Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    The time I'm able to spend on here will be greatly reduced to almost no time at all because marching band camp starts tomorrow. It's twelve hours, 8-8, so time at home will be spent eating, showering, and sleeping. Hopefully come Saturday I'll be able to get on more, but when school starts I won't be able to get on much either.
    So have fun this week :)

What’s band camp like?

I hope you have fun. Bye-ish.

Band camp is spending lots of time sweating under the sun learning drill moves for the show while upperclassmen yell at you because you're not as super awesomely cool as them, then practicing music inside and going back out during the last part of the day.
    It's still pretty fun.

Ah. It sounds like bookloads of fun.

Don't underestimate marching band. It's awesome. Except for the upperclassmen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009

Have fun. :)

What do you play?

Flute.

Nice! I used to, until I realized that I sucked.

Well, it's a hard instrument to play. I'm definitely not the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009

Nice! I used to, until I realized that I sucked.

Is that why you were no good at playing the flute?

Have fun, Qui!

@Moldorm: I couldn’t even get a sound out of the blasted instrument!

First day done. If any of you have seen a Bubba Keg, I drank almost all of the water in it during evening rehearsal (5:30-8:00).

Did you have fun?

A little. We have a psycho instructor who rarely let's us rest and gives confusing directions. But everything else was good. Only four more days to go.

Heh, enjoy. evil grin

How was it today?

Yesterday was worse because one of the psycho helpers made us do a confusing step-off thing while playingnour music. While we move our feet to the tempo during inside rehearsal, we are now also supposed to move our left foot in the direction of our move on the actual field. If it sounds confusing it is. Today I woke up sick and am now laying in my bed. :P

Aww. Is that a good thing or a bad thing by this stage?

It was good, even though I missed some drill moves for our show. It'll be easy to learn them today though.

Ok