Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009

And the Captain Wentworthness! :D

• CommentAuthorUn-Dante'd

SUPERNATURAL!!!!!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Batman:TAS!

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited

I’ve been watching Glee. It has its funny moments, but the verdict’s still out on it for me. A few moments are too cringe-inducing for me to say I’m a fan.

How I Met Your Mother is awesome, for sure. No drop in quality between last season and this one (so far).

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009

I’ve sorta given up on Warehouse 13. Maybe I’ll watch the past two episodes and see if I’ll stick with it.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I started on Community, and its quite funny. The characters seem very realistic and suitable for the comedy.

“A toast! To the empowrage of words.”

“Uh.. to the irony of that sentence.”

I have finally seen the first episode of NCIS!

Now I’m angry because the season premiere of The Mentalist was on last night and it’s isn’t online because of some corporate thing. :(

I started on Community, and its quite funny. The characters seem very realistic and suitable for the comedy.

I’ve been watching it too, although I only did it because it came on after The Office and I didn’t feel like changing the channel. I was surprised at how funny it was, and I look forward to seeing where it goes in the future.

Also, that rap at the end of last night’s episode was badass.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

it came on after The Office and I didn’t feel like changing the channel.

That’s a big selling point of it. It is quite funny though.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Justed watched the pilot to Fast Forward.. quite an interesting premise, looks to be a decent show.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Season 1 of MI-5 ended on a completely despicable cliffhanger, and when I scrambled to start the second season, it all came to nothing. I hate that so much.

@ SMARTA: First NCIS episode ever, or first of the new season?

(Color me confuzzled)

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009

Watched the premiere for Dollhouse. As a premiere episode its a bit confusing as its directly off the heels of the finale, but otherwise a decent episode. The show is finally beginning to take some shape.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009

Watching “I Spy Apocalypse” with a slow internet may be the most stressful thing I’ve ever done.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited

Mmkay. So, just watched Merlin, and…okay, my shipper is not taking over. This is good.

To be quite honest, Arthur and Gwen were sweet. And a good chunk of me was going OH MY GOD PRETTY PEOPLE OVERLOAD PREEEETTY PEEEEEOOOOOPLE when they kissed, but the other part was sitting back with its arms crossed scowling at the screen. This entire episode was called “The Once and Future Queen”, so I guess the entire episode was basically development of Arthur/Gwen?

Not that it wasn’t unexpected, it’s canon, after all. He totally goes crosseyed coming out of it, though. With dramatic music and the sun behind them! It was actually kinda cute, although completely out of the blue (in my opinion at any rate, I mean, they had build-up for like ten minutes and then it was WHAMP! SMOOCH!).

The thing is, I felt the entire thing was a wee bit rushed. I mean, they spent the entirety of the first series pushing Arthur/Morgana and Merlin/Gwen…and then they had Arthur and Gwen kiss by the second episode of the next series? I would’ve been a bit happier with this if it had been, say, more episode 8 rather than episode 2.

Not to mention that I really feel Merlin should’ve been the one to get to lose his temper at Arthur. Arthur’s rudeness towards Gwen really was just out of sheer obliviousness—more passive rudeness, while Arthur’s attitude towards Merlin is aggressively rude—ordering him around and somesuch, as I see it.

Also, I like how although Arthur became all nice to Gwen, he was still an absolute prat towards Merlin. More so than by the end of S1, not that my recollections are all that clear. I get the vague feeling we’ve backtracked a bit, and are covering ground already covered. Eh.

@SWQ

New season. squee

Also, as indicated by my post on the Victory thread, I saw the first new season episode of Numb3rs! Yay!

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009

Lalala, reading spoilers for Merlin is fun. ^^

There’s a House marathon on Hallmark this weekend, so I’ve been watching it lots. ;)

On the premiere of Medium, there was a character named Sophie Cullen. I had issues taking her seriously.

Ooh, ohh, I just watched an episode of Without A Trace and I think it may be my favorite detective show. Ever. (Possibly) And then I watched The Mentalist last night, and loved that too.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited

Gonna start Merlin series 2 the moment I get home from school. ^^

EDIT: And I watched Battlestar Galactica last night. I thought it was good but there wasn’t enough funny. =(

And I watched Battlestar Galactica last night. I thought it was good but there wasn’t enough funny. =(

It’s a show about the survivors of a genocide who are desperately trying to find a home, so of course there isn’t enough funny.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009

It’s a show about the survivors of a genocide who are desperately trying to find a home, so of course there isn’t enough funny.

I dunno… you should have seen the original. That had plenty of funny.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

The original was alos made in the 1970s. Just looking at the wardrobe for the cast is kinda funny (Adama in a cape?).

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

The original was alos made in the 1970s.

That’s the whole point. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yeah well, I started watching it under the impression that it was sci-fi parody. Since it obviously wasn’t, I was dissatisfied. =(

• CommentAuthorUn-Dante'd

I finished season two of Supernatural last night at 2 in the morning, and now I feel like my life has no purpose other than finishing my kinematics homework D:

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited

I’m ‘bout to watch the first Dexter ep of s4. Huzzah!

Dammit, I did not need to see Lithgow ass shots.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009

Yay! I watched moar Merlin tonight. Forgot how much I loved that show.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Yay! Me and my little sister watched the first two episodes of the second season last night, ‘twas fun. ^^

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

I got to see the newest episode of How I Met Your Mother. Creative, funny, very funny. I’m a little annoyed though- there was some Barney/Robin friction with Barney being a jackass. Oh noes! :(

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009 edited

So far MI-5 has disappointed me because 1) Tom Quinn has way too many back-to-back affairs with people 2) he shoots his boss and “drowns” himself which is completely out of character, and 3) WHERE IS RICHARD ARMITAGE.

But yeah. Just started season 3 and whoever this new guy from MI-6 is, he’s lovely and I hope he sticks around.

EDIT: Just realised that Mr. MI-6 is Captain Wentworth which instantly makes him ten times more awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009

But yeah. Just started season 3 and whoever this new guy from MI-6 is, he’s lovely and I hope he sticks around.

Yes. He does. Er, just as a warning, they’re very liberal about killing off characters. No one is safe. No one.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

NOOOOOOO

Now I won’t be able to watch it without cowering in fear of all my favourite characters dying. =(

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

EDIT: Just realised that Mr. MI-6 is Captain Wentworth which instantly makes him ten times more awesome.

SEE YES MAHAHAHAHA WHEE

There’s also a shot of his backside at some point. Just a heads up.

My parents deleted the newest episode of NCIS even though I never finished it!

GRRRRR

Watching a bit of Dollhouse right now. While it’s very interesting to watch, it just doesn’t have the appeal that Whedon’s other shows have.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

How far in are you?

How far in are you?

At the latest episode where Echo gets the personality of a mom.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

.. season 2? I don’t recall that one.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

I’m watching the pilot for the new Stargate series. Not too bad, but it’s only the pilot. I’m detecting the influence of the new Battlestar Galactica (group of people stuck on a ship far from home, ect.). Let’s hope the writing holds up just as well…

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Comedy Central revived Futurama for two seasons, 26 episodes. I am calmly ecstatic.

Comedy Central revived Futurama for two seasons, 26 episodes. I am calmly ecstatic.

I’m rather disappointed you can remain calm about that.

I’ve discovered that I am liking comdies/sitcoms less and less. If I enjoy a comedy, it’s usually a dark comedy these days. I’m more into more dramatic, deep shows. I like a lot of character development.

Sadly, I haven’t been able to find a show like this lately.

I used to really enjoy sitcoms and the like, but lately, they’re all the same. Sigh

EDIT:
    This is not directed at any other posts. It was just a thought I was having.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I’m rather disappointed you can remain calm about that.

Partly because I have never seen an entire Futurama episode n’t seen it in a while.

@NP: Aren’t they really cheesy most of the time? The only semicheesy comedy/sitcom I’ll watch is Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Oh, and 8 Simple Rules, but I haven’t watched that in a while. Oh, and does Scrubs count? (Old Scrubs, at least)

I actually haven’t seen it in awhile either, since I’m lending my set of the DVDs to a girl I’m trying to convert, and I’m too lazy to watch the reruns on CC.

Still my favorite English language show by far, though.

BY FAR

@SWQ
    Most of them are. There used to be some good ones on, but yeah, they are basically the same jokes retold over and over again.

Old Scrubs was amazing. Then it went wrong… so horribly wrong.

I liked 8 Simple Rules, but it was much better before he died. It’s very sad that he died.

I love Friends and several other old sitcoms that actually had character development and emotional elements. I like Seinfeld too becaue it was okay that no one ever changed. It was special. These other shows are not special. They need character development.

Really? I liked 8 Simple Rules even after John Ritter died (weird fact- he played JD’s dad on Scrubs, and then after he died, they incorporated that into the show.)

I found CJ and the grandfather funny. However, what was really interesting about 8 Simple Rules was that a lot of the time, the ‘smart’ daughter Kerry was in some ways more shallow than the ‘shallow, popular’ daughter Bridget. And Rory- well, let’s just say he’s my younger brother in five years. facepalm

Watch Futurama, NP.

I liked it after he was gone too. I just preferred it when he was still alive. I didn’t watch it when it aired. I watched it in ABC Family re-runs. I liked the grandpa, and CJ was okay at times, but CJ bugged me a lot of the time. Of course, David Spade kind of bugs me in general. I liked the show though.

@sansafro

Watch Futurama, NP.

I’ve seen it before, though not in years. I think I thought it was funny. I don’t mind mindless entertainment every now and then. I just like to find a show where I can actually care about what happens to the characters.

All of you “sitcoms today suck” people… try How I Met Your Mother . Here are some season one highlights (it’s a quirky show)

There is a blue french horn, aka the “smurf penis”.

There is Neil Patrick Harris. He is a suit-wearing scotch-swilling catchphrase-spewing womanizer. And he’s awesome.

The girl who played Willow on Buffy, Alyson Hannigan, plays a very pervy kindergarten teacher.

There is a mythical “Slutty Pumpkin”.

There is a duel. With swords.

I’ve watched it before too, and it was okay. I just like more serious stuff lately. I don’t know why. There’s a certain balance between comedy and drama that I like, and I haven’t found anything with that balance on TV lately.

Willow on Buffy

Is that where your name comes from?

I’ve seen it before, though not in years. I think I thought it was funny. I don’t mind mindless entertainment every now and then. I just like to find a show where I can actually care about what happens to the characters.

It’s not mindless at all, though, and the characters are what make many of the jokes work.

You do have to watch it from the beginning and in sequence to appreciate some of the continuity jokes in later seasons, though.

Well, I don’t remember much about it. I know there’s a robot, a reheaded guy, and a cyclops girl. Maybe I’ll watch part of the marathon.

Yeah, see, you don’t even have the Rastafarian accountant or the penniless, unpopular Jewish lobster doctor or the “What if William Shatner was in command of the Enterprise instead of Kirk?” starship captain.

They are all key!

Okay, I’ll have to watch an episode or two then, so that I can fully absorb all the awesomeness.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009

The season 2 premier of Star Wars: The Clone Wars wasn’t disappointing. The character animation is a lot more smooth, and the explosions a lot better, but what I like most was the new level of seriousness. Now they have torture, good guys actually dieing gasp, killing, kidnapping, ect. Heck, they even showed a trooper point blank somebody in the head. The first season sucked, but season 2 looks like it will be actually pretty good.

/end inner geek

Haha, my sister and I were watching Gilmore Girls the other night (it was recorded) and it was getting close to the premiere of Clone Wars (which we were also recording). Of course, my brother went into a huge tizzy because he was going to MISS EVERYTHING and blah blah blah. Clearly he somehow fails to understand that recording it means he can watch it any time he wants, without having to sit through stupid commercials.

Is it very sad that animated Anakin is less annoying than live-action Anakin?

• CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009 edited

Neurotic- No, my username is a product of the fact that I love trees and alliteration. MarvelousMaple and ObstinateOak were other ideas. The first sounded like I was a gay man, and the second a manly man. Hence, WiseWillow.

I dunno, I thought live action Anakin was hot, albeit in an emo way.

But he was so annoying, even if he was hot (but he wasn’t with the Jedi braid).

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009

Is it very sad that animated Anakin is less annoying than live-action Anakin?

Yep.^^ I find Padme annoying in both live and animated. :P

Yeah, Padme’s stupid in the animated, but I liked her in the movies. Except the ‘Anakin, you’re breaking my heart’ thing was just narm-y.

Padme was just horrible in Episode 3 IMO, but it had more to do with lousy writing.

Yeah, Natalie Portman is a pretty good actress.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009

I would go gay for Natalie Portman.

Best teevee day ever. 8D Some serious nostalgia, Roswell, two episodes of Dark Angel and the pilot of Reaper. This would be epic day if I didn’t have to work. D:

(I’ve sacrificed the second episode of Dark Angel, work some and then Reaper. :3)

I would go gay for Natalie Portman.

Meh, Kiera Knightley is cool, too. Not that you can tell the difference…

Today, I am lamenting my mom’s crackdown on her laptop’s use. Since my laptop doesn’t have flash (and is frickin’ old) my sibs and I usually watch TV and play video games on her computer. Yesterday, we were interrupted during NCIS, and so have no idea what is going on. Worse, I have yet to see Numb3rs.

>Since my laptop doesn’t have flash

Then get it.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009 edited

I watched the latest episode of Merlin just now, and now I’m extremely frustrated. Grrrrrr.

EDIT: Woohoo! I forgot Heroes had started again. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I am now watching and lurving Futurama.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Not exactly on TV, but I’m watching Justice League on YouTube. Hopefully the episodes will stick around…

I am now watching and lurving Futurama.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Just watched Merlin, too. And I have to say that I have some sort of ridiculous affection for Mordred because he is just too damn cute. I wanted to glomp him so hard. Holy terror he may be, but he’s a damn adorable one.

Although I see that next ep will have a love triangle, apparently. Goddamn. I hate those. It’s quite obviously more Arthur=>Gwen than the other way around, but Lancelot<=>Gwen, as far as I can tell.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Me and my sister (only it was mostly me) were so mad after Merlin was being so pathetic about doing anything for Morgana. Also I’m now a hardcore Merlin/Morgana shipper. Okay? Okay.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

XD THEY’RE MAKING ME SHIP SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS MY BRAIN IS SO CONFUSED. I’m still mostly shipping Merlin/Arthur, but I can deeefinitely see the Merlin/Morgana now, as well as the Gwen/Morgana and of course the Lancelot/Gwen…gaaaah!

Also I want to squoosh Mordred.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Merlin/Arthur: Okay, maybe. I admit it. Maybe.
    Merlin/Morgana: YES.
    Gwen/Morgana: NO. NO. Where did you get this sick idea I’m appalled, Elanor.
    Lancelot/Gwen: Uh, no. Just no.

Yes. That’s what I think about that. Whether you wanted to know or not. XP

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

But I see it everywhere.

Normally I’m the one that sits in the corner and just ships one person with one person. But this show is mixing up my brain so much.

Merlin/Arthur is so obvious. XD Although so far, I’ve been really frustrated with Arthur and wouldn’t cry all that much if Mordred managed to kill him except that then Merlin would be really really sad and then I would be sad because Merlin was sad. Lancelot/Gwen is hinted at so strongly in the end snippet to this last ep. xD Merlin/Morgana was pushed so hard in this ep, and it actually came off quite nicely. Although I still think Gwen/Arthur is just extremely awkward. I don’t see it, frankly. But the Gwen/Morgana is aww. :P

Edit: Oh, and just for the No Yay, Uther/Morgana. Srsly.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Elanor, I don't know you any more.

*sob*
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor

D:

*cries*

But I can't stop seeing it...

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I will poke my own eyes out rather than see Gwen/Lancelot or Gwen/Morgana. SO THERE.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

But Lancelot is nice and pretty!

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

He's way too perfect. D:< Just like Gwen. They would be terrible together.

*is stubborn*
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009

I fully support Lancelot/Gwen. 83 Lancelot is obviously head-over-heels, and Gwen--I feel Lancelot would make her happy. And Gwen is so rarely obviously happy.
    ...don't we have a shipping thread for this? I half paid attention to a reasonable amount of Merlin season 1 and I wasn't very impressed.. seemed a bit B-grade. Right now I'm following the new seasons of Dexter, Supernatural and Big Bang Theory, and I'm watching Family Guy and The Cleveland Show despite not finding them very funny or entertaining.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009 edited

Yeah, well, y’know. It’s pretty obvious by now that half the reason we watch lame shows like Merlin is because of the pretty people. D:

EDIT: I just started watching Heroes again…. Sylar is so much more awesome than I remembered.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009

Pretty people everywhere. 83 I spent fully three-quarters--more, probably--of the latest episode just staring at Morgana.

The entire cast of Merlin is made up of pretty people. How can you not stare?

I just started watching Heroes again…. Sylar is so much more awesome than I remembered.

I feel like this season might actually be really decent, so make sure you cross your fingers at every possible opportunity.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009 edited

I half paid attention to a reasonable amount of Merlin season 1 and I wasn’t very impressed.. seemed a bit B-grade.

You sound like you attempted to take it seriously… O_o

So what does everyone think of the new Doctor Who logo?

I like it. 8D The blue is so prettttty. Much nicer than the firey reds of the last.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009

I like it more than the previous one. The boxy shape is much more nicely compact than the oval.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009

It’s okay. I sort of liked the old one though. D:

So Heroes is, once again, beginning to grow on me. Quite an accomplishment, too, because I really didn’t like the last season much at all.

You sound like you attempted to take it seriously… O_o

Oh so it’s meant to be like that?

I never got into heroes but I really should’ve at least watched seasons 1 and 2, but when I start a series and like it I always want to watch/read it right till the end no matter how crap it gets and I’m not sure if I want to go through season 3, even if season 4 redeems the show.

And the newest episode of How I Met Your Mother is strangely adorable. Clever, and adorable. Not exactly funny- there are funny bits, but this is a slightly more serious one.

And in wonderful news, apparently the one hundredth episode (which is in a couple months) will be musical. Musical. Neil Patrick Harris is one of the five main actors, need I say more?

Have you seen the Scrubs musical episode?

Everything Comes Down To Poo will become a modern classic of music, I’m sure of it.

I really didn’t like the last season much at all.

Understandable, considering it was absolute balls. This one feels headed in the right direction though, with the number of calculated nerfs to overpowered characters(Peter, Hiro) and a plotline that feels like it might actually be building toward something, instead of the chaos last season.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

I’m about done with the third Futurama season, and have declared Dr. Zoidberg my favorite character. Everything he says makes me die with laughter. Not that I don’t love all the other characters as well.

>Since my laptop doesn’t have flash

Then get it.

Can’t, apparently: my dad says I don’t have enough memory or my computer’s too old or something. I downloaded the installer, but now I can’t install it, since my dad is the admin and therefore makes all the installation decisions. I’m still waiting to get the newest update to Inquisitor. Inquistor’s update came out several months ago.

Still fuming over the NCIS Ship Tease. Now want to see the latest episode. Also, am angry that they didn’t update the Numb3rs site to include the latest episode.

I’m about done with the third Futurama season, and have declared Dr. Zoidberg my favorite character. Everything he says makes me die with laughter. Not that I don’t love all the other characters as well.

I concur. For me, it’s probably a tie between him and the Zapper.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

Oh, man Brannigan makes me laugh as much as he makes me want to throttle him. Including the Simpsons, he’s probably the only one that can endanger billions of people with uttter, utter stupidity.

Nah, Zoidberg is my fav. :D

I think Zapp contends(IMO) just because of how impressive his voicework is. So many of his lines wouldn’t work if they were delivered with even a hint of self-awareness.

That said Billy West voices both Zapp and Zoidberg, so I guess Dr. Z gets spillover points.