Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

New The Office episode = 8D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

Finally finished Heroes whatever-the-latest-season-was. The story’s so convoluted that I’m almost only watching it for the eye candy. :( However, I like how they ended it. I’ll definitely be watching the next season when it comes. ^^

Oh man. The Pacific is sweet. HBO wins at television.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010

Castle.

I’m only watching it because it has Nathan Fillion.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited

That is a glorious reason. Do not be ashamed. :D

I just watched the first episode of Wonderfalls on YouTube. It’s very interesting. It’s a 2004 show that only aired four episodes, but there are thirteen on the DVD set. I’m thinking about buying it, but I might watch another episode first.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010

Watched the first episode of Merlin Series 3. It’s the first I’ve seen of the show, but I thought it was disappointing. Very nice visuals all-around [Colin Morgan & Bradley James… mmm…] but the dialog was pretty clichéd. Unless Series 1 & 2 are better, I probably won’t go out of my way to watch another episode.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010

I’m impressed you’ve watched series 3 before it’s even been made. Can I have your time machine? ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Apparently my cable programming lied to me then. Now that I look, It was actually the first episode of Series 2 – The Curse of Cornelius Sigan.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

The Sci-Fi Channel (I refuse to honor that retarded new name) doesn’t “make” good shows; they just air them. Anything with the phrase “Sci-Fi Original” attached to it is guaranteed to be horrible.

Dan, this is why I love you.

But Stargate SG1 and Atlantis rocked. Mainly for Daniel, Tealc(How in the hell do you spell his name?), and Ronan. But still.

New series of Doctor Who starting tonight! I can’t wait!

Dan, this is why I love you.

zomg, arska X DL

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

I understand the words, but I think this leads to shipping thread. But don’t mind me. I am a teenaged idiot.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

It’s Teal’c. :)

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

I love you too, Jeni.

@sansafro187

Clearly the only acceptable portmanteau is Captain ArskLocke, even though nobody will get the reference.

Captain Harlock?

I don’t know how you get anime references when you don’t really like anime, Dan. You a damn witch.

I don’t know how you get anime references when you don’t really like anime, Dan. You a damn witch.

Dude, the Internet.

With the DVD coming out soon, Daria nostalgia is getting to me.

Have they already named a specific release date?

May 11th.

I am excited.

I need to watch more TV. Weird, but true.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010

Castle.

This show is brilliant, I can’t get enough of it. 8D

ABC is reshowing Boy Meets World!

I’m so excited, I DVRed the whole series.

ABC is reshowing Boy Meets World!

Wait, when?!

Wait, when?!

This. When, when, when?

Monday at 7 am, I believe…? I totally flipped out when my sister told me.

I’m excited. I’ll set it to DVR. I haven’t seen that show in such a long time. It used to be on a lot, but then it disappeared.

I know, right? I’m so glad it’s being re-broadcast.

I love Boy Meets World, but the more I think about it now, the more it seems like the show was REALLY about Eric Matthews’s gradual slide into utter insanity.

^Haha.

I know, he went from a cool guy to a total kook. Oh well, it’s still ten times more entertaining than any show on TV right now.

Ironically, Topanga went the exact opposite. Wonder if there’s a connection.

Initially, she was this really spaced out hippie, right? And then she became really pretty and well-adjusted. Hmm. I never noticed that. (Well I did, but I never connected it with Eric.)

Oh wow, that never occurred to me, Marq. The plot thickens o_O

Maybe it’s a conspiracy.

We have to get a digital cable box. Which means we will get digital cable. Wich means we get bbc america. WHICH MEANS I GET TO WATCH THE NEW DOCTOR WHO SEASON YAY!

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Torchwood. It was fairly okay until suddenly WHOA MAN KISS out of the blue. Yeesh.

^^Yeah, there’ll be lots of that early on.

• CommentAuthorNo One

You guys are already watching Torchwood!? T^T

Waaaah!

And anybody know when they’re gonna start making Series 4?

I miss ’90s television. Early 2000’s were good too.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I’m pissed off at Glee.

Spoilers ahead, mate.

I thought the show was fun and silly, but now it’s just pathetic. Every single week the writers are doing something to twist around the drama with the four main characters. They can’t have two people go and have a happy relationship for a couple of weeks. Now they just had to shove that in there. It was obnoxiously irritating and a cheap attempt for tension. I liked the character above, but now I think said character is just worthless and undeserving.

@NeuroticPlatypus

I miss ’90s television. Early 2000’s were good too.

I just miss the ’90s themselves. They had a lot of garbage (Furbies, Spice Girls, awful Batman movies), but I’d still like to relive them, if only for the awesome cartoons and video games. And Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The ’90s were pretty great, although a lot of the media from then had a cringe-inducing lack of self-awareness.

Hate to sound like a deluded nostalgic, but I have to agree. The 90s were awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

It would be cool to relive it now, as a jaded hipster.

I’m just mad that I missed it. :(

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010

I just watched the first episode of Firefly. Turns out it’s really, really good.

Dia, wait, WHAT?! I LOVED SHOE! WITH ALL MY HEART!
    Damn it, why can’t TV shows stay awesome for more than half a season? D:

Because people like crap.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010

I know, I loved him too. >.<

I just watched an episode of Robin Hood. I kind of loved it for the lulz. :D

I watched Merlin last night. I’ve missed the first two episodes in season two. This one was alright, though I’m weirded out that Mordred is a kid. Why is he a kid?

Anway Colin Morgan is adorable. So I will continue to watch.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010

It’s absolutely ridiculous that I have to wait a whole week to watch a new episode of Castle. Blasphemy I say! D:<

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I watched the Pilot of Heroes. It’s pretty interesting so far. Also, I <3 Hiro. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Enjoy it now, Puppet.

You haven’t seen Heroes before, Puppet? I am disappoint.

That said, the first season is by far the best. The worst thing about it is that it’s so good, it makes you watch the remaining seasons.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010

That said, the first season is by far the best. The worst thing about it is that it’s so good, it makes you watch the remaining seasons.

That was the reason that I didn’t want to watch it, I had heard that every other season was terrible. And when I watched the commercials on TV it just looked pathetic. Heroes…. vs _Villains™. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUN. So far, I love Hiro, Claire is okay, I don’t give a crap about Niki and the others are yet to be decided.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010 edited

So, about 7 eps in. I honestly don’t care about any of the characters except for Eden and Hiro. To be honest, I don’t see the apeal of this show, it’s just bleh to me. And every time they say “Save the cheerleader. Save the world.” I cry from laughing so hard.

Yeah, I liked Heroes okay at first, but it gets worse the farther you go, Puppet. Quit before they steal your soul.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010 edited

Yeah, I’m just done. Halfway through ep 7. I just can’t take it anymore. >.>

Also, I find the soundtrack really, really annoying. It’s like kittens wailing and screaming as they are being ran over on the highway.

Yeah, leave the show now.

The new episode of Glee is on tonight! But after Dia’s post, I’m not so sure I’m going to want to watch it. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

It’s on tomorrow, isn’t it?

I’ll be watching, but I’m not sure what to expect from it. From the vague hints of plot on Wikipedia, the new episode sounds like it’s going to be about EQUALITY! and BEING TRUE TO WHO YOU REALLY ARE!

The show needs to stop being so anvilicious instead of concoting plot lines just to fit into a moral-of-the-week sort of feel.

For once I want to see an episode of a high school show where the morals are “people are inherently unequal” and “you are actually an insufferable asshole, and you should act like others say you should.”

For once I want to see an episode of a high school show where the morals are “people are inherently unequal” and “you are actually an insufferable asshole, and you should act like others say you should.”

This. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

Ah, Legend of the Seeker. So silly, but so fun.

Moldorm, so true. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010

Not posting this in the DW thread because there are spoilers D: but I just saw Blink.

._.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yay! Was it good?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yes. D8

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Good.

>=D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Coincidentally, the Weeping Angels are back next episode.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Oh dear god.

I also showed my brothers the Weeping Angles. :D

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010

Weeping Angels/Blink = scariest episode ever. I still get nightmares about the weeping angel just crouching over me, ready to murder me if I should ever move. Of course, that always happens when I turn my back to the wall with desk and door. shudder

DW is Dr. Who, right?

Is there anywhere legal I could watch the pilot for that?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Why thank you, Puppet.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Legality! On the internet?

You’re not from ‘round these parts are ya?

The fact that I knew to specifically request legality shows that I am from ‘round these parts.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Dammit! I just saw a spoiler for Torchwood that’s only one episode ahead of me. If it had been like a season away, I might have been able to make myself forget it before it came along. D:

I don’t even know what that link goes to, but I am imagining you as C3PO from now on.

But I don’t want to be a gay robot. D:

Too bad. As the Han Solo figure, it’s my job to deride you and laugh off your reasonable objections.

As the Rick Deckard figure, it’s my job to alternately brood and hunt replicants.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010

But I don’t want to be a gay robot.

What?! But C-3PO isn’t…is he? Wow.

What?! But C-3PO isn’t…is he?

No; it’s just an old joke. Being a robot, he’s completely asexual.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010

Ah, that makes sense. But given how vast the EU is, it is quite possible that someone would really write something like that.

Comedy Central censors a South Park episode to the point where they bleeped Muhammad’s name. Here’s a response.

Holey f*** I officially hate Comedy Central now. I tolerated bleeping out Muhammad cos I knew what was being said, but to actually bleep out the moral speech at the end pisses me off. I thought all the bleeping was a joke because how could bleeping out the speech not be a joke? Well it wasn't... Jesus Comedy Central wtf is wrong with you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010

I’ve put up with a lot of crap from the Simpsons, but I still considered it a decent show. But this is sickening.

Somehow this annoys me more than the panda incident.

O.o

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010

I dunno, even the panda episode has funnies in it. That was just pathetic.

The video was taken down.

Tik Tok plays while the Simpsons act out various scenes from it. That’s really all that you need to know.

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010 edited

Yeah I hate it when I arrive too late and a link doesnt work anymore. Was this the whale being blown up? And whats the panda incident? I used to like to try to see every Simpsons episode ever no matter how crap it got, but I've given up for over a year now. I only downloaded the whale episode because I heard it was like classic Simpsons, and it wasnt. I want to send a collection of the best Simpsons episodes to the new writers with a note saying "watch and learn"

EDIT: Oh it wasnt the whale thing. Yeah I didnt think thatd be it but I dunno.

And whats the panda incident?

You remember that episode where Homer had to become Burns’ buttmonkey in order to get some money? There was a scene where he had to dress up as a panda at a zoo, and another panda that confused him for a real one decided to get intimate with him.

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010 edited

Oh I know about that. That was back when the Simpsons was still good, not as good as it used to be, but it hadn't gotten complete crap yet. "Ow my eye I'm not meant to get pudding in it!" "Not Carl!" I dont see a problem with the panda incident...

EDIT: Oh was the pudding thing from a much earlier better episode? Then what am I thinking of? DOUBLE EDIT: Wait no I was right the first time