Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited

Hi! waves frantically I love princesses and pwetty flowers like this one!

It’s sparkly!

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009

Ooh, ooh! COLORING BOOKS!

Seriously, my roommates and I are going to have coloring books and art supplies in our common room this year, for de-stressing purposes.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

YES! Coloring books are awesome! And so are children’s lands.

Part of one of my science classes involves coloring books as homework.

We should all totally create a fantastic kid-land (you know, our own Narnia/Terbithia thingy).

Dibs on designing the geography of it!

•  

Darn you.

Well, then, I do the characters. But someone else gets to draw them, I can’t draw.

Ooh, who wants to name it?

I get dibs on writing some of the country’s history!

I get some, too!

I say… Miragia.

The land of Miragia. Its western and northern parts are bordered by sea, the south by an impenetrable desert, and the east by a great forest. The north is naturally coldest, though the land of Miragia is temperate. The capital of Arn is in the center of the kingdom on the great river Boreon. The west of the country is for the most part plains and fields. The east and north are forest.

I love giant robots that wear sunglasses.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Lego’s…. <3

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I like LEGO, Gargoyles, action figures, trading cards, dinosaurs, aliens, Doctor Who (it was a weird thing for a small child to like before it was popular again), princesses, magic, birds, people with wings, massively oversized swords, children’s TV and pretty dresses.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Lego is freakin’ awesome. Way better than playmobil.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

My childhood obsssion was…

electric guitar riff

Beast Wars!

:D

I like Gargoyles, Power Rangers, Jurassic Park (I was terrified), and Japanese RPGs.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Japanese RPGs aren’t childish!
    Barret says naughty words!

Oooh.

I’m going to go sit in my closet and try to get to Narnia!

I used to cut out paper dolls and build giant paper houses for them on big art sheets of paper. Of course, I was only five, so architechturally they weren’t great. No hallways.

Oh, and I used to play with my stuffed animals…I failed biology too. (Snowy my Himalayan cat and Blackie the black lab are married. Teehee)

I made up a secret magical world with my stuffed animals. And then all of a sudden, I thought I was too old and didn’t.

I miss it. It’s sad.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I used to make cut-out 3D net things of pterosaurs out of paper and stuff them with crumpled tissues. It wasted so many school resources, but it was so much fun!

I still like Pokemon, despite the fact that the franchise was murdered by the time they released RSE.

Someone shoot me

•  
      CommentAuthorRandomX2

Pokemon, Dragonball Z and any other old school anime!

Lego, too. And books. And Super Smash Brothers for the N64.

•  

I used to sit in the closet and hold entire conversations with an imaginary Mr. Tumnus. My sister always got mad that she was younger but I got to be Lucy. Then, of course, I turned into a total Susan…

Count me in the colouring book love.

I want to draw pictures of everyone in Miragia now. I’m just… not that good, though.

Who cares? It’s fun!

Legos! Ooh, legos, how I miss thee…. greatest thing is having an excuse to play with them.

“This lego castle? Oh, I built it for my nephew….”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Ditto.^^

I'm starting to dislike Lego more and more these days, raising prices while lowering peice count. *grumbles* it should only be 10 cents per piece.

I never knew the price…. but yowch.

Wowww.

A whole ten cents for those tiny things? Five cents per small, model-size ones, and ten cents each for the chunky ones, like the ones I had.

Ohhh. Five cents each for the small ones. That’s ok then. I thought he meant ten cents per small one… ick.

I think he did mean 10 cents per, as an ideal price. I was expressing my outrage.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

It’s sets like these that I love Lego for.

I had this exact set when I was a toddler.

Oh my gosh. I had that as a five or six or seven year old!

Man, there was this child-care place I used to stay on Saturdays when I was a kid that had the most massive collection of duplos ever, and this big table thing with a duplo surface. Made some pretty epic structures.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009

Hell, who am I kidding? I still do that….

So do I, so do I.

<<
    >>

I wish Narnia existed. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Oh man, duplos rocked!

I used to have a set of these!

Magic exists. Yes, yes it does!

• CommentAuthorliadan14

I wish Narnia existed. D:

I…used to write letters to that owl in the silver chair asking him to take me to Narnia. In my defense, my dad read it to me when I was all of five, so I think that’s an excuse. Then again, he read LotR when I was six, and I definitely didn’t write to Gandalf.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I had that exact same marble run!

More awesome LEGO sets:

Indigo Island:

Dark Dragon’s Den:

Skull Island:

Interstellar Explorer:

Spyrian robot whose name I’ve forgotten:

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I still play with Lego’s occasionally. I have my masterpiece though, a spaceship.

I make stuff out of black legos. I made a house for a guy called Headless Harry.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

All the originals lego sets were the best, for money value and play value. These days lego is just copying old themes and making them worse, like Rock Raiders into Power Miners, and Life on Mars into Mars Mission. Also, the first Bionicles were the best. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yeah I remember the first bionicles.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

My brother used to have the first three of those sets that Moldorm posted, before I was born and destroyed them all. The skull one may still be intact, though, somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

The cowboy sets were the best, I remember when me and Sly used to play with these:

Johny Thunder was also awesome, but now they’ve got Indiana Jones (whom I don’t like as a lego D: .)

We still have this guy:

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I remember when Lego Club Magazine called him Sam Grant, and also nagging my parents constantly until they bought me the big pyramid sphinx set for Christmas.

I loved Rock Raiders! We had the PC game, and the one with the light-up laser!
    I liked how they did those little comic strips with the Rock Raiders and Star Wars sets.

Of those sets I posted, I only had the fifth. I eventually got the first years after they stopped selling it, and still mean to buy the others eventually.

I had the medieval one, complete with a lego Robin Hood. It was AWESOME.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited

Johny Thunder > Indiana Jones. Had to say it. Anyway, Lego bricks were basically my entire childhood. And then I moved on to computers where I still put things together using little tiny bricks of code. :D

Eh. Computer not as awesome as legos. I used to want to be an architect when I was very little, because I loved the legos so much. Then I found out about all the math involved, and….

I’ve wanted to learn coding for a while, but it’s coding. Difficult. Where would I start? How? Who? etc.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I love motorizing my lego’s, cars, helicopters ect. I just have to add a motor to them. :D

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

I’ve wanted to learn coding for a while, but it’s coding. Difficult. Where would I start? How? Who? etc.

Read _why’s (poignant) guide to ruby. It is absolutely the most fun you could have while learning programming. I’ll help out if needed. :-)

I never got much into Lego sets because all the characters were guys. I was at the age where boys still had cooties.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yeah that sucks, all the girl sets they make are just ridiculous.
    54 pieces for 20 dollars? Really?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited

WHYYYYYY?!!! WHYYYY must “girl” versions of things be pink and have ponies! WHYYYYY?!!!!!

sigh

Actually, I was a fairly stereotypical girl when I was little, playing with Barbies and stuffed animals and my pink dollhouse. Of course, this is assuming that stereotypical girls play “war” with the evil Barbies oppressing the good Fisher-Price dollhouse dolls. The Barbies, being larger, almost won every time… but in the nick of time, the dollhouse dolls’ giant friend (my stuffed horse named Midnight. It was black-colored. I was seven. What can I say?) arrived to save the day.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I built a three foot long aircraft carrier when I was.. ten? It was fun.

Sweeeet.

My Barbies almost all eventually ended up headless. I’m not sure exactly how/why I did that…..heh.

On the other hand- playing dress up. Best. Thing. EVER!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I have a obsession of making human-like Bionicle figures. >.>

I was a stereotypical girl. I think I still am, in some ways. Not really in others. :D

I used to have a set of these!

I did, too! I loved my marble rollers!

My Barbies almost all eventually ended up headless. I’m not sure exactly how/why I did that…..heh.

My Barbies were rarely used, so their hair inevetibly became tangled. It was only when I got older that I started dressing them up. I would dress them up and have fashion shows, complete with tiny little pieces of paper on thread for medals and certificates and trophies made of paper… I was really into little delicate things.

I really want a dollhouse with dolls that fit. One day, I will buy an old, awesome dollhouse, a real one, not those disgusting plastic things.

I WANT. NOW.

I. WANT. NOW. TOO.

Is so pretty!

It was Queen Mary’s, apparently.

See, this is why it’s good to be a princess. You get freaking fantastic dollhouses!

Read _why’s (poignant) guide to ruby. It is absolutely the most fun you could have while learning programming. I’ll help out if needed. :-)

I am, like the White Rabbit, always late to reply. Thank you.

I love Lego. I am a Star Wars freak, so I have a lot of Star Wars Lego sets. I got them when I was about six, so I wanted to build the alternate sets. Of course, I never finished them, so they lay around in pieces for a long time. Two years ago I decided to rebuild them, so now I have complete Lego sets.(almost) My favorate set is my X-wing. The one that had Biggs and the maintaince guy. I also have the Y-wing and Tie Advance, which they don’t make anymore.

Also, the first Bionicles were the best

Oh yes, but I only have Kopeka and Lewa, and they’re both missing pieces.
    I got a few of the Johnny Thunder sets, but they are all in pieces.
    The Rock Raiders were awesome. I have the Base(reassembled) the Granite grinder, and a few others all dissassembled.
    I know I’m late on the Legos, and I’m Going on and on, and I’m stopping now.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009

I stopped paying attention to Bionicle when I realised how impossible it was to follow the storylines and keep up with the latest range of models…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009

Ditto.^^

I stopped paying attention to Bionicle after that stupid Hordika arc.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Silly LEGO tie-in sets.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Are they going to team up to make X-men Lego sets? Three tie-ins for the price of one!

Lego is just plain awesome

My sister most of the Star Wars ships. That was fun.
    I still liked the under-water explore submersible ones. We used them for everything, including our beanie babies.

Ahhhhhh....I had a great childhood. I remember hunting for "diamonds" with my sister. (One of our windows broke and some of the little tiny pieces of glass got shuffled in with the bark in the rose-bush bed.

*wanders down memory lane*

My little brother and I used to hunt for fairy tunnels (sometimes the snow melts into a tunnel shape, or a mouse or something makes a tunnel). We had such fun…

Also, killing spider egg sacs by burying them in snow. There’s a lot you can do with snow…

My friends and I made an entire Lego city once. We all had families and houses, and we made a restaurant, a hospital, a school, a play place, and a bunch of other stuff.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009

My sister and I built and acted out a Lego version of some mystery story once… it was back in the day when we were obsessed with the Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden, no doubt. It was rawther a lot of fun, and I wish I could remember the actual story… meh, it probably sucked anyway.

Best set ever.

I was sick once, and I did those LEGO playsets. I had a couple of Harry Potter ones.

• CommentTimeNov 18th 2009

I was feeling nostalgic, and this is the best thread to post in… anyone else remember Wishbone? It’s what got me into books at first… all the stories, with an adorable doggie in costumes! :D

What’s the Story, Wishbone?

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Wow. I remember that show. The real problem was that they had to cut the stuff from the books down to maybe 15 minutes to fit it in with the non-book story, usually to the detriment of the book. I remember the episode about The Odyssey, and they cut it down to the last bit of the story.

But…but…

Whosa good doggie? Yousa good doggiewoggie! Whosa bwave, bwave Wobin Hood doggie?

It was a good introduction into the classics for kids; I remember begging for the books after each new episode. Luckily my parents believed in regular trips to Half Price Books :D

Half Price Books was boss.

• CommentTimeNov 18th 2009 edited

Ahem

IS boss. Christmas shopping in one stop FTW!

Oh, didn’t realize it was still around. I guess not hearing the jingles when I stopped living near Austin/stopped listening to the radio probably led me to assume the worst.

Well, it’s still here in Indiana… we loves our HPB. So, so much. My local one has names on all the book carts, such as “Magna Carta” and “Cart Vader”. Also, they have, on multiple occasions, played the LOTR soundtracks while I’ve been shopping there.