Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJamie
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited

I was wondering if any of you knew about SevenWrite, a blog for writers created by Ben (Spinner) of IF and Seventh Element. I was reading through it today, and it has some really great articles about writing.

To post a link, type the word you want hotlinked (say, blueberry), then enclose it in quotation marks ("blueberry"), then type a colon ("blueberry":), and then put the link after it ("blueberry":http://www.google.com). Also, make sure comments are formatted as Textile.
    • CommentAuthorSlyShy

Nice looking site… although, they don’t know much about typography, which is really a shame for any text-heavy site. You need some space between paragraphs, please.

Also… considering this is an article attacking immature writing, it’s ironic how immature the advice itself is. Otherwise it’s a nice critique of Inheritance. :P

This article might as reference the fact that Paolini was copying…

...I can’t stop criticizing anything remotely related to Inheritance. Damn. But actually, some of the articles on there are pretty useful.

Oh, they bought the theme. That explains that.

• CommentAuthorJamie

I suddenly saw the help link next to Textile and felt like an idiot. Thanks though!

I agree that the advice in the article written by Allison is immature, but she did say that she’s going to have future articles that will elaborate on how to write better.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009

Not that I don’t disagree with her general sentiment, heh. Most teenage writing is remarkably shitty.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I didn’t even bother reading Allison’s. I find it all kinds of funny that it comes from IF people, and, well, as shown on this forum John Scalzi did it first three years ago. Three years ago.

On the ball there, eh?

Edit: I’m sorry, that was mean. I’ll stop being me— THREE YEARS AGO.