Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I did that all the time.
    bq. And it never worked.

I also did that. A very, very tiny part of me also hoped for a Hogwarts letter, but I knew it wasn’t real. It was only me thinking, “It would be amazing to go to a magical boarding school.”

• CommentAuthorFenix
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009

“Lol, no the witchcraft you read about isn’t real, but the occult’s around.”

Yes, they are being around being all like different from you.
    I’m just going to assume you like it when people respect your religion, I advise you to do the same to other people with a different religion, it would make the world a better place.

Not Wicca. Satanism.

Never mind.

Okay, to the general population of II, I’ve whispered the people who’ve commented, and can we move on?

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009

Roald Dahl is crack. I swear.

‘Is’? Isn’t he dead?

His writing.

I was watching Matilda on ABCfamily. Forgot how much I loved the book.

People used to tell me I looked like Matilda (the actress) when I was little.

I was never allowed to watch Matilda when I was little because it looked inappropriate. I saw the cover of the book one day (it was one of the kind that said “Now a major motion picture!” and had the movie characters on the front) and snuck it home. Imagine my disappointment when the pictures inside were drawn and the story wasn’t anything like the ad.

The movie wasn’t inappropriate, really.

The movie... aw, gee, I can't even remember it, really. It was nothing special. Then again, when you stick Roald Dahl on the screen, you're bound to lose some of the magic.

Witness the horrific debacle of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. *kill kill kill*
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009

Witness the horrific debacle of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. kill kill kill

Ohhhhhh god. shudders I mean, it had its own funny moments, but no one’s really managed to capture Willy Wonka.

I did love the 1970s movie when I was a kid. Although apparently Roal Dahl detested it.

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPA DEE DOO

I'VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU

I love the 70s movie, too, but can we get back to Burton-bashing?
    Sometimes Burton is good. His version of Willy Wonka, though... awful.

Eh, it wasn’t awful. I didn’t particularly like the old one either. Everything looked so fake. At least things looked yummier in the new movie, even though Johnny Depp creeped me out.

I like some Tim Burton movies, like A Nightmare Before Christmas. I want to learn Sally’s Song on the piano.

Sweeney Todd = awesomesauce

Wasn’t Edward Scissorhands another Tim Burton movie? That was a great one.

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009 edited

I did love the 1970s movie when I was a kid. Although apparently Roal Dahl detested it.

I was scared of it. Kids go into what looks to be heaven-on-earth and end up having terrible things done to them while a nice-looking man with a scary hat looks on? And they go down a freaky acid trip tunnel while singing a scary acid trip song? Scary.

I agree with RVL. Sweeney Todd ftw.
    • CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Sweeney Todd is amazing.

I’ve seen clips of both Willy Wonkas, and both scare the bejesus out of me. They didn’t capture the spirit of the novel at all.

I love the 70’s version…

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

The 70s version is TERRIFYING! I watched it as a child and was scared out of my mind.

That tunnel sequence is like taking a roller coaster ride through the fifth circle of Hell.

Tim Burton occasionally makes some really good films. I loved Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Sweeney Todd. His Batman movies are also pretty good (though they are lacking in some aspects). I also heard great things about Big Fish. But other than that, the rest of his films are just bland.

Also, he didn’t make The Nightmare Before Christmas (though it was his idea).

Edward Scissorhands was also great. Johnny Depp was very good, considering how few lines he had. ;)

@ Marquis: Really? It’s officially called ‘Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas’ and was produced and co-written by him. So even if he didn’t direct, he was definitely involved.

I like some Tim Burton movies, like A Nightmare Before Christmas.

I love that movie. I have the special edition DVD or something like that, but his Willy wonka did suck.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

The recent Willy Wonka was terrifying. The 70s version was trippy but still enjoyable for me. Neither compare to the book though; it has a charm all its own that neither of the movies was able to capture.

My favorite of Tim Burton’s stuff is The Corpse Bride.

I haven’t read the book. I just know that that the new Wonka is just creepy and weird. The old one was weird, but it seemed like a fun place, so long as you were “good.” In the new one, I would run screaming when I saw Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp, looking particularly creepy).

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

In the new one, I would run screaming when I saw Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp, looking particularly creepy).

Next time I come across someone screeching that Johnny Depp “iz so HAWT!!11!” I shall show them a picture of Creepy!Depp and laugh.

^^Lol. I think that a picture of him in Alice and Wonderland would also work.

Although, he is very nice to look at as a pirate.

Although, he is very nice to look at as a pirate.

Oh yeah. But I think Willy Wonka Depp is creepier than Mad Hatter Depp.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

^ Definitely. Mad Hatter Depp was intended to be creepy. WIlly Wonka Depp, not so much, and that makes him even creepier. twitch

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Get. Him. AWAY!!!!!

Why, helloooooooo there…. :D

I agree, but I was just offering alternatives. Willy Wonka Depp is just cringe-inducing. His voice in Willy Wonka is really creepy and Michael Jacksonish also. The chocolate factory is really the Neverland Ranch!

EDIT:
    Lol, Willow.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Lol @ Willow

His voice in Willy Wonka is really creepy and Michael Jacksonish also.

I thought he was like Michael Jackson, too! He also looks like him. Although I did like the sequence where child!Wonka is deprived of candy by his dentist dad. Awwww, poor Willy!

He also looks like him.

I was going to mention that, but he just has the whiteness, and none of the horrible plastic surgery nightmares. I didn’t like the dentist dad thing. It was just a weird subplot.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Yeah, the dentist dad was pretty “O_o?”

•  

You know, the Wilder Wonka wasn’t much better than the Jackon!Wonka Depp did.

He’s watching you…

I still say he was a lot better. He wasn’t pale and creepy looking. He looks creepy in that picture, and he is a little creepy, but I don’t feel the need to run away screaming (except in the picture you posted shudders).

Wilder’s Wonka seems much less likely to molest you, though, so that’s a pretty big plus for the original.

Wilder’s Wonka seems much less likely to molest you, though, so that’s a pretty big plus for the original.

I really did lol at that. My thoughts exactly.

•  

His name is Willy Wonka. What do you expect him to do?

Well, Alien, I didn’t expect that until you pointed out how his name could be taken.

Eh, at least Depp’s Wonka never did this.

Oh, but Depp Wonka would’ve done worse things in the weird, dark tunnel.

So this thread diverged from Smeyer preaching mormonism to how Harry Potter isn’t evil to which Willy Wonka is creepier… interesting.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Eh, at least Depp’s Wonka never did this.

I now has new icon. :3

So this thread diverged from Smeyer preaching mormonism to how Harry Potter isn’t evil to which Willy Wonka is creepier… interesting.

All threads will probably end up at this point if anybody references Wonka even in passing.

^^That’s probably true.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

I can see it now… Every time Wonka is mentioned, threads shall veer off topic. In time, the very act of derailing threads will come to be knowv as “Wonka-ing.”

Or not. :P

In time, the very act of derailing threads will come to be knowv as “Wonka-ing.”

Lol “Wonka-ing.”

My inneudo sense is tingling.

My inneudo sense is tingling.

Um, is that sarcasm?

Um, is that sarcasm?

;_;

But they are tingling, seriously.

I will add Wonka-ing to my personal lexicon now.

I wouldn’t go about saying you “Wonka”, though. Someone might get the wrong idea.

@Marquis de Carabas

>His Batman movies are also pretty good -looking (though they are lacking in some aspects such as characters and plots).

Fixed.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009

Depp!Wonka creeped the hell out of me. Voice combined with accent (was it just me that thought his accent was odd?) made me shudder and want to crawl away under my bed.

And everything was so shiny. I mean, I’m all for shiny. But egads.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009 edited

I will add Wonka-ing to my personal lexicon now.

And thus does my plot for world domination through the coining of awesome phrases take one step closer to fruition.

XD

Not just you, Elanor. My eyes! My eyes!

•  

Not just you, Elanor. My eyes! My eyes!

Never watch High School Musical 3, then. Not only does everything sparkle and flash, but during one dance sequence the room spins. I started to get a headache watching it. (Though that may be because of the plot, not the bloody flashing lights.)

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Never watch High School Musical 3, then.

Rest assured, I have no plan to just on basic principle. u_u

LOL.

I saw the first one for the lulz.

I refused to watch the first time we got it. And the second time. I didn’t see the whole thing until we’d owned the movie for several days and the CD for months.

You have the CD? My apologies.

(My brother listens to hard rock and power metal. We’ve trained him well.)

You have the CD? My apologies.

All three. If I hear “Fabulous” one more time…

All three.

That’s even worse!

(was it just me that thought his accent was odd?)

No, it’s not just you. I agree.

@High School Musical
    I also refuse to watch it on principle. When I saw the original previews on Disney, I thought, “Wow, that looks so stupid. Who would watch that?” Apparently everyone. Everyone will watch it.

A note on Zack Efron (or however you spell it), there’s this giant cut-out of him at my Best Buy for 17 Again. It’s pretty creepy. He’s just so big, and he has this huge smile on his face.

A glasglow smile.

Mwahaha.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

When I saw the original previews on Disney, I thought, “Wow, that looks so stupid. Who would watch that?” Apparently everyone. Everyone will watch it.

That is because everyone should be presumed stupid until proved otherwise. u_u How else can you explain the popularity of Twilight and Inheritance and HSM without concluding that most people are stupid?

/cynicism

He’s just so big, and he has this huge smile on his face.

A glasglow smile.

XD

That is because everyone should be presumed stupid until proved otherwise. u_u How else can you explain the popularity of Twilight and Inheritance and HSM without concluding that most people are stupid?

Oh, I do believe that most people are stupid. I was but a naive child when I thought that no one would like such a stupid concept. Silly, Platypus, human stupidity knows no bounds.

A note on Zack Efron (or however you spell it), there’s this giant cut-out of him at my Best Buy for 17 Again. It’s pretty creepy. He’s just so big, and he has this huge smile on his face.

JUST AS PLANNED

When I saw the original previews on Disney, I thought, “Wow, that looks so stupid. Who would watch that?” Apparently everyone. Everyone will watch it.

That was exactly what I thought when I saw an ad for Twilight! Scary!

I weep for humanity.

I weep for humanity.

May the Those Who Weep for Humanity unite!

I’ll unite.

Join our ranks! You’ll receive a free Impish Idea tee shirt!

Will II ever have t-shirts?

But there are T-shirts. I’ve seen them on the internet.

Jeni made a tee shirt. Did you make it yourself or have it done at someplace? I can’t recall.

Really? I mean like official ones.

I’d love an II tee, but I’m not allowed to buy merch from teh internet.

Would we ever be able to pay with checks? Would we ever have official ones?

We need an online store. One right next to the “Team Edward” and “I like my men cold, dead, and sparkly” online store.

Here is one. It looks official. You can order them.

What would it be called? “Impish Idea?”

In my opinion, it should be something ridiculously sharp, witty, and charming at the same time.

There should be other merchandise too. I don’t know what we could call the store though. “The Imp Store”? Naw, that sucks.

What should we put on the shirts, more importantly?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I want the “Dragons? Vampires? We’ve got characters.” shirt. XD

I agree with puppet. Plus, the logo too. Did Sly make the one I linked to, or was that Jeni?

I like the logo, it’s classy (classy is good) but funny quotes would be nice too.

I rather like the chainsaw quote myself.

We could call it the Impish Inventory.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Mmm, to bad last time 90% of the people who said they would be willing to buy shirts never did. =|

Edit: 99.9%

I agree with everything that Alien said.

Mmm, to bad last time 90% of the people who said they would be willing to buy shirts never did. =|

There actually were shirts? Man…

Is this what you are talking about Puppet?

I would really like a chainsaw one like what Jeni had at Comic Con.

I’m not allowed to buy stuff online. If I could, I would.

I still like my impish name idea.