Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

A thread for quotes, from your favourite comedians and philosophers to that joke your Maths teacher made on the last day of school. But! The catch! You can’t just post a quote, you have to introduce it and say And I quote:! Else I’ll whine! Whining men are really cringeworthy and no one wants that! So don’t make me! Ok!

I’ll start us off with a quote by Robin Williams who said, and I quote: “God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to use one at a time.”

• CommentAuthorWitrin
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited

And I quote: Give a man a fire and he’s warm for the day, set fire to him and he’s warm for the rest of his life.

Terry Pratchett.

whinewhinewhinewhinewhine

• CommentAuthorWitrin

Whoops. Fixed. But now you’ve shown people that they really do have something to be scared of.

Yes, I’m very, very intimidating.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009

And I quote: Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

——Duchess.

“...it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved.” -Machiavelli

“His blood smells like cologne. His hands feel like rich, brown, suede.” -Anonymous narrator on the Most Interesting Man In The World

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine whine whine

The other day a little kid who shares my name was bothering me, and at one point tried to pwn me, saying, and I quote, “The Ali with white teeth is going to be called Doofus from now on… Doofus!”

He could use a visit to the dentist.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

"URGGZOB IS TEN LUMBERJACKS!"

Actually I knew my rule would not be kept to like, at all.

But I think the thread title’s better than DEH QOOTE THREAD GAIS. Because that’s kind of boring.

And I quote: “Shooting this show is pretty intense. You lose your life. But I have no life, so it’s perfect!” -David Krumholtz

And I quote: “Nobody’s perfect; I am nobody.” — a friend.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009

And I quote: “I’m surrounded by idiots.” —Scar

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Sorcery is the sauce people spread over failure to hide the taste of their own incompetence.” – Tyrion.

Mr. Paolini, using ten different adjectives to describe a raindrop sliding down a leaf doesn’t make you a good writer. Even the Bible says that, and I quote: “The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “I’ve been denied everything…EVEN MY REVEEEEENNGE!!!”

What’s that from?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Gargoyles.
    Goliath is trying to revenge himself on the Vikings who destroyed his clan, but their leader is attacked by the traitor who allowed them to do it, and they both fall off a cliff, preventing Goliath from killing either of them himself.

Thought it seemed familiar.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009 edited

And I quote: “Merlin, come here. Look what I found. I found a place where you can put things. It’s called a cupboard.” —Arthur Pendragon

And I quote: “I excel at not giving a shit. The way I see it, interest leads to expectation. Expectation leads to disappointment. A equals B equals C equals A, or whatever.”

George Lass

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Hey! LISTEN! Helloo! Hey! Watch out! Listen! Hey! Watch out! Helloo! HEY!”

And I quote: “If you have trouble remembering it, just think of a bag of crap.”

Mike Hanigan (AKA Crap Bag)

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Come, power of the universe! Raargh, dragon king slice!!”

And I quote: “Gadwin’s secret move: Dragon Cut!”

And I quote: “High school is like four years of being molested with a catus by the government.”

Kitty

^^Win.

@NeuroticPlatypus

>And I quote: “High school is like four years of being molested with a catus cactus by the government.”

Fixed.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009

@ Moldorm

Navi. Nice.

And I quote: “I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.”

Solomon Short

^^That’s great.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

And I quote: “Clever girl…”—-Robert Muldoon, Jurassic Park

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Once in maths class, way back when I was in high scool, the teacher wass complaining that everyone was chatting. He said something about how all talking must be related to maths, so one of the students said, and I quote: “I could go for a square root!”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited

Yay, people getting my references!

And I quote: “I’ll BEAT you!” “HOhohoho, you think you can beat ME!?”

That was a quote from Grandia wasn’t it? The power of the universe one?

Been a while since I played it. Hmm, was it Dragon King Slice after all…? Oh well.

And I quote: “I’ve come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass… and I’m all out of ass bubblegum.”

And I quote: “Bored Now” – Willow

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

No, you were right. The move is called Flying Dragon Cut, but Gadwin says Dragon King Slice when he uses it.
    And I quote: “This man are sick”, “Off course”, “Beacause you are a puppet.”

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

And I quote: “Well… when I’m with a boy I like, it’s hard for me to say anything cool, or, or witty. Or at all. I – I can usually make a few vowel sounds, and then I have to go away.” – Willow

I feel asleep.

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited

And I quote: “Thou shalt not worship false idols.” – Exodus, Bible

Therefore, things like the following should not exist.

And I quote: “Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

- Rich Cook

“You dare bring light to my lair? YOU MUST DIE!!!”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009

And I quote: "Mah boi!"

“I can’t wait to bomb some dodongos!” punches air

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009 edited

“I’m so hungry, I could eat an octorok!

“SQUADALA!!! WE ARE OFF!!!”

•  
      CommentAuthorRand
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009

And I quote: “You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought!”

“Would it help if I got out and pushed?”

‘‘IT’S A TRAP!’‘
    As long as we’re on Star Wars.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009

And I quote: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

And I quote: “KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Do not want!

“GrrrrAAWWWWwrr!”

-Chewbacca

And I Quote-“Someone get this walking carpet out of my way.”
    -Princess Leia

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

And I quote: “BRISINGIR!!!”

—Eragon

I’m the Rider, and I say we go!”

-Eragon (the movie)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

And I quote: “My heart died a while back.”

-Eragon

“The songs of the dead are the lamentations of the living.”

-Eragon

And I quote: INCONCEIVABLE!

And I quote: “Anybody want a peanut?” — Fezzik

And I quote: “Want some RYE?”

“And the good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin’ ‘This’ll be the day that I die.’ “

-American Pie

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

And I quote: “My, my, this here Anakin guy. Maybe Vader, someday later, now he’s just a small fry.”

- The Saga Begins

And I quote: “Spaaaaace, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before!”

-Star Trek: The Original Series

@Elanor

And I quote: “FARRAKHAAAAAAAAN!”

-The Wrath of Farrakhan

Well, if we’re going to do TV intros…
    In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire… The A-Team.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009

And I quote Robert Hamburger: “The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.”

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

And I quote Little Khuribo: “Why is everybody on this show a f***ing ninja!?”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Feel the pain…of those inferior beings…as you BURN IN HELL!!”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

And I quote: “Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!”

-Minsc

And I quote: Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Heaven Queen, carry me, away from our pain!”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

And I quote:

Em excuse me but who do u tink u are!!!wat maks u tink u hav d rite 2 critise sumtin dat alot of ppl love and Cookie :P yeh evry1 has d rite 2 der own opinon but not wen it offends alot of ppl dey dnt no u say u lik twilight den u wud no dat dese tings smeyer has cum up wit are calld original ideas!! sweetheart vampires dnt exist so dey can b wateva ny1 wants dem 2 b dey can luk how ppl want dem 2 luk act d way ppl want dem 2 act drink wat dey want and do wat dey want so who are u 2 critise stephanie’s vampire’s which happen 2 b d best kind so far wit d followin dey hav!!! and Cookie :P eh dat lil comment bout tinkin sumtin is cool just cause evry1 says it is how dare u say sumtin lik dat y did u read d books i mean how hypocritical did u jus mak urself out 2 b and so wat if she did read dem cos sum1 tld her dey wer gud dat dusn mean she has formd her opinion on dat it jus means she tuk sum1’s advice and read dem and jus happened 2 lik dem so u hav no rite 2 critise ny1’s opinion i mean here u are sayin evry1 is entitled 2 der own opinion and den u go and critise sum1 else’s how is dat fair!!!! and eh stephanie is a mourmon sex isn allowd until marriage dats y its not in d book until after dey get married if u researchd a lil mre instead of jus jumpin in after readin u wud no dat!! i no d books arnt evy1’s favorite im not sayin dey hav 2 b but ders no need 2 critise sumtin jus cos u dnt lik it and hav a weird obsession wit blood thristy killers get over urself ur not dat important and al u are doin is upsettin alot of ppl!!!! and so wat if stephanie uses 2 many adjectives dats d way she writes wen u release a world wide best seller den u can critise or wen u become sum1 who’s opinion matters den il listen until den keep ur snide lil comment 2 urself!!! also it may b obession wit bella and edward but it turns in2 love dats how stephanie see’s tru love its wat u want it 2 b dats wat stephanie wants it 2 b and breaking dawn if u had paid ny attention reading new moon and eclipse u’d no edward got over his thirst for bella’s blood wen he thought she was dead dats y her blood dusn send him wild in breaking dawn bella is 2 important 2 him for dat 2 happen so jus d fact dat u can say get rid of breaking dawn cos u find it disgusting jus means u dnt truly understand wats goin in d book alot mre ppl alot mre important ppl understand it and lik it so y shud dey get rid of a book cos u didn lik it lik i said get over urself!! u dnt lik d book fine ders no need 2 b harsh!! ur opinion matters but next time u shud keep it 2 urself cos ur upsetting and lot of ppl jus because u dnt no wat love is!!!

-Lisa

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “You are nothing! NOTHING!!”

@ Puppet: I can’t even get through five lines. XP

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

I don’t understand how you can keep that nonsense up for so long. “a lot of ppl love and Cookie” wot?

And I quote: “Oh, great, he’s seventeen.”

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

@ Snow White Queen: to translate, “dude, quit harshing my buzz!”

“Let there be light.”

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited

@Elanor

And I quote: “How long have you been seventeen?”

And I also quote: “If we don’t come back, tell Uhura-”

And I quote the Ninth Doctor: “Bananas are good.”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2009

And I quote: “In a reminiscent mood are we, Doctor? Poor Miss Grant, you have my deepest sympathies.”

And I quote: “That’s very zen of you. You must smoke pot.”

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009

And I quote: “Old English was all about þorn”

:D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009

And I quote: Once the Doctor is exterminated, I wil build a NEW RACE OF DALEKS! They will be EVEN MORE DEADLY!!! And I, Davros, WILL BE THEIR LEADER!!!!! My DALEKS will ONCE MORE BECOME the SUPREME BEINGS!!!!!

“That’s very zen of you. You must smoke pot.”

What’s that from?

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

And I quote: Whatever became of the moment when one first knew about death? There must have been one. A moment. In childhood. When it first occurred to you that you don’t go on forever. Must have been shattering. Stamped into one’s memory. And yet, I can’t remember it. It never occurred to me at all. We must be born with an intuition of mortality. Before we know the word for it. Before we know that there are words. Out we come, bloodied and squalling, with the knowledge that for all the points of the compass, there’s only one direction. And time is its only measure.

Rosencrantz (not the Shakespeare kind.)

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “And really, what’s the world coming to when you can’t even trust the word of Adolf Hitler?

And I quote: “Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can’t just have a character announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!”

And I also quote: “What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets!”

Somebody set up us the bomb!

• CommentAuthorDamselfly
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

And I quote: "With that diamond and my lasers, they could make a nuclear weapon!"

(Quote is not exact, but no way I'm watching through that movie again.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRandomX2
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

And I quote: “I’m the mastermind here. Thinking is my responsibility, not yours.”

Somebody set up us the bomb!

take off every zig

And I quote: “Outside of a dog, reading is my favorite thing. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009

And I quote: “I was made by the Presbyterian Church!” “The Presbyterian Church like enjoys you not.”

•  
      CommentAuthorRandomX2
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009 edited

And I quote: "All your base your base, base, base. All your base your base, are belong to us."

basebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebasebase

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “Stand still, I need to crush you.”

And I quote: “I used to fuck guys like you in prison!”

And I quote: “One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,” — If You Don’t Know Who Wrote That, You Have Been Living Under A Rock.

“Rubber lips…are immune to your charms.”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And I quote: “You’ll get no sympathy from me – I fight for my friends.”

If You Don’t Know Who Wrote That, You Have Been Living Under A Rock.

Was it Mel Gibson in The Road Warrior?

Yes ‘twas, you are so smart! ;P

yay, a winnar is me