Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010

Sigh, why oh why did I watch SJA: The Last Sontaran? It just makes me cry all over again.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

The Last Sontaran?

Doctor Who?

It’s an episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures.

• CommentAuthorNo One

Oh ok.

I just saw Sontaran and assumed Doctor Who. My bad.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I finished Robin Hood.

SOB

I really wish we American folks would get the new Dr Who season lyke nao!

Cuz I don’t get BBC. :(

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I finished Robin Hood.

Awww, I’m sorry. I’m glad they decided not to carry it on, Archer annoyed me. :/

But I thought That Scene was hilarious.

I really wish we American folks would get the new Dr Who season lyke nao!

Doctor Who. It’s not a title. 8P

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Awww, I’m sorry. I’m glad they decided not to carry it on, Archer annoyed me. :/

I’m glad they decided not to carry it on as well. But still… it ended terribly sadly. And Allen, my favourite character… D:

KICKPUNCHER

Doctor Who. It’s not a title. 8P

Right! Cuz it’s not his name, just the title of the show. Yeah. I was not thinking when I typed that. *is embarrased and wishes to crawl under a rock)

and I’m the one that gets mad at me Mum for refering to the Doctor as “Dr. Who.”, even though I’ve explained to her it’s not his name.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010

It’s not helped by how he’s often listed as “Dr./Doctor Who” in the credits, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010

Hehe, it used to be that until David Tennant came along and was enough of a Who-fan to correct them. :3

I can’t remember if I asked this or not. How long does it usually take for the UK to send shows to the US?

Depends on how popular it is. If it has a DW level of popularity, then a few weeks at the most.

I’m waiting for Being Human, and I don’t know when it’s coming back. I think it’s moderately popular, but not like Dr. Who.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010

I think I heard something about that being adapted for US (God help us all…)

So, does anyone watch Lost? Just watched the season 6 premiere, which answered some questions and raised some more.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I watch Lost but I haven’t seen the premiere yet…

It’s SO GOOD. It answers a lot of questions while simultaneously raising more.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Have they explained the monster, the owl, the polar bear and the numbers yet?

I stopped watching at the end of season 2, when the BBC stopped showing it.

I triple-heart 30 Rock and Veronica Mars.

I less than three Veronica Mars.

Kristen Bell = awesome

And while the name Veronica Mars might seem a little Sue-ish, I think it’s cool. The show is also just good. The acting is great, the music works, and the plot lines are intriguing. And I could write so much more if I didn’t have other things to do. XD

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited

The banter is what I love the most, since IMO it manages to be witty and sharp without being grating or self-indulgent. Well, I love it the most besides Veronica…

You guys are free to copy/paste this correctly-oriented heart emoticon: Ԑ>

How did you do that? You a damn witch, DL.

Also, thanks. I Ԑ> 30 Rock.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010

30 Rock is awesome, but Community is the best new comedy so far. Downright hilarious.

I agree ten hundred percent. I enjoy that whole block, but Community has passed even The Office for me.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

The Office is funny and all, but I can never really watch it. Don’t know why.

Which version are you referring to, Virgil? I don’t even know if they show the British version here, though I want to see it.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

The American version. Never seen the British one.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. I like The Office. It’s one of those shows where the humor comes from absurdity. Also, it’s pretty character-driven, which is something that I like. If I can really get attached to a show’s characters, then even if the plot itself is not that great, I’m willing to go with it.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I like Season 2 of The Office. Season 3 was pretty stellar as well, 4 was okay, 5 was blurgh, and 6 is pretty much the same because it has descended into completely irrational. And 1 was meh, simply because the American show hadn’t really gotten hold of itself.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Season 6 is okay… I like how they added Erin, though.

I don’t know which season is which, because I’ve been watching all the episodes out of order.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010 edited

It has a couple decent moments, but some of the character dynamics that really interested me have been underdeveloped.

I used to really enjoy the Jim/Pam relationship, but now that they’re together, I really don’t care about the two of them anymore. And I’d like to see more of the secondary characters.

I like Season 2 of The Office. Season 3 was pretty stellar as well, 4 was okay, 5 was blurgh, and 6 is pretty much the same because it has descended into completely irrational. And 1 was meh, simply because the American show hadn’t really gotten hold of itself.

Exactly how I feel about the show.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I used to really enjoy the Jim/Pam relationship, but now that they’re together, I really don’t care about the two of them anymore. And I’d like to see more of the secondary characters.

Exactly… I feel like they lost a lot of character. So I’m expecting a lot of of Andy/Erin.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010

Watched the season premiere of Archer, and it is hilarious. Its on Hulu for you American people.

I finished the first season of “Veronica Mars.”

HOLY EXPLETIVE.

I am wowed.

Didn’t see that coming, did you?

Please. To see ALL of that coming, you’d have to be psychic. Though I totally called

You know, it would be really difficult to convince me now that Kristen Bell is nothing short of fan-freaking-tastic at acting. Even strings of B-movies and/or rom coms are going to have a tough time.

Wait, I didn’t watch this show because it looked like a chic-lit-turned-show. Amirong?

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010

Sigh. As far as I can tell this pretty much sums up why, although I loved S1, I wasn’t so crazy about S2:

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010

Ahahahahah.

She’ll be back next series, they were just setting up for the Morgause thing. :D

Also, Lady in the Lake and the final episode was enough to make me love it. Merlin meeping = me meeping.

Oh, but Merlin does need moar Bradley as Bradley and not Arthur. 8D

@ The Angel Islington – Are you talking to me/Sansafro?

Yeah. About Veronica Mars in general, really.

Well, it basically takes the old “teenage girl detective” premise and stuffs it full of noir tropes.

Oooh, okay, that sounds alright.

It’s awesome.

That’s why I was initially interested. XD

Check out the first few episodes if you get a chance, and you should probably be able to tell if it’s your kind of show fairly quickly.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

I heard good things about Rome, and during the pilot I was a teeny bit iffy on it, but the last ten minutes are so worth it.

Lost is annoying me lately. It’s like “Let’s throw in random crap for no apparent reason. Woohoo!” Why would people who lived on the island (like Ben) for decades live in the real world just because the stupid plane didn’t crash?

But it’s not just that the plane didn’t crash. The island was destroyed in 1977, so it has had no effect on the world since then. All non-essential Dharma residents were evacuated beforehand, so Ben, Charlotte, Miles, and Ethan have all been living normal lives since then.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in Lost. Anyone able/willing to do a concise summary?

What is the last thing you are sure about? You don’t need a summary of the whole thing, do you?

I remember the names of the characters, (very) basic plot, the crazy French lady… that’s about it. What are the most recent ridiculous developments?

At the end of Season 3 they fought back against the Others and won, killing a large number of them and capturing Ben, thanks to Juliet who betrayed the Others. Thanks to Charlie’s self-sacrifice, they managed to signal a boat off the shore of the island belonging to a ‘Widmore’ who they think is Penny (Desmond’s GF), but is really her father, Charles Widmore. Flash-forwards (!) reveal that Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Aaron escape the island, but their lives fall apart and one by one they realize that they need to return. Tensions grow between the Losties and the people from the boat, who it turns out are there to capture Ben, and to then kill everyone else, because Ben and Widmore are old enemies. At the end of season 4 the boat blows up, the aforementioned people and Desmond escape on a helicopter, and Ben descends below ground and turns a frozen donkey wheel to make the island move… in time. It vanishes and the helicopter crashes. It turns out that Penny does have a boat in the area, she picks them all up, her and Desmond go into hiding, and the others become famous as the “Oceanic Six”. Moving the island teleports Ben off the island, where he works to get the Oceanic Six back.

On the island, the few people left alive cause things to happen in the past that influence or cause what we saw in earlier seasons, and the constant shifting in time starts to kill everyone. The ghost of Jack’s father tells Locke he has to bring everyone back, and to do that he has to die to make them return. So Locke turns the wheel, and vanishes. Time moving stops, and they are in 1974 where the Dharma Initiative is just starting operations. They join them, but three years later Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid show up. Misunderstandings cause tension with the Others, and Jack learns they can reset time and cause the plane never to crash by detonating an atomic bomb at the electromagnetic hotspot where the hatch was going to be built. The US military had left one there in the 1950s, so they take it to the place where the hatch is being built. At this time drilling there is turning the bottom of the giant pit into a magnet, pulling everything in. They drop the bomb in, thinking it will detonate. It doesn’t, and chains pull Juliet down. She manages to detonate the bomb.

When they came back to the island, they took Locke’s corpse (Ben killed him, when Locke was about to kill himself). Locke came back from the dead, and demanded to be taken to see Jacob. He tells Ben to kill Jacob, and they go to the statue of the foot. Jacob lives inside, so those two go in, and Ben kills Jacob as they find Locke’s corpse in a coffin. It turns out that the fake Locke is an ancient enemy of Jacob, and is the smoke monster. There is a second time line in which the plane did not crash (this time line was created when the bomb went off). In this time line, everyone’s life seems a lot happier. Everyone who was on the island when the bomb went off is teleported to the present, and now they all are being forced to take sides between fake Locke and the Others in the coming war.

Wow, that wasn’t really concise. Sorry. xD

Please tell me it’s better than it sounds.

It is, at least in my opinion. If you lost interest before you probably wouldn’t like it, though it really picks up pace in seasons four and five.

Annie on Community.

:3

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010

Community is awesome.

I watched Arrested Development today in Calculus (don’t ask). It was awesome!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010

Community got picked up for a second season, as it should have.

Yes!

The island was destroyed in 1977

Oh, I forgot that it was 1977 when they blew up the island or whatever they did. Okay, but it still annoys me.

I should really stop watching shows that I don’t like but hope will get better.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010

When the laptop becomes un-fried, I will celebrate by indulging in some Lost.

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010 edited

Lost has gotten a bit rediculous but I still watch it and enjoy it. Pretty much everyone in Australia who watched it at the start gave up in season 2 or 3. Damn them all. That was before it even became rediculous. Though I think they thought "The Other stuff" was rediculous.

The way I see it is the first few seasons were focusing on the characters, but a lot of the rediculousness was introduced in the background. They already set up the smoke monster, the sickness, the 4 toed statue, the numbers, jacob, etc. But now as we get close to the end they're focusing on the story trying to give us answers so now all that rediculousness that was in the background is now in the foreground and it just seems all rather silly.

But I don't understand where people expected the story to go if it didn't go the way it did. Nothing would've happened. They'd just be stranded on some island for no reason, just surviving like normal and then maybe get off and there'd be no answers. Some people think it's going on for way too long but I'm pretty sure it's going on for exactly the length it needs to. A friend is convinced it was meant to be a miniseries at first and I have no idea where she heard that from because there's no way they could finish everything they set up in a mini-series. I think it was always going to be 6 seasons and they always had an outline for each season's storyline/theme/gimmick.

rediculous

Ridiculous. It’s okay, I used to spell it like that too.

/Grammar Nazi

Oh, and it sounds like you’re Australian, so if it’s spelled differently there, I apologize.

Anyway, the ridiculousness to which I refer is that whole time-traveling thing last season, and now the duel realities this season. I don’t mind explaining the ridiculousness that has already been introduced.

I sure used the word ridiculous a lot for someone who doesn't know how to spell it. English is so flawed. And yeah it only got a bit too ridiculous with the time travelling but I thought it was awesome seeing dharma times.

I sure used the word ridiculous a lot for someone who doesn’t know how to spell it. English is so flawed.

Take it up with Latin (ridere). And why should it be spelled differently?

Cause I think it's common for people to pronounce it closer to "red" than "rid" sometimes or they just sound very similar (probably don't) but I meant english is flawed in general, not really based off of this one instance.

Cause I think it’s common for people to pronounce it closer to “red” than “rid”

Not where I come from.

I meant english is flawed in general, not really based off of this one instance.

Then why bring it up there?

Cos we were talking about english and some things being different in different countries?

I saw an episode of Bones. It was pretty good.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

DUH.

Watching The Daily Show. Jon Stewart is making a conservative journalist his bitch.

I really should watch more of The Daily Show and the Colbert Report…

@NP:

No, it doesn’t.

There’s no flaw in the word being spelled “ridiculous” unless you “redicule” people, in which case I will ridicule you.

unless you “redicule” people, in which case I will ridicule you.

Heehee.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

I saw an episode of Bones. It was pretty good.

Bones as in Dr. Brennan (nicknamed Bone Lady or something like that), FBI agent Booth, really gross murders and the whole shebang?

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Bones as in Dr. Brennan (nicknamed Bone Lady or something like that), FBI agent Booth, really gross murders and the whole shebang?

I love that show. :D And her nickname is Bones. :P

• CommentAuthorNo One

Yeah I know. She also has some other nicknames.

My dad and I always impatiently wait for Sunday night because that’s when we can watch Bones and afterwards, Castle. It’s so good!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Zooey is cuter than Emily.

Just sayin.

Yes, that Bones.

“Weeds” is cool.

Ugh… they are adapting Being Human. It’s going to be on the Siffy channel (SyFy). It will probably be horribly written/adapted. And it decreases the chance that the original will continue to air in the U.S.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

Then again, SyFy does make good shows (see Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, etc.). So it might not be that bad (hey, it can’t be worse than the aborted adaptation of Red Dwarf, can it?)

The Sci-Fi Channel (I refuse to honor that retarded new name) doesn’t “make” good shows; they just air them. Anything with the phrase “Sci-Fi Original” attached to it is guaranteed to be horrible.

^^Thank you! My point exactly.

SyFy is medical shorthand for syphilis. I read that somewhere after they changed the name. So I now call it the Siffy channel.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

Didn’t they make Alice? I heard good things about it, but haven’t seen it myself.

I don’t know. I haven’t seen it, and I’m not sure if they actually made it or if they just aired it.

SciFi actually had enough sense to pick up Gurren Lagann at some point, which [as] should’ve done. On the other hand… SyFy.

Last TV I watched was The Young Ones. Good show.