New Moon.

I agree with spooney, the rifftrax of twilight is AWESOME.

(except I torrented mine and tipped rifftrax so Twilight didn’t get a DIME)

EDIT: Spooney calling Jasper as “Harpo” is almost a direct quote from the rifftrax.

• CommentAuthorRocky

bq. Quit raging.

Fix'd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

NEW MOON BEAT THE DARK KNIGHT?!!!! There is something greatly wrong with this world. ARGEHBGHJAEGRAAKHRKJAEHRJKGADJHAKDFB.

^^ the exact noise I made when I read this. Batman 3 (if there is one, and there’d better be one) had better beat it or I shall be very upset indeed.

ARGEHBGHJAEGRAAKHRKJAEHRJKGADJHAKDFB.
    ^^ the exact noise I made when I read this

You can make a bunch of consonants as an impromptu noise? I salute you!

that review was also… epic..

I hate not having high-speed internet.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009

You know, it’s funny that the Twilight franchise’s leading male is named Edward, because I will always associate that name with:

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

HAHAHAHA!!! Thank you so much, you have now made high school (and all the Twihards there) soooo much more enjoyable for me!!!

I’ll always associate Edward for this guy.

And I can’t forget him.

My siblings and I are going to see New Moon, the better to mock it. Not the opening, but the extra showings that they need because they sold out the first few nights.

I live in a very small town. sob

I think of Edward Elric, yes.

I’m sorry for your loss, SmartAlien?

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

I’ll always associate Edward for this guy.

I saw New Moon last night for the sake of it and my brain imploded.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Join the club!

Yeah, I previously associated the name Edward with Ed Elric. Twilight kinda ruined the name for me.

I shall. With all the screaming in bed and such I swear Bella was on ice.

I have sometimes accidentally said cullen instead of elric when referring to the edward in fullmetal alchemist which pissed me off that its apparently in my head that much. ARGH! But I dont think the name is ruined. Maybe you should say it like they do in japanese to slightly differ it – edowardo

Edowaado.

Eh aa and ar sound alike enough, but yeah i know aa or ā is the correct romanization. I tried to learn Japanese a bit but gave up.

^
    Japanese grows on you!
    Actually, I grew up on Japanese, spent the first 4 years of my life in Japan
    Japanese was the first language i spoke xD
    I still remember visiting my aunts in america as a little kid, knowing only japanese whenever someone annoyed me I’d exclaim ‘Dame-yo!’ [dunno exactly how to type in japanglish, essentially means ‘stop annoying me’ or ‘stop it’ if i remember correctly]

My parents use to make it a point to remind of the expressions of random people in America who used to well baby me around (pull my cheeks, etc. etc.)

For those who don’t get the above:

•  
      CommentAuthorSilivren
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

So even though I severely dislike Twilight, I went to see New Moon in theatres because I heard that Gordon Tootoosie would be in it ( as Harry Clearwater). I was a big fan of Into The West, a mini-series (EPIC) that came out a while ago, and dammit! There are FOUR (Gil Birmingham, Gordon Tootoosie, Chaske Spencer, and the chick that plays Sam's woman) different actors from into the west that play Native Americans in New Moon. It made me kinda sad, now I feel torn between my hatred for the movie and my love for those people =(

But am I the only one who laughed hysterically when Edward left and the camera rotates around Bella sitting in her chair and the words "October, November, December" revolve around her? I couldn't help myself, totally overdramatic and a horrible piece of cinematography. She didn't even change her clothes for 3 months!! (Ew...)

Ok, according to Wikipedia, several reviewers praised Kristen Stewart’s performance as Bella.

•  
      CommentAuthorSilivren

I guess that doesn't say much for Bella's character...

Hey, she’s apparently squeezed blood from a stone.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Friend of mine posted this on FB:

bq. 95% of teens would cry if they saw the Edward Cullen at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP".

“DO A FLIP”.

Haha. It’s not like he would die anyway. They’d have to chop him up and burn him.

• CommentAuthorRocky

"DO A FLIP."

My new catchphrase.

• CommentAuthorRocky

ROFL

That's epic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Haha. It’s not like he would die anyway. They’d have to chop him up and burn him.

Maybe not, but at least it’d make me feel better…

I assume that’s a Bender reference.

Greatest Twilight swag of all time.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

I actually don’t find Rifftrax that funny…

<<
    >>

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

Blasphemy! Everyone, get your torches and pitchforks ready!

Twilight journals. No kidding.

Walmart also had an entire wall of Twilight books. And another wall devoted to vampire fiction in general. facepalm

I don’t go into the teen section in book stores now, not even for the laughs; the amount of vampire books that are clearly utter crap just really make me sad and make me want to weep for humanity.

Thomas S Hibbs’ review= has one of the best lines ever:

If the screeches from the audience during the screening I attended are any indication, then this film will, like its predecessor, satisfy the romantic longings of its target audience: twelve-year-old girls. For that group, the endless focus on star-crossed lovers hurts so good; for the rest us, it just hurts.

I also remember us talking about movie 1 vs 2…
    http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/drbaehr/2009/11/22/new-moon-selling-your-soul-for-puppy-love/

The production values of “New Moon” are held to a higher standard than the first movie, “Twilight.” For example, it does a much better job of staying true to the book than the first movie, and the character portrayals are much more believable as they demonstrate greater emotional depth. Although the actors give excellent performances, it is Kristen Stewart who carries the movie to the end. The screenplay is also well written, although some scenes had to be arranged differently than they were laid out in the book, but, overall, the movie is a fair and accurate representation.

That might speak worse of 2 than 1.

Also, I heard Ashley Greene on a radio show yesterday. She said New Moon was her favorite to film and that Eclipse was a lot more work and action for her.

So… take the preview what you will.

Must everything be white-on-black? Even a creative writing book?

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009

You know, apart from the cover, that actually looks like a good book (based on the bit I read).

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Oh, Twilight fans don’t you know a lot of the internet doesn’t like Twilight? Really now, find a better fml.

^^
    Made of 100% pure WIN... Iolcat happy…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I had a dream last night about going to see New Moon. Worst. Dream. Ever. It was sooooooo long, most of it consisted of a wolf running around, a band playing and a bunch of other weird stuff. by the time I had woke up it was only halfway through the movie.

Love the FML!

You people need to “dissapear”

#4 – On 11/27/2009 at 6:47am by teqifsha

Oh my gosh it’s Gloatia…

@ Puppet: my family was watching LotR with some family friends. Of course, me and my sister were just casually saying how hot Aragorn is, which then turned to me wondering how New Moon made more money than this awesome movie, to which my sister replied ‘Taylor Lautner’s abs’.

Apparently, the girl we were watching with had seen New Moon and liked it. Oops. Never would have taken her for the Twilight kind of person, especially since she’s pretty practical in most respects.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009

We can sum up her entire life in twenty words. Watch:

Stephenie Meyer grew up in the Southwest, got married, had kids, wrote some books about vampires and got rich. Batman.”

We threw “Batman” in there to make it more exciting.

Well, Batman does make everything more exciting.

Oh jeez, I’d seen the cover of that comic before, but the insides just made it so much more horrifying.

the comic makes my eyes bleed

the FML is kinda mean actually. It’s going into more personal attacks.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2009 edited

That’s what they do best. This one is the better example of a true fml (I think most have seen it, but still, it’s the best).

what does fml stand for anyway?