Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009

I like it.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Quite an earworm, no?

Though not as bad as Saria’s Song.

Though not as bad as Saria’s Song.

. . .

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I mustn’t click the link…but it’s a link…and all links must be clicked…

Curse you!

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009 edited

Ah, I have found it. The perfect song to get others out of my head.

The only problem is that it’s just as addictive as what was in there before…

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

Three Seed by Silversun Pickups.

Unfortunately I have a habit of mumbling lyrics stuck in my head when I’m nervous. It’s considered a little weird when someone’s muttering “A clean execution” under their breath. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009

The Reeling by Passion Pit…

♫ “I can feel the madness inch by inch…” ♫

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited

Thanks, Moldorm.

I aim to please.

Little People, Les Mis.

I sang that song at a voice recital! I also acted it out, which was much harder.

Theeeeeey laugh at me theses fellow just because I am small!
    They laugh at me because I’m not a hundred feet tall!

SO CUTE!

Stop! In The Name Of Love by the Supremes. It’s part of a medley we’re singing for choir.

Welcome Princess of Hell - Mercyful Fate

Man, the haunting voice of King Diamond in that song, supported by heavy-rocking riffs is a pure delight for me!

Rachmaninov Vocalise…I just keep humming it over and over and over again!!

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011

For some reason when I can’t think of a song I revert automatically to American Pie, or the Weird Al parody of it.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011

This song from the anime D.Gray-Man has been stuck in my head… I think it’s called the Musician or the 14th Melody…

The singer’s voice is so… captivating. I just can’t get it out of my head… I think I want to play it on piano and sing it in Japanese and/or English…

T-T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJjWaIE9NAA

It’s straight METAL in your face! I need to get this album! I’ve been catching up reading stuff on Facebook and the web, interviews, and two onlines interviews, one of them featured the whole album.

So far, I think Benedictum will rank 1st on my Top 5 of Female-Fronted Metal bands.

Blow by Kesha is stuck in my head. Gah, GET IT OUT! >.<

I’m so glad the only Ke$ha song I’ve ever heard is “Tik Tok” and not even all of that.

Mambo Number 5. Mostly because I listened to it constantly back in elementary school for some reason or another, and now its seeping back into my thoughts.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011

Mad World by Gary Jules I think… in his album Tears for Fears…

It’s so depressing. ;_;

Hills of Radiant Winds – Okabe Keiichi

Not that this is a bad song to have stuck in your head, mind you. <3

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011

Sacred Worlds by Blind Guardian. And I’m not complaining.

Ugh, Rhapsody in Blue. Get it out, GET IT OUT!! >.<

Symphony 9 in E minor, op.95 : “From The New World” – Antonin Dvorak
    =D

You belong with me - Taylor Swift

RAAARGGHG! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! >_<

J-Pop songs from the latest anime I’ve watched tend to drill into my brain and infest it till I bother to download it.
    I don’t know what it is with them and their ridiculous catchy-ness >:O

•  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011

“Take Me into the Beautiful” – Cloverton

I’m not really complaining, I like the song, but it just won’t leave and I can never remember the lyrics.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011 edited

That Saxophone song that’s like “DO DO DEE DO DO DO DOOOO DO DO DEE DO DO DO DEE DO DOO

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011

The English translation of Road Camelot’s Song from D-Gray.Man.

21 Guns — Greenday

My Eyes, from Doctor Horrible’s Sing Along Blog.

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011

Not a song, per se, but the first stanza of Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘El Dorado’ has been haunting me for days

“There’s a hole in the world/Like a great black pit/and the vermin of the world inhabit it/and its morals aren’t worth what a pig could spit/and it goes by the name of Londonnnnnnnn!!!”

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam

Damn you, Weird Al Yankovic! How did you make Polka so catchy!?

Sondheim refuses to leave my head. :/

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

@ Klutor:

At the top of the hole/Sit a privleged few/ Making mock of the vermin in the lower zoo/ Turning beauty into filth and greed, I too/ Have sailed the world/ And seen it’s wonders/ For the cruelty of men/ Is as wonderous as Peru/ But there’s no place like London!

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011

@ Apep & Klutor:

There’s a hole in the world like a great black pit / And it’s filled with people who are filled with shit / And the vermin of the world inhabit it… / But not for long…

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam

All of you stop it! Now it’s getting stuck in my head!

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011 edited

@ Beldam:

There was a barber and his wife/ And she was beautiful/ A foolish barber and his wife/ She was his reason, and his life/ And she was beautiful!”

GAH. I’ve had White Boys from Hair stuck in my head since yesterday.

@Apep and Taku: we win together!
    tries a one-person Mexican wave

I just wish I knew the full lyrics to this one, though:
    Buy Pirelli’s MIRACLE ELIXIR (tm)!!!
    Get you in a fix, sir!
    True, sir, true!

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Yeah, I can’t remember all the words to that one either.

Now, here’s the real question – Original Stage production, or Movie production? Or, put simply, Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Lovett, or Johnny Depp as Sweeny Todd?

^Don’t kill me or anything, but I’ve never seen any stage version of Sweeney Todd.
    I only saw the movie – but I know that it’s originally a play. And you have to admit, Mr Depp makes a fantastic Todd. I was really pleasantly surprised at the quality of his and Helena Bonham Carter’s singing voices.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited

It was originally a short story, but I haven’t read that either. Mr. Depp does make a brilliant Todd, but I thought Jamie Bower was the real stand out, after Ed Sanders. Bower’s voice ( I feeeeeel youuuu, Johannnnaaaaa ) was lovely. We all know to expect the best from Depp, Bonham-Carter and the Sheriff of Nottingham, but the less-experienced cast really stood out.

Have you seen the DVD with the audio description (for the vision impaired)? It’s like an audio-book with singing and acting. The descriptions really add to the effect, don’t get in the way of the dialogue, story or musical numbers, and the narrator did a wonderful job building up the atmosphere with tone and pacing.

On-topic Edit: It’s Opus One! It’s got to swing not sway, hey, hey, hey. It’s Opus One! It’s not for Sammy Kaye, baby!

I’ve been humming “If I Were a Bell” from “Guys and Dolls” incessantly since my voice lesson yesterday :P

It was originally a short story, but I haven’t read that either

Didn’t know that. Thanks, Taku.

Sheriff of Nottingham

You mean Snape? Or Gruber? ;-)

Also on topic:
    The Caramelldansen – very old, but still catchy.

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011

Caramelldansen – very old, but still catchy.

Ah, meme music. My mind will be but a slew of Nyan cat and Geddan for days.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Nyan Cat is actually kinda catchy. I can’t stand J-pop, so the caramelldansen is just an amusingly annoying distraction. :P

I’ve got Space Beacon from Digital stuck in my head. Perfectly all right.

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam

Nyan Cat is not just kind of catchy—it is obscenely catchy. So much so that one is almost compelled to listen to those hundred hour loops on youtube. Though, Caramelldansen isn’t J-pop—it’s Swedish XD

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited

I found this, and it’s a definite earworm. For some reason I’m starting to like this kind of music. Odd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVjpVBWFyw&feature=related

[EDIT] Also – NYA NYA NYANANANA NYA NYA NYAN NYA NYA NANANA NYA

Though, Caramelldansen isn’t J-pop—it’s Swedish XD

Truth.
    Who made the Speedycake remix, though? Also Swedish origin?

Nyan Cat

Knowyourmeme is broken or something, so help me out here – where did the flying brick-bodied kitten who literally shits (six-colored!) rainbows come from?

I found this

Actually Pretty Funny Cool. Where does it come from?

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

I don’t have any clue, and most of the sidebar links aren’t that great, but I really like that one.

NyanCat was just made by some dude, who goes by PJguitarist. Someone else made the music.

Anyone spend any time in the Newgrounds Audio Portal?
    I recommend Evil Dog, SWiTCH, and Goukisan.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011

Oh my word. Remixes tend to get stuck in my head for a while, because they’re pretty much guaranteed to be Ear Worms by their very nature, but Erectin’ a River is just… worse. It probably doesn’t help that I have several times listened to the ten minute loop of it over and over again.

HOLD IT SPAH DON’T TOUCH THAT SENTRY

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

A friend sent me that on Steam once.

SO ANNOYING. I don’t know why, but all the parts of that song completely fail to click for me.

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam

where did the flying brick-bodied kitten who literally shits (six-colored!) rainbows come from?

He is not a brick—he is a poptart of magic and love~~
    Since ‘nyan’ is japanese, the song’s probably japanese, or some other place that shares that onomatpeia. That, or a crazy, crazy foreigner with an obsession and lots of freet time.

This erectin’ a river thing is so spaztic that it’s actually pretty funny. Makes me think of that Crazy Frog thing from…12 decades ago or whenever.

Wow, I remember Crazy Frog. I feel old.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011

This was basically my childhood.

No, I’m not old. But I used to fall asleep under the tables of our local sock-hop while Mum was dancing the night away.

Crazy Frog was 2005’s big hit.
    Along with “I Like The Way”, by The Bodyrockers.

Who are they?! I hear you cry.
    Exactly.
    The correct phrase is one-hit-wonder.

The Lazy Song.

I hate that song so much and it’s stuck in my head.

The music video is pretty damn stupid, too.
    It’s almost like they were too lazy to do a proper one….

Stealth Pun, perhaps?

Some stupid song by One Republic. I really hate it, but it’s always on the radio and I carpool with my friend, who always listens to the radio. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011

Most likely Stop and Stare, if it’s really bothering you and knowing the name helps you get rid of it.

No, it was something about life being good…

The music video is pretty damn stupid, too.
    It’s almost like they were too lazy to do a proper one

Really, who wants a song about being a slug and lying around mastrubating and watching the ceiling fan instead of doing something productive. I mean, really, who does that? Certainly not I.

(for serious though, the “hand in my pants” lyric BAFFLES me. Why would you admit to that in a song? That millions of people hear? It’s it a bit like singing: “hey, everybody I dropped a load
    It was brown and lumpy like a toad…” )

And why does he own a snuggie?

And why the monkeys?

Well, Todd in the Shadows did a much better riffing than I can.

But I’m dying to spork it. has anyone every sporked song lyrics?

I had the “do your ears hang low” song stuck in my head. Really. And I have no idea why.

And the other day, on my way to school, I suddenly had “It’s Gonna Be Me” (by N*Sync I think) stuck in my head. I haven’t heard that song in like ten years, and I remembered a surprising number of lyrics. Then that led to “Bye Bye Bye” being stuck in my head a little bit too. Seriously, younger self, why the boy bands?

Really, who wants a song about being a slug and lying around mastrubating and watching the ceiling fan instead of doing something productive. I mean, really, who does that?

Green Day.

for serious though, the “hand in my pants” lyric BAFFLES me. Why would you admit to that in a song?

I never caught that part.
    I got stuck where he had “some really nice sex” with a girl… who turned out to be played by a dude in the video.
    And not even a pretty dude, at that

Still, he’s not alone on that. It has been speculated that “Blister in the Sun” by the Violent Femmes is also about masturbation, what with “staining my sheets” and all. I had a closer look, though, and it seems more likely that it’s about a former druggie who’s going through severe withdrawal.

“hey, everybody I dropped a load/It was brown and lumpy like a toad…”

sobs with laughter

And why the monkeys?

I DON’T KNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!11!1!!!!!!111!!!!

But I’m dying to spork it. has anyone every sporked song lyrics?

Do it.

Then that led to “Bye Bye Bye” being stuck in my head a little bit too

I used to own that song. Purely out of a sick, sadistic desire to plant it into other people’s heads.
    Yeah, I’m an Earworm Farmer.

Green Day.

What? No…. no! Tell me it’s not true!

I got stuck where he had “some really nice sex” with a girl… who turned out to be played by a dude in the video.

I got stuck where he had “some really nice sex” with a GIRL. Honestly (for real) I thought he was gay until that line.

Still, he’s not alone on that. It has been speculated that “Blister in the Sun” by the Violent Femmes is also about masturbation, what with “staining my sheets” and all. I had a closer look, though, and it seems more likely that it’s about a former druggie who’s going through severe withdrawal.

I guess, but the Lazy Song is just about puttering your day away.

sobs with laughter

hands you a kleenex

Honestly (for real) I thought he was gay until that line

You did?
    You must’ve missed “Just The Way You Are”, then.
    It was one of the big hits of earlier this year, and it’s basically him being all soppy towards his significant other, who is specified to be a girl.

Horrible song, though.
    Think a cross between “You’re Beautiful” (James Blunt) and “No Promises” (Shayne Ward), with a side order of Extra Whine.

Edit: thanks for the kleenex.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011

“some really nice sex”

Honestly, that’s just disappointing. ‘Nice’ should not be the goal regarding sex. Personally, I’d shoot for ‘great’ at the very least.

“Just The Way You Are”

This pisses me off, and I haven’t even heard the song – I’m pissed that he used the title of possibly one of Billy Joel’s most romantic songs and probably pissed all over it.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Green Day

BA-HAHAHAHAHAAA. This made my entire day. What a perfect one-liner.

And why the hell do they always put Jaded/Longview on the radio anyway? Easily their worst song (yes, worse than over 50% of American Idiot or that newest sparkle-crap).

I’m not going to lie, I love the American Idiot album. It’s what got me into rock and by extension to my higher plane of musical taste. So as simplistic as Green Day is, I don’t really like to bash them. If it weren’t for Boulevard of Broken Dreams, I might be listening to Hilary Duff instead of Tool.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

I think that that was probably their best music, myself. Boulevard of Broken Dreams remains one of my all-time favorite songs. That being said, when Green Day was cool they were silly but really catchy punk kids, like blink and sum. They’ve now passed on to a stage of faux-emo, musical-producing pretentiousness that just really annoys me. They started wearing eye shadow as 30-40 year old men, for Pete’s sake. I think it was the musical that pushed it over the edge.

You must’ve missed “Just The Way You Are”, then.

Oh, I forgot that was him. AWFUL song.

This pisses me off, and I haven’t even heard the song – I’m pissed that he used the title of possibly one of Billy Joel’s most romantic songs and probably pissed all over it.

Billy Joel > Bruno Mars

They started wearing eye shadow as 30-40 year old men, for Pete’s sake.

It was eyeliner and Billie Joe has pretty eyes, so it’s okay.

It was eyeliner and Billie Joe has pretty eyes, so it’s okay.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of men in eyeliner, but Billy Joe really doesn’t look bad in it.

I also love American Idiot.

•  
      CommentAuthorFell_Blade
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011

Devastation and Reform by Relient K. Oh Yeah!

Personally, I’d shoot for ‘great’ at the very least.

Same here.

Hilary Duff

twitch
    another twitch
    falls off chair

Boulevard of Broken Dreams remains one of my all-time favorite songs

Same here, but you have to admit that “21 guns”, one of their more recent numbers, is somewhat similar and therefore also awesome. Sad, but awesome.

Oh, I forgot that was him. AWFUL song.

I’m so glad to hear a girl say that.
    Most other chicks I know were all like “Awwww, he’s so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt!!!!!!!
    pukes mightily

Bruno Mars is whiny and annoying. But I have to admit, sometimes, I think the Glee cover of Just the Way You Are is kinda sweet. Also, Marry You has a horrible, horrible message.

^I don’t know Marry You.
    Do I want to?

Here’s some sample lyrics

It’s a beautiful night,
    We’re looking for something dumb to do.
    Hey baby,
    I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
    Or is it this dancing juice?
    Who cares baby,

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go,
    No one will know,
    Come on girl.
    Who cares if we’re trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow,
    Shots of patron,
    And it’s on girl.

Don’t say no, no, no, no-no;
    Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
    And we’ll go, go, go, go-go.
    If you’re ready, like I’m ready.

Cause it’s a beautiful night,
    We’re looking for something dumb to do.
    Hey baby,

Is it the look in your eyes,
    Or is it this dancing juice?
    Who cares baby,

I’ll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like oooh,
    So whatcha wanna do?
    Let’s just run girl.

If we wake up and you wanna break up that’s cool.
    No, I won’t blame you;
    It was fun girl.

And we’ll go, go, go, go-go.
    If you’re ready, like I’m ready.

Punch. IN THE FACE. I mean, really, I know that the “sanctity of marriage” doesn’t really exist anymore, but really? REALLY?

^You know, even if you’re one of those extreme Katy Perry-haters, you have to admit that she did it far more realistically with her song Waking Up In Vegas.
    The couple wake up married, but they regret it because they don’t really know each other, and they’re hungover and pissed, and now they have to fix the mess they got themselves in.

Tell me he didn’t say that, in this day and age of “look at how she was dressed”. Tell me he didn’t say that.

•  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter

Shots of patron,
    And it’s on girl.

I dunno. Took me a couple shots of Patron Silver to want to get married. ;) Seriously, though, I agree with you. I know we live in the day and age of people having starter marriages, but most people at least try. I’m not sure if that song makes me want to just roll my eyes or kick a kitten.

And speaking of kittens, currently in my head is this . Enjoy.

Nope, sorry Klutor, he said that. Facepalm

Okay then.
    I’ll just, you know…

deep breath

I’m okay now.
    I think.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited

For Klutor:

[EDIT]: Fun parlor game: Take a deep breath, summon all the RAEG you can find in your heart, and roar the tagline of this poster at the top of your lungs in your best THIS IS SPARTA voice. If all goes well you should break down into a brief period of uncontrollable laughter.

And yeah, 21 Guns was very good. Unfortunately that was basically the only song on the album I liked. But I learned how to play it and everything.

Hey, I got a poster!
    Awesome!

If all goes well you should break down into a brief period of uncontrollable laughter.

Oh, I get that regularly.
    Goes hand in hand with insanity.

And yeah, 21 Guns was very good. Unfortunately that was basically the only song on the album I liked. But I learned how to play it and everything.

It’s an great song for a montage.
    You play guitar? That’s awesome, man. :-D

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Sure thing. Hang it up in your room.

I go out of my way to provoke them, though. My life is fuller that way.

Yup! I love it, although my guitar is in a few pieces right now while I fix a busted jack.

Yay!

Awesome. I’m what you might call an ex-muso, so I have a lot of respect for you people who still keep going at it.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

It took me a long time to get used to it, and I’m not anywhere near what I would consider good yet. If I’m fully awake and ramped up on adrenaline I can shred pretty hard, though. :P

I hold strongly by a private theory of mine that the only way to learn electric guitar is through an amp with distort cranked all the way up for at least the first six months. Even if you only know one chord, when you hit it you just sound so damn awesome that you have all the motivation you need to keep progressing.

when you hit it you just sound so damn awesome that you have all the motivation you need to keep progressing

TWAAAIIIINNGGG!!!
    :-D

I’m so glad to hear a girl say that.
    Most other chicks I know were all like “Awwww, he’s so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt!!!!!!!“
    pukes mightily

C’mon. Am I like most other chicks?

Punch. IN THE FACE. I mean, really, I know that the “sanctity of marriage” doesn’t really exist anymore, but really? REALLY?

..... I offically hate this man.
    He’s on the Dinsmore List.

It should have been the last song. I didn’t like the new album as a whole, but I enjoyed Restless Heart Syndrome and East Jesus Nowhere.

Wait, that exists?!

Wait, that exists?!

No, that’s what I call the Hate List in my head. :D

C’mon. Am I like most other chicks?

Point taken.

Are we gonna burn him at the stake?
    takes out lighter

Point taken.

I’m a speshul Snowflake!

Are we gonna burn him at the stake?
    takes out lighter

Let’s.

I’m a speshul Snowflake!

Are you seven-sided?

Let’s

DIE BRUNO DIE!
    I’MMA BURN YOU!!
    I’MMA BURN EVERYTHING, BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!!