Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Has anyone ever seen this show? It’s really good. I haven’t been able to find very many people who’ve seen it. It was prematurely canceled after two seasons. It used to come on Showtime, I think. The movie is pretty horrible, but the show is amazing.

It’s about this eighteen-year-old girl who dies and becomes a grim reaper. She is in a group of five reapers. They take the souls of people before they die and lead them to their “lights.” They look different than they did in life, so no one recognizes them, and they never age. They have to collect their quota of souls (which is unknown) before they can move on. They don’t get paid, so they have to either get jobs or steal to get money. They can get hurt, but they heal really fast.

Here it is on IMDb.

If you read the description on there, it sounds really weird, but it is actually very good.

it sounds really weird, but it is actually very good.

Really? The commercials were crap on Hallmark…

That might be for the movie. The movie sucks.

I did not see the movie, but the show kicked so much ass! Why did they cancel it, anyways? It was pwnsome!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

How come all the good shows get canceled? :(

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

Ah, that’s that thing that I saw a commercial for while on holiday in Austria last year! I never caught the name.
    Must research for eventual purchase.

I did not see the movie, but the show kicked so much ass! Why did they cancel it, anyways? It was pwnsome!

Thank you! From what I’ve read while obsessively searching the internet, the network claimed low ratings. However, there are reports that DLM had ratings three times as high as other Showtime shows. The rumored reason is that there was a new head exec who wanted to “make room for new shows.” He put on Fat Actress with Kirstie Alley instead. Gag

And I don’t like the movie because they recast Daisy, there’s no Rube, and they broke almost all the established rules in the series. The writers made everyone out of character, especially Daisy. Her character wasn’t helped by the actress’s ineptitude to play the character. She wanted to “make it her own.” She made it a little too “her own.”

This is the first part of the pilot.

@NeuroticPlatypus – thank you for the warning. I am so not watching the movie now that I know this. Thank god they did not fuck up the Firefly movie like that. But sadly, nothing is sacred to Hollywood.