Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010

The rest of the episode in question was actually pretty good. But ugh, what possessed them to change the classic theme? I hope we aren’t going to be treated to an every other week popular song as an opening. [grumble]

Binging on Daria right now.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I hope we aren’t going to be treated to an every other week popular song as an opening. [grumble]

In b4 Lady Gaga.

In b4

Aren’t you a little… young for /b?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010 edited

Yes, but what’s seen cannot be unseen, unfortunately.

Also, Discovery Channel’s How It’s Made is awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Nobody is too young for /b/, they have queer tastes.

Honestly, if they did Gaga I wouldn’t mind as much. The fact that the Ke$ha song was just bad is what did it for me.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

ew ew ew ew Ke$ha. Ew.

watches Simpsons ke$ha opening

At first I was like…

But then I serioused the fuck up.

Re: Lady Gaga

I figured out why I hate her music so much. It’s pretty much the sluttiest-sounding stuff that’s ever entered my ears.

Really? I guess it’s pretty bad not probably not the absolute worst out there. Or maybe I just don’t listen very closely…

I’m still under the belief that she’s secretly a Power Rangers villain.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010

I have a good friend who likes Lady Gaga. Me, I don’t care either way, though she does have an unorthodox fashion sense as far as I can tell.

@Snow White Queen

Really? I guess it’s pretty bad not probably not the absolute worst out there.

OK; it’s not as bad as Ke$ha. But it’s still pretty bad. The fact that practically half of the lyrics are about sex doesn’t help either.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Yes, but what’s seen cannot be unseen, unfortunately.

Don’t worry, I’ll smack it out of you with violence when I see you. :3

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I like Gaga well enough, which is a lot since I don’t like any other ‘pop’ singers, but Ke$ha is shit.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Don’t worry, I’ll smack it out of you with violence when I see you. :3

:D

If that day ever comes.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Eh, judging by how restricted and tied down I’ve been feeling lately, it shouldn’t be too long.

In something vaguely related to TV, been watching The Great British Menu, and lordy are the Welsh lot arrogant gits.

The fact that practically half of the lyrics are about sex doesn’t help either.

In that regard, she’s not very creative.

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010 edited

The Most Sad Pathetic Crap Worst Song About Sex Award goes to….............Kiely Williams – Spectacular

AURGH!!! The Young Ones was on ABC2 and I MISSED IT because I was at ballroom!!!!

I hate my friend for even drawing my attention to it now.

Use the internets to watch it? Anything I actually care about watching I download.

@ happycrab: 30 seconds and I already need brain bleach.

WHOARGGHHH

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010

Possibly the greatest Community episode aired last night. Dear god it was so funny.

I agree ten-hundred percent, Virgil.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I started laughing when he woke up and did not stop for the rest of the episode. I may have to watch it again.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

So… I don’t watch Community, but because you guys said it was awesome and because I was bored I watched Modern Warfare.

...I think I’m going to have to start watching Community now.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

...I think I’m going to have to start watching Community now.

Its so much better when you know all the characters better. Go watch now.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Started the Pilot.

Also, this is 1 reason among many of why you should watch Castle.

I feel like watching As Told by Ginger. I used to love that show when I was younger.

I never got into it because I wasn’t the right age at its height, and I wasn’t so fond of the art style.

Just finished Season 4 of The Wire. The season finale made me realize that the show reminds me quite a bit of ASoIaF in both its ability to consistently field a breathing, 3D cast and its ability to depress the hell out of me when things eventually collapse on the characters’ heads.

Finished The Wire. Ended about the way I expected it to, the cops manage to eke out a few Pyrrhic victories, and those who try to buck the system are crushed by it. The beat goes on.

I’m watching this show called Food Party. It’s like Pee Wee’s Playhouse gone horribly wrong.

Weeping Angels are SO DANG SCARY!

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010

I think I will beg my dad to lift the usual no-TV-on-school-days so that I can watch the Weeping Angels episode tonight. runs to TV room

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Am I the only one who doesn’t think that the Weeping Angels are scary?

It’ll be on ABC iView anyway, No One.

Um, Puppet? Yes.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

And I didn’t find “Are you my mummy?” that scary either. And I watched that ep alone, late at night in pitch black like Elanor assigned me to do. Not that scary.

I haven’t seen that one.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

It’s from The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. Unless you’re Puppet, it’s pretty terrifying. Were you not scared by the Clockwork Robots either?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Clockwork Robots were a bit scarier, I admit. But I’m not having nightmares over any of these.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Well, maybe not nightmareworthy. But still creepy, yes?

Personally, I found the Midnight Entity the most unnerving of Doctor Who monsters.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yes creepy, everything else, not so much.

I found the “are you my mummy?” one the scariest. But not nightmareworthy. That honor has belonged to various things over the years, but I don’t think it has ever been anything from Doctor Eho.

This is my last week of school. I will start watching Dr. Who either this weekend or next week via the interwebz.

Given all the fanfare here and how interesting/creepy it sounds, I simply cannot put it off any longer.

Legend of the Seeker. So bad. So addicting. Plus, the skewed morals give my sister and me much to talk about!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2010

I learned today that Cara from Legend of the Seeker was also Cordelia in Buffy. I thought she looked familiar!

Community is less than three.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2010

I haven’t seen it, but I will say all of you guys here are so streets ahead.

Anybody who doesn’t watch it is very, very streets behind.

I learned today that Cara from Legend of the Seeker was also Cordelia in Buffy.

Actually, she played Triana, not Cara. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010

Ah, so she did. You are the superior Legend of the Seeker fan. :P

Hey, there’s a character called Trianna in Inheritance. She must be a Time Lord or something.

Ah, so she did. You are the superior Legend of the Seeker fan. :P

I feel so proud.
    ;P

That is nothing to be proud of, RVL!

Mentalist was good...Simon Baker is so beautiful...
    • CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010

I totally agree with you there, lookingforme. I think Simon played Jane very well… and the series itself is not only hilarious but very, very, very interesting and cool. Especially watching the relationship between Grace and Rick… (hang on, I think I mixed up somewhere…)

I just saw the full first season of The Office.

I don’t actually know whether it was funny or not. But Mackenzie Crook is hilarious.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010

Watch the US version. It’s better.

@ No One: Grace's love interest's name is Rigsby, not Rick. I was so scared that when Lisbon found out about their relationship, she was going to boot him off the team! He's so hilariously dense...
    • CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010

@looking: Haha, yeah.

Rigsby! I knew I mixed up with someone else…

Hey, which episode are you on?

Totally saw the end of this Community episode coming.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010

Say anything and it will be carved on your tombstone. I watch it tomorrow morning on Hulu.

I’m insulted you even think that needed saying. I’d never do a fellow Communitybro like that.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

After you guys commented on the awesomeness of Modern Warfare I went ahead and watched all of the Community eps. It was the BEST WEEKEND EVAR. So yes, if you spoil anything Sansafro, I will strip you of your manhood.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Communitybro

Me and Annie’s Boobs approve of this.

Cuddy and House should not be together. It’s icky somehow. They are just so incredibly wrong for each other.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited

Watching Torchwood: Children of Earth at the moment. Wasn’t expecting it to be so intense.

EDIT: Ew! Cuddy and House? That doesn’t work at all. D: House shouldn’t be with anyone. D:

Actually I have no room to talk, I’ve only seen like the first five or six episodes of the first season. But still.

House shouldn’t be with anyone.

I agree. House has hookers. If he must be with someone, it most definitely should not be Lisa Cuddy. I think, personally, the only type of person who could be maybe work with him is someone almost just like himself, though even that would get old fast. House should be alone and miserable unless he’s taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010

Watching Torchwood: Children of Earth at the moment. Wasn’t expecting it to be so intense.

Ooooh, did you enjoy it? CoE was fantastic. Especially Rhys. And PC Andy.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010 edited

Community was pretty good. Things were pretty realistic. Bringing Slater back was a bit off, but yeah.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Totally saw the whole thing coming.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I loved and hated Children of Earth.

Also, I wasn’t expecting all that terrible stuff to happen with the kids. It was just startling. And sad. D:

And RHYS. He was the best. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

8D RHYS. And yes, terrible stuff. Torchwood finally gets what it means to be an Adult Show.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010

But I’m not an adult. D:

I watched the Doctor Who pilot. I can’t decide how I feel about it yet. I think I need to watch more episodes first, which I will do later. I really want to like it, so I hope that more episodes will make this the case. Right now I am indifferent. Now I’m going to watch the first season of Dexter.

Now I’m going to watch the first season of Dexter.

A wise choice.

^^Yes, I’ve only really seen the last half of the fourth season, so I have summer catch-up to do before it starts again.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010

Lost was odd and I’m not sure I understood it. But it ended happily, so I guess that’s a plus.

^^Yes, I’ve only really seen the last half of the fourth season, so I have summer catch-up to do before it starts again.

That is a… very strange place to begin.

^^Well, my dad watches it, and until recently, I was not allowed to watch it. I was only fourteen when it started, and my dad wouldn’t let me because, as my mother says, the first couple of seasons were “kind of raunchy.” Plus, I didn’t have much interest until recently. Have you read the books?

Lost was odd and I’m not sure I understood it. But it ended happily, so I guess that’s a plus.

I liked the eye closing thing, but the rest seemed like a cop-out. They didn’t really explain or answer anything. The ending did not depend on what had already happened in the show. Any show can end with

•  
      CommentAuthorhappycrab91
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited

@ platypus

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010

“I don’t give a shit” pretty much sums it up, yeah.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010 edited

Finally caught up Ashes to Ashes.

I daren't watch it again, lest I flood my flat with tears.

-_-
    • CommentAuthorDanielle
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010

@ all the other Losties:

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010 edited

Been re-watching Life On Mars, it now actually seems odd to see Raymondo without his big hair. XD

<3 I love this series, so much. And it’s kinda interesting to watch it post-A2A, despite the obvious retconning.

“Gene Hunt smashes doors down he does not pick girlie locks!”

^^I liked the American one, but I’ve never seen the British original version. I hear that it’s much better.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010

Oh man, yes. I’ve never seen the American one, but with what happened in Ashes to Ashes… just would not have worked. What troubled me the most in hearing about the American version is that they got rid of the ambiguity? That made the series. :/

...And I’ve just read the plot synopsis of the US version. Specifically the ending. O_o

Yeah. No.

Well, the ending was sort of thrown together at the last minute since it got canceled after the first season. That was my impression anyway. The ending was not its strong point. I would like to see the UK version though.

Made my brother watch the first five or so episodes of The Wire. He seemed pretty disinterested at first, but I think it’s starting to get its hooks into him.

He seemed pretty disinterested at first

NO. He was uninterested. “Disinterested” means “not biased”.

Sorry; it’s just a pet peeve of mine when people confuse those words’ meanings.

My bad, D. I won’t make that mistake again.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010

Legend of the Seeker. Words cannot express my shame. I’m considering giving up on it altogether after the episode where Richard single-handedly turns around a breach baby and delivers it while a whole bunch of other, probably more competent females hang about watching. I almost threw up in my mouth a little.

Legend of the Seeker. Words cannot express my shame.

Heheh… Love that show soooo much. But more for the lulz than the actual content. ;P

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010

Don’t forget the eye candy. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010

I just saw the series ending finale thing. Multiple antagonist factions are fun.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010

No The Office, Community, Castle, Chuck or Mythbusters. And Firefly is canceled. Blasphemy I say.