Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

They’re the windows to the soul, and very beautiful in my opinion. Except when they’re torn out of the socket and mailed to some unfortunate soul. shudders I shall never forget that NCIS episode.

Mine are brown, but I’ve always loved green eyes.

Yay, an eye thread! I also love green eyes. =) Mine are hazel. They are brown around the pupil and then green around the brown. I really like my eyes. Eyes are very pretty when not squished between someone’s toes (Kill Bill Vol. 2).

These aren’t too pretty either though.

Maybe green eyes are so awesome because they’re so uncommon. Who can I think of, off the top of my head, who has green eyes?

Harry Potter.

Ok, real people.

Um.

Amy Lee, perhaps. Her natural color is green, I think.

And Tarja Turunen. There was a pic of her where her eyes looked green, but I can’t find it.

That picture has very light green, even more rare, I think. I love that my eyes have some green in them. I like when there are a lot of colors visible in someone’s eyes.

Really? I always thought dark green was rarer than the very pale green.

This thread is made of winsomeness.

I love eyes. Those are pretty pictures. My eyes are green, though I would like to have very deep, almost black – brown eyes. Like a falcon:P

My eyes are this weird Mary-Sue mix of green, blue and grey. Needless to say they are my favourite parts of my body.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009

I think mine are blue, but I’m not sure.
    checks
    Yes, a nice, shiny bluey grey, with tinges of green. Although that might just be the lighting.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

My eyes are a really light, sort of drab blue. They look sort of grey most of the time. Some people say grey is a sign of a noble spirit (who figured that one out?) but it’s not true. They’re just trying to cover up the fact that grey eyes are boring.

Anyway! One of my ongoing missions is finding people with eyes that are truly green. My only deduction so far is that they’re depressingly rare.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

My eyes are a light brown. Its so thrilling.

My eyes do not look like this:

Dark brown is even more thrilling than light brown.

@Spanman: I think green is the rarest eye color.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Or that thing with two eye colors. I wish I could have that.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I knew a person with two different eye colors, I think it was a green and a brown eye.^^

My mom had a cat with a blue eye and a brown eye.

^^I wish I had a brown and a blue eye.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I want a…MULTICOLOR EYE!

Violet eyes is where it’s at.

Does Elizabeth Taylor really have violet eyes?

Yes. The exact color of violet eyes depends on the light.
    Here are three examples of Elizabeth Taylor, with three different eye colors.
    In the first they are dark grey, in the second they are blue, and in the third they are almost purple. I have never seen truly purple eyes, such as in the above picture.

Oh, I see. Truly purple eyes would be cool, though. I think they sell purple contacts now, but they’d look weird on me.

Lol, I didn’t know violet eyes were actually around. I always thought they were just allowable in fiction if used sparingly.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009

My eyes are blue-gray. They change color depending on the light- usually they look fairly blue, with a definite shade of gray mixed in, but under very strong light (like mirror lights in a bathroom), they look more blue, and under fluorescent lights I’ve been told they look more gray. Once I looked in a mirror and they even looked a little green! It was cool.

•  
      CommentAuthorAdamPottle

I don't have eyes. This discussion is exclusive and therefore offends me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

My eyes are hazel colored, but I wear green contacts to avoid people screaming “OMG YOUR EYES ARE LIKE CULLEN EYES!” [Yes, my friends have said this to me, and I hate it.]

DARK BROWN! Yup.

• CommentAuthorUn-Dante'd
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009

In the right light, my eyes are as follows:
    Yellow.
    Green.
    Brown.
    Hazel.

OMGOSH UR EYES ARE LIKE CULLEN EYES!

We should all post pictures of our eyes on this thread.

Like I said, right light. Darkness= brown :)
    Sunshine= dark yellow.
    Artificial= hazel and green, depending on the amount of light.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Purple eye picture is wearing contacts, that’s cheating! D:

I have borrrring hazel eyes.

/yawn

What’s boring about hazel?

My eyes are boring brown, but I have very long eyelashes that make mascara not very necessary. :D Good thing, because I’m too lazy to bother with it.

I got complimented on my lashes in grade six. “Tyler, you have beautiful eyelashes!”

My brother has the loveliest eyelashes, and once I told him so. Apparently, this prompted him to try and cut them off with scissors. (Luckily we stopped him before he could…but he almost poked his eye out!)

Wow, poor guy. I don’t think he planned that out, eyelashes in your eye is very uncomfortable.
    I’ve been told that I look like I am wearing makeup.

I just went and looked at mine to check. They’re mostly light green and become kinda brown around the pupil. Does that qualify as hazel?

One of my cousins has heterochromia, with a blue/brown combo.

I knew this one guy in junior high, and I swear the outside of his eyes were green and the inside were yellow. It was pretty trippy.

• CommentAuthorEric

I have blue/blue-green/blue-grey eyes depending on what color I’m wearing and the type of light I’m in. My eyes are by far my favorite facial feature, and generally the only part of my face I really receive compliments for.

Also, I think it’s hilarious that once I switched to my contacts after wearing glasses for years that all of my friends who are girls couldn’t stop staring at my eyes for a week. I’ve been tempted to keep changing back and forth ever since…

Wow, this makes me sound really vain.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited

Don’t forget David Bowie!!!!

Nomnom…..

I have medium brown eyes. They turn lighter in sunshine and look kinda cool, sorta amber gold brownish. I currently wear glasses, but I’m saving up for Lasik. I hate wearing glasses. They get dirty, scratch, make looking in peripheral vision weird, and it hurts to take them off. I want my eyes to work properly on their own, dammit.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I have really long eyelashes, and at times they can get annoying when I’m trying to read.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

Dark blue. That is all.

•  
      CommentAuthorDem
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited

I have no effing clue what color my eyes are. Sometimes they're brown. Sometimes they're green. Sometimes they're hazel (a color which I'm still not quite sure exists), but from afar they just look a color that can only be described as 'sewage'.

My mom hit the jackpot for eye color, though. She has eyes the exact color of jade. Curse genetics.

When people look into my eyes they have trouble looking away again. I take it as a compliment.

I’m surprised that this hasn’t been posted yet.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009

That’s my eye, guys. Occasionally my pupils bleed ink.

you’re of the equine persuasion?...or what?

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009 edited

I have mud brown eyes. Pretty boring. I have a weird dark grey-blue ring around them, though, it is odd.

I will also jump on the love-of-green-eyes bandwagon. Likewise, I’m surprised no one’s posted this yet:

Naphtali, that’s a goat, I think.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Gah, Elanor, there was a lady on the teevee with eyes like that last night.

They scare me. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

@ Spanman:

Wow, I didn’t know you were so hairy. =o

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yeah well. My hair is beautiful and creamy white, so who’s complaining?

@Naphtali: Definitely not. Horse eyes are boring! Why be a horse when you can be a goat?

• CommentAuthorFenix

I have blue-grey eyes

What amazes me most of all is that there are books that tell you the colour of the eyes of every character, this is stupid because:
    1It really doesn’t matter, ever.
    2 When I think about it, there are very little people of which I know the eye colour of, I once discussed this and other people agreed with me, apparently most people don’t even pay a whole lot of attention to ones eyes colour, so why bother describing it?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

What’s boring about hazel?

Eeeeveryone has hazel eyes. ;)

I will also jump on the love-of-green-eyes bandwagon.

I like green eyes, blue eyes, and gray eyes.

I personally find brown eyes (in general) boring. I know so many people with them—including 99% of my family—and the shade we all have is “bleh.”

What amazes me most of all is that there are books that tell you the colour of the eyes of every character, this is stupid because:
    1It really doesn’t matter, ever.
    2 When I think about it, there are very little people of which I know the eye colour of, I once discussed this and other people agreed with me, apparently most people don’t even pay a whole lot of attention to ones eyes colour, so why bother describing it?

“Window to the soul” theory I’m guessing.

I like to know, actually. Then again, I do have a sort of fascination with eyes. (Hence, starting the Eye Thread)

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009

My eyes are usually Grey, but are sometimes blue.

Wait, did you just come back?

Eric: we can be Sue-ey together! (what’s even freakier is that I need glasses, too.)

Oh, and I forgot to say that my eyes have this orangey ring around the pupil. Extreme Sueness.

Wish my eyes were greener, because I do love green eyes.

I have really long eyelashes, and at times they can get annoying when I’m trying to read.

Woah Puppet, how long is really long?!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009 edited

I don’t actually know if half an inch is long…

(As a little kid people would always say that I had really long eyelashes)

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009

Wait, did you just come back?

Me? I wasn’t really gone. Just hardly ever came on. :P

Today I spent half the morning trying to get a stray eyelash out of my eye. <— The disadvantage of long pretty eyelashes.

Me? I wasn’t really gone. Just hardly ever came on. :P

That’s what I meant.

Then again, that might have not been the best way to phrase it…

My eyes are blue on the outer area and brown on the inner area.

Isn’t that sectoral heterochromia?

Isn’t that sectorial heterochromia?

Either that or it’s hazel. I’m not sure how you are supposed to tell the difference between the two.

Hazel is brown and green by definition, I thought.

Some people apparently consider blue/brown to qualify too, or so the crap on the internet told me. I didn’t even know such a combination existed before I read that, so beats me.

My eyes are a light brown. Its so thrilling.

This amused me. I like the sarcasm, or what I perceived to be sarcasm.

That’s what I thought too. I have hazel eyes. They are brown with green kind of around the brown part. I didn’t know that blue/brown eyes existed either. That would look a little… different.

Does anyone have a picture of that combination?

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009

Oooh! I was just looking while I cleaned my glasses, and I have a darker brown ring around the outside of my iris. Is that normal?

^^What color is the rest of your iris?

I have brown eyes. They is pretty.

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited

My eyes are a woodsy sort of green in the center and deep turquiose-like blue around that. Therefore, some people think my eyes are green, some blue, some hazel, and one person grey.

have a darker brown ring around the outside of my iris. Is that normal?

I have a navy blue ring. I don’t know if it’s normal.