Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

Oh really? Good for him. Man, imagine if Phil Hartman had been around to do Zapp’s lines, as intended. [shudder] It would be so great.

He also does Fry and Professor Farnsworth, among others. He’s got quite a range.

What’s your favorite tertiary character so far? That is the real tough decision. I can’t choose between Ethan “Bubblegum” Tate, the Robot Mafia, Calculon, and Scruffy.

And when you eventually watch season 4, be wary of Jurassic Bark.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

I’ve heard its incredibly tragic.

What are all the tertiary characters? I quite like the mobsters and Calculon.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009 edited

Poor Seymour :/

Actually, don’t even bother trying to come up with your favorite tertiary characters since it’s pretty much impossible to choose without somebody getting shortchanged. See, I didn’t even include Morbo or Lrrr and that’s a grave injustice.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009 edited

Guys, you’re missing out a key character here, clearly the besALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

(And for once a meme used in the right effing context).

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009

Hahaha, that’s great.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Oh, if anyone is watching Flash Forward.

A prediction: The main character has sex with his chick assistant, which causes his wife to leave him for the Brit, and explains the baby. So ha! We’ll see if I’m right.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Jeez, these MI-5ers sure sleep around. It’s getting old.

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009 edited

WHY IS THE MENTALIST NOT ONLINE? EVERYTHING ELSE IS ONLINE! THIS IS DISCRIMINATORY AGAINST PEOPLE WHO DON’T HAVE CABLE OR SATELLITE!

/end rant

I learned that downloading things off of Bittorrent counts as an act of civil disobedience, as long as you give the money that would have been used to a charity and blog about. I’m not going to Bittorrent, but I’m still mad.

I just vegetated to about 6 hours worth of TV.

Hey, I’ve been studying all week and it’ll get even worse before my chemistry final!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009

SQUEE

Dr. Horrible sequel is in the works!!

OMG!! REALLY?! is jubilant Must go check this out…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

ohmygod, The Office is soooo much Win. :D For Pam and Jim’s wedding they did this

I love Minnesota. :D

Wow if I ever get married that is so how I'm going to do it. I never ever even thought of the possibility of doing a wedding like that. I've been to a few and they're pretty damn boring so that's a great way to make it fun. Now I really want to see Jim and Pam's wedding.

Pretty much the only reason I watched The Office was because I cared about Jim and Pam's relationship but since Aussie TV sucks I wasn't able to see much of the show and there's just too many episodes to download to catch up and I don't care enough to buy the DVDs.
    • CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Ho.ly. crap.

That was…. really weird. Kinda awesome, but…. I think I’ll still go traditional xD

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009 edited

Just watched latest episode of Merlin.

Ooh, the troll lady episode is next.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is, like, the best show ever, guys; so, you should, like, watch it and stuff.

Yes, MST3K is love.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited

Oh dear lord, True Blood

It. is. so. good. It’s like a rich, dark, moist, velvety, slightly bitter chocolate cake. Proper, hot vampires (oh, Bill Compton, you attractive moral bloodsucker).

And the heroine has a backbone and special powers of her own (without being turned into a vamp). YAY!

I’ve been watching My So-Called Life on Hulu.

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

Dammit, I did not need to see Lithgow ass shots.

I agree. But yeah, this season of Dexter is looking to be damn good. :)

Also, the Mentalist and Big Bang Theory win. Oh, and I’m starting to watch Californication. Pretty good so far.

Californication

I saw a portion of that where this guy was telling this other guy that he shouldn’t be a writer if he could avoid it because his book was like that “lam Twilight crap.” It made me laugh.

I had somehow managed to forget just how much ass Dexter kicks. Loving the new season so far, although I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look at John Lithgow the same again. I’ve never watched a serious plot-based show that’s as consistently well-written as good old Dex.

Also, Fairy Tail anime kicked off today, huzzah!

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009 edited

Yeah Dexter rules. I loved the "oh fuck..." moment of the ending of episode 3. This season looks like it'll be at least better than season 1, making it the second best season after season 2. Though just like season 3, it doesn't seem like Dexter is going to get enough kills. And the writers can probably never ever match the crazy twists and turns on the edge of your seat ending of season 2.

Mmmm... John Lithgow's ass...

Must...get...Fairy Tail...hurry...up...fansubbers...

EDIT: Oh it's already out and subbed... yay
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yay! New episodes of Mythbusters. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Damn, the whole “Claire kisses a girl omg!!” thing is beginning to dissuade me from watching the next episode of Heroes when it comes online. Wah.

Almost 10 minutes until the English dub for Monster airs. Heard extremely good stuff about the show.

EDIT: And after watching it, I’m impressed. It’s slow, but it perfectly sets up the whole tone. Also, Dr. Tenma was pretty interesting.

I've never heard of Monster. Since you say English dub I assume it's an anime?

The first episode of Fairy Tail was pretty good. I think I'm reasonably happy with the voices chosen for Natsu, Lucy and Happy. The animation wasn't great but it wasn't bad, like most weekly anime series. Though I really don't get why the animation studio decided to add those weird magic circles.. if it's not in the manga why bother if it doesn't improve it in any way?
    Also the fake Salamander's magic was changed from semi-solid-looking fire to sparkly pink fairy dust stuff.. weird. Hopefully it will follow the manga almost exactly (well not including filler arcs).

Since you say English dub I assume it’s an anime?

Correct.

I didn’t even know Monster had been dubbed. What channel is it airing on, out of curiousity?

Damn, the whole “Claire kisses a girl omg!!” thing is beginning to dissuade me from watching the next episode of Heroes when it comes online. Wah.

Watch it you sissy.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited

Nooooooooooo

...okay. But I wish it was possible to skip all the storylines that are uninteresting to me and only watch the kewl ones without losing the thread of the overall story.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009

bq. Damn, the whole “Claire kisses a girl omg!!” thing is beginning to dissuade me from watching the next episode of Heroes when it comes online. Wah.

I keep forgetting to watch the latest series. Thanks for reminding me (and giving me an extra reason to watch it).

So, how is it compared to previous volumes? How many new heroes are there? How interesting are they/their powers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Oh nevermind, it wasn’t really a squicky kiss anyway. Except that I hate Gretchen with a vengeance.

So far season 4 has got off on a good start, I’d say. Season 3 was awful, as I remember. Everything went on and on and got more and more silly. And there are a couple of new heroes, like this deaf chick who can see sound (no idea how that’s useful, really) and a carnival run by a bunch of people with weird powers. Anyway. I’m waiting and waiting for someone to find a way to kill Claire for good. Honestly. Too many people seem to come back to life in this show.

Who cares about Gretchen or Peter’s deaf girlfriend when this past episode had WINSTON in it! He ain’t afraid of no ghosts. And IMO Claire is pretty reasonable this season since she’s got some of her chronic insecurities/“I just want to be normal” bit, but she doesn’t just lay around bitching and actually tries to get past it.

Did Mohinder get put on a bus? I haven’t seen him at all this season I don’t think.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

...Winston?

Nope, Mohinder’s not around. Which is too bad, because he was pretty cool. =(

Winston?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009

Sorry, missed him. I was too busy marveling at how weird it was that someone who was in Doctor Who ended up in Heroes somehow (Dr. Gibson). I hope she comes back or something. =(

I was too busy marveling at how weird it was that someone who was in Doctor Who ended up in Heroes somehow (Dr. Gibson).

To be honest, it’s not really surprising.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Man! How could I have forgotten?

Oh yeah. I saw that episode waaaay before I started watching Doctor Who. Ah well.

I don’t actually know what Doctor Who is, but somehow I feel like Ghostbusters is more important.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009 edited

I don’t actually know what Ghostbusters is, but somehow I feel like Doctor Who is more important.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

What she said.^^ :D

Ghostbusters is an ’80s movie about guys who bust ghosts. The whole thing is up on YouTube.

Anybody who hasn’t seen/loved Ghostbusters is dead to me.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009 edited

Ghostbusters and Doctor Who are both awesome. I couldn’t possibly decide which one is more important.

Anybody who hasn’t seen/loved Ghostbusters is dead to me.

Then it is a good thing indeed that you ain’t afraid of no ghost.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

k, I might watch Ghostbusters sometime. If only to get on sansa’s good side.

I hate Gretchen with a vengeance.

Me too, though I only pay mild attention to the show.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Doctor Who referenced Ghostbusters once. That’s when Jackie got kidnapped in the TARDIS and the Doctor almost got shot dead (but the moral high ground was still his).

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Also I recall in season 2 it was referenced to in that episode with all the ghosts and cybermen and Daleks and such.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Doctor Who referenced Lion King, what do you expect? :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

THAT WAS THE BEST.

Best part ever.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

And Hitchhiker’s! They referenced Hitchhiker’s!

wub

Well, Douglas Adams used to work on the show,

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I somehow find it funny that so far most of the Americans in MI-5 have ended up being bad guys. XP

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Oh god, have you watched that episode where someone says, “It’s not the Wild West here!” (paraphrased)?

I was watching that with a couple friends and there was a moment of silence where we all looked at each other before cracking up hysterically.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I might have missed it. D: Turns out British people are just as bad at stereotyping as we are. XP

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009

That’s they’re revenge on Hollywood casting Brit actors as villians (even though they’re usually more entertaining than the American hero).

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009 edited

British people have such wonderful accents for villains, though! The Master wouldn’t be intimidating at all if he had an American accent.

Also, they can try to fool us, but Captain Jack is obviously not a real American. He says ‘trousers’.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yeah, he actually is a real American. Reciting a British script. XD

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Actually he’s not, he’s from Glasgow. He moved to the States when he was 8 and how do I know this off the top of my head?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

No way! What an interesting tidbit. Still, trousers said in an American accent (however unreal. *glares*) is funny. ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor

XD Sadly enough, I knew that too. He slips back into his Scottish accent when he’s with family.

...can I just say that Captain Jack + Scottish accent = damn uncanny and freaky.

Back in the 1700s, pants were called trousers IN AMERICA anyway.

My hair doesn’t know the difference between breeches, pants, and trousers—unless breeches are … legging-like and/or leathery.

The guy from The Famous Jet Jackson is on Flash Forward.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009 edited

He slips back into his Scottish accent when he’s with family.

Okay, yeah. That is actually pretty creepy to imagine.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009

Ack!

*runs away*

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

David Tennant’s proper accent is awesome, though. I cheer every time he uses it in Tooth and Claw.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

He muddled that one a bit on purpose, though, I believe.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited

GUYS GUYS GUYS, episodes of Reaper tomorrow that I haven’t seen! 8D

I’m so excited, mainly because I can sit in bed and enjoy them. I’m going shopping today, I might even buy something nice to eat while I am. Like SATSUMAS. :3

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009

...SATSUMAS.

“No second chances. I’m that sort of a man.”

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I did love them before that episode. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

30 Rock!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I LOVE SATSUMAS!!!! He defeated alien invaders with nothing but a satsuma! It was awesome. I cheered. If I were to ever see them in a store, I would have to forcibly keep myself from squeeing.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited

First I found out that Netflix doesn’t have seasons 5-7 of Spooks online, and then after I had resigned myself to this fact I decided to watch 28 Days Later instead, but now I can’t find the DVD anywhere. D:<

I just started watching The Prisoner. So far, it has a pretty interesting premise.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009

BWAHAHAHAHAH.

Yes, it starts out fairly normal. :D I’ve been thinking about buying the DVDs for some time.

My TV’s not working, so no Mentalist tonight… D:

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009

I just watched some Avatar: The Last Airbender. I forgot how awesome Azula was. :D

I just watched some Avatar: The Last Airbender. I forgot how awesome Azula was. :D

Azula was my favorite character by far :x

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited

Iroh was mine. He’s so sweet and old and likes tea! But still awesome and able to kick butt!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

Azula was also my favorite character, Iroh was probably my second favorite. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Another vote for Azula and friends. I particularly enjoyed the beach episode.

I particularly enjoyed the beach episode.

That was my favorite, too. Azula hamming it up during the volleyball game was what finally pushed her over Iroh for me.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Azula hamming it up during the volleyball game was what finally pushed her over Iroh for me.

Insert obligatory quote here.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Azula: “Yes! We defeated you for all time. You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!”
    Pause
    Azula: “Well, That was fun.”

Eragon was on TV the other night week. I taped it but I still haven’t watched it. I saw the trailer though. Can the guy who plays Eragon even act?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

No. :D

Watch it when you’re feeling super down. It’s so ridiculous that your whole day will become slightly better.

When it first came out—wait, this is the “TV Thread.”

Still watching Monster.

And Johan’s so creepy.

I had a humongous weekend binge on Monster a year or two ago while I was on a three day weekend. Johan isn’t the scariest character though, at least to me.

Also for the record, I saw the twist coming way WAY before they revealed it.

Lol, I was watching part of Eragon last night and I started laughing so hard when Sapphira turned into this massive hippy dragon in a matter of seconds. I think I also posted this in the Movie adaptation thread, but whatever.

Does anybody else like that show with the Jonas brothers in it?

(The thing I can’t figure out is that they’re all twentysomething; why do they want to go back to school, even just for acting??)

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009

I’m still pouting about not being able to watch Spooks BUT yesterday I watched the fourth episode from Merlin season 2 which was fun, except my conclusions about Guinevere are that she is, in fact, a bit of a slut. Man.

She doesn’t get a break, does she?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Every guy loves her, and she loves every guy. It gets annoying after a while!

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

XD I don’t think she loves Arthur that way, though, at least. And she’s over Merlin—she got over Merlin when Lancelot showed up.