Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Yup. I got it for Christmas. So fun.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2011

And I Quote: “Don’t cry. Disney own the rights to that emotion.”

During a rant about the SOP Act, fittingly (or ironically?) in the form of a “Hitler Reacts” video.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2011

And I quote: “Well, it seems like I can’t say nothing to change ya’ll minds…”

:’(

"You're gonna help me get righteous again."

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012

And I quote: “If two really good friends have problems with each other, it’s not a pretty sight!” – from Hana Kimi.

I now understand why people annoyed and bugged me so much about why I was fighting with my (sadly) ex-best friend even though it was, IMO, none of their business.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012

On the Portal 2 line, I love that whole bit:

“The birth parents you are trying to reach do not love you. Please hang up.”
    Oh that’s sad. But impressive. Maybe they worked at the phone company.

GLaDOS is the best at insults.

@Look at you, soaring through the air like an eagle. . .Piloting a blimp.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012

And I quote: “I am a leaf in the wind, watch how I soar.”

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012

Nooo but then he dies!

And I quote:

Remember, despite the fact that this book is being sold as a “fantasy” novel, everything is very serious, is in no way silly, and will always make perfect sense.
    Rutabaga.

• CommentAuthorMnemone
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2012

And I Quote: "[This movie] was built almost solely for that last 20 minutes in which Pacino eats every last inch of the set and shits Oscars"

And I quote: “No, I just simply like the word bosom. I say it to myself all the time. Bosom bosom bosom. I just can’t help myself. I’m a bosomoholic.”

“Last night, I dreamt that I really had to poop, and then I woke up and it was just a dream, but I DID really have to poop! So I ran to use the bathroom, but it was behind about fifteen different swingy doors, all of which attempted to charge me a quarter to use the facilities. So I slid under each of them, only to run across a guy who had just suffered a heart attack. So the paramedics were all around and I still had to poop! Finally, I woke up harder and realized that, not only had I not been awake before, but I didn’t even have to poop!”

And I quote: “In 12th grade on the A.P. Literature test, I wrote a 3-paged, timed essay about how my aunt who got breast implants (she didn’t) was thematically relative to (it wasn’t) the story of Don Quixote (which I never actually read). I got a 5. Suck it, College Board.”

I found that when I was randomly looking up stuff to do with being an English major (and how it’s not as fun as I thought it would be). Anyway, that snippet amused me.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012

Snicker. I totally made up my SAT essays on the fly.

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012

They practically advise you to BS your way through that entire essay. I ignored my tutor and tried to be serious about it, and my writing section dropped by like 100 marks. The collegeboard is a strange little group of people.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012

I can’t recall what I wrote about for the AP Lit test, but I suspect that while I may have been genuine about what I was talking about, I did write a lot of blarney. That’s my general policy regarding all writing, though. English teachers don’t seem to mind, for some reason.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012

“Let me worry about the accounting, and you just worry about the numbers”.

wot.

•  
      CommentAuthorClibanarius
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012 edited

"Lady with pointy feet finds the perfect shoes."

- The Onion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012

Doctor Freeeeemaaaaan…

I realize this moment may not be the most… convenient for a heart-to-heart. But I had to wait until your friends… heh were otherwise occ-upied.

There was a time they cared nothing for Miss… Vance. When their only experience of h-humanity was a… crowbar… coming at them down a steel corridor. When I plucked her from Black Mesa… heh I acted in the face of… objections that she was a mere child and of no practical use to anyone. I have learned to ignore such naysayers when… quelling them, mm, was out of the question.

Still, I am not one to squander my investments, and I remain confident she is worth far more than the initial… appraisal. That’s why I must now… extract… from you… some small… r-repayment owed for your own survival.

See her safely to White Forest, Dr. Freeman. I w-wish I could do more than keep an eye on you… but I have agreed to abide by certain… restrictions…

Well. Now. Listen carefully, my dear. When you see your… father… relay these words: Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012 edited

“Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days… they the old days.”

• CommentAuthorCodeWizard
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012

“If you agree with everyone, you agree with no one.”

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012

^^Yeah, you agree with me. :P

“Shoot, the way y’all looking at things, ain’t no victim to even speak on.”

“Bullshit, boy. No victim? I just came from Tosha’s people, remember? All this death, you don’t think it ripples out? You don’t even know what the fuck I’m talking about. I was a few years ahead of you at Edmondson, but I know you remember the neighborhood, how it was. We had some bad boys, for real. Wasn’t about guns, so much as knowing what to do with your hands. Those boys could really rack. My father had me on the straight, but like any young man, I wanted to be hard too, so I’d turn up at all the house parties where the tough boys hung. Shit, they knew I wasn’t one of them. Them hard cases would come up to me and say, ‘Go home, schoolboy, you don’t belong here.’ Didn’t realize at the time what they were doing for me. As rough as that neighborhood could be, we had us a community. Nobody, no victim, who didn’t matter. And now all we got is bodies and predatory motherfuckers like you. And out where that girl fell, I saw kids acting like Omar, calling you by name, glorifying your ass. Makes me sick, motherfucker, how far we done fell.”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012

“Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.” —Senator Clay Davis

Senator Clay Davis

The best ‘Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit’ ever.’

For being in the conversation for most quotable show I’ve ever watched, Clay Davis might be the single most quoted character among my Wire-watching family and friends. If it were possible, we’d have run “________? In West Baltimore? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!” into the ground as a way to express incredulity, but no, it’s still awesome.

• CommentAuthorSen
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012 edited

“I knew you’d be late. I could feel you forgetting me. It’s like, without you I feel myself start to disappear. Be nothing.”
    -Sam St. Cloud

Not exactly the best movie ever, or anything, but that was a good scene between the siblings.

• CommentAuthorMnemone
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012

"It's about some guy in a giant blue box that travels through time and space while abducting British girls and battling oversized pepper shakers."
    ----The Marquis

The best description of *Doctor Who* ever written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

I really want to watch Doctor Who. does anyone know how many seasons there are?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Just start at Series 1.

• CommentAuthorMnemone

There are more seasons of Doctor Who than stars in the sky. Just start with Christopher Eccleston (Ninth Doctor), then Mr Tennant (Tenth Doctor), catch up with Matt Smith (Eleventh Doctor), then jump back to Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor) or somewhere. An attempt to rent/own all episodes of all seasons of all eleven Doctors is very, very expensive and takes months to watch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

So there have been eleven different actors playing the Doctor? And a certain number of seasons for each?
    I think I might just have to start at the beginning, though. I’m sure I can just get them out of the library somewhere.

Yes, start with Nine (Eccleston). That’s the first season of the new series. You don’t need to watch all the old ones to know what’s going on, and it will take you forever to do. If you want to go back later and watch all the old ones, more power to you, but I’d start with the new ones first. There have been six seasons of the new series so far.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2012

Awesome, thanks:)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2012

Yeah, don’t start with the old-old ones. With all due respect to them (and I have actually seen several of the old-old ones), they’re… old, poor quality (video, audio, special effects, and occasionally acting because they generally only did one take and dear old William Hartnell was infamous for forgetting half his lines), and some of them just aren’t that interesting. I genuinely like a few (the Romans one was awesome in large part purely because the Doctor may have possibly had a teeny-weeny eensy-weensy hand in the Great Fire of Rome), but they are nowhere near as good as later ones.

If I haven’t turned you off yet and you still want to try some older ones, may I suggest at least starting with a later Doctor than the first? Third or so is good; then you get Sarah Jane.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012

So there are what, eleven series? And is there a current series?

There are technically, almost a dozen eras of the show. You got the Lambert era with historicals and Barbara, the Wiles era with the 12-part Dalek story, the Lloyd/Bryant era with “base under siege”, the Letts era with CSO and UNIT, the Hinchcliffe era where the good stories were pastiches of Horror films, the Williams era where Baker got too hammy for his own good, the JNT era when glam rock looked subtle in comparison, the VNA era where everything got dark, the EDA era where everyone got high, the RTD era where everyone became gay, and the current Moffat era with Rory, River, and everyone else.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

“Series” is just a British-ism for what we Murrikins call a “season”. There’s been 32 seasons thus far, 26 of the old series and 6 of the new. Some Doctors were around for several seasons/series, some were around for fewer (Nine was only around for one while Four was on for seven, for example). The old stories tended to be serialized (so there’d be like six parts to one story), while the new ones follow the modern format of each episode being a standalone story, with occasional two-parters.

But with each Doctor, there did tend to be a change in the show, depending on who the current showrunners were. Some were more sci-fi stories, some were more historical ones, and so on.

Yeah, in short…

If you want historicals, go for Hartnell.
    Siege stories, Troughton.
    Military, Pertwee.
    Hammer Horror, Baker
    Boy’s Adventure Stories, Davison.
    Crap, Colin Baker.
    Post-modern Merlin’s Tale – McCoy
    Stuff to make your brain go fuzzy – McGann
    Drama – Eccleston
    Dramedy – Tennant
    Arc-heavy plots – Smith

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

McGann? Who is this McGann you speak of? Everyone knows the Eighth Doctor never had any televised appearances, he was clearly only in audio plays and books and whatnot.

Yeah, I’m talking about the latter. Paul McGann and India Fisher are awesome together.

Now I quote:

• CommentAuthorSen
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012

“I will have a nice day! I’m gonna hang you in my kitchen and fill you with other bags! You will eat your family!”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2012

And then the Selkath came out… screaming and croaking their fishy little war cries! shudders in horror

Knights of the Old Republic is a side-splittingly funny game at times. And by “at times”, I mean constantly. You’ll be doing all this cool Jedi stuff, slicing up evildoers with your sweet lightsabers and having all these dramatic conversations about good and evil and Carth’s dead wife, and then it’ll come out with something like that. I love this game so much.

And then there’s HK-47, who is just a fountain of hilarious quotes.

You show excellent logical skills… for a meatbag.

(on the topic of how squishy and sloshy humans are) Main Character: I survive. Somehow.
    HK-47: As do I. It is our lot in life, I suppose. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

(in the midst of very tricky negotiations, in which for some bizarre reason we’re trusting HK to translate) We must make a contribution to his people that shows we are not a threat. Shall I blast him now, master?

I just don’t like organic meatbags. (very quickly) Except for the master, of course! Heheh…

(in reply to the main character complaining about HK calling everyone a meatbag) Would you prefer liquidious fleshbag?

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

If you run, you might be fast food!

Say, I got halfway through replaying that game a few months ago… I should really try again. I stopped on Manaan, which makes no sense because Manaan is cool.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I just finished Manaan last night, actually. It is a lot of fun. There’s lots of interesting things to do and see there, so you aren’t left running around for hours trying to find things, like some other planets I could mention. (I am glad about what happened to you, Dantooine, because I hate you.)

Now I’m on the Leviathan, which is always a fun bit. Or horribly depressing, depending on your point of view.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Another unintentionally hilarious game is the original Deus Ex, because its story and ambitions were ahead of its hardware capabilities.

For instance, the extremely goofy voice acting in the infamous Bomb Scene.

“What’s this? OH MY GAWD JC A BAHMB!”

“UH BAHMB!?!?!?!!111”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I vanted orange! It gaiff me lemon lime.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

I just finished Manaan last night, actually. It is a lot of fun.

It’s a good mix of combat and non-combat situations, too, and from what I remember of the trial, it was really well done.

(I am glad about what happened to you, Dantooine, because I hate you.)

YES.

Now I’m on the Leviathan, which is always a fun bit. Or horribly depressing, depending on your point of view.

I vaguely remember picking the worst person possible for the Leviathan and having a ton of trouble.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

I vaguely remember picking the worst person possible for the Leviathan and having a ton of trouble.

You used Mission, didn’t you?

Come on, after Taris, she’s useless. Completely useless. Apart from her side quest on Tatooine, there’s no point in letting her leave the ship.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2012 edited

On Manaan, I felt like that too. The seventeen trials or how many ever you keep getting caught up in are pretty funny. The poor Selkath… they just don’t know what to do about the crazy Jedi who keeps getting dragged into court. I’m not sure which planet is my favorite, but I do like Manaan fairly well.

Mission all the way for me. First of all, she’s hilarious when she tries to annoy people, and secondly, she’s got the right skills for sneaking around and picking locks.

Part of the reason it’s so easy for me this time is because I deliberately built the most tanky main character I could get, so I can pretty much steamroll over everybody. The downside, of course, is that I have zero techy skills, so I always have to drag along Mission or somebody to hack stuff. The plus side is that you don’t need to worry about disarming mines when you can just run over them and barely take a dent to your health!

EDIT: Just saw your comment, funny how we have totally opposite points of view! I built Mission’s tech skills up extremely high, so any time I had a mission that required hacking or something, I always brought her along. And she’s not bad in combat if you make sure she has good gear.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

I guess that works. For me, I always went with scout/sentinel, so my character got loads of skill points, so there are only a few times where I’d need someone else to do any hacking. Then I’d bring out T3.

Party-wise, I almost always went with my scout/sentinel, Bastila, and Carth.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

See, now, T3 is the one I never use. I feel like I should use him more, but I associate him with, well, only hacking. So I only bring him along in specific situations.

I tend to do those three as well. I like to have an at-range person to go along with myself and another Jedi, so it’s usually a combination of me, Carth/Canderous, and Bastila/Jolee.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

You used Mission, didn’t you?

Maybe. Might’ve been Canderous (sp?), though.

Come on, after Taris, she’s useless. Completely useless. Apart from her side quest on Tatooine, there’s no point in letting her leave the ship.

I actually had her stick with me in my most recent playthrough (the incomplete one), if only because she’s awesome.

I think it would’ve been cool if there was some way to know what skills you might need for a specific mission to give you more reason to not just take the Jedi in your team and FIGHTFIGHTFIGHT.

EDIT: Ha, I never use T3 either. He just seems so weak, I find it pointless. I don’t think I really use Canderous either, or HK-47.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Yeah, I’m mostly going by my (admittedly shaky) memories of my last playthrough to figure out who to bring along, but I still usually screw up. And I must admit that having a team full of Jedi is just fun. Oh, you have a security droid? Excuse me while my friends and I get out our SIX LIGHTSABERS and SUPER COOL JEDI POWERS.

Wait, what happened to Dantooine?

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

It got bombed ala Taris. (So, everyone’s dead.)

Oh. I’ve never actually played the first KotOR.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

Have you played the second?

I have. Also SWTOR, which seems like KotOR 3 pretty much.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

Well, the second was nearly as good as the first so that’s cool.

Does Revan come up at all in SWTOR? Or did they just abandon that plotline?

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

It’s a few hundred years since Revan, I think. He’s mentioned a few times, and there’s a questline on Dromund Kaas that has you infiltrating a Revan-centered cult, although you can join it if you decide to. I was “Boltspam the Revanite” for a long ass time.

Also there’s some speculation from characters in-game that the Sith Emperor who nobody’s seen in however long is Revan himself.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

^^ Now that would be interesting.

But really, you’ve played KotOR 2 and not the first? That’s rather backwards, don’t you think? :D From me, anyway. You should play it, it’s really good, even if you do know all the plot twists ahead of time.

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

Hmm. I really wish LucasArts would go back and continue some of their abandoned video game series. (But now I feel like I’m getting really off-topic.)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012

I’ll get us nominally back on topic with a few more choice quotes:

Canderous Ordo, after the seventy-billionth successful Force Persuade in a row: I’m amazed at how many people that works on. The entire galaxy must be filled with weak-minded fools.

Bastila Shan, trying to subtly -make sure the mind-wiping worked- learn about your background: On which planet were you born?
    PC: Kashyyyk. I’m a Wookiee…can’t you tell?
    Bastila: What is your background?
    PC: I’m a Hutt in human form planning to overthrow the Republic.
    Bastila: And your current age is…..
    PC: 3012. Healthy living, you know.
    Bastila: I see you intend to be childish about this.

Jolee Bindo: You know what the problem is with the young these days? They’re young!

Because I just finished Korriban, here’s one from there as well:
    Lashowe: Do you know how many Sith are on Korriban?
    Carth: Is this a raffle? How many guesses do we get?

I never actually had gotten that one before (I think I had Jolee before, who has an equally irreverent response), so it amused me for quite a long time.

Then there’s the main character’s awful joke…
    PC: Umm, two Mandalorians are walking through a forest when they encounter a corpse. The first Mandalorian activates his communicator and asks his commander what he should do. The commander says, “First, make sure he’s dead.” A few seconds later a blaster shot is heard. The Mandalorian then says, “He’s definitely dead.
    pause for dramatic effect
    Canderous Ordo: It would have been more realistic if the commander just shot them both.

“The fact of the matter is I love doing 12-year-old boys, and I love going to preschools, and watching them through the fence, to get into the mood to do them.” – The voice of Goku

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012

Wat.

• CommentAuthorSen
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012

And I quote: “And that led to another understanding: Hassan knew. He knew I’d seen everything in that alley, that I’d stood there and done nothing. He knew I had betrayed him and yet he was rescuing me once again, maybe for the last time. I loved him in that moment, loved him more than I’d ever loved anyone, and I wanted to tell them all that I was the snake in the grass, the monster in the lake. I wasn’t worthy of this sacrifice; I was a liar, a cheat and a thief ….

... there would be some pain, but life would move on. I wanted that, to move on, to forget, to start with a clean slate. I wanted to be able to breathe again.”

- Amir

^^I love that book.

It’s depressing, though.

• CommentAuthorDeborah
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012

“Frosting, the last refuge of the dying.” Peeta, The Hunger Games.

“The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.” Percy Jackson, The Last Olympian.

Some lady (I forgot her name.): If you were my husband, I’d poison your tea.
    Winston Churchill: And if you were my wife, I’d drink it.

A tree can’t complain that you haven’t gotten it’s likeness properly—Winston Churchill

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” — G.K. Chesterton

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probably explanation is that I was made for another world—C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity.

The real problem with trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed—C.S. Lewis, The Magician’s Nephew.

“He [Gollum] deserves death.”
    “Deserves death? I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too quick to deal out death in justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.”—Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012

Lady Astor. Her verbal battles with Churchill are pretty legendary. Her scathing wit in general is pretty legendary, come to think of it.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2012

Hey hey, hey lady.

What’s your favorite thing about space? mine is space

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012

People are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of: ‘the elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.’”

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012

^This.

Francis: “You shot the pilot!”
    Zoe: “He was a zombie!”
    Francis: “But he was also our pilot!”

Nick: “Ellis, why’d ya shoot the pilot?”
    Ellis: “He tried to bite me!”
    Coach: “Yeah, the pilot trying to kill us was kinda’ the low point in the flight.”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012

Nice ones. I like those lines.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Francis: I hate buses/cars/people/women/pets/trees/boats/planes/helicopters/etc etc.

Francis: I like vests.

When I got into the elevator at the end of one of the Mercy levels, there was this hilarious conversation between Bill and Francis. I can’t remember anything about it except that it was really, really funny and totally unexpected.

What are you quoting from, Inky?

• CommentAuthorDeborah

Will someone get this walking carpet out of my way?—Princess Leia, A New Hope.

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?—Garth Nix, Sabriel.

It is not in your authority, Steward of Gondor, to order the hour of your death. Only the heathen kings, under the dominion of the Dark Power, did thus, slaying themselves in pride and despair, murdering their kin to ease their own death—Gandalf, The Return of the King

We didn’t have any rules, except the rule about not stepping off of our circles and the unspoken rule about not eating one another—Katniss, The Hunger Games.

. . . you couldn’t spank a wizard who was having a temper tantrum about his hair.—Sophie Hatter, Howl’s Moving Castle.

For he that does good, having the unlimited power to do evil, deserves praise not only for the good which he does but for the evil from which he forbears.—Sir Walter Scott, Ivanhoe.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Well hast thou said, all is possible for those who dare to die! – Sir Walter Scott, Ivanhoe.

Neuro, it’s Valve’s Left 4 Dead videogame. Francis is a monosyllabic biker who hates everything except the leather vest he wears.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012 edited

I hate hospitals. And doctors, and lawyers, and cops…

Go watch this and you will begin to understand just how many things Francis hates.

"Look, it's your christian duty to tell me why you're going to blow me up."

That video has made me interested in that game now.

And I quote: “Apparently they thought he was flying—you know how children are. ‘Look, look! A man is flying!’ And then… splat.”

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012 edited

The best L4D quote continues to be

GOT PILLS HERE

As said by Coach. Of course, nobody can beat Coach, because he was also one of my favorite characters on The Wire.

Also, a quote that I don’t know the source of, but feels incredibly true:

“Men socialize by insulting each other, but they don’t really mean it. Women socialize by complimenting each other, and they don’t really mean it either.”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@NP – what’s kinda cool about it is that even though it’s a co-op game and therefore all four characters are controlled by human players (usually), each character is still distinct and has their own personality. Bill is the grizzled war vet. Francis is the biker guy who hates everything. Zoey is the zombie movie loving college student. And Louis… likes pills.

GRABBIN’ PEELZ!

And it’s really, really punishing for people who don’t want to be team players.

Oh, yeah. That’s always hilarious.

“I hate pills.”-not really Francis

• CommentAuthorSen
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012

“It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings.”

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

That’s not a Dr. Johnson, is it?

• CommentAuthorSen

Um. Gandhi.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012

Meta: growl
    Wash: I agree. We should just kill most of them. The last one left alive will talk.
    Doc: Wash, you just can’t kill everybody you meet.
    Wash: Why not?
    Doc: Uh… well, now you’re putting me on the spot. I don’t really have an answer for that, it just seems like a bad idea. Karma?

And I quote: “I believe that the best definition of man is this: a creature who walks on two legs and is ungrateful.”

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012

Watching a university lecture from 1991.

And I Quote: [lecturer to the volunteer:] “Have you ever used a computer with a mouse before?”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012

And I quote: “Fetch me my warrior muumuu!”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2012

And I quote: “I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!”

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

Neuro: Notes From Underground, right? :D I love that line.

^^Yes. I’m reading it for World Lit. I’m not sure how I like it overall (the voice is nice, but it seems like a long rant), but that line really stood out to me.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

That’s about what I got out of it. Readable, but basically one intelligent angry man’s complaints against nearly everything.