Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

koff

Defying Gravity is canceled forever, and the US will probably never air the rest of it. Is annoyed

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009

I’m starting to watch Detective Conan, with almost 550 eps this should keep me occupied for a while…

Conan is who I imagine you to look like, Puppet.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Hahahaha, except I don’t have glasses… yet.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Defying Gravity is canceled forever

Seriously?!
    But I just watched the first two episodes, and it was great! Did they give a reason?

I think that it’s because they didn’t get the viewers that they wanted. Of course, ABC barely promoted it at all. And in the US (I don’t know where you are) we can’t even watch past episode 8 (they say what Beta is in episode 9) until ABC decides to air the rest, which they probably won’t. And the Canadian and British websites won’t let you watch videos unless you live there. And the US websites can’t get the unaired episodes. I HATE network execs. They never give anything a chance. I just know that it’s gone for sure because they tore down the sets.

I am watching Cranford and Death Note at the mo’. Very good TV shows, in my opinion.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009

Started Dexter but so far it’s not terrifically interesting. D:

Death Note

JUST AS PLANNED

Started Dexter but so far it’s not terrifically interesting. D:

BLASPHEMY

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

JUST AS PLANNED

A potato chip, you say?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Defying Gravity… ; _ ;

On the other hand, White Collar is great.

White Collar is great.

I wanted to see that, but didn’t know if it was worth it.

Goes to looke up White Collar

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009 edited

BLASPHEMY

Sorry man. I mean, it’s a bit funny and kind of interesting and pretty gory and all, but there’s something lacking there. Maybe I haven’t watched enough. I’ll get back to you when I finish season 1. If I’m not impressed by then, that will be the end of it.

I can’t fathom anybody not liking it if they watch the whole first season. It’s just too well-written to resist, IMO. At any rate, if you’re indeed committed to the whole season there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

It sorta reminds me of how I’m twisting my cousin’s arm into watching Gurren Lagann right now. He bitches about it, but I know by the time he’s done with it, he’ll love it. That said, it’s hard to say exactly when he will start to like it, but sooner or later it’s going to get him.

“I’ll take a potato chip. AND EAT IT!”

Hee hee, Light is so amazingly awesome. And L is just MAGNIFICENT. And Teru’s just plain HOTT. And Mello looks like a girl, but he has a scar, so now he’s RUGGED. And I’m done now. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009

And thus is a fangirl born.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I just finished watching the entire series on youtube and oh my God, MELLO FREAKING Now how is that fair AT ALL?! I LOVE HIM! SO MUCH! And then Light too! What is this! All my favorite characters LIKE L! WHY DID HE HAVE TO?! IT’S NOT FAIR! It’s like Draco ten times over! starts weeping hysterically It may take me a long while to get over their deaths. ;.;

Wow. Well that was fun! :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I should not have started watching Lost.

>.<

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Good luck with those 5 seasons worth of unexplained plot points.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

That’s probably my main reason for not watching Lost: too much backlog. I don’t have time to catch up on 5 seasons worth of episodes.

@RVL: But if none of that happen, we wouldn’t have such awesome code as LADIES, MELODIES, and DADDIES.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I’m partway through a movie I can’t mention the name of. (sorry- it’s both the first and second rule that I can’t talk about it) It’s… unusual. To say the least.

I’ve been rewatching some episodes of Daria on YouTube. And this show is just pure win.

That said, I didn’t enjoy the show nearly as much after L bites it, because he was my favorite by far.

Agreed, out of all the characters, L is definitely my fave. sigh Oh well…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’ve been rewatching some episodes of Daria on YouTube. And this show is just pure win.

After the first season it pretty much just gets like Beavis and Butthead. =/

After the first season it pretty much just gets like Beavis and Butthead. =/

How so? I’ve never watched “Beavis and Butthead” though.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

What I mean is it kind of just gets old, silly and pointless.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So it’s like what happened to Spongebob, except Spongebob lost all of its cleverness and originality and became vulgar, cliched, and unfunny.

I arbitrarily started watching Veronica Mars this week, and it’s pretty good so far. I’m about halfway through the first season now.

This week’s Dexter ep lead to a renewed appreciation of how good that show is of manipulating my expectations as a viewer. It’s like they jingle their keys in one direction to get me to look, and then sucker-punch me when I do.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009

I feel kind of lame for getting teary-eyed multiple times on Lost.

You probably should, Spanman.

Veronica Mars is now MAI WAIFU

I still like lost and am annoyed that almost everyone gave up on it. But I don't really give a shit about the characters so no tears from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009

I gave up on Lost before the end of S1. But occasionally stumbled through S2.

Reconfirming my lack of love for JJ Abrams.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009

I don’t think I can do anymore essay work this evening. The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith has killed me inside.

And outside.

And DAVID TENNANT IS REALLY LEAVING. I DON’T WANT HIM TO GO. ;_;

But I don’t really give a shit about the characters so no tears from me.

See, I used to care about them, but then they all got really whiney and devoid of interesting personalities, so I no longer like them, except Sawyer. Sawyer is an ass, but he knows that he’s an ass, and he’s okay with that. He doesn’t whine endlessly about how unfair and aweful everything is. Also, it seems like they’re just adding random crap to the show now, so it kind of annoys me now, though I will pay meager attention to the last season.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009

I’m only on the second season, and they’re already adding random crap to it.

^^Well, the crap gets more random and ridiculous as the show goes on. I think I liked seasons one and two, and then it got all facepalmish. What random crap are they adding in the second season, so I have a reference as to what’s going on?

I’ve begun Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (So Long, Mr. Despair).

I’d read a few reviews prior to starting, and one of the flaws mentioned is very obvious. A lot of subplots/plots seem to go nowhere, which is irritating, to say the least.

I have discovered Robin Hood. My sister and I are at odds over Robin’s and Guy’s personality. I say he is a misunderstood but well-meaning guy who works for a sadistic creep. She says he’s an evil lunatic who works for a sadistic creep.

I normally don’t pull a DILP, but here it is irresistible and encouraged by the writers.

Look how cute he is! (Ignore the caption, I have no idea what it means)

What’s a DILP?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009

I still think Armitage would have been good as the Hound.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009

I’m old schoolin’ it up with William Hartnell’s Doctor. :3

I have to stop watching now, midway through. ;_; Will finish watching later, though.

What’s a DILP?

A Draco In Leather Pants.

Guy of Gisborne is written as an anti-villain, but he does have his villainous moments, which I ignore with the force of an Edward fangirl facing stalker accusations against Edward.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009

I can’t actually think of that many villainous moments. Manipulating and killing his and his employer’s enemies, whose actions have led to many humiliating defeats, don’t really count.

I want to go back and watch all of the Dexter seasons because I have only paid minor attention to very few episodes, but all of those were enjoyable.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009

Anyone see V?

Its.. okay, the dialog is cringe-inducing but the basic stuff is there.

I also <3 Morena Baccarin.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009

I keep watching Merlin and waiting and waiting for everyone to figure out who he really is, or at least for someone somewhere to get the girl and be happy, and then it never happens, and I become more and more displeased. >=(

Anyone see V?

I watched it. I pretty much agree with you. It’s not great, but it’s not terrible. It’s meh. I am, however, getting tired of commercials saying that it’s the best new drama on television. It has aired exactly once. I probably will stop watching after a couple of episodes like I did with Flash Forward.

I’m going to catch up on Dexter and Breaking Bad via the Internet.

Morena Baccarin.

Who does she play?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009

Anna.

I quit Fast Forward too, a bit to police procedural and not enough exploring the philosophy behind people finding out the future. But maybe I’m proved wrong.

I think I’ve quite V now too. I didn’t even pay attention to today’s episode. I watched a lot of the original series over the weekend before last (it was on Siffy), and I’m just not that into it.

(I’m surprised I haven’t barged participated in this topic yet!!)

Just watched FMA Brotherhood Ep 32, so far, so awesome (its sheer awesomeness on toast)
    Recently finished Code Geass (First season was awesome and pretty much ‘brilliant’, the 2nd season on the other hand, was dull, fanservice-y and the plot lovingly insisted on bouncing around, the finale made watching it worth my time though)
    Just started Trigun (so far so awesome, so excessively crazy O_o)

Yes, I am an anime fan atic

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009

I started Kingdom on Hulu.

:3

The new FMA is starting to interest me more, since they’re now past the point where I stopped reading the manga.

I don’t know what you expected from Geass though. It was always silly.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

Code Geass was mentioned. Therefore:

ALL HAIL BURRITANNYIIIAAA!!!!”

No, no, no.

ARRU HAIRU BURITANNNYAAA

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

I keep watching Merlin and waiting and waiting for everyone to figure out who he really is, or at least for someone somewhere to get the girl and be happy, and then it never happens, and I become more and more displeased. >=(

I’m going to ditto that, even though I’m three episodes behind already. I just want something to work out, please?

Hehe, Yeah i agree CG’s plot was pretty silly, but I enjoyed the first season quite a bit (I’m a fan of the sit-at-the-back-and-scheme characters), it kept me gripped quite well, and also i loved the (diabolic) twists in the story (S2 failed considerably at this, and don’t forget the bouncing plot!)

And I’m a fan of ‘anyone can die’
    [also, how do i link to other sites in text (like the red text which is but a link)]

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited

You put quotes around the text you want, and then put a : and then the link.

R2 got screwed up mostly because they tried to slow things down and make things more accessible to new viewers, and it ended up throwing everything out of wack.

EUPHIE DID GOOD?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009

The UK version of The Office was so terrible that I didn’t make it past 5 minutes.

AGREED. The US version is the only one worth watching.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Um…. I’ve seen the first two episodes of (the US version of) The Office and I wanted to punch almost every single character in the nose. But that’s just me.

Irony… I’m pretty sure the UK version came first.

I’m completely sure the UK one came out first.

Also, that’s pretty much the point, Willow. Most of the characters are unpleasant in one way or another. That said, I started right at Season 2, so I can’t really defend it. It’s still one of my favorite shows, though.

Semi-related, but I like Community more every week.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Dammit. Keep on trying to work up the desire to watch Merlin because I do love the show to bits, but S2 is just not doing it for me. I constantly want to punch Arthur in the face, Merlin is so sad all the time and it makes me sad, Lancelot left and Gwen is sad, DAMMIT WHY IS EVERYONE SO DEPRESSING. I don’t know why S1 was so different from S2, but something’s off.

(I’m surprised I haven’t barged participated in this topic yet!!)

Just watched FMA Brotherhood Ep 32, so far, so awesome (its sheer awesomeness on toast)
    Recently finished Code Geass (First season was awesome and pretty much ‘brilliant’, the 2nd season on the other hand, was dull, fanservice-y and the plot lovingly insisted on bouncing around, the finale made watching it worth my time though)
    Just started Trigun (so far so awesome, so excessively crazy O_o)

Yes, I am an anime fan atic

Yeah I am loving Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Best anime adaption of a manga ever. Well out of all the animeI’ve seen, which I guess isn’t all that much… I’m trying to get through tons of manga and anime but it takes a while. But yeah the original anime series of Fullmetal Alchemist sucked major ass.

Wow all you don’t seem to like Code Geass much. Several of my friends are all obsessed with it thinking it’s the best anime series ever. And they think it improved in season 2… Well I thought the entire series was pretty good, but I didn’t care enough about the characters and didn’t understand everything that was going on sometimes. I think it had a pretty satisfying ending. I was never a big fan of the whole geass powers thing. I didn’t really get why they should exist. Code Geass reminded me so much of Death Note. Am I the only one who thinks this? Lelouch and Light are basically the same person, cept Lelouch redeems himself while Light is an evil bastard right till the end.

Code Geass was always kind of schizophrenic for me. A show about terrorism, racism, and totaliarianism loses a lot of its meaning when it keeps trying to shove in as many ass shots of the female characters as they can. And while I really liked the last handful of episodes of R1, R2 was just a total trainwreck.

Lelouch and Light seem similar at first glance, but they aren’t really as you get into the characters. At his core, Lelouch is a pretty decent person who does care about the people around him. Light is just a psychopath regardless of his moral delusions or fans’ rationalizations and excuse-making.

I don't remember much fanservice being in it. Sure Kallen got a few nudey scenes but I've seen a lot worse. I thought it was a little odd that Code Geass got tons of product placement for Pizza Hut. I didnt think cartoons could have product placement. And yeah I guess they are reasonably different. But the entire series had a very death notey feel to it. Geass is pretty much the same as a death note as you can control people's actions which results in memory loss, the only difference being that in death note they have to die after. And they both had the main character forgetting what they did, having a time skip and then getting their memory back while people had to figure out if they have their memory back or not.

Well, it had Kallen in various fanservicey costumes/suggestive poses, Villeta in a preposterous swimsuit, and gratuitous closeups on CC’s fat ass(thanks to Pizza Hut, no doubt) in pretty much every other scene she was in.

Yeah, there were quite a few similarities beyond the memory wipes, but they’re the sort of things that come from having Chessmaster-style protagonists.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I finished Gundam 00 a while back… the first season was okay in the beginning… second half… not so much. The second season was also pretty bleh.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited

Did you know that a number of props from BBC stuff are being auctioned off on eBay in support of Children In Need?
    If you have c. £500-1000 to spare, you could get your hands on Merlin’s scarf or Arthur’s armour!
    Or indeed Jeremy Clarkson’s (signed) jeans, or one of a number of cuddly Pudseys signed by people.

Also, first scene of End Of Time, the next Doctor Who special, is being shown tonight, along with all the typical joviality.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

Oh man, talk about tension on the stage on Children In Need… that was awkward.

But at least the Merlin skit was fun. ^^ Arthur huggling a Pudsey is just overwhelmingly adorable.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

OH EH GEE DOCTOR WHO SCENE.

I am so glad I watched The Waters of Mars this morning, otherwise it would not have made as much sense and GAH

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Heck, one of my favorite episodes is called “The Puppetmaster”.

I’ve been thinking of trying to get my brother to watch Avatar, but some of the pacing and “lesson” episodes might turn him off to it. Plus he might think somebody other than Azula is the best character, in which case I’ll have to punch him in the ear.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 2 just keeps getting better and better. Now they have Zombie Geonosians. Yes, really.

I guess you'll have to punch me, sansafro, because if I had to choose a favorite character it would probably be Sokka. He's just so funny. But Azula is pretty cool. I loved how she went all batshit crazy at the end of the series. Season 3 got surprisingly dark for a nickelodeon show.

Eh, I didn’t care for Sokka that much. He was funny, but I didn’t like how all the characters shilled his humor up all the time. They should’ve let his jokes stand on their own.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

Azula, ftw. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009

Oh wow, SJA is just awesome filled with awesomeness with a topping of brilliance.

I really hope somehow K9’s new series is a copy of him, I’d miss him dreadfully if he left. D:

I’m shocked at just how unpleasant John Lithgow is lately on Dexter. Granted, my earliest memories of him are from Third Rock, so it’s a pretty big shift, but I think I’d find him just as unsettling even if I didn’t have those old impressions.

That said:

Third Rock

I love that show! Anyway, he is quite creepy in Dexter. I really need to watch all of the previous seasons via the Showtime website.

Yesterday’s episode was just… o_O

Oh, yes. It really was. “Do whatever you want with her. Just don’t tell my husband.” Eww. Plus Trinity’s whole breakdown and the creepy new information about his family life.

The finger-breaking was what really got me, especially considering how his son managed to stifle his scream during it. That’d be really hard to suppress given how much that would hurt, so I suppose that means it’s something that’s happened before enough for him to handle it.

The whole thing was chilling, but Dexter’s reactions show just how human he’s become since the series started. Yeah, I love this show as much now as I ever have.

When he was brandishing the knife at Trinity and saying, “I should’ve killed you when I had the chance,” I kept telling him, “No! Don’t say that! He’ll know what you are!”

“No one said they were thankful for me.”
    “That’s because I’m not.”
    “I’m thankful for you, dear.”
    “Yeah, I’m so thankful for you, Daddy.”

So creepy how much he’s screwed them up.

Now and Then, Here and There’s airing right now. For anyone seeing it for the first time, prepare for the most depressing anime ever that isn’t named Grave of the Fireflies.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

Reading reviews, V sounds really, really badly done. I saw the first one, but the rest don’t look all that good. :(

Yeah the newest Dexter episode was pretty awesome. I love that the happy family is a sham. But the random twist in the last second seemed a bit silly and unnecessary.

It’s not actually as random as it looks on the surface. After the first episode of this season, I mentioned to my friend who is a huge Dexter fan that I thought that if she didn’t end up a Trinity victim, she would be his accomplice, since she inexplicably knew how the girl in the tub died despite not having been told or been inside the house.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

Merlin only gets more and more maddening. His dumb little fling with that cat-bird chick was pretty much the last straw.

I mentioned to my friend who is a huge Dexter fan that I thought that if she didn’t end up a Trinity victim

Wait, which girl was this? I was multi-tasking while watching the episode.

Yeah. It’s not quite the asspull it seems.

Yeah ok after seeing the newest episode I like the plot twist and yeah it doesn't seem like an asspull. The last 2 episodes seem like they're going to be as hectic and unpredictable as season 2's finale.

I have one more .rar before I can watch the latest episode. Looking forward to it.

Where do you download TV torrents? Cos after filelist died I haven't been able to find a good place that does the whole .rar folder compile thing. I had to move to mininova but then that died so now I'm on thepiratebay which use just one whole file.