Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorInkasrain
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

Has anyone seen any of Joss Whedon’s new (gulp) FOX show, “Dollhouse”? I put off watching it until just recently, as I could only imagine it would get canceled in a blink. It’s been renewed for another season, though, and I’m thrilled, because it’s really a terrific show. The best episodes bring up some seriously intense philosophical issues, and there is an excellent array of really fascinating characters (along with some Whedon humor that is truly hilarious.) The first few episodes start slowly, but it is most definitely worth a watch.

Summary according to the know-nothings at FOX:

ECHO (Dushku) is an “Active,” a member of a highly illegal and underground group of individuals who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas. Hired by the wealthy, powerful and connected, the Actives don’t just perform their hired roles, they wholly become — with mind, personality and physiology — whomever the client wants or needs them to be. Whether imprinted to be a lover, an assassin, a corporate negotiator or a best friend, the Actives know no other life than the specific engagements they are in at that time.

I’ve seen it. It’s okay, but I also fear things like that getting canceled, so I haven’t really gotten into it. They cancel everything that has an orignal plot, or almost everything anyway.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

The first season got better near the end, when Alayn Tudyk (Wash) came in. Hopefully it really starts to pick up, I like it. Dushku gets a tad annoying though.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkasrain

ED can definitely be grating, and I don’t know if she’s really a strong enough actress to be the main focus of the show, but I think Dollhouse works best as an ensemble in any case. The supporting cast is excellent, and very engaging. I think the show really picks up around the sixth episode, when the bigger picture starts to emerge and the smaller episodic plotlines take a backseat to the mythology.

Also, the mysterious unaired 13th episode is supposed to be mind-blowing, and really be sort of a mythological blueprint for the rest of the series. I really hope Fox lets it develop!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Agreed, the supporting cast is much better.

I have yet to watch it, but it seems intriguing… Should be coming on FX sometime soon here…

Now I wish I had Fox. Smorty smort, blort deblort.

The first season got better near the end, when Alayn Tudyk (Wash) came in. Hopefully it really starts to pick up, I like it. Dushku gets a tad annoying though.

WASH IS IN IT? I WANT!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

WASH IS IN IT? I WANT!

Yeah, and he is a total BAMF.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkasrain
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

Yes. Yes he is. And creepy as hell.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil