Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009

BMX. Road. Mountain. Hogs.

I'll be up at 4:30 to hit the mountain bike trails tomorrow morning. Anyone else bike?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

2 miles everyday, though sometimes I’ll go on longer trips.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Road?

The ride this morning was awesome. Rode through more that I expected after being sedentary almost all summer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yeah, it’s a dirt rode/trail so it’s pretty easy to bike on, though there are several hills along the way.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Nice. Two miles daily is a good routine.

I biked for a triathlon we had to do in PE. It was the most fun part, in my opinion. Thus, I was very slow, so as to extend the experience.

I feel lame :P

I still don’t know how to ride a bike. Didn’t have a sidewalk as a kid, so no point. But now I have classes on the opposite ends of campus with five minutes in between, so I’m trying to buy a bike and learn how to ride it with a full backpack in the next three weeks.

What? Never rode a bike? Just get on, pedal before you can fall (you have to push off with your foot or you’ll never get going), and keep the wheel straight. Lean into turns, rather than trying to steer with the handlebars. It’s not like driving a car. Keep moving, or you’ll fall over. To stop, slow down and put your feet on the ground, then brake completely.

Noo….