Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009

Post any Twilight related things here….

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

Don’t we already have a whole category devoted to this?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yeah but instead of starting a bunch of single threads that only get a few posts before dying and clogging up the forums, we can just post it here and be more organized…

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/10/president-elect-obama-reads-twilight-so-is-he-team-edward-or-team-jacob/

Let’s hope the Obama girls are smart enough to know it’s a bad book….

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

Well damn…

Robert Pattinson for Secretary of Dreamy Eyes?

cough Excuse me?

I’d elect Paul McCartney for Secretary of Dreamy Eye. Or Jim Sturgess.

Or Javert. Hell, yeah!

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Please, someone with blue eyes deserves that position.

Not necessarily dreamy eyes, but Elijah Wood’s eyes are almost a Mary Sue colour.

Blerg. Blue is overrated. I love brown eyes. And green is nice, too.

I love Elijah Wood’s eyes swoon

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

How is it possible that Meyerpires eyes can change color with mood and hunger?

(Yes I know we are talking about vampires… but I’m seeing if there is some scientific way to explain it…)

Aw, Elijah has pretty eyes.

I do prefer green eyes over blue, but that’s for another thread…

Anyway, I didn’t find the eye color switching as ridiculous as other things. Gold when they’re not hungry, and black when they’re not? Maybe if they’re hungry, their pupils become larger, so they become black…?

Yeah, like I said, not really that silly.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

I don’t know. Being hungry could affect their body chemistry, which could change the pigmentation in their eyes. Like when a lizard changes from green to brown. Or maybe they have cuttlefish eyes. (stars humming “Lucy in the Sky”)

How is it possible that Meyerpires eyes can change color with mood and hunger?

You know, I only realized just now that Edward has Sue!Eyes. facepalm

I’d like to nominate David Krumholtz for Secretary of Sexy Hair:

swoons again

joins QC on the floor

• CommentAuthorUn-Dante'd

Laughs at the silly women.

grabs Un-Dante’d knees while on the floor and pulls

• CommentAuthorUn-Dante'd

Falls onto SQT.

rolls on top of Dante (May I call you Dante?) Let’s take this to the Perv thread.

I’d just like to say that over last weekend, a friend shared with me an anime that…

Well the only way to describe it is twilight for guys.

My cousin used to watch that. I don’t know if he still does. There are so many series with male fanservice that it is completely and absolutely commonplace.

Hey, my hair looks just like that guy’s.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009

Those skirts are completely ridiculous, even by anime standards.
    And yet I can’t tear my eyes away…

I’ll never understand panty shots. Japan… – ________________ –

See? Twilight for boys.

Believe it or not, I wasn’t just pandering to the chicks. I just don’t find panty shots appealing, and knowing what I know about Japanese predilections, my reactions to them range from exasperated annoyance to outright revulsion. If that’s your bag, I’m not gonna judge, but I just don’t care for them.

THIS.

MmmK, I know I’m resurrecting a thread I’m not supposed to, but I think it’s better to resurrect one than to start a new one. I thought this article deserved our merit. I started weeping when I read it.

They are also producing the Paul Schrader-scripted “The Dying of the Light,”

As in, “Rage, rage against the dying of the light”? DON’T RUIN THAT POEM! IT DOESN’T DESERVE YOUR RUINATION!

“`Twilight’ has proven she more more about what works than most.”

I know it’s a typo, but… heehee.

I saw the New Moon trailer while watching Julie&Julia. My sister and I, if we see it, will only see it for Taylor Lautner. Bella in a fetal position is hilarious.

On an unrelated side note, I saw the trailer for 2012 as well. I laughed silently.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited

If anyone has seen this fb page before, well, added point to me not knowing about it before now.

Oh, but the funny thing is how I found it.

A cousin became a fan.

A male cousin.

A fifteen year old, male cousin.

Ordinarily, I would suspect. But… not him. He’s a stereotypical GANGSTAAAA teenager. Or so I thought…

My cousin has to give a five minute speech for class soon, and he’s considering giving one ripping Twilight. He’s seen the movie, but he hasn’t read any of the books. Anybody have any suggestions?

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009

Hmmm. I wish I had bullet points, but let me see…

1. Purple prose. May I point to the meadow scene with the incandescent, scintillating arms?
    2. Abusive relationship. Watching her sleep for a month without permission, ‘nuff said.
    3. Shoddy love story, no basis for the obsession. Smells delicous-omg he’s so hot! Love, really?
    4. Lack of a plot until 3/4 way through.

Thanks, Willow. I’ll pass those along. I think it’d probably be best to recommend he focus on the unhealthy Bella/Edward relationship and the sexism/pedo stuff, since I’m not sure he’s necessarily writer-ish enough to convincingly snark at the prose. Also, part of his motivation is to poke fun at some Twilight fans in said speech class, and they’d more likely to be ruffled by criticism at the TWU WUV stuff.

He may want to mention that the beginning was RIDICULOUSLY slow, but I think the sexism/pedo stuff is his best bet. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009

If anyone has seen this fb page before, well, added point to me not knowing about it before now.

Why is it that his face reminds me of Sylar?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Why is it that his face reminds me of Sylar?

8D That would make Twilight way more interesting.

1,102,883 fans

Um, this imposter has only logged in. He hasn’t done anything else.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=24258329196&topic=8419 = most off-topic discussion ever.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

On the arguments against Twilight- depicts a very unhealthy relationship favorably. Basically, they start dating because he wants to kill her and she’s attracted to him against her will (because the attraction is, after all, the whole point of Meyerpires). None of this “getting to know one another” or “becoming close friends” stuff first, nope, they jump straight to obsession. When one member of the pair leaves, the other falls into intense depression for like six months straight and does ridiculously dangerous things out of hopes that she will hear a hallucination of the “leaving” partner, eventually committing near-suicide (JUMPING OFF A CLIFF INTO DANGEROUS OCEAN WATERS DERRR), leading the other partner to quite literally commit suicide… or at least he would’ve if she hadn’t stopped him.

And worse yet, it’s depicted as completely normal, acceptable, and desirable.

This behavior is called demonic possession, a state Jesus came to set captives free from.

This is from an Evangelical post against Twilight (finally), but among the things it claims (Stephanie Meyer communed with demons to write Twilight, vampires are evil and real, etc.), I have to say that it has incorrect grammar: it ends with a preposition.

Normally I wouldn’t mind criticism of Twilight, but if it’s not done well then it simply adds to the opposing side.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009

If Stephanie Meyer had communed with demons to write Twilight, I can’t help but think the end result would have been much more compelling.

If Stephanie Meyer had communed with demons to write Twilight, I can’t help but think the end result would have been much more compelling.

Yeah… that’s what they WANT you to think…

Haha.

He looks like he has leprosy.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009

... oO

Where did you get that…

It’s weird that the guy looks like RPattz, but the girl does not look like Kristen.

It’s not weird at all, if you think about it.

Actually, Bella looks a bit like a wax figure, while Edward looks diseased.

His leg isn’t too far from what the disease looks like.

I’m trying to figure out how that pic was done (looks partial painting, CGI, photo…)

The girl does look like she has Kristen’s jawline.

Nate: Oh, I just googled “Edward sparkles” to prove that it was the best scene from the movie and this was the first image to come up. The website is rather interesting if you are into that sort of thing. Please note that it is a .org, not a mere .com.

Yeah, I’d wager $23.80 that the artist looks like the girl in that picture. It sure ain’t Kristen Stewart.

Well, you figure this was obviously made by Twilight fans, and they would replace Kristen Stewart if they could. There’s no such reason to substitute out RPattz’s image as Edward, if that makes sense.

Does anyone else find the cardboard standups of Edward to be really creepy?

Ok, this made me laugh:

One of the big complaints with Twilight was the absolutely cheesy effect used to make Edward Cullen sparkle in the sunshine. Rumor has it that this effect will be improved in New Moon–apparently even the script notes that the sparkle is “better than in Twilight”.

Umm… I don’t think there IS a right way to do it.

Juniper, thank you for not posting the 2nd picture.

Actually, it’s pretty good, except for the faces.

Oh balls. The Firefox window cropped out the faces, but I had to enlarge it to see what you were talking about.

CANT UNSEE

I would change Edward’s appearance. I’d make him look like Will Smith, his character would gain awesome points (and probably a few guns), the whole plot would change into a more genuine sci-fi/horror drama and suddenly Twilight would be worth reading.

Edward is a corpse in that second picture. Bella is making out with a dead dude! EW.

The girl looks slightly more like Kristen Stewart. Edward looks like a zombie who is high on something.

No, he’s just a corpse. She drove a stake into his heart and now she’s playing with him.

I would change Edward’s appearance. I’d make him look like Will Smith, his character would gain awesome points (and probably a few guns), the whole plot would change into a more genuine sci-fi/horror drama and suddenly Twilight would be worth reading.

Yeah… that sounds so familiar...

I am so not wading through that mire to find what you are referencing. Did you already rip off my planned fanfiction????? Like I am Legend except in Meyerland?

It’s just my parody/fanfiction work, all the links right there on post 1.

There’s a New Moon preview on at this very moment.

“You’ve killed people, Jake.”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yes. ._.

Okay, I will read. It’s not like I can’t get away with ripping your fanfiction off. It’s been done before….won’t say whom by….

NeuroPlat: Jacob kills people??

Puppet, were the one who kept posting about the cutouts of Harry and Edward and how people kept taping word bubble things to them to make them argue?

EDIT:

NeuroPlat: Jacob kills people??

That’s what Bella says in the preview. He doesn’t kill people; he kills vampires. He says that he only kills vampires.

Nah, I get that, my Obama stand up and an aragorn stand up and pretend they’re fighting.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Puppet, were the one who kept posting about the cutouts of Harry and Edward and how people kept taping word bubble things to them to make them argue?

Yeah, I think Edward is still at my library…

Okay, I will read. It’s not like I can’t get away with ripping your fanfiction off. It’s been done before….won’t say whom by….

People have ripped off fanfiction in general, or you mean someone’s ripped mine specifically off?

There is a stand-up of Edward in our mall. Right behind him was a stand-up of Legolas for the longest time. He looked all *issed off, glaring at the back of Edward’s head. Made me feel a little better, like I wasn’t alone in my silent rage.

Just imagine a bunch of arrows in Ed’s chest spelling out a big “L” before one final one goes into his heart…

People have ripped off fanfiction in general, or you mean someone’s ripped mine specifically off?

I was trying to subtly refer to authors of whom we are all aware who have ripped off fiction, fan or legit, in the past.

I was trying to subtly refer to authors of whom we are all aware who have ripped off fiction, fan or legit, in the past.

Ah, wonder who you could be thinking of…

Don’t look

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited

There’s nothing to look at. :P

Edit: You’ll have to put a space between each “hide” and “!”.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@Juniper
    Put spaces between the hidden text things and the exclamation points.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

His abs look like a basket of onions. Just sayin’.

textile > Juniper

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Spanner: Or a bunch of rolled-up socks under pastry dough.

Going right back to the second meadow image: Why does Edward’s arm look like one of those greasy fat-spotted sausages you buy at independant butchers’, the contents of which you are never sure? It almost looks liver-spotted. Not to mention jaundiced.

It’s horrendously inaccurate anatomically, but I doubt the artist cared.

The scene where Bella is kissing Edward as he’s propped up against a tree: the colouring is odd and I’m certain that there are some weird anatomic mistakes, but yeah.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Spanner: Or a bunch of rolled-up socks under pastry dough.

Your analogy wins.

P.S. The name’s Spanman.

I can see his pelvis. Ew.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009 edited

Did anyone else notice the position of his left hand, and wonder what he’s going to do?

EDIT: Also, this

Edward is a corpse in that second picture. Bella is making out with a dead dude! EW.

In other words, it is perfectly correct canon-wise.

Don’t look

I did. I love Edward; he’s all “Ima kill you… with my BLEEP!” He’s clearly motioning it with his hand. Dammit I just noticed Apep’s response.

But when did Edward turn brunette? I’m sorry, but you can’t change his personality that easily, bucko.

I love that, Apep.

The Sparkling. Ends. Now.

:D

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009

Nah, I get that, my Obama stand up and an aragorn stand up and pretend they’re fighting.

Very good, Nate. That is the only logical thing to do with an Obama cutout and an Aragorn cutout, of course. Which one’s winning?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009

No offense to Obama, but Aragorn is way more badass.

Yeah… gotta go with Spanny there.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Well, Obama hasn’t had that many opportunities to show off his badassitude when compared to Aragorn.

No offense to Obama, but Aragorn is way more badass.

Agreed. There are very few people in this world who are more badass than Aragorn.

Agreed. There are very few people in this world who are more badass than Aragorn.

Someone like… Chuck Norris?

(of course, there WAS Teddy Roosevelt but I think he “died” so he could go to Middle-Earth and become Aragorn to straighten them all out)

• CommentTimeNov 11th 2009 edited

Indeed. One of whom is TEDDY ROOSEVELT!!!

And Winston Churchill. And George Washington.

Edit: I didn’t see Nate’s post because it wasn’t up when I posted. I move that our mutual immediate thought of Teddy makes Teddy win forever.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yeah… gotta go with Spanny there.

However, if Obama learned swordplay and the subtle art of inserting relevant poetry into any given conversation, I may have to amend my statement.

P.S. The name’s Spanman.

The name’s Spanman.

I think that ship has sailed. XP

Yes, Teddy was badass. Apparently he did jujitsu, thereby earning the eternal respect of my elder sister.

Apparently he did jujitsu

No he didn’t…

He also boxed for fun. With diplomats. Heehee.

I assume you mean he’d wrap his fists with diplomats before fighting. (as that’d be only fair to any normal person)

No no, when diplomats visited him, he made them go hiking etc with him. And he made them practice boxing with him. Know why we had no wars in Teddy’s time? He scared the CRAP out of all the ambassadors!

:D